IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 101.
#1401 5 years ago

To update L3 to L9, only CpU rom needed or more?

33DF1FEC-2C15-48AF-975B-83ABB0B05229 (resized).jpeg33DF1FEC-2C15-48AF-975B-83ABB0B05229 (resized).jpegD07CA85C-EB45-4B87-AF4F-BDB1509C157A (resized).jpegD07CA85C-EB45-4B87-AF4F-BDB1509C157A (resized).jpeg
#1402 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, thanks to the video I discovered eyes should close. Investigated and found a broken part. Should be a not to difficult fix.Already sourced the part.
[quoted image]

Very common and super easy. I did it in 20 min.

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

only CpU rom needed or more?

While you are there, get your CPU batteries into a remote battery holder. The damage leaking batteries can do is amazing

#1404 5 years ago

Oops somethings up with my fh
Embarking on a cabinet resto

IMG20190211154526 (resized).jpgIMG20190211154526 (resized).jpg
#1405 5 years ago

Got Rudy fully functional. Eyes close now

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FcT8LfnyUtMa89Bh7

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

While you are there, get your CPU batteries into a remote battery holder. The damage leaking batteries can do is amazing

I know, thnx for the advise. Have seen what it can cause . Usually I replace them with the AA lithium version from energizer. Have them on backorder so should be in there this weekend.

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Got Rudy fully functional. Eyes close now
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FcT8LfnyUtMa89Bh7

Nice! Each part of Rudy is pretty simple, but together it's complex and really clever.

#1408 5 years ago

I am still looking for a set of Ted's or Rudy's eyeballs and the white crank piece to move them right and left..........anyone?

#1409 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I am still looking for a set of Ted's or Rudy's eyeballs and the white crank piece to move them right and left..........anyone?

Seems like something someone would be making 3D printed versions of by now.

What's worked best for me is to post a wanted ad on the market of the parts you are looking for. Have been pretty successful doing that.

#1410 5 years ago

Question, my “open trap door when flashing” light works in test mode, but this light never activates during gameplay. Game functions perfectly other than this. What is supposed to light this switch light?

#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

Question, my “open trap door when flashing” light works in test mode, but this light never activates during gameplay. Game functions perfectly other than this. What is supposed to light this switch light?

In multiball, after scoring the first trap door shot it will close. You have to hit the ramp, with the flashing sign, to reopen the trap door.

#1412 5 years ago

Just picked up a very nice Funhouse. Great game, thoroughly enjoying having it home.

6870ED15-F5DD-42DE-8459-76C0D3CFBCB1 (resized).jpeg6870ED15-F5DD-42DE-8459-76C0D3CFBCB1 (resized).jpeg4268207B-E75F-4C1D-A209-A4CF5788D78A (resized).jpeg4268207B-E75F-4C1D-A209-A4CF5788D78A (resized).jpeg526E8A44-55D9-48ED-AB84-4DFDA264A457 (resized).jpeg526E8A44-55D9-48ED-AB84-4DFDA264A457 (resized).jpeg
#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Just picked up a very nice Funhouse. Great game, thoroughly enjoying having it home.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a damn neat Funhouse! Great find, not many clean ones in Oz. FH was my first pin and first resto, it’ll never leave, gameplay never gets old, either do the laughs.

#1414 5 years ago

Wow and that Fathom looks amazing. Awesome collection!!

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

That’s a damn neat Funhouse! Great find, not many clean ones in Oz. FH was my first pin and first resto, it’ll never leave, gameplay never gets old, either do the laughs.

Yep agreed, great game. I’d been looking for about 12 months and couldn’t believe my luck when this one popped up.

Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Wow and that Fathom looks amazing. Awesome collection!!

Thanks, I love the Bally’s of this era. This ones been fully restored. HRP in Geelong did the cabinet for me.

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

Just picked up a very nice Funhouse. Great game, thoroughly enjoying having it home.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice pickup there mate. I'm in the process of a cab resto on mine. The only game in my line up that was in need of work. How she turns out as good as yours

#1417 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

someone must have these extra..........

#1418 5 years ago

Hi guys, I'm well into restoring my fh cabinet and headbox. I'm trying to even replace damaged labels by making my own. Unfortunately there's one label on top of the head box that has faded and been over sprayed with blue. Impossible to read except for bits. All I can make out is

CAUTION
FOR THE
BEFORE
TIGHTENING BACK BOX

I wondering if anyone can photograph or tell me what the label said? I know it was white with red typeface

Thanks in advance

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hi guys, I'm well into restoring my fh cabinet and headbox. I'm trying to even replace damaged labels by making my own. Unfortunately there's one label on top of the head box that has faded and been over sprayed with blue. Impossible to read except for bits. All I can make out is
CAUTION
FOR THE
BEFORE
TIGHTENING BACK BOX
I wondering if anyone can photograph or tell me what the label said? I know it was white with red typeface
Thanks in advance

This?

Williams_STD-880_Pinched_Wires_label (resized).jpgWilliams_STD-880_Pinched_Wires_label (resized).jpg
#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This?[quoted image]

Excellent thank you

#1421 5 years ago

That cabinet looks great!

Quoted from BoP:

#1422 5 years ago

I just finished restoring my project FH. The mystery mirror scoop really takes a beating, both coming in and hitting the bottom: there's quite a sunken indent at the bottom. There was also duct tape at the top which I assume was to lessen the blows. I cleaned it up and tightened with new screws, but the scoop worked loose after some play. I redid the screw holes and now it's nice and firm. But I'm wondering if it will last the way it gets blasted: the machine is playing pretty fast and strong with flippers and mechs rebuilt.

Do people do anything to dampen the blows to this scoop? I was surprised there's only two screws holding it and am skeptical it will hold over extended time.

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I just finished restoring my project FH. The mystery mirror scoop really takes a beating, both coming in and hitting the bottom: there's quite a sunken indent at the bottom. There was also duct tape at the top which I assume was to lessen the blows. I cleaned it up and tightened with new screws, but the scoop worked loose after some play. I redid the screw holes and now it's nice and firm. But I'm wondering if it will last the way it gets blasted: the machine is playing pretty fast and strong with flippers and mechs rebuilt.
Do people do anything to dampen the blows to this scoop? I was surprised there's only two screws holding it and am skeptical it will hold over extended time.

You will be fine. Play in a home use vs on location is totally different.

#1424 5 years ago

Yea i've had mine for ~15 years and never been an issue.

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

That scoop does break eventually - man made bound to fail. Mine did let go. It's not an overly expensive part and if it's dented up like you say it is just buy a new one. It'll last you the length of your ownership and then some. For loose screw holes, a quick fix is to just break off a toothpick flush with the hole and thread the screw back in. Just snug it up and not manhandle it. A less quicker fix is to glue the toothpick and when dry break it off flush and then screw it back in

#1426 5 years ago

Finally getting around to shop my fh
There are going to be some paint touch ups needed. For the red , blue, orange, yellow colors, does anyone have a rec brand they used for game? I know vid rec creatix (sp?) but wasn’t sure if someone has found a close match with a specific brand for this one

#1427 5 years ago

I redid the holes with 2-part wood-filler epoxy and then re-drilled them. I still want to deaden the blows it takes though: next time I need to order stuff I'm going to try to find a suitable one of those blue rubbers that are found at the end of ramps.`

For playfield touch-up, fortunately I only needed blue for a little wear at the scoop. At first I had difficulty finding a match as many acrylic blues are too flat. But Delta Creamcoat Select "Riviera" that I got at Hobby Lobby is a close match. Just need to mix in a darker blue to make it a touch darker.

#1428 5 years ago

Question for the group, what is a restoration project Funhouse worth? Machine looks to be all there, supposedly boots and works but has not been played in a while. One ramp looks to have a small chunk out of the lip but it isn’t cracked. Missing a pop bumper cap. Very dirty. Has significant playfield wear, would likely need a new one. Boards look ok. Cabinet is so so, probably would end up stripping it and new decals given that the rest of the machine needs work. I have not seen the machine in person, owner has sent me numerous pictures. Would be a 6 hour drive for me each way to go get it.

Ballpark value?

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Question for the group, what is a restoration project Funhouse worth? Machine looks to be all there, supposedly boots and works but has not been played in a while. One ramp looks to have a small chunk out of the lip but it isn’t cracked. Missing a pop bumper cap. Very dirty. Has significant playfield wear, would likely need a new one. Boards look ok. Cabinet is so so, probably would end up stripping it and new decals given that the rest of the machine needs work. I have not seen the machine in person, owner has sent me numerous pictures. Would be a 6 hour drive for me each way to go get it.
Ballpark value?

3k easy, maybe more.

Post the pics.

#1430 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

3k easy, maybe more.
Post the pics.

Ok that's a little higher than I thought but still verifies the deal I was working on is a good deal. I was close to pulling the trigger on it but I decided it wasn't the best idea for me to take on another project right now so I passed it on to a friend. He is driving to get the machine today so I'm sure he'll be posting here soon! Another Funhouse saved!

#1431 5 years ago

Wow. What a pricing. Sold my decent working average looking FH just for usd 2300. There is also a fh on sale right one looking as new for Like usd 3500.

Pricing in the US is thus much higher for the FH as in NL

#1432 5 years ago

My newly acquired Funhouse ready for a sled ride...

20190303_130138 (resized).jpg20190303_130138 (resized).jpg
#1433 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

My newly acquired Funhouse ready for a sled ride...
[quoted image]

Did you succeed? I didn't hear anything about a runaway pinball strapped to a sled on the Interstate on the evening news.

#1434 5 years ago

Yep! Funhouse is in the ... er.. house...

Been trying to troubleshoot Rudys mouth not working and the trap door won't close, but other than that mostly working.

20190303_170814 (resized).jpg20190303_170814 (resized).jpg1551662683196400330428 (resized).jpg1551662683196400330428 (resized).jpg
#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Ballpark value?

I just spent $2400 on a re-import, total with shipping. Well worn, but plays pretty well. Had to rebuild a few connectors and remove minor hacks, soon I'll replace the playfield, ramps, plastics, etc. I don't think you will find a beat up working Funhouse for under 2.5K, really for under 3K these days. If you do, pounce on it.

#1436 5 years ago

Does anyone have a parts list for things they bought before doing a playfield swap on Funhouse? I have a reproduction playfield, plastics and ramps. But before I start to put together my own list of posts, targets, screws, etc. I thought I'd check if someone else already did. I have to assume a lot of people have done the playfield swap by this point. Thanks!!

#1437 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Does anyone have a parts list for things they bought before doing a playfield swap on Funhouse? I have a reproduction playfield, plastics and ramps. But before I start to put together my own list of posts, targets, screws, etc. I thought I'd check if someone else already did. I have to assume a lot of people have done the playfield swap by this point. Thanks!!

I needed a few posts. I ordered a few of each before I knew what I needed. Get 9 of the screws for the poppers. I could not get any of them out of the playfield to reuse.

#1438 5 years ago

Thanks, yeah I'm planning on replacing most of the screws and top of playfield parts that aren't metal, everything shows a fair amount of wear.

#1439 5 years ago

I am having trouble with the switch for the left Gangway. Its called a roll under switch. Is this the correct mechanism to activate the switch? The wire flap gets stuck up, then doesn't register. Can someone please confirm if this is correct? Thanks

20190304_203645 (resized).jpg20190304_203645 (resized).jpg
#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

If you're still looking, Action Pinball has the crank listed as "temporarily out of stock", which seems to be different than "discontinued", which is how they list the eyeballs, unfortunately.

I managed to find a crank at Pinball Heaven in the UK, but they are also now listing it as "Available for backorder", so I'm hoping mine was the last one, and not a mistake in inventory.

If I do end up with it, I will be measuring and making a 3D printable version, and I will most definitely make the file available somewhere where everyone can get to it.

Meanwhile, if anyone is sitting on a cache of Rudy Eyeballs, I'd be in for a set as well.

#1441 5 years ago

Does anyone know the correct length or part number for the left plunger? This import one I bought is obviously too short and has an extra long rubber tip mounted on it weirly and still barely hits the ball up to the steps.

#1442 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I just spent $2400 on a re-import, total with shipping. Well worn, but plays pretty well. Had to rebuild a few connectors and remove minor hacks, soon I'll replace the playfield, ramps, plastics, etc. I don't think you will find a beat up working Funhouse for under 2.5K, really for under 3K these days. If you do, pounce on it.

Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a spreadsheet I kept that has part #'s too.

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

Is this what you are after...

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/crank-liner/

#1444 5 years ago

i already tried to order the eyes and crank from them .......but they ran out of eyes and the shipping is crazy for one part

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

i already tried to order the eyes and crank from them .......but they ran out of eyes and the shipping is crazy for one part

Hey now you see an Aussie's point of view. US postage crazy for us. Welcome to the club re crazy postage lol

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Hey now you see an Aussie's point of view. US postage crazy for us. Welcome to the club re crazy postage lol

So why don't you guys help each others about small parts? Buy the small stuff, and send it in a small envelope vs crazy default overseas starting price by Marco, PSPA etc.

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

So why don't you guys help each others about small parts? Buy the small stuff, and send it in a small envelope vs crazy default overseas starting price by Marco, PSPA etc.

I don't think Australia has any policy in sending small parcels but I have been told that US suppliers are restricted in postal options. Maybe someone can confirm this here.

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

you can only send paper in a envelope no small parts

parts are a parcel and cost at least $25 postage

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

you can only send paper in a envelope no small parts
parts are a parcel and cost at least $25 postage

Hard to believe, unless it's a local rule. I've got many parts in bubble envelope (Cliffys, plastics), price was about $8.
A shipping price of one starpost from USA starts at $51... No comment.

Screenshot_20190307-213127_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190307-213127_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

I might have a used one if any interest? If so, shoot me a PM

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 29.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/29?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.