Topic Stats

• 1,715 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Zablon
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 620 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190915_200722 (resized).jpg
20190915_200733(0) (resized).jpg
20190915_191450 (resized).jpg
8D5D66AF-74D1-4512-A35F-7F346D4E2986 (resized).jpeg
D7AF6973-DF1C-4A0A-A07C-ADB0F62836D5 (resized).jpeg
803AA193-0C2D-493C-80F8-CC4F64E06CA0 (resized).jpeg
17D86437-53B7-47B1-AA6F-1DE27AB44B04 (resized).jpeg
1D15EDAD-D8B8-4B58-ABE8-2F49DA6EA755 (resized).jpeg
7D82D0A0-E363-4AC3-A6F3-037D7A7DBB14 (resized).jpeg
ED63E1D6-708D-4743-8F92-26E86EA30C8A (resized).jpeg
586DDE33-0F6F-4E9B-8815-F5CECC865847 (resized).jpeg
cease-this-fuckery-all-the-political-whining-and-fighting-4653608 (resized).png
trump-rudy (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Child-s-Play-Screen-Used-Original-Good-Guy-Doll-and-Screen-Used-Good-Guy-Water-Gun-Props-1 (resized).jpg
d3db5b95-307b-4a57-a292-e9ec536bc98a (resized).jpg

There are 1715 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.
#1701 29 days ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

Maybe this should be the new scary rudy?[quoted image]

cease-this-fuckery-all-the-political-whining-and-fighting-4653608 (resized).png
1 week later
#1702 18 days ago

I just acquired a funhouse last weekend. Needs a lot of love!! It has some issues, at turn on it “bongs” 6 times, then when you press the start button it bongs another 5.

17D86437-53B7-47B1-AA6F-1DE27AB44B04 (resized).jpeg1D15EDAD-D8B8-4B58-ABE8-2F49DA6EA755 (resized).jpeg586DDE33-0F6F-4E9B-8815-F5CECC865847 (resized).jpeg7D82D0A0-E363-4AC3-A6F3-037D7A7DBB14 (resized).jpeg803AA193-0C2D-493C-80F8-CC4F64E06CA0 (resized).jpeg8D5D66AF-74D1-4512-A35F-7F346D4E2986 (resized).jpegD7AF6973-DF1C-4A0A-A07C-ADB0F62836D5 (resized).jpegED63E1D6-708D-4743-8F92-26E86EA30C8A (resized).jpeg
#1703 18 days ago
Quoted from Randyg:

I just acquired a funhouse last weekend. Needs a lot of love!! It has some issues, at turn on it “bongs” 6 times, then when you press the start button it bongs another 5.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the pick up. Should clean up pretty well, playfield looks in reasonable shape. Can’t help with the “bongs” sorry.

#1704 18 days ago
Quoted from Randyg:

I just acquired a funhouse last weekend. Needs a lot of love!! It has some issues, at turn on it “bongs” 6 times, then when you press the start button it bongs another 5.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The "bongs" mean the computer system has detected an issue with the machine. it is also known as a credit dot as it informs an operator that there is something wrong with the pin. It shows up with a period after the credits on the display. It should tell you where to start looking when you press the enter button behind the coin door.

I'm sure you already know this but your post was somewhat vague as to its meaning.

#1705 18 days ago

Pre-DCS Sound Board Games.
"Bong" definitions
1 - No issues...enjoy a game.
2 - U9 RAM failure.
3 - U18 ROM failure.
4 - U15 ROM failure.
5 - U14 ROM failure.

#1706 18 days ago
Quoted from Randyg:

You have a beautiful playfield waiting for you under that mylar. Your machine has the typical insert lifting (the white around each insert is the tell tale) caused from bulb heat. Should you choose to remove the mylar (Google freeze spray method) you'll also need to flatten the inserts or the edges of the inserts get beaten to hell.
Instead of reiterating a method in my words, heres an excerpt from RGP from our good pal Cliffy. (Btw, if you LED that machine you'll want to add the GIOCD and LEDOCD boards.
Yes. Use a hair blow dryer or heat shrink gun on low to soften the glue from the bottom. You may be able to push the insert back down with your finger but likely not.

I did a post to RGP about this long ago, pasted here- This is my cold method.

