IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 101.
#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just my opinion but I don't think LED's look good on this game. Granted the one I saw in person had those bright white ones. Maybe the comet sunlight ones would look better. Everyone is obsessed currently with replacing all bulbs with LEDS but normal home use most people aren't leaving the machine on for days at a time so the long term issues you would see on a routed table with normal incandescents (#47's and #555) really isn't an issue at all. Some machines should simply not have LED's.

I usually agree but the only way the previous owner did mine is quite nice, I think an improvement. It is possible, if you don't go crazy with color GI, etc

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Guys - I am going to order the LED OCD board. Sounds like many have used this and it is highly recommended.
My question - does this game benefit from the GI OCD? Is it worth buying both? I know some later WPC games really incorporate dimming effects in the GI (Like Whitewater). But I am not sure on Funhouse.
Would love a video link if anyone has one handy for FH and how this board really works.

100% yes on the LED OCD board. I bought it but first left it off once I finished my restore, then I popped it in. the difference is night and day. You just install the board in the backbox (it sits between a couple of harnesses and your driver board). You then download some simple software to your laptop/PC, plug the board in and tell it which game it is driving (you can then customize the brightness of each lamp, etc etc if desired. I tweaked a few settings, but not much)

Quoted from Zablon:

Just my opinion but I don't think LED's look good on this game. Granted the one I saw in person had those bright white ones. Maybe the comet sunlight ones would look better. Everyone is obsessed currently with replacing all bulbs with LEDS but normal home use most people aren't leaving the machine on for days at a time so the long term issues you would see on a routed table with normal incandescents (#47's and #555) really isn't an issue at all. Some machines should simply not have LED's.

I respect your opinion, but in my case, I specifically went for the bright natural white (not warm). To me it brings out the bright blue colors of the game and PF. Before my restore, the inserts felt dim and washed out. With the right color, bulb and brightness I was able to really make the inserts "pop". I typically was not too in to LED's in the past (they felt too strobey and the wrong type/choice seemed to look unappealing) but the LED OCD (and experimenting with different bulbs/color-temp/brightness) fixed that for me. To each his/her own though.

#1353 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Guys - I am going to order the LED OCD board. Sounds like many have used this and it is highly recommended.
My question - does this game benefit from the GI OCD? Is it worth buying both? I know some later WPC games really incorporate dimming effects in the GI (Like Whitewater). But I am not sure on Funhouse.
Would love a video link if anyone has one handy for FH and how this board really works.

Funhouse dims the GI progressively during the midnight pre-multiball sequence. Certainly the lack of it is noticeable there.

#1354 5 years ago

I am in the process of restoring my funhouse, and I believe I may be missing a hex spacer. In particular, one of the spacers that attached to the playfield rail on the right side of the playfield that the main ramp attaches to. Could some one measure the spacers and tell me how long they are? I also have not found the hex spacers with the bases available for sale anywhere. Does anyone have a source for them?

#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I am in the process of restoring my funhouse, and I believe I may be missing a hex spacer. In particular, one of the spacers that attached to the playfield rail on the right side of the playfield that the main ramp attaches to. Could some one measure the spacers and tell me how long they are? I also have not found the hex spacers with the bases available for sale anywhere. Does anyone have a source for them?

Could you post a picture (or take one) of the area you are talking about?

#1356 5 years ago

Ok, here is the rail I removed, it still has the base attached to it.

FA26EA67-ADD3-426D-B61B-493A07ECC48E (resized).jpegFA26EA67-ADD3-426D-B61B-493A07ECC48E (resized).jpeg

and here are the hex spacers with bases that I currently have. So it looks like I am missing the one on the right hand side, in the back.

MhrnYYV5TyiOS61bUu4SKA (resized).jpgMhrnYYV5TyiOS61bUu4SKA (resized).jpg
#1357 5 years ago

I think the bases unscrew from the standoffs

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

They do. Might need to let them soak in some PB blaster for a bit.

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

FWIW: Mine was missing one from the right side as well. I went back and looked at my tear down pics, it was the one that goes right by the diverter. Seemed fine without it (plus it had been working fine before) so I didn't think much of it. If you need pics let me know and I will dig some up.

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

Well at least I still have the base. I just need to know what size stand off goes with it.

1 week later
#1361 5 years ago

This pin has 7 hex spacers:

02-4252-12 spacer f-f 6-32x 3/4 1/4 hex 1 pc
02-4436-15 spacer f-f 8-32x 1 7/16 1/4hex 3 pcs
02-4436-5 spacer f-f 8-32x 2.83 1/4hex 1 pc
02-4436-11 spacer f-f 8-32X 2-1/4 1/4hex 1 pc
02-4436-16 spacer f-f 8-32x 3 3/4 1/4hex 1 pc

The longest one is at the back of left side. The 2nd longest is at the back of right side. Around ramp diverter you can find another 5 spacers (1 at below ramp, 4 around right ramp).

I think you need this one, but based on lengths you can double check what you have:
02-4436-5 spacer f-f 8-32x 2.83 1/4hex

1 week later
#1362 5 years ago

Anybody have any ideas on the Trap Door not opening and shutting? Mine sporadically would not shut and slowly stopped shutting altogether. I can hear the solenoid trying to shut it at game startup and also during the game when needed. I don't see anything that makes me believe anything is wrong and took the coil out and cleaned the sleeve and still nothing.

#1363 5 years ago

Most likely the mechanism.. Take it out and make sure it is tight at the bottom.. Look for any bent ends of the "latch" portion.. Google and there's a P picture of what it should look like

#1364 5 years ago

Guys, any of the owners that have done playfield swaps with Mirco pf's run into any problems with aligning the right plunger and the plunge shot to start a ball?

I have the plunger damn near dead nuts centered but i might be a tad bit high of center as it hits the ball.

Maybe 2 out of 10 plunges i am getting the ball rattling around at entrance of ball launch ramp. Right near the flap. I cannot tell what is causing this.

Hope someone else has had this problem and they can enlighten me on solutions. Thanks,

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Guys, any of the owners that have done playfield swaps with Mirco pf's run into any problems with aligning the right plunger and the plunge shot to start a ball?
I have the plunger damn near dead nuts centered but i might be a tad bit high of center as it hits the ball.
Maybe 2 out of 10 plunges i am getting the ball rattling around at entrance of ball launch ramp. Right near the flap. I cannot tell what is causing this.
Hope someone else has had this problem and they can enlighten me on solutions. Thanks,

You're hitting one of the posts on the side of that metal ramp I assume. If the plunger is dead center of the lane, I would look at how it matches up to the ball. On the left side for me, the metal housing that the ball rested against actually had the ball slightly off-center which was contributing to the issue on that side. So I had to bend it slightly to fix it.

So adjust the shooter rod so that your dead center both vertically and horizontally to the ball, and just make sure the ball itself is resting in the right spot. I also played around with a variety of spring tensions until I found the one I liked best.

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I bought some blue and red plungers. Not sure who sold them, either Pinball Life (most Likely) or Marco. It was a tiny bit shorter and was causing problem on the right side. I went back to a standard plunger and it's fine now.

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I bought some blue and red plungers. Not sure who sold them, either Pinball Life (most Likely) or Marco. It was a tiny bit shorter and was causing problem on the right side. I went back to a standard plunger and it's fine now.

Thanks both for the replies. This is really interesting. I too bought the pb life red and blue plungers! I will see if it helps to change back.

2 weeks later
#1368 5 years ago

wanted.........looking for a pair or rudy's eye balls.....i have a few extra funhouse parts to trade including eyelids.........or cash

#1369 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me the purpose of this plastic which is screwed to the playfield behind the trap door ?
Thanks.

Funhouse (resized).JPGFunhouse (resized).JPG
#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from Junior:

Can anyone tell me the purpose of this plastic which is screwed to the playfield behind the trap door ?
Thanks.
[quoted image]

I believe it is there is to level out the area from the trap door so that if the ball rolls back it doesn't get stuck on the door. That looks like it is missing a piece on the right side that has holes for the flap/hinge to connect to.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8502

#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I believe it is there is to level out the area from the trap door so that if the ball rolls back it doesn't get stuck on the door. That looks like it is missing a piece on the right side that has holes for the flap/hinge to connect to.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8502

My repro one was missing that flange too. It was annoying. I ended up just putting some washers under the trap door hinge to level it up.

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

My repro one was missing that flange too. It was annoying. I ended up just putting some washers under the trap door hinge to level it up.

I did the same thing! Nice to have it smooth and level.

#1373 5 years ago

Anyone know where i can gety a copy of : Funhouse pinball playfield swap how-to dvd video.........

#1374 5 years ago

Stella’s in Grand Rapids MI

0D487BAD-6A7C-47B0-BCD1-0589D64DD558 (resized).jpeg0D487BAD-6A7C-47B0-BCD1-0589D64DD558 (resized).jpeg
#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from ProCsiK:

Anyone know where i can gety a copy of : Funhouse pinball playfield swap how-to dvd video.........

ebay.com link: usr

This ebay seller had it about 4 years ago. Maybe reach out?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 5 years ago

I just bought and installed the LED OCD board. Anyone else not notice any difference whatsoever?

I don't mean to bag on the product, but maybe I just don't have a discerning eye for this thing. Product seems way overpriced. I guess I just expected to notice more changes after I had heard so much praise for it.

#1377 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I just bought and installed the LED OCD board. Anyone else not notice any difference whatsoever?
I don't mean to bag on the product, but maybe I just don't have a discerning eye for this thing. Product seems way overpriced. I guess I just expected to notice more changes after I had heard so much praise for it.

I'm not totally sure, but I think the games that you will see led differences are games with fading inserts like TZ. I believe from reading in the past that its the gi ocd that is really needed for Funhouse. Mine seems to slightly flicker and I can see variances in the GI.

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Better off asking in the specific LED OCD thread. The difference should be pretty clear - there is no fading with LEDs without LED OCD, and on Funhouse there is actually ghosting unless you have anti-ghosting LEDs.

As I understand it the effect of LED OCD is less dramatic if you have anti-ghosting LEDs, and it's also possible to bypass it when it is installed - I'd check you haven't done that by mistake.

As said above Funhouse benefits from GI OCD, particularly during the midnight sequence.

#1379 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Wow really? for me I really noticed a change. Instead of the new lights feeling "strobe-y" the ramp up-down is smooth so they feel like incandescent only much brighter.

#1380 5 years ago

Looking for Funhouse plastics, anyone have a an extra set they'd want to sell or know a vendor that still has them in stock?

#1381 5 years ago

New to the club and have 2 questions.

I have a nice playfield with no mylar. Looking to replace some of the insert decals. Does anyone make decals with the ink on the adhesive side? Don't want them to rub off.

Last Rudy's eyelids don't close when he sleeps. The coil fires during play and test. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

Thanks!

#1383 5 years ago

Thank you! Any opinions on the CPR Funhouse backglasses? The deluxe version is sold out, there are 2 versions at $200, non-mirrored budget or faux mirrored. What's faux mirrored? My translite is pretty see through and faded, if I'm picking up plastics, I think I'll pick up a backglass and combine the shipping.

#1384 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

New to the club and have 2 questions.
I have a nice playfield with no mylar. Looking to replace some of the insert decals. Does anyone make decals with the ink on the adhesive side? Don't want them to rub off.
Last Rudy's eyelids don't close when he sleeps. The coil fires during play and test. Any ideas on troubleshooting?
Thanks!

Take him apart,.likely the centering bushing is bad or missing.

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Thank you! Any opinions on the CPR Funhouse backglasses? The deluxe version is sold out, there are 2 versions at $200, non-mirrored budget or faux mirrored. What's faux mirrored? My translite is pretty see through and faded, if I'm picking up plastics, I think I'll pick up a backglass and combine the shipping.

They haven't put the mirrored version up for sale yet. I personally am holding out for that one. I can't speak to the differences in the other 2 but my assumption is the mirrored version will be similar to the old school painted/mirrored backglasses....like Xenon, etc. At least that is my hope.

#1386 5 years ago

So, i have just seen a picture taken at Modern Pinball NYC, from their FunHouse pin, and the GC score apparently is a crazy 152M points!!!!

Have you ever seen such a high score on FH?!
(my PB is 29M...)

#1387 5 years ago

Yes. A friend got 141m on mine. My PB is 82m. Game is set on 3 ball.

#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Yes. A friend got 141m on mine. My PB is 82m. Game is set on 3 ball.

If you can hit jackpot, use another ball to hit left ramp to restart jackpot, hit rudy and continue the cycle you can put up some huge games. On Frenzy pretty much just hit into the pops and put up big scores there. The funny thing is with Funhouse is as much of a system I have down its still damn fun to play.

#1389 5 years ago

That sounds like hours of play lol. It takes me quite some time to even break 20m.

#1390 5 years ago

New to the club, having a problem with my FH.
When the third ball gets trapped at the top of the playfield, it just sits there. It doesn't get released, until of the game detects no activity and the solenoids cycle and then all three get flushed and it goes back to 11:30.
I thought this one was a switch adjustment or a bad switch, I've been tweaking the switch (unsuccessfully) but then I noticed that when the trap door is open and a ball goes down, it triggers the Superdog (not the trapdoor bonus).
Now I'm beginning to think there's a ROM issue.
I have made no changes to the game in months (aside from tweaking the switch for the third ball issue mentioned above).
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Scott

#1391 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAAA:

When the third ball gets trapped at the top of the playfield, it just sits there. It doesn't get released, until of the game detects no activity and the solenoids cycle and then all three get flushed and it goes back to 11:30.
I thought this one was a switch adjustment or a bad switch, I've been tweaking the switch (unsuccessfully) but then I noticed that when the trap door is open and a ball goes down, it triggers the Superdog (not the trapdoor bonus).
I have made no changes to the game in months (aside from tweaking the switch for the third ball issue mentioned above).
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Scott

I'd assume a switch matrix issue. Check if any other switches misregister in the switch test

#1392 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAAA:

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
Scott

n/m I misread.

1 week later
#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'd assume a switch matrix issue. Check if any other switches misregister in the switch test

Yup. Probably a diode shorting on something.

#1394 5 years ago

My Left Ball Trough is not registering. Any have any idea what switch/activator arm/diode I need to order?

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 10.45.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 10.45.03 AM (resized).png
#1395 5 years ago

Does anyone happen to have an extra set of Ted's or Rudy's eyeballs and the white crank piece to move them right and left?

#1396 5 years ago

Went for a friend interested in a TOM in package deal with a FH. My first preDMD pin.

Now shopping it eg cleaning, new rubbers and bulbs. Playfield has certainly marks, heard they are quite common with FH?

When Test playing everything worked fine and played fluently.

Previous owner had if for 15+ years.

So, let’s keep it for some months and see how it is. Always fun to play a new machine.

So joined the club

0185732D-501A-43F6-95D7-4C7ED8A96F33 (resized).jpeg0185732D-501A-43F6-95D7-4C7ED8A96F33 (resized).jpeg5069CE0C-6389-4EBC-9A30-7EF83CD6E88D (resized).jpeg5069CE0C-6389-4EBC-9A30-7EF83CD6E88D (resized).jpeg6ED4468D-1BD3-4FD6-AA9A-6C1B6F2CF4BF (resized).jpeg6ED4468D-1BD3-4FD6-AA9A-6C1B6F2CF4BF (resized).jpeg8B921415-63C6-4468-B58F-77B8CED20C39 (resized).jpeg8B921415-63C6-4468-B58F-77B8CED20C39 (resized).jpegF3A53941-AD5A-4DA8-B37E-959DC7695297 (resized).jpegF3A53941-AD5A-4DA8-B37E-959DC7695297 (resized).jpeg

#1397 5 years ago

So, shopjob topside finished

Questions:

1) have L3 firmware. I see a L9 version but also remarks on different settings jumpers needed? I have access to a programmer, just a matter of burning EPROMs and nothing else needed? Is it worthwhile to update?

2) have not played Fh much. What is expected in action from Rudy? Mouth moves when talking. Eyelid and eyes move during multiball. Eyelid is half open during normal gameplay.

Thanks for any advise

08E753C3-2303-4618-8F38-2AA9C5DCABB3 (resized).jpeg08E753C3-2303-4618-8F38-2AA9C5DCABB3 (resized).jpeg33AC2834-54A0-4813-8FCE-07D2C0FEF9F6 (resized).jpeg33AC2834-54A0-4813-8FCE-07D2C0FEF9F6 (resized).jpeg5E6B569C-0AC8-47E9-860C-E737CC0D72E2 (resized).jpeg5E6B569C-0AC8-47E9-860C-E737CC0D72E2 (resized).jpeg7EA3AD7C-E1D0-46C2-B20D-BBA541F00F91 (resized).jpeg7EA3AD7C-E1D0-46C2-B20D-BBA541F00F91 (resized).jpegA1F5A2F0-D463-4AC3-B7E7-AD68F39C6654 (resized).jpegA1F5A2F0-D463-4AC3-B7E7-AD68F39C6654 (resized).jpegA66FCCD6-9527-46C6-AA0D-C8926921CBCE (resized).jpegA66FCCD6-9527-46C6-AA0D-C8926921CBCE (resized).jpeg
#1398 5 years ago

1) have L3 firmware. I see a L9 version but also remarks on different settings jumpers needed? I have access to a programmer, just a matter of burning EPROMs and nothing else needed? Is it worthwhile to update?

L5 is probably the biggest jump. Whether you want to mess with it or not is up to you. There are some docs out there that detail differences in the ROMS.

2) have not played Fh much. What is expected in action from Rudy? Mouth moves when talking. Eyelid and eyes move during multiball. Eyelid is half open during normal gameplay.

Rudy's eyes should mostly follow the ball during normal mode (you have to actually hit targets and such for him to know where you are).
If you hit him in the mouth, his eyelids should open wide in surprise

He should randomly talk to you as you play and certain gameplay triggers.

If you get to midnight and lock both balls, he should go to sleep and his eyes should shut and mouth stay open.

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

What is expected in action from Rudy? Mouth moves when talking. Eyelid and eyes move during multiball. Eyelid is half open during normal gameplay.
Thanks for any advise
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check this:

#1400 5 years ago

So, thanks to the video I discovered eyes should close. Investigated and found a broken part. Should be a not to difficult fix.Already sourced the part.

9F371FA2-E69F-4A1E-A5E0-971542F47D95 (resized).jpeg9F371FA2-E69F-4A1E-A5E0-971542F47D95 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/28?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.