IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 101.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I wouldn't recommend that long term. I had the mylar get mashed into the shape of the parts and eventually make the sticking worse. Replace the coil and hit the plate with a flap wheel on a dremel

I wondered about that, thought the coil was so little it should last a long time, but thanks for the tip.

#1302 5 years ago

For those who thought my Rudy Legs mod was creepy before:

The adhesive gave out, and this is what is under my game right now...

2018-10-13 23.18.25 (resized).jpg2018-10-13 23.18.25 (resized).jpg
#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

The adhesive gave out, and this is what is under my game right now...[quoted image]

If you find the legs suddenly In a different location throughout the house then I’m out of here!

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

To be clear - is it definitely not working at all, or is it just reporting as not working? That opto from memory seldom gets triggered in normal play, because to do so you'd have to ignore all of the other Steps targets. I've seen Switch 55 errors regularly on FH simply because the game thinks its faulty through lack of use, and rolling a ball past it makes it go away (for about 30 games).

I replaced the clear (trans) led and still nothing....Guess next is to replace the receiver. The other optos are working. Does this rule out the board being the issue

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

The adhesive gave out, and this is what is under my game right now...[quoted image]

What in gods name are you smoking???

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What in gods name are you smoking???

I'm not smoking anything. The glue on the velcro gave out, and this is how the legs landed. Must be October.

#1307 5 years ago

Doing final go-through on the Funhouse I picked up. There is an unconnected 3-pin molex under the playfield by the white / top-right pop bumper. I identified that it is the same as the GI used on the backbox for Rudy, and meter verifies that. I'm guessing there's supposed to be a spotlight on Rudy's face in sync with the backbox? Can someone tell me where it mounts and with what hardware / hex post? Or is it something else?

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Doing final go-through on the Funhouse I picked up. There is an unconnected 3-pin molex under the playfield by the white / top-right pop bumper. I identified that it is the same as the GI used on the backbox for Rudy, and meter verifies that. I'm guessing there's supposed to be a spotlight on Rudy's face in sync with the backbox? Can someone tell me where it mounts and with what hardware / hex post? Or is it something else?

Do you have the lamp over the trapdoor?

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3129/2479920274_b527a61571_z.jpg?zz=1

#1309 5 years ago

Yes, that's what is missing, thanks. It doesn't look that effective though: I think I can do better lighting the whole face with a spot on the plastic behind the red pop.

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Yes, that's what is missing, thanks. It doesn't look that effective though: I think I can do better lighting the whole face with a spot on the plastic behind the red pop.

It does actually light up that area pretty well. It's mostly for midnight mode though when the rest of the playfield is dimmed.

#1311 5 years ago

For those who have replaced the GI with LED's how do they handle midnight mode? They dim pretty low during this phase. It looks like they either flash really quickly on/off or they lower the voltage? Do the LED's actually dim in some manner? I would think these would not work correctly.

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

For those who have replaced the GI with LED's how do they handle midnight mode? They dim pretty low during this phase. It looks like they either flash really quickly on/off or they lower the voltage? Do the LED's actually dim in some manner? I would think these would not work correctly.

You need GI OCD board, otherwise dim doesn't work.

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

You need GI OCD board, otherwise dim doesn't work.

Thanks.

#1314 5 years ago

GI dims progressively during the Multiball startup, as said above LEDs would either strobe badly or just switch off unexpectedly. You'd need to disable GI dimming in the settings, or use a GI OCD board.

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Mine does a low slow pulse, however, my FH is in a pretty lit room so it doesnt bug. If I played in a dark room I would get the gi ocd or turn that feature off

#1316 5 years ago

Hi,

Struggling to find this bit in Planitary Pinball online parts list. the Does anyone know the part number for the wire guide highlighted in the attached picture?

Thanks

FH (resized).pngFH (resized).png
#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Hi,
Struggling to find this bit in Planitary Pinball online parts list. the Does anyone know the part number for the wire guide highlighted in the attached picture?
Thanks
[quoted image]

I need one as well

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from abendix:

Hi,
Thanks
[quoted image]

I’ll take a look if I’ve got one. I had plenty of spares after my resto.

#1319 5 years ago

Hi guys, this is a questions for the Funhouse Restorers out there -

I notice almost all FH's have damage to the blue paint on the inside of the cabinet where the pf is raised and lowered for service. I assume this is from that one-way ball gate near the shooter lane as it hangs over the side of the pf and mounts to the bottom.

I am finishing my resto and I have painted the inside of the cabinet. I bought some felt with adhesive that I will put along the side rails of my new pf, but -

Did anyone still have a problem with the sides of the pf damaging their freshly painted cabinet? I just want to be hyper careful and learn from others.

Thanks!

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I notice almost all FH's have damage to the blue paint on the inside of the cabinet where the pf is raised and lowered for service. I assume this is from that one-way ball gate near the shooter lane as it hangs over the side of the pf and mounts to the bottom.
I am finishing my resto and I have painted the inside of the cabinet. I bought some felt with adhesive that I will put along the side rails of my new pf, but -
Did anyone still have a problem with the sides of the pf damaging their freshly painted cabinet? I just want to be hyper careful and learn from others.
Thanks!

Mine had the same. I just paid careful attention when remounting that gate (i bent it a little so there was nothing to rub against the side).

#1321 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Thanks!

What's the blue color code?? Thank you!!

1 week later
#1322 5 years ago

Hello Friends. Working on my Funhouse swap and I have a wire broken off the blue standup target -- the one right infront of the hot dog targets. I have included a few pictures. Can someone help me find out where this yellow wire goes? I can't seem to get it from my tear down pictures.

broken wire1 (resized).jpgbroken wire1 (resized).jpgbroken wire2 (resized).jpgbroken wire2 (resized).jpgbroken wire3 (resized).JPGbroken wire3 (resized).JPG
#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from pablotorres:

What's the blue color code?? Thank you!!

There is a Valspar color code on pinside.. it might even be in this thread. I’ll look, I think I have it saved.

I had it made up but it was a little too dark. I took it an eyedropper to drip white in different ratios into it until I find a color that was very close to my original. What you’ll find is that it is very difficult to match off of one paint code. You get something close and then you adjust that after that. Not every machine fades the same.

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Can someone help me find out where this yellow wire goes?

The yellow wire goes from target to target, so all 4 targets have column3 in the switch matrix.

FH sw wires (resized).JPGFH sw wires (resized).JPG

#1325 5 years ago

Thanks Zaza. I always love your graphics.

Another question for the thread - Anyone put mylar down on new pf's where the trapdoor ramp flap drops closed? It seems that the lttle metal flange piece that attaches inside my trapdoor sits a little low, so when the door closes it slaps down on the pristine clearcoat. Wondering if I should address with mylar.

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Thanks Zaza. I always love your graphics.
Another question for the thread - Anyone put mylar down on new pf's where the trapdoor ramp flap drops closed? It seems that the lttle metal flange piece that attaches inside my trapdoor sits a little low, so when the door closes it slaps down on the pristine clearcoat. Wondering if I should address with mylar.

On mine i just adjusted that little bracket that trap door comes down on (so on mine, I dont really see it damaging the PF). But no certainly no harm in putting some mylar there. I used low tac mylar basically anywhere the ball drops + rings around the pops. Might be overkill but since it's low tac it comes up easily to replace or remove.

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

On mine i just adjusted that little bracket that trap door comes down on (so on mine, I dont really see it damaging the PF). But no certainly no harm in putting some mylar there. I used low tac mylar basically anywhere the ball drops + rings around the pops. Might be overkill but since it's low tac it comes up easily to replace or remove.

Can you direct me to the low tack stuff you buy.

Thanks,

#1328 5 years ago

Idea: another option to consider is to place the mylar on the underside of the metal flap. That way, you won't even see it on the playfield.

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Can you direct me to the low tack stuff you buy.
Thanks,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00134DIII

(same stuff I got from Kruzman originally, but one sheet got wet in my garage when I left it out so I tracked it back to this brand via the logo/markings on the back of the sheet)

Some pieces I cut by hand, others I used my wife's cutting plotter (pop rings)

Worked like a charm for me. YMMV

#1330 5 years ago

Can you guys tell me a value for a project Funhouse I'll be selling?

Sent power driver board in for repair - now plays good.

Decent playfield and translite, cabinet will need decals and head repaint.

Thanks

IMG_20181109_113147760 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_113147760 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_113308499 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_113308499 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_113824103 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_113824103 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_113211622 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_113211622 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_114021285 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_114021285 (resized).jpg
#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Can you guys tell me a value for a project Funhouse I'll be selling?

If it's fixed, why are you calling it a project? Just because the head's a little rough? I wouldn't call it a project.

It's hard to say without close ups of the playfield, but it looks decent from that distance. I'll throw out $3400.

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'll throw out $3400.

My guess would be around 3. It needs ALOT of help.

#1333 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

If it's fixed, why are you calling it a project? Just because the head's a little rough? I wouldn't call it a project.
It's hard to say without close ups of the playfield, but it looks decent from that distance. I'll throw out $3400.

Quoted from Squeakman:

My guess would be around 3. It needs ALOT of help.

Thanks

#1334 5 years ago

Does anyone have an IPB playfield installed in their Funhouse? I know nothing about the quality and workability of them. Can anyone give me an idea if they are a good option? Were they complete? Fully drilled and dimpled? Easy to work with, etc?

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Does anyone have an IPB playfield installed in their Funhouse? I know nothing about the quality and workability of them. Can anyone give me an idea if they are a good option? Were they complete? Fully drilled and dimpled? Easy to work with, etc?

I got mine from Marco. No manufacture name on it. It is beautiful.

#1336 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

From what I read these aren't dimpled.

#1337 5 years ago

Mine was dimpled.

#1338 5 years ago

Wheres the best place to get Cliffys for the hole protectors?
Marcos doesn't carry them.

#1341 5 years ago

Mine was/is dimpled too.

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Mine was/is dimpled too.

Are you guys sure it's a IPB?

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Are you guys sure it's a IPB?

No, that's why I said I think it's a Mirco. I may poke around the playfeld this weekend and see what I can read on it.

#1344 5 years ago

Guys - anyone know the part number or site where I can find the screws that hold the ball gates down? These are about 2-3 inch long wood screws. Total of 4 of them on playfield holding down the ball gates by hidden hallway and outer loop.

Thanks!

#1345 5 years ago

For those who have taken the playfield down, if I am just trying to do a good clean do you think it’s best to unsolder most of the switches or can you still move things out of the way to clean?

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Mine wasn't dimpled or t-nutted. But when I got it, it was the best option. The micro PFs that came out shortly after were about 1/4" too long. So making a dimple stencil was the easier of the two options.

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

For those who have taken the playfield down, if I am just trying to do a good clean do you think it’s best to unsolder most of the switches or can you still move things out of the way to clean?

If it’s just cleaning, I wouldn’t unsolder anything unless I had to. You can get to most everything by just moving things around.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

If I'm doing a topside tear down I typically unscrew all he targets and switches and drop them below the playfield. I just let them hang, they aren't heavy enough to do any damage. Take some pics just in case there are some that are close together.

#1349 5 years ago

Guys - I am going to order the LED OCD board. Sounds like many have used this and it is highly recommended.

My question - does this game benefit from the GI OCD? Is it worth buying both? I know some later WPC games really incorporate dimming effects in the GI (Like Whitewater). But I am not sure on Funhouse.

Would love a video link if anyone has one handy for FH and how this board really works.

#1350 5 years ago

Just my opinion but I don't think LED's look good on this game. Granted the one I saw in person had those bright white ones. Maybe the comet sunlight ones would look better. Everyone is obsessed currently with replacing all bulbs with LEDS but normal home use most people aren't leaving the machine on for days at a time so the long term issues you would see on a routed table with normal incandescents (#47's and #555) really isn't an issue at all. Some machines should simply not have LED's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/27?hl=abendix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.