20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 102.
#1451 5 years ago

Having a problem where the ball will exit the wire form to the right opening and landing on the sling plastic . I've tired to reposition where the wireform mounts but it hasn't helped. Anyone?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1452 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Having a problem where the ball will exit the wire form to the right opening and landing on the sling plastic . I've tired to reposition where the wireform mounts but it hasn't helped. Anyone?
[quoted image]

Only thing I could think of: maybe the ball is hitting the metal flap on the left side and bouncing out the right? I would pull the glass and hold a ball there to see.

#1453 5 years ago

I’m frustrated. I can’t for the life of me figure out why Rudy’s jaw will not move. I have tested the motor, checked the gears, checked for shorts in the wires, fuse f116, j126, and checked the high power driver board. The driver board does have a transistor that tests like it’s shorted at Q5, but when I replaced it with a different tip107 it reads the same. I’m thinking this is where the problem lies but am very limited in my knowledge to know better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I’m frustrated. I can’t for the life of me figure out why Rudy’s jaw will not move. I have tested the motor, checked the gears, checked for shorts in the wires, fuse f116, j126, and checked the high power driver board. The driver board does have a transistor that tests like it’s shorted at Q5, but when I replaced it with a different tip107 it reads the same. I’m thinking this is where the problem lies but am very limited in my knowledge to know better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had an issue with Rudy’s jaw and it turned out it was the motor itself. Motor would work fine in test mode but under stress of game play it worked intermittently. Is this similar to your issue? Or does it not work at all? I messed around with driver board, gear crank, everything, but once I replaced motor I was good.

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Only thing I could think of: maybe the ball is hitting the metal flap on the left side and bouncing out the right? I would pull the glass and hold a ball there to see.

Good advice here. I would add- use the slow motion video feature on your phone and watch why the ball is bouncing out. I had issues with the right plunger lane after my pf swap and I only was able to trouble shoot by watching the ball plunge in slo mo.

#1456 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

[quoted image]

I would trim the plastic protector it looks like you have on there.

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

[quoted image]

On mine, I have the blue rubber flush with the right hand side and the ball trajectory from the wireform hits dead-nuts in the middle. Yours looks like it is is flush against the left. Maybe try repositioning?

#1458 5 years ago

I used the slow motion video as Elicash suggested and turns out you were correct! I slightly tweeked it and all is good. Rudy and I thank everyone who
Contributed !

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I had an issue with Rudy’s jaw and it turned out it was the motor itself. Motor would work fine in test mode but under stress of game play it worked intermittently. Is this similar to your issue? Or does it not work at all? I messed around with driver board, gear crank, everything, but once I replaced motor I was good.

Fixed it. Had to replace the high current driver board. I thought I checked everything on it but couldn’t find anything wrong. Someone had worked on the board previously so who knows what could have been done to it. I also ordered the motor too, not knowing for sure if it was behaving like elicash’s. The motor wires were soldered incorrectly too, since everything was backwards so it seems like the mouth was a problem for a while.

I will be doing a complete restoration in a few weeks so right now I’m calling it “Fugly Funhouse” until I can get the time and funds to get started. If anyone has any input or restoration tips specific to this pin I would greatly appreciate it.

#1460 5 years ago

Does Funhouse utilize the real time clock in the game? I have a battery holder that is giving me troubles and am thinking of putting a NVRam in it. I know some games like TZ and DH use the clock in game but I have never noticed anything with FH. There isn’t any secret midnight madness or anything like that?

#1461 5 years ago

No, it doesn't use the RTC.

#1462 5 years ago

I didn't think Rudy could get any more creepy until a few minutes ago.

20190313_192724 (resized).jpg20190313_192724 (resized).jpg
#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

That scoop does break eventually - man made bound to fail. Mine did let go. It's not an overly expensive part and if it's dented up like you say it is just buy a new one. It'll last you the length of your ownership and then some. For loose screw holes, a quick fix is to just break off a toothpick flush with the hole and thread the screw back in. Just snug it up and not manhandle it. A less quicker fix is to glue the toothpick and when dry break it off flush and then screw it back in

Sometimes golf tees work better for larger holes too

#1464 5 years ago

Some before and after pics of the backbox restore over the weekend. Still needs a new translight but otherwise it’s good to go.

04DC2AB3-1A43-4A35-8CA1-8CCFAAAC96FB (resized).jpeg04DC2AB3-1A43-4A35-8CA1-8CCFAAAC96FB (resized).jpeg063E7286-83BC-4D4D-933E-75E73008FC72 (resized).jpeg063E7286-83BC-4D4D-933E-75E73008FC72 (resized).jpeg8F2FE265-B25E-4CA0-96AE-3FEE975E51C3 (resized).jpeg8F2FE265-B25E-4CA0-96AE-3FEE975E51C3 (resized).jpeg9217228C-D4D0-4723-B315-E5318D5D94B4 (resized).jpeg9217228C-D4D0-4723-B315-E5318D5D94B4 (resized).jpeg0C933C37-2DD7-4F33-A80E-EE759A8172AF (resized).jpeg0C933C37-2DD7-4F33-A80E-EE759A8172AF (resized).jpeg48234DFE-9E0E-485A-B3F7-503890370E1D (resized).jpeg48234DFE-9E0E-485A-B3F7-503890370E1D (resized).jpeg
#1465 5 years ago

Hello all you crazy Funhouse owners! I recently designed, printed and hand-painted some switch covers for Diner that are very popular. A friend suggested they would look great on the Funhouse step ramp. Well they do and they fit just great. I am selling a set of 3 for $30 + shipping. I will deliver to TPF for free. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

FH-Hotdog2 (resized).jpgFH-Hotdog2 (resized).jpgFH-three (resized).jpgFH-three (resized).jpg
#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Hello all you crazy Funhouse owners! I recently designed, printed and hand-painted some switch covers for Diner that are very popular. A friend suggested they would look great on the Funhouse step ramp. Well they do and they fit just great. I am selling a set of 3 for $30 + shipping. I will deliver to TPF for free. Shoot me a message if you're interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's actually pretty funny!
Can you make them the the factory orange color?

#1467 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

That's actually pretty funny!
Can you make them the the factory orange color?

Maybe, I'd have to color match the ones from Diner. I went with red on those. The Funhouse blue was an easy match.

DinerHotdog (resized).JPGDinerHotdog (resized).JPG
#1468 5 years ago

For those who were looking for a replacement eyeball crank, I've started this project:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printable-eyeball-crank-project-for-funhouse-and-road-show#post-4894589

2019-03-15 21.17.20-cropped (resized).jpg2019-03-15 21.17.20-cropped (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Some before and after pics of the backbox restore over the weekend. Still needs a new translight but otherwise it’s good to go. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice , can you supply all the gory details? I need to restore mine and would appreciate a description of how to proceed

#1470 5 years ago

Nearing completion of my cab resto. Redecal, made all the labels, new translite, new speaker panel, clean and polish all metal parts etc

IMG20190330204516 (resized).jpgIMG20190330204516 (resized).jpgIMG20190330204439 (resized).jpgIMG20190330204439 (resized).jpgIMG20190329104016 (resized).jpgIMG20190329104016 (resized).jpgIMG20190330204428 (resized).jpgIMG20190330204428 (resized).jpgIMG20190330231905 (resized).jpgIMG20190330231905 (resized).jpg

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Nearing completion of my cab resto. Redecal, made all the labels, new translite, new speaker panel, clean and polish all metal parts etc
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, she's a beautiful pin when all dolled up is Funhouse.

#1472 5 years ago

It's alive and back on the line up

IMG20190331185459 (resized).jpgIMG20190331185459 (resized).jpgIMG20190331185734 (resized).jpgIMG20190331185734 (resized).jpg
#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It's alive and back on the line up[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking real good mate! Fits back in perfectly with your awesome lineup too.

