IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 101.
#1251 5 years ago

I came across something interesting. Some one posted pictures of a trapdoor assembly on a Dialed-In. It looks identical to the one used in Funhouse. I wonder of the crank arm would work in a Funhouse?

67A2A114-4E84-4C3A-9672-1CED04884DC3 (resized).jpeg67A2A114-4E84-4C3A-9672-1CED04884DC3 (resized).jpegD339F126-A857-47C5-876A-F44DE4A9014D (resized).jpegD339F126-A857-47C5-876A-F44DE4A9014D (resized).jpeg
#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

They've got it at $.50. It's pretty beat-up looking, but sure plays nice, and the last time I was there it had a bit of a line waiting for it.

If I were to put mine (players) at the local barcade I'd put it at $0.75 for sure. Only early SS are $0.50

#1253 5 years ago

What do people think the chance of Funhouse being the next repro game made by Chicago Gaming?

I had a Funhouse many years ago which was a hobby project which got sold and now I'm thinking of working towards another, however if Funhouse is going to be reproduced, it would probably be nice to wait for that.

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

What do people think the chance of Funhouse being the next repro game made by Chicago Gaming?
I had a Funhouse many years ago which was a hobby project which got sold and now I'm thinking of working towards another, however if Funhouse is going to be reproduced, it would probably be nice to wait for that.

Would you pay $7000 USD for one?

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

Rick at Planetary has already said they would be doing Cactus Canyon, Theater of Magic and Big Bang Bar. They haven't announced what order they would come out. I highly doubt Funhouse is on the short list.

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Rick at Planetary has already said they would be doing Cactus Canyon, Theater of Magic, C Voltaire and Big Bang Bar. They haven't announced what order they would come out. I highly doubt Funhouse is on the short list.

I'd much rather have 'Funhouse 2.0'

#1257 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'd much rather have 'Funhouse 2.0'

Isn't that Road Show? Funhouse remastered would be cool. I bet Zen will make some crazy digital add-on like they are doing with the first table pack for Williams.

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Rick at Planetary has already said they would be doing Cactus Canyon, Theater of Magic, C Voltaire and Big Bang Bar.

I missed that announcement. Where was that posted? I'm especially interested in BBB.

Thanks!
Kerry

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I missed that announcement. Where was that posted? I'm especially interested in BBB.
Thanks!
Kerry

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-more-speculation-planetary-pinball-to-remake-mb-bbb-tom-and-cc

#1260 5 years ago

kermit24 Thank You!

#1261 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Isn't that Road Show? Funhouse remastered would be cool. I bet Zen will make some crazy digital add-on like they are doing with the first table pack for Williams.

I absolutely love Funhouse, but I never really cared for Road Show. Can't really say why that is.

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Besides from the heads I don't really see the relation. They don't play anything alike. I'm picturing more like BoP 2.0. New rules, DMD, etc, but same game

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

I find it a bit doubtful. Over on the Planetary Pinball Forum, there has been an "informal" list of what the next few titles might be, and also that the current plan is to release at least 7 remakes.

Prior to MBr being confirmed, the list was BBB, MB, KP, TOM, or CC. You can cross KP off the list, since someone else is doing that, so we've got BBB, TOM, and CC, plus one more. I would think it would be a more rare or expensive game than Funhouse, but I have no actual information.

It would definitely be cool though...

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Besides from the heads I don't really see the relation. They don't play anything alike. I'm picturing more like BoP 2.0. New rules, DMD, etc, but same game

Some of the shots on Road Show are a bit similar, but that is overwhelmed by the weird (IMHO) rule set and the fact that it's a widebody. Also, the crazy soundtrack and oddball theme that I feel isn't anywhere as cool as FH.

#1265 5 years ago

I agree... that as much as I LOVE FunHouse (our first game back in 93' and still have it), I feel the remakes would probably newer A titles, as noted above.

Also, IMO: TOTAN & SS would come way before FH.

#1266 5 years ago

Just because...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I find it a bit doubtful. Over on the Planetary Pinball Forum, there has been an "informal" list of what the next few titles might be, and also that the current plan is to release at least 7 remakes.
Prior to MBr being confirmed, the list was BBB, MB, KP, TOM, or CC. You can cross KP off the list, since someone else is doing that, so we've got BBB, TOM, and CC, plus one more. I would think it would be a more rare or expensive game than Funhouse, but I have no actual information.
It would definitely be cool though...

Going purely by the numbers:

Monster Bash (Production run: 3361)
Big Bang Bar (14 initial, 183 repro'd)
Theatre of Magic (6600)
Cactus Canyon (903)
Tales of the Arabian Nights (3128)
Scared Stiff (4028)

And to include for reference:

Funhouse (10750)

But I ask you, regardless of the numbers. Which other machine has this?

rudy (resized).PNGrudy (resized).PNG
#1268 5 years ago

I really wish I could have got in on the BBB remakes. I've only played the virtual version, but I love it.

#1269 5 years ago

Anyone have any funhouse ball guides, need a couple.

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone have any funhouse ball guides, need a couple.

Which ones?

#1271 5 years ago

The more I look into it, actually 7. Needed or my next project.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1272 5 years ago

Cabinet question. For the pivot nut/carriage bolt, is that all it is? Just the two parts, no bushing or anything?

#1273 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Cabinet question. For the pivot nut/carriage bolt, is that all it is? Just the two parts, no bushing or anything?

It should go carriage bolt, large washer, pivot bolt. The washer should then cover the earth braid.

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The more I look into it, actually 7. Needed or my next project.
[quoted image]

Could you take a sideways pic of that step section? Is it supposed to be open? As in the ball can get out there? Or is that area supposed to be closed off? Mine has always had an open spot there that occasionally the ball will come out of rather than going up the steps.

#1275 5 years ago

I made a mod...

I realize hardly anyone is going to look under the machine, but those who do will be well-rewarded.

30" doll pants off of Ebay, a pair of 30" puppet legs, a pair of size 8.5 toddler Oxfords, a couple of safety pins, a plastic storage container I had laying around the house, and a couple of zip-ties, and Rudy has legs.

2018-10-05 23.19.52 (resized).jpg2018-10-05 23.19.52 (resized).jpg2018-10-05 23.31.51 (resized).jpg2018-10-05 23.31.51 (resized).jpg
#1276 5 years ago

Cool. Impressive! Now you have started something ........... Bottomers.
Perhaps some flashers on his shoes?

#1277 5 years ago

LOL that's awesome!

#1278 5 years ago

taking creepy to a whole new level!

#1279 5 years ago

I am in the process of putting my new playfield together and I have a question for the community. Are there three or four wire guides on the playfield? I only count three guides, but for some reason I have four in my parts box. The only three I see are on the right side of the playfield below the pop bumpers. Is there a fourth one somewhere I have missed?

#1280 5 years ago

looks like there is 4......all of them are on that right side........one is under the edge of the light blue plastic.......the small one in between the posts and the other two lane dividers

0a240be8e7841ba4a8553fd9c74963e009e92acc (resized).jpg0a240be8e7841ba4a8553fd9c74963e009e92acc (resized).jpg
#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

looks like there is 4......all of them are on that right side........one is under the edge of the light blue plastic.......the small one in between the posts and the other two lane dividers
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#1282 5 years ago

Hmm, mine is missing that wire guide on the left side of the lane from the shooter down to the right inlane :/

Does a short plunge always feed the right most inlane for you?

#1283 5 years ago

On mine (and my Mirco had holes for it) there is one on the left side to the right of the left shooter lane.

FH-left-wire-guide (resized).jpgFH-left-wire-guide (resized).jpg
#1284 5 years ago

Fixing a friends FH. I'm pretty good with switch matrix issues but I hate opto issues. Sw 55 the top ramp hot dog opto is not registering. Is the best option to just swap both sides and see if that fixes or is there a diff way to troubleshoot? Who sells the correct opto set? Thx

#1285 5 years ago

Are Funhouse reproduction playfields still available? I'm looking at picking up a game that has a fairly trashed playfield.

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Are Funhouse reproduction playfields still available? I'm looking at picking up a game that has a fairly trashed playfield.

Yes. Micro has them for $1K

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. Micro has them for $1K

Awesome, thank you.

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Fixing a friends FH. I'm pretty good with switch matrix issues but I hate opto issues. Sw 55 the top ramp hot dog opto is not registering. Is the best option to just swap both sides and see if that fixes or is there a diff way to troubleshoot? Who sells the correct opto set? Thx

To be clear - is it definitely not working at all, or is it just reporting as not working? That opto from memory seldom gets triggered in normal play, because to do so you'd have to ignore all of the other Steps targets. I've seen Switch 55 errors regularly on FH simply because the game thinks its faulty through lack of use, and rolling a ball past it makes it go away (for about 30 games).

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

To be clear - is it definitely not working at all, or is it just reporting as not working? That opto from memory seldom gets triggered in normal play, because to do so you'd have to ignore all of the other Steps targets. I've seen Switch 55 errors regularly on FH simply because the game thinks its faulty through lack of use, and rolling a ball past it makes it go away (for about 30 games).

thx. could not get it to register in switch test.

#1290 5 years ago

I picked up a Funhouse and the steps ball gate doesn't work properly, it stays stuck to the coil. Either the spring is too weak or the coil's core has become permanently magnetized, or possibly current leakage through the related transistor? Seems the spring might be good idea to replace first.

Anyone know the part or suitable replacement for the spring on the gate assembly? Or if the whole gate assembly A-14018 is available anywhere?

GateAssembly-A-14018 (resized).JPGGateAssembly-A-14018 (resized).JPG
GateAssemblyBack-A-14018 (resized).JPGGateAssemblyBack-A-14018 (resized).JPG

#1291 5 years ago

Sounds like the transistor could be shorted open. I would not replace the entire assembly. That’s overkill. Take it apart, clean it up and see what is happening. You should be able to activate the gate with the game off and it should move freely.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I picked up a Funhouse and the steps ball gate doesn't work properly, it stays stuck to the coil. Either the spring is too weak or the coil's core has become permanently magnetized, or possibly current leakage through the related transistor? Seems the spring might be good idea to replace first.
Anyone know the part or suitable replacement for the spring on the gate assembly? Or if the whole gate assembly A-14018 is available anywhere?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Marco might have the wrong image on the website

#1293 5 years ago

Anyone who wants to sell me an extra head for not $500... let me know. Missed out on this last night.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sounds like the transistor could be shorted open. I would not replace the entire assembly. That’s overkill. Take it apart, clean it up and see what is happening. You should be able to activate the gate with the game off and it should move freely.

It's definitely not shorted. It works in test and de-energizes, just doesn't return after. The force required to return it is definitely too much for the spring that is there. The reason I'm thinking about the whole assembly is the metal guide that swivels the gate is worn open a little, maybe contributing to getting stuck in the energized position.

Quoted from lordloss:

Marco might have the wrong image on the website

That's the right image: you might be thinking about the upper ramp diverter. This is the lower gate at the outlane.

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mine worked intermittently and It just turned out it needed a good cleaning. this part is near the big flipper solenoids and I think it just can get really gummed up by coil dust, grime, etc. I would just give all parts a good cleaning with purple power.

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

It's definitely not shorted. It works in test and de-energizes, just doesn't return after. The force required to return it is definitely too much for the spring that is there. The reason I'm thinking about the whole assembly is the metal guide that swivels the gate is worn open a little, maybe contributing to getting stuck in the energized position.

That's the right image: you might be thinking about the upper ramp diverter. This is the lower gate at the outlane.

What about that notch for the flipper mech?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1297 5 years ago

Oh, nice catch. Now that I