Now place a sheet of wax paper over the insert on top and use a perfectly flat and smooth hunk of hardwood and a hammer. I use a nice smooth piece of oak block that's bigger than the insert by at least 50% and at least 3/4 inch thick. I just did a High Speed and I mean EVERY insert was lifted about 1/16th of an inch and some were even higher! I use a 10 ounce claw hammer (smooth flat faced, never a ball peen!) directly on the hardwood block, squarely over the insert and I whack that sonofab**** but good! WHAM! They get down pretty quick for the most
part but some take repeated beatings Scares the hell out of anyone within hearing distance. My neighbor came running across the court once. Thought I was pissed at the game and was beating it to death WHACK!

Yep it sounds like brute force and it is. I've never done any damage to inserts or playfields though. The hardwood block spreads the impact fairly evenly. Do NOT try this with a soft wood! And here's a tip I learned from my carpenter dad about hammering; wherever your eye is
focused is where the hammer will go, simple as that. Look at the block and swing Scary? You bet! But it works. Once they are down flat flip up the playfield and use some thin CA (super glue) to lock that sucker in place.
(Use this tech tip at your own risk. Your mileage may vary. This poster not responsible for damage done by people who cannot keep their eye on the block "

#1707 18 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

You have a beautiful playfield waiting for you under that mylar. Your machine has the typical insert lifting (the white around each insert is the tell tale) caused from bulb heat. Should you choose to remove the mylar (Google freeze spray method) you'll also need to flatten the inserts or the edges of the inserts get beaten to hell.
Instead of reiterating a method in my words, heres an excerpt from RGP from our good pal Cliffy. (Btw, if you LED that machine you'll want to add the GIOCD and LEDOCD boards.
Yes. Use a hair blow dryer or heat shrink gun on low to soften the glue from the bottom. You may be able to push the insert back down with your finger but likely not.
I did a post to RGP about this long ago, pasted here- This is my cold method.
Now place a sheet of wax paper over the insert on top and use a perfectly flat and smooth hunk of hardwood and a hammer. I use a nice smooth piece of oak block that's bigger than the insert by at least 50% and at least 3/4 inch thick. I just did a High Speed and I mean EVERY insert was lifted about 1/16th of an inch and some were even higher! I use a 10 ounce claw hammer (smooth flat faced, never a ball peen!) directly on the hardwood block, squarely over the insert and I whack that sonofab**** but good! WHAM! They get down pretty quick for the most
part but some take repeated beatings Scares the hell out of anyone within hearing distance. My neighbor came running across the court once. Thought I was pissed at the game and was beating it to death WHACK!
Yep it sounds like brute force and it is. I've never done any damage to inserts or playfields though. The hardwood block spreads the impact fairly evenly. Do NOT try this with a soft wood! And here's a tip I learned from my carpenter dad about hammering; wherever your eye is
focused is where the hammer will go, simple as that. Look at the block and swing Scary? You bet! But it works. Once they are down flat flip up the playfield and use some thin CA (super glue) to lock that sucker in place.
(Use this tech tip at your own risk. Your mileage may vary. This poster not responsible for damage done by people who cannot keep their eye on the block "

Can you do this with out taking parts of the playfield?

#1708 18 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

Can you do this with out taking parts of the playfield?

All of this can be done without component removal! Google freeze spray method - remove mylar. Google how to clean old glue residue off playfield.
How to level the inserts was already discussed in my previous thread. Enjoy that beautiful playfield underneath!

1 week later
#1709 7 days ago

I think I like the colored incandescent in the mirror. Everything else is led.

20190915_191450 (resized).jpg
#1710 7 days ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I think I like the colored incandescent in the mirror. Everything else is led.[quoted image]

I like how yours look. They have more of a Funhouse carnival feel to them. Mine are just frosted colored LEDs.

Where did you get those? Are they colored glass?

20190915_200722 (resized).jpg20190915_200733(0) (resized).jpg
#1712 7 days ago

Please leave those in when you deliver the game to me.

#1713 7 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I like how yours look. They have more of a Funhouse carnival feel to them. Mine are just frosted colored LEDs.
Where did you get those? Are they colored glass?[quoted image][quoted image]

Buy the proper colored rubber caps and your game looks original again. Problem solved.

#1714 5 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Please leave those in when you deliver the game to me.

Do I get to pick one from your lineup?

#1715 13 hours ago

I agree, I really like the look of those colored incandescents. Might be the first and only change I make to mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Sale Pending!
Chelsea, MI
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 1715 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside