Topic Stats

• 1,797 posts
  • 278 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by mjenison
  • Topic is favorited by 128 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 650 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200112_153611 (resized).jpg
f26c684a7f71ffb6aeddf092a7b48368e2dbe25d (resized).jpg
A1F9DC1B-D9CB-4ADA-8B86-2A50E1FAE6A8 (resized).jpeg
th (resized).jpeg
FH Mirror Incandescents Smaller (resized).jpg
Love Tester (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.51 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.59 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.38 PM (resized).png
03F80E51-7FD8-4222-8D4F-91C3BAD59D10 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191112_195738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191112_200832 (resized).jpg
786DF738-6D7C-4524-AE92-322F401E69C8 (resized).jpeg
8E3F2F1F-F997-4FA8-A8CD-F59BBEBE2165 (resized).jpeg
9F8E9FE8-223D-4329-8DEF-4C9501933D59 (resized).jpeg
F1F316E5-0856-4BBD-A1C8-D6BD36C7A287 (resized).jpeg

There are 1797 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 36.
#1751 54 days ago

Somewhere in this thread I saw somebody outfit the mirror with colored incandescent bulbs. I think LED’ding any pinball is a good idea but I love the concept of using incandescent bulbs wherever they’re visible to the naked eye above the playfield. The Funhouse mirror wants #555’s. pinballlife.com doesn’t have a full combination of colored incandescent #44’s and #555’s in stock right now, but FYI bulbtown.com does. I’ve made an order and will circle back to confirm they’re as good as I hope they are.

#1752 53 days ago

Joined the club yesterday!

It seems like it’s going to clean up really well. I noticed that these pop number caps have the funhouse logo on them. Is that how they came from the factory?

6740A03D-71E6-4BC3-9075-CF4AF5701263 (resized).jpegF9AA3A08-2577-4D6A-9A54-577328163C46 (resized).jpeg
#1753 53 days ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

It seems like it’s going to clean up really well. I noticed that these pop number caps have the funhouse logo on them. Is that how they came from the factory?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, they are decals on the pop bumpers.

#1754 53 days ago

GI OCD installed! Took an hour going slowly and methodically and the instructions were great. Haven’t made any changes to the settings yet. Does anyone have a config you like? I’ll share mine once I do some tweaking. It’s almost perfect with no adjustments. I just want the backbox to go dark at midnight except for the main logo, and I may play with the individual brightness levels.

6CF7909F-D723-44D6-A17E-722C551444D6 (resized).jpeg786DF738-6D7C-4524-AE92-322F401E69C8 (resized).jpeg8E3F2F1F-F997-4FA8-A8CD-F59BBEBE2165 (resized).jpeg9F8E9FE8-223D-4329-8DEF-4C9501933D59 (resized).jpegF1F316E5-0856-4BBD-A1C8-D6BD36C7A287 (resized).jpeg
#1755 52 days ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

It seems like it’s going to clean up really well. I noticed that these pop number caps have the funhouse logo on them. Is that how they came from the factory?[quoted image][quoted image]

Speaking of Fun house pop decals, does anyone know where I can find just the stickers for them?

#1756 52 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Speaking of Fun house pop decals, does anyone know where I can find just the stickers for them?

I think Pinball Decals has them. Also Ministry of Pinball.

#1757 47 days ago

I bought mine from Bay Area Amusements.

#1758 47 days ago

I bought bumper cap decals from Pinball Heaven. Can't recommend the seller. Lettering dropped before I stick them on. No refund and Paypal did not help at all.

IMG_20191112_200832 (resized).jpg
#1759 46 days ago

Doesn’t sound like the pinball heaven customer service I know. They are usually impeccable. Is the UK based company?

#1760 46 days ago

They did not answer my questions until I contacted via Paypal. They said it was my fault and that's all they said.

IMG_20191112_195738 (resized).jpg
#1761 42 days ago

I’m cleaning out some storage and I have some funhouse playfield parts if anyone is interested .

Wire forms
Ball guides
Working transformer
Some plastics
Ramps
Coil mechs
Metal scoops

#1762 42 days ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

I’m cleaning out some storage and I have some funhouse playfield parts if anyone is interested .
Wire forms
Ball guides
Working transformer
Some plastics
Ramps
Coil mechs
Metal scoops

PM sent

#1763 42 days ago

I have some more but this is what I know for sure fits . Might be some pinbot ball guides mixed in . I tested the transformer back when I had the game and it does work . I know some of the light boards belong to pinbot .

