20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 102.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Oooh, not just drunk, that's a pretty gnarly barfight...
Looks like Marco's is out of stock on the eyelids.

Seems like Rudy (and Red and Ted) parts are a little hard to come by.

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Seems like Rudy (and Red and Ted) parts are a little hard to come by.

Indeed!

#1603 4 years ago

I’ll see what I can do about that.

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’ll see what I can do about that.

Well, you can sound off on on the thread I started on Planetary Pinball's forums. They have all the rights to the IP for all the B/W games, and represent the best chance we have to get the parts produced. You can also participate in the library I'm building on Thingiverse for all the plastic parts in 3d printable format. So far it's the eyeball crank.

Unless, of course, you've got an injection molding setup and the legal resources to defend against PP, in which case, by all means, forge ahead!

#1605 4 years ago

I have never seen Rudy’s head for sale. I got lucky and found NOS eyelids when mine broke in the same way a while back. I still need the back of Rudy’s head since mine is warped badly. Such a prominent part of the game and you can’t find replacements just seems ridiculous to me.

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I have never seen Rudy’s head for sale. I got lucky and found NOS eyelids when mine broke in the same way a while back. I still need the back of Rudy’s head since mine is warped badly. Such a prominent part of the game and you can’t find replacements just seems ridiculous to me.

I agree. I think the best way forward is to let Planetary Pinball know there's a market. I started a thread in their parts request/wishlist forum, and so far only one person has jumped on.

I suspect if there more responses, they'd be more likely to consider repro-ing some parts.

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I agree. I think the best way forward is to let Planetary Pinball know there's a market. I started a thread in their parts request/wishlist forum, and so far only one person has jumped on.
I suspect if there more responses, they'd be more likely to consider repro-ing some parts.

Don't expect too much. That forum is dead, just check few topics, feedback by PPS is very rare.
The market is not so big, maybe few dozens, and asking price is simple too much for majority in case of small run.

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Well, you can sound off on on the thread I started on Planetary Pinball's forums. They have all the rights to the IP for all the B/W games, and represent the best chance we have to get the parts produced. You can also participate in the library I'm building on Thingiverse for all the plastic parts in 3d printable format. So far it's the eyeball crank.
Unless, of course, you've got an injection molding setup and the legal resources to defend against PP, in which case, by all means, forge ahead!

I don't want to make comments and then not be able to follow through. So let's just say I'm working on something and hopefully I'll get it all figured out.

#1609 4 years ago

What’s a good replay score for a good playing game with one extra ball? Mine is at 7 mil or so and I’m hitting that about every other game. 10 mil feels a little better for what I’m looking for on location.

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What’s a good replay score for a good playing game with one extra ball? Mine is at 7 mil or so and I’m hitting that about every other game. 10 mil feels a little better for what I’m looking for on location.

My 9 years old son do that, with special lights on... He plays better than me... lol

Screenshot_20190712-124030_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190712-124030_Video Player (resized).jpg
#1611 4 years ago

Can someone help me about recently purchased CPR plastic set? They've switched to digital print, and I would like to see some pics.
Thanks.

#1612 4 years ago

Hello folks, anyone have any advice on how to fix these cracks on the top edges of Rudy’s frame? Haven’t seen the frame for sale anywhere. I imagine the cracks are contributing to the buzzing I hear when he looks left and right.
8F6282C5-AA87-47F6-8B43-9C216E45F792 (resized).jpeg8F6282C5-AA87-47F6-8B43-9C216E45F792 (resized).jpeg

#1613 4 years ago

I guess welding them up is the solution. Or a home brew fix would be something like JB WELD.
They all buzz when he looks left and right though mate.

#1614 4 years ago

I've did a home-brew fix on a DE Star Wars flipper mech nearly 20 years ago using JB Weld. It is still holding! I would think it would do fine for Rudy's frame.

#1615 4 years ago

I have taken stainless brackets to a competent weld shop.

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Depends on your clientele. If this is a well known pin hangout then youd probably fare better by even bumping it to 14 million. And more players advise, It's easy enough to complete the mirror, and it's easy to get to midnight multi ball and while keeping just 2 balls in play, shoot the ramp, open the trapdoor, keep right flipper engaged, shoot the hallway while cradling ball 2 on the right flipper. Shoot the trap door, wash, rinse repeat. I'm to the point where 14 million is becoming an average game. If a person always plunges to in lanes it's also pretty easy to get a gangway bonus and opening up the extra ball there too. Steps ramp dont collect until extra ball is lit up.

#1617 4 years ago

I’ll give J-B Weld a try then turn to brackets if it doesn’t hold. Thanks for the suggestions all!

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Depends on your clientele. If this is a well known pin hangout then youd probably fare better by even bumping it to 14 million. And more players advise, It's easy enough to complete the mirror, and it's easy to get to midnight multi ball and while keeping just 2 balls in play, shoot the ramp, open the trapdoor, keep right flipper engaged, shoot the hallway while cradling ball 2 on the right flipper. Shoot the trap door, wash, rinse repeat. I'm to the point where 14 million is becoming an average game. If a person always plunges to in lanes it's also pretty easy to get a gangway bonus and opening up the extra ball there too. Steps ramp dont collect until extra ball is lit up.

Sounds good. I will keep an eye on things and see how fast the leaderboard gets 10m+ scores.

#1619 4 years ago

Guys, in case of at least 10 request, I will consider to create Rudy faces. Same quality as Roadshow heads.