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Looking real good mate! Fits back in perfectly with your awesome lineup too.

Thanks very much

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Nice , can you supply all the gory details? I need to restore mine and would appreciate a description of how to proceed

Just read through some of the funhouse restoration threads. It's not that bad.

basically, document/take pics of all the wiring

unplug everything from the boards, remove the backbox

remove the boards, remove the metal piece behind the boards

remove the decals (some sand off, other heat-and-peel (or scrape)) heat and peel worked great for me.

sand sand sand, bondo, more sanding, more bondo, more sanding.

primer it, paint it, decal it.

put everything back together )

#1476 5 years ago

Just read through some of the funhouse restoration threads. It's not that bad.
basically, document/take pics of all the wiring
unplug everything from the boards, remove the backbox
remove the boards, remove the metal piece behind the boards
remove the decals (some sand off, other heat-and-peel (or scrape)) heat and peel worked great for me.
sand sand sand, bondo, more sanding, more bondo, more sanding.
primer it, paint it, decal it.
put everything back together )

That sums it up

#1477 5 years ago

Hey there, I am also nearing the end of my funhouse restoration.
Anyone knows where I could find Rudy's face?
Mine has a crack and as everything else will look new, I'd love to find a pristine one.

#1478 5 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Mine has a crack and as everything else will look new, I'd love to find a pristine one.

Can try planetary pinball or Mr pinball in Australia

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Can try planetary pinball or Mr pinball in Australia

Thanks.
Went to check their online stores but no luck unfortunately.

#1480 5 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Thanks.

Lots of parts not listed on Mr pinball website. Best off emailing directly and asking. Always been good when I have.

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Thanks.

Let me know if you find one, I’ve been looking too.

#1482 5 years ago

i am still in need of a set of Rudy's eyeballs and the white plastic linkage to move them right and left.........I know they are hard to find........but some Funhouse owner must have some stashed away

#1483 5 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Lots of parts not listed on Mr pinball website. Best off emailing directly and asking. Always been good when I have.

Ok, mailed. We'll see

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

i am still in need of a set of Rudy's eyeballs and the white plastic linkage to move them right and left.........I know they are hard to find........but some Funhouse owner must have some stashed away

I'm working on a 3D printed replacement for the eyeball crank. If you don't mind helping out with some beta testing/product development, I'd be happy to send you one in exchange for some feedback. Of course, I'll also send you updated versions as they become available. Alternately, if you've got access to a 3d printer, I can point you to the files.

If you're interested, let me know via PM and we can discuss details.

#1485 5 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Everyone every where is sold out on his front face and I believe jaw and eye balls as well. The last face I saw on eBay went for $250 (yeah no thanks). To fix the crack use an automotive grade plastic repair kit. Then sand it down and then take it to someone who does air brushing to redo the entire head. Then shoot it with a dusting of a dull/satin clear coat. My .02

#1486 5 years ago

Thanks I do the airbrushing myself, will check for the automotive plastic repair kit!
Thanks for the idea

Wondering ehy no one re-cast it if when ramps are home made...

2 weeks later
#1487 4 years ago

I have been in the process of restoring my funhouse and have the new CPR plastic set. There are a few plastics that were not found on the pin and do not know where they belong. Where do these belong?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1488 4 years ago

Doing the same and impatiently waiting on my Mirco Playfield as well.

The small 4 ones were promo stuff that you can chose to put here and there.

The large one, no idea.

1 week later
#1489 4 years ago

Funhouse fans - looking ideas on how to improve the action out of the scoop on my restored Funhouse if it's possible. I'm having a hard time getting a clean bounce pass as (I think) PL intended. Recently played one on location that behaved the same way. It will bounce from the right flipper to the left, but it's not possible to cradle as the ball doesn't make it quite far enough. Here are the things I can think of and suggestions would be appreciated:

* Cliffy installed could be slowing ejection down or changing the angle slightly?
* The plunger from the coil is original and could be slightly worn and affecting the speed/velocity?
* Flipper angle a touch too high?
* Rubber used? (standard rubber set, anything with better bounce action?)

FH (resized).JPGFH (resized).JPG

#1490 4 years ago

tough one. Mine works as you noted (coming out of the scoop it will dead bounce off the right over to the left and I can cradle it). However, a friend also has one (with the same Mirco repro PF) and I cannot do the same dead-bounce-right-to-left-cradle. It's gonna either be one of two things: 1. velocity, 2. angle. You'd have to really look at the other one to see how yours is different.

If you think its velocity, when you did the restore, did you change that coils sleeve? clean it? new spring?

if you think its angle, i assume just loosening the scoop and giving it a slight tweak might do the trick (even the smallest twist could make a diff)

#1491 4 years ago

This past weekend I decided to use some extra LED's (and sockets) from my restore and light up the scoops and trap door. I think it came out pretty nice. Just adds a little polish.

Blue LED for the scoop
Red LED for the trap door
Orange/Amber for the mirror scoop/shot

20190502_211649 (resized).jpg20190502_211649 (resized).jpg20190503_215149 (resized).jpg20190503_215149 (resized).jpg
#1492 4 years ago

This past weekend I decided to use some extra LED's (and sockets) from my restore and light up the scoops and trap door. I think it came out pretty nice. Just adds a little polish.
Blue LED for the scoop
Red LED for the trap door
Orange/Amber for the mirror scoop/shot
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like them and may copy you. I admit I copied you on your pop bumper lighting. But I had a significant problem with the lights shorting out on the metal rings.

I found a post somewhere where the person used hot glue on the bottom of the caps. I did this and it worked perfect. Initially I was worried you would be able to see glue. But once the cap was back in the game it is totally invisible.

Just a little experience that may help someone else.

#1493 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I like them and may copy you. I admit I copied you on your pop bumper lighting. But I had a significant problem with the lights shorting out on the metal rings.
I found a post somewhere where the person used hot glue on the bottom of the caps. I did this and it worked perfect. Initially I was worried you would be able to see glue. But once the cap was back in the game it is totally invisible.
Just a little experience that may help someone else.

no worries, copy away.

when i did the rings I started with hot glue but apparently not enough. one came loose (but did not short thankfully) and I had to re-do it. I'm glad I did though, love the LED rings for the pops.

#1494 4 years ago

I went with these for the pop caps. They snap in and they light really well.

20190502_173531 (resized).jpg20190502_173531 (resized).jpg
#1495 4 years ago

tough one. Mine works as you noted (coming out of the scoop it will dead bounce off the right over to the left and I can cradle it). However, a friend also has one (with the same Mirco repro PF) and I cannot do the same dead-bounce-right-to-left-cradle. It's gonna either be one of two things: 1. velocity, 2. angle. You'd have to really look at the other one to see how yours is different.
If you think its velocity, when you did the restore, did you change that coils sleeve? clean it? new spring?
if you think its angle, i assume just loosening the scoop and giving it a slight tweak might do the trick (even the smallest twist could make a diff)

Thank you very much for the response. The restore was complete including new sleeves, but I don’t believe this coil has a new spring. I will check that. My initial feeling is angle, but I’ll investigate and report back.

#1496 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find the pop bumper funhouse decals? I have new covers, just need the decals to go on top.

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Does anyone know where I can find the pop bumper funhouse decals? I have new covers, just need the decals to go on top.

Bay Area Amusement has them.

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I got mine from PDI, but looks like they are out of stock. If BAA doesnt have any, you could buy these (the caps with the decals included):

ebay.com link: Williams Funhouse Pinball Machine Bumper Cap Set With Decals Free Shipping New

GL

1 week later
#1499 4 years ago

does anybody that has done a funhouse restore know how many clear plastic posts it takes to replace them all?

#1500 4 years ago

I believe it is 16 double star posts, 2 single star posts and 13 spacer spools

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

There are 5,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/30?hl=durzel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.