03F80E51-7FD8-4222-8D4F-91C3BAD59D10 (resized).jpeg
#1764 41 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Does anyone know where I can find the pop bumper funhouse decals? I have new covers, just need the decals to go on top.

If anyone needs these, PM me. I have a few sets. $7.50 (includes postage in USA) for a set of 3.

#1765 41 days ago

Just finished making a few more sets of these if anyones interested ..hybrid Mirrorblades with decals

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/funhouse-pinball-mirror-bladez-bally-williams

All handmade and take lots of patience to make.

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-16 at 7.54.59 PM (resized).png
#1766 38 days ago

My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I just discovered it:

NOT virtual pinball, mind you (although the cabinet he made is pretty neat) but rather the deeper - and much darker - story he offers about what might really be going on with Rudy and the funhouse. If you thought the game was creepy before, wait until you hear this. Then try to unhear it, especially when you're playing the game.

I totally, thoroughly, and completely do not believe that this is what Mr. Lawlor and the team had in mind when they designed Funhouse. But minimally it will give you an interesting tale to tell to taunt and tantalize tribes of the easily terror-stricken. And maximally? I could be wrong.

#1767 38 days ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Just finished making a few more sets of these if anyones interested ..hybrid Mirrorblades with decals
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/funhouse-pinball-mirror-bladez-bally-williams
All handmade and take lots of patience to make.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I ever get a funhouse back, I'm gonna splurge for these for sure.

#1768 37 days ago
Quoted from spblat:

Somewhere in this thread I saw somebody outfit the mirror with colored incandescent bulbs. I think LED’ding any pinball is a good idea but I love the concept of using incandescent bulbs wherever they’re visible to the naked eye above the playfield. The Funhouse mirror wants #555’s. pinballlife.com doesn’t have a full combination of colored incandescent #44’s and #555’s in stock right now, but FYI bulbtown.com does. I’ve made an order and will circle back to confirm they’re as good as I hope they are.

Just put mine in a few minutes ago. I really like them - reminds of the grip/love testers in old arcades.
Love Tester (resized).png

FH Mirror Incandescents Smaller (resized).jpg
#1769 36 days ago

Funny, that video above caused me to have some weird Rudy dream last night. Don't remember much, but he was alive and out of the machine. Think he was up to no good too.

#1770 34 days ago

I just saw this at a store. Haven't seen the movie but he looks awfully familiar.

th (resized).jpeg
#1771 32 days ago

Hey all,
I'm starting to collect some new parts in preps for my FunHouse restoration. I'll probably just go ahead and replace the numeric display though the one that's currently in it is working just fine. I haven't seen anything but the orange numeric displays in person but wanting opinions on whether it looks best with the classic orange or if a white display (presumably with a blue color filter) from xpin or another brand is a better look. I know its subjective but I'm interested in opinions of those who have seen other colors on FH in person.

#1772 32 days ago

Orange looks best on the alphanumeric imo!

#1773 32 days ago

Not sure I've ever seen anything but the orange on FH. IMO if it is working fine, I'd just keep it.

#1774 32 days ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Hey all,
I'm starting to collect some new parts in preps for my FunHouse restoration. I'll probably just go ahead and replace the numeric display though the one that's currently in it is working just fine. I haven't seen anything but the orange numeric displays in person but wanting opinions on whether it looks best with the classic orange or if a white display (presumably with a blue color filter) from xpin or another brand is a better look. I know its subjective but I'm interested in opinions of those who have seen other colors on FH in person.

I've seen blue and I kinda like it.

1 week later
#1775 21 days ago

I need the wood back panel on the playfield for my funhouse project. So i figure I have three options:

1: See if anyone has a spare for sale.

2: Offer someone who has one to send theirs in to be reproduced from reese rails, i'll pay for their new one and get one made for myself.

3: Eyeball it and make one myself.

#1776 15 days ago

Does anyone need *one* Cliffy ramp protector? PM me, $5 shipped.