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Guys, in case of at least 10 request, I will consider to create Rudy faces. Same quality as Roadshow heads.

Make it 9!

I'm definitely in.

#1621 4 years ago

I'd be in!

#1622 4 years ago

I’d take one

#1623 4 years ago

I'd potentially be interested as well

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Has a cost been mentioned?

pending cost i'd be in for one too

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Has a cost been mentioned?

As 1st step, let's see the level of interest. If there is no interest (without price), then the project is "no go" anyway.

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

As 1st step, let's see the level of interest. If there is no interest (without price), then the project is "no go" anyway.

You need to change your mindset. If you can pull this off then focus on the resellers who would buy tons of this. You need to move forward cost be damned so you have product to provide them a sample of. My .02

#1628 4 years ago

I would be down for replacement face parts! Let me know what they will cost!

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

You need to change your mindset. If you can pull this off then focus on the resellers who would buy tons of this. You need to move forward cost be damned so you have product to provide them a sample of. My .02

Mass production is not my intention, but I would like to help to some pinheads. To create 10 takes also lots of time, I have many other things to do next to my family and daily job.

#1630 4 years ago

I'm in depending on price.

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Mass production is not my intention, but I would like to help to some pinheads. To create 10 takes also lots of time, I have many other things to do next to my family and daily job.

So what are you going to do if 30 people say they are in? Are you stating you're limiting this to only 10? I'm in depending upon price as well.

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I get that, but can you provide a range at all? Making up numbers, I’m in at $50, but not at $500. I might get one just to support the effort, but don’t want to commit to an unknown cost and then get sticker shock later.

The back part of the Rudy head is a little messed up on mine, but the front is pretty good.

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

So what are you going to do if 30 people say they are in? Are you stating you're limiting this to only 10? I'm in depending upon price as well.

Never say never - but I think there is no demand for 30. I won't say no, but definitely won't do it as 1 batch.

#1634 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I get that, but can you provide a range at all? Making up numbers, I’m in at $50, but not at $500. I might get one just to support the effort, but don’t want to commit to an unknown cost and then get sticker shock later.
The back part of the Rudy head is a little messed up on mine, but the front is pretty good.

A 3 digit number, but less than 160. I can't commit now, it depends of many things (and can fail at many process steps), it's not a simple copy/paste task.
Back part of Rudy looks more simple to create. Does it makes sense to work on that part?

#1635 4 years ago

Please put me down for both parts

#1636 4 years ago

I'm out...

#1637 4 years ago

I am having some balls blow right past the mech on the lock shot from time to time. I don’t know what I might be missing but is this a common issue with a known solution?

Quoted from Davi:

A 3 digit number, but less than 160. I can't commit now, it depends of many things (and can fail at many process steps), it's not a simple copy/paste task.
Back part of Rudy looks more simple to create. Does it makes sense to work on that part?

I might need one at some point but don’t know if that’s enough.

#1638 4 years ago

When were you in?

#1639 4 years ago

What about different faces for rudy?

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I am having some balls blow right past the mech on the lock shot from time to time. I don’t know what I might be missing but is this a common issue with a known solution?

Quoted from desertT1:

Yes it’s a common issue. The ball lock cam will need replacing. Over time they get battered out of shape, enough for a ball to sneak past the cam. It basically looks like metal circle with a bite taken out of it

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

What about different faces for rudy?

Do you mean regular or scary version? That's possible.

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Mine does the same thing from time to time, especially with a fast shot into the lock area. Haven’t been able to fix it and there is very little wear on the cam. Adjusted a million different ways and still does it occasionally.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Mine does the same thing from time to time, especially with a fast shot into the lock area. Haven’t been able to fix it and there is very little wear on the cam. Adjusted a million different ways and still does it occasionally.

Make sure it's tight as possible.

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The disc mech does eventually get worn out and needing replaced, but it also needs to be adjusted/set correctly. In resting position the bottom of the cut out needs to align with the edge of the ball guide. Adjusted wrong and the disc doesnt kick the ball out into the lane. But sometimes even that isn't enough. You can add a flipper spring to stiffen it up. Downside of that is when the ball hits the disc it "can" send the ball back towards the gate and then the ball goes back to the switch where it belongs. This can introduce a slight lag in play as the game waits for switch activation.

#1645 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. I will get a new once since I have no idea the last time it was replaced and try to get it arranged correctly.

#1646 4 years ago

Here is Professor Pinballs Funhouse Pinduino ramp lighting kit with Rudy light mod. I think it came out fantastic! Thanks Eric.

#1647 4 years ago

Awesome! Ordered

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Here is Professor Pinballs Funhouse Pinduino ramp lighting kit with Rudy light mod. I think it came out fantastic! Thanks Eric.

Thanks for the post and that looks awesome! Great job getting that installed and the video is excellent.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Awesome! Ordered

Thanks for the order. I'll get this built and out to you as soon as I can. For anyone else interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/02684-pinduino-funhouse-interactive-lighting-for-the-step-ramp

#1649 4 years ago

lyonsden it appears the guy who did the video isnt using a GIOCD or LEDOCD board.
Have you tested this module with these boards?
For Eric:
A.) Highly suggest as it takes the sharpness off
B.) It dims the GI at midnight as designed

#1650 4 years ago

Does anybody have the picture of Rudy as a old man? I've been looking everywhere but can't find it since seeing it on Facebook. I think they said it was posted on instagram by pinball magic? It was so good, would love to see it again Babee!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Davis, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/33?hl=stuckey_t and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.