20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 102.
#101 8 years ago

No it holds the balls until next game and kicks them out of the hallway accordingly. If the game sits idle for awhile or you shut it off and turn it back on it will kick the balls out.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

No it holds the balls until next game and kicks them out of the hallway accordingly. If the game sits idle for awhile or you shut it off and turn it back on it will kick the balls out.

Thanks--thought they'd drop out at start/end.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Thanks--thought they'd drop out at start/end.

nope, they stay there. in fact, if you have two locked there and start a new game, it will kick balls out from there instead of loading the plunger if you get Quick Multiball or lock a ball. it's even nice enough to flash the flashers over by the lock and there's a sort of warning chime to let the player know a ball's about to come out of there instead of being loaded into the shooter lane.

#104 8 years ago

coming right along...............sorry for the sh*tty pics...

rudy eyes open.jpgrudy eyes open.jpg rudy eyes shut.JPGrudy eyes shut.JPG
#105 8 years ago

Congratulations you have managed to make Rudy even creepier.

#107 8 years ago

I want that done to mine. Awesome.

#108 8 years ago

I've been cleaning up my Funhouse since I got it a month ago. It was too dark, black rubbers, etc. so I decided to brighten it up some. Here's a few before pics.
IMG_20150509_204023478.jpgIMG_20150509_204023478.jpg
IMG_20150509_204033738.jpgIMG_20150509_204033738.jpgIMG_20150509_204059037.jpgIMG_20150509_204059037.jpg

I removed all the black rubbers and replaced with new white rubbers. I noticed the posts were dingy and cracked so I replaced most of them. You can see the light better now without yellowed posts and black everywhere. I ordered a new plastics kit since the plastics are rough and yellowed as well. I added some white lighting in a few dark places. I added the LED pop bumpers too. Man, they're nice. Just got the new bumper caps so they'll be going on soon. It had blue LED flipper buttons, so I added a blue start button to match. I also added the STEP target shields.
IMG_20150516_222817549.jpgIMG_20150516_222817549.jpgIMG_20150517_154551142.jpgIMG_20150517_154551142.jpgIMG_20150516_225234350.jpgIMG_20150516_225234350.jpg

#109 8 years ago

Anyone run into a problem where the trap door gets confused with it's position during a game? Doesn't happen all the time but it seems to reverse the up down on me every once in awhile and stays up when it shouldn't. Tests fine via the menu.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

I've been cleaning up my Funhouse since I got it a month ago. It was too dark, black rubbers, etc. so I decided to brighten it up some. Here's a few before pics.
IMG_20150509_204023478.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_20150509_204033738.jpg (Click image to enlarge)IMG_20150509_204059037.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
I removed all the black rubbers and replaced with new white rubbers. I noticed the posts were dingy and cracked so I replaced most of them. You can see the light better now without yellowed posts and black everywhere. I ordered a new plastics kit since the plastics are rough and yellowed as well. I added some white lighting in a few dark places. I added the LED pop bumpers too. Man, they're nice. Just got the new bumper caps so they'll be going on soon. It had blue LED flipper buttons, so I added a blue start button to match. I also added the STEP target shields.
IMG_20150516_222817549.jpg (Click image to enlarge)IMG_20150517_154551142.jpg (Click image to enlarge)IMG_20150516_225234350.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks nice, good to see the double rubbering on the slings. What was the purpose of that?

#111 8 years ago

My Funhouse has double rubbers as well. Might be standard...

#112 8 years ago

Pretty sure single is standard. I think I read somewhere that some operators put doubles on the slings to prevent a ball from getting by and stuck under there?

#113 8 years ago

double post for the double rubber debate

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pretty sure single is standard. I think I read somewhere that some operators put doubles on the slings to prevent a ball from getting by and stuck under there?

Thanks for the heads-up on that. Now I know to just put single rubbers on when I get to doing my playfield.

#115 8 years ago

Not sure what the double rubber on the slings was for. I figured it was only a single anyway due to the type of post there. Saw the Funhouse they used at the Allentown tourney and it only had one rubber, so I went with one. I can see the lights now too with one rubber.

Quoted from embryon:

Looks nice, good to see the double rubbering on the slings. What was the purpose of that?

Thanks. Got a few more things I want to do though, then I'll be happier with it.

#116 8 years ago

I thought that the double rubber might make the slings less forceful when flinging the ball. Personally I think single rubber is the way to go

#117 8 years ago

Would like to see some fh led pics. Shopping one for a friend. Prob just do some whites and tasteful blues as accent in GI

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Would like to see some fh led pics. Shopping one for a friend. Prob just do some whites and tasteful blues as accent in GI

Hope these help.

IMG_20150523_092117707.jpgIMG_20150523_092117707.jpg

IMG_20150523_092158631.jpgIMG_20150523_092158631.jpg

#119 8 years ago

I will have to grab one of these one day to add to my single game collection. Man if only my basement was bigger or I wasn't married. Marriage sucks!! Haha

#120 8 years ago

I have had FH in my lineup for nearly 8 years. My wife hates Rudy, but she's learned to live with him. This game holds it's own against dmd titles any day. Really. It's a WPC game that just happens to have an alphanumeric display. Unless you just absolutely have to look at animated cartoons on the display to enjoy a game, you won't miss the dmd one bit. A true classic and a keeper in my book.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Hope these help.
IMG_20150523_092117707.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_20150523_092158631.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

dontfeed..thanks...would need dark room to see colors. but looks great.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

dontfeed..thanks...would need dark room to see colors. but looks great.

Thanks. I took pics with the room dark, but my camera kept refocusing so they look bad.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have had FH in my lineup for nearly 8 years. My wife hates Rudy, but she's learned to live with him. This game holds it's own against dmd titles any day. Really. It's a WPC game that just happens to have an alphanumeric display. Unless you just absolutely have to look at animated cartoons on the display to enjoy a game, you won't miss the dmd one bit. A true classic and a keeper in my book.

Your wife doesn't like Rudy???...how can that be? My wife loves Rudy!...get yourself a hot dawg!

#124 8 years ago

can someone verify the correct post for the front of each sling for FH? #8 on each end....looks like pinball life has them but only 2 inch length. It screws into pf and goes through a starpost...Seeing if these will work.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2118

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

can someone verify the correct post for the front of each sling for FH? #8 on each end....looks like pinball life has them but only 2 inch length. It screws into pf and goes through a starpost...Seeing if these will work.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2118

Hey, buddy...I meant to get to this today but I literally spent the whole day finishing up my cabinet restoration. I'll try to look at the post in the next couple days and I'll put a pic here if nobody beats me to it. Sorry for the delay!

#126 8 years ago

Never mind. It would have bothered me until I got to it. Here's a pic. It's 2 inches long and holds that star post in the front (just behind it in the picture). The first one broke clean off when I tried to remove it. So order me an extra one!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#127 8 years ago

I have had several break off over the years. And both times a funhouse

I think pinball life has that one 8mm on one end 6 on other

#128 8 years ago

Desperately need the ramp entrance bracket+sign+switch+lamp that reads "open trapdoor when flashing", like pictured below. Been looking for awhile with no luck. 27_G.jpg27_G.jpg

#129 8 years ago

Just spent the evening fixing Rudy. Had the dreaded "eyes won't shut" problem. The horizontal plastic piece broke preventing his eyes from closing. It's just weird having his eyes open all the time.

Couldn't find an assembly anywhere, but did find the parts separately thanks to Bay Area and Marco's. They went together without a problem.

I checked everything inside his noggin' to make sure I didn't need to replace anything else, did some cleaning (he has a filthy mind) and slapped him back together. Wouldn't you know it, I fixed him. He looks much better with his eyes shut when sleeping as opposed to snoring and staring at you.

1 week later
#130 8 years ago

Putting in my new plastics set and it's turned into a freakin' mess. Or should I say a cleaning spree? This machine is goddamn flithy! Pulling the ramps and WOW, I couldn't believe the dirt and grime everywhere. It's been a challenge since I've never torn one of these apart before, except for my Space Mission, but that was easy compared to this.
IMG_20150602_195238113.jpgIMG_20150602_195238113.jpg
No, that's not just dust.

#131 8 years ago

OK.This may be a stupid question, but here goes: When rudy spits the ball out to start multiball on my game, it does not go to the upper flipper. It ejects to a point about 4 inches lower on the left side of the playfield. Is it supposed to? It just occurred to me that I may be getting ripped off during multiball all these years

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OK.This may be a stupid question, but here goes: When rudy spits the ball out to start multiball on my game, it does not go to the upper flipper. It ejects to a point about 4 inches lower on the left side of the playfield. Is it supposed to? It just occurred to me that I may be getting ripped off during multiball all these years

Mine gets to the flipper once in a great while. Its the second ball that I watch for.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

OK.This may be a stupid question, but here goes: When rudy spits the ball out to start multiball on my game, it does not go to the upper flipper. It ejects to a point about 4 inches lower on the left side of the playfield. Is it supposed to? It just occurred to me that I may be getting ripped off during multiball all these year

Mine goes to flipper. On pinball arcade it never goes to flipper...so who knows what's correct?

#134 8 years ago

hmmmm. I wonder if it could be the strength of the eject coil. ai tried tweaking that curved ball guide it rolls along, but there isnt much play there. Well, at least I know it isn't just me.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's supposed to go below the flipper.

2 weeks later
#136 8 years ago

I too would love to join this club. I'm new here but have been playing video games and pinballs all my life. For some reason Funhouse was and still is the only pinball machine that I never get tired of. I came across it when I was about 17 and I was hooked. I could sit there off one game and play for 15 to 30 minutes easy.

Anyway, I hope someday to join the owners club, soon vs. later I hope. Some of you probably saw my recent price check thread (thank you again to all of those that helped) and I was close to getting that 1st fully working machine but the guy selling apparently spoke to the tech who sold it to him and felt the demand was really high and would not budge off that price even after saying he would work with me as he would rather someone who loved the machine as he did, get his machine and he even raised his ad price. Oh well I guess that Rudy wasn't destined to be mine, therefore I've started my search mode (CL, Mr. Pinball & Pinside MP) and hope to find a reasonable one someday.

Take care Buckos!

1 week later
#137 8 years ago

Hi anyone looking for a new nos funhouse "P" (left side) ramp, if anyone is interested I have one for $65.00.
m2xkrQypbC2bHSw8h15Guhg.jpgm2xkrQypbC2bHSw8h15Guhg.jpg

#138 8 years ago

Does anyone have any issues with the left shooter alignment? I've been trying to help a friend with his and I cant seem to keep it centered on the ramp. It often pulls to the right or shoots the ball upwards. I though it might be because the grounding braid runs under one side so I put a washer on the other side. It seemed to work for a few shots but now it wont shoot cleanly up the left ramp.

#139 8 years ago

Installing x pin display tonight for a friend. Dont want to screw it up with wrong connections. Are their instructions I can use to make sure it goes smooth. Dont want to use wrong voltage and blow up new display

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from Chemixtry:

Does anyone have any issues with the left shooter alignment? I've been trying to help a friend with his and I cant seem to keep it centered on the ramp. It often pulls to the right or shoots the ball upwards. I though it might be because the grounding braid runs under one side so I put a washer on the other side. It seemed to work for a few shots but now it wont shoot cleanly up the left ramp.

Yes - This has been a problem on my FH. Although I carefully align it and secure it in place it does reoccur (pulling to the right). I would be curious if someone has a permanent fix or points out something obvious.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from Chemixtry:

I have this issue also sometimes.

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Chemixtry:

I just spent the evening trying to adjust the left shooter on mine as well. The left shooter is too far right, and too high, so the ball doesn't fire up the ramp properly. The playfield is adjusted as far right as it can go, and the right plunger is perfect. Tried adding washers and such, but still not good enough, so the conclusion I've come to is that I'm going to have to pull out the dremel with a Rotozip bit and adjust the plunger hole about an 1/8" to the left.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

I just spent the evening trying to adjust the left shooter on mine as well. The left shooter is too far right, and too high, so the ball doesn't fire up the ramp properly. The playfield is adjusted as far right as it can go, and the right plunger is perfect. Tried adding washers and such, but still not good enough, so the conclusion I've come to is that I'm going to have to pull out the dremel with a Rotozip bit and adjust the plunger hole about an 1/8" to the left.

Please let us know if this works as I believe a lot of us have a similar problem

#144 8 years ago

Joining the club, here is my restore from 3 years ago: http://imgur.com/a/7kGsx

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from trihedron:

Joining the club, here is my restore from 3 years ago: http://imgur.com/a/7kGsx

Omg what a difference, great job there

#146 8 years ago

Very nice! How much do you have in the whole night now? I always struggle with putting more into my machines than they are worth if I resell them.

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

Same problem, and I'm coming to the same conclusion ...

#148 8 years ago

The one I just finished actually had a screw wedged under the left side of the shooter mount. should've taken a pic. I didn't know that this many were like that.

#149 8 years ago

I did a nice job on mine with mirco pf if anyone is looking to buy a FH. PM for pics

#150 8 years ago

So I went ahead with the left plunger realignment procedure. Apologies in advance for the photos; my basement has very low lighting so photos usually end up too bright or too dark, and typically out of focus due to that fact.

Here's the right side, with the playfield all the way to the right. Perfect alignment left/right, up and down:
funhouse 005.JPGfunhouse 005.JPG
The right side however is too high as it almost hits the apron, but moving it lower would just move it more right than it already is:
funhouse 006.JPGfunhouse 006.JPG
The idea is to shift the left plunger hole over about 1/8". So first I taped a piece of paper over the existing whole and cut it out with an x-acto knife to make a template:
funhouse 011.JPGfunhouse 011.JPG
Then I moved it over 1/8" of an inch. I also moved it just slightly down so I wouldn't have to recut the top, but you can adjust as needed.
funhouse 013.JPGfunhouse 013.JPG
Also adjusted the interior grounding strap nearby a bit so I wouldn't be cutting into it:
funhouse 015.JPGfunhouse 015.JPG
Here's my old Dremel with a Roto-bit attachment and guide:
funhouse 016.JPGfunhouse 016.JPG
After marking the outline with my x-acto knife, I put some tape on the front so the guide wouldn't scratch the artwork.
Before:
funhouse 018.JPGfunhouse 018.JPG
Best to go slow and just take off thin layers. You don't want the bit to dig in and get out of control.
After:
funhouse 019.JPGfunhouse 019.JPG
BTW, there's going to be sawdust, so protect your game/interior accordingly. Or just have a good shop-vac nearby.
After some vacuuming, I reassembled it and was able to adjust it to the desired position left/right, up/down:
funhouse 022.JPGfunhouse 022.JPG
funhouse 023.JPGfunhouse 023.JPG

I took a few test shots. Initially, only 7 of 10 went around the top loop. Turns out the problem was the lane switch was peaking in front of the ball's path, causing a hiccup. After adjusting the switch to peak directly under the ball, I was able to get 10 of 10 shots around the top loop.

Another thing is if your ball gets stuck on the top of the loop, adjust the hallway sign; it is connected to the blue bumper up top, and if you adjust the sign to the right the blue bumper will redirect the ball to the left down the ramp.

After making those two additional adjustments, now unseasoned players will be able to loop the steps ramp easily

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,094 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.