[EDIT: GONE]

A1F9DC1B-D9CB-4ADA-8B86-2A50E1FAE6A8 (resized).jpeg

#1777 15 days ago

stripped down my funhouse cabinet for restore.........any idea what the metal "L" bracket screwed to the insde back of the lower cabinet is for?

#1778 15 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

stripped down my funhouse cabinet for restore.........any idea what the metal "L" bracket screwed to the insde back of the lower cabinet is for?

Pic ?

#1779 15 days ago

mine is already removed ..........but here's a picture

f26c684a7f71ffb6aeddf092a7b48368e2dbe25d (resized).jpg
#1780 14 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

That holds the 2 wire bundles off to the right side of the cabinet so they do not cover the left side decal.

#1781 14 days ago

what left side decal are you talking about?

#1782 14 days ago

This is turning into a who's on first ?

#1783 14 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

what left side decal are you talking about?

The one on the inside of the cabinet. Your decal is missing.

20200112_153611 (resized).jpg
#1784 14 days ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The one on the inside of the cabinet. Your decal is missing.[quoted image]

Ok so you do know that's not factory?

#1785 14 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Ok so you do know that's not factory?

This is how I got it. I did not know that.

#1786 14 days ago

when the playfield is in place does that decal show?

#1787 14 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I wondered the same thing. I looked at my game and couldn't picture even seeing that. Good news is, I think that is very likely to keep the harness in place, so I'm going with mystery solved.

#1788 13 days ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I can see one flag. Not really worth putting it in.

#1789 11 days ago

Has anyone else had any trouble with the replacement mouth gear that Marco is selling? (The round one, not the "sector" gear.) I was surprised when it came and it was a black plastic, but I figured, whatever. But when I installed it, it was too tight for the motor to move it. I had to fart around for the better part of an hour, making the gear teeth shorter and the notches between the teeth deeper with sandpaper and a coping saw, before it moved smoothly and easily.

I do have an early model, with original DiamondPlate, so maybe the gear mechanism was tweaked later?

Interested whether this black gear just pops on and works great for others with no fiddling.

#1790 11 days ago

I had the same issue, but on Red from Roadshow. The gear fit just a little too tight. My solution was the same as yours. I sanded the teeth height and depth until the gear operated smoothly. Took a little patience, but all good. Been using the new gear for about 3-4 years, no issues.

#1791 11 days ago

Thanks, at least now I know I'm not the only one nutty enough to start hacking on it rather than return it. I wonder if it works better if you replace the sector gear too, i.e. maybe that one's replacement is a little looser.

It's all good, hopefully mine will be trouble free for years now, too.

#1792 10 days ago

Does someone have the plastic for the sign behind Rudy's head available?

#1793 8 days ago

I'm hoping someone can help or point me to a link as I'm sure this has been discussed before.

I restored my Funhouse a few years ago with an early Mirco repro and have an that I've never been able to resolve. Both ball shooters more times than not will shank when attempting to shoot the ball. I believe the issue lies with slightly misaligned playfield holes for the ball guides/ramps etc in the ball shooting zone. I've adjusted the ball shooter with no perceivable improvement.

Have others has these issues and resolved them?

Thanks.

#1794 8 days ago

I think I had to bend the metal bracket that the ball rests in. I may have moved the bracket and drilled new holes. It was a while ago.

#1795 8 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I'm hoping someone can help or point me to a link as I'm sure this has been discussed before.
I restored my Funhouse a few years ago with an early Mirco repro and have an that I've never been able to resolve. Both ball shooters more times than not will shank when attempting to shoot the ball. I believe the issue lies with slightly misaligned playfield holes for the ball guides/ramps etc in the ball shooting zone. I've adjusted the ball shooter with no perceivable improvement.
Have others has these issues and resolved them?
Thanks.

I put repro blue and red plungers in my game after restoration and had the same issue. I think the repros are a little short, at least these ones were. I put the original back in, and the problem went away.

#1796 8 days ago

Standard plungers still for me. From memory the playfield length was actually longer than factory which doesn’t help when lowering and raising, but this didn’t effect the ball shooter.

#1797 8 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Standard plungers still for me. From memory the playfield length was actually longer than factory which doesn’t help when lowering and raising, but this didn’t effect the ball shooter.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/3#post-2552799

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 1797 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 36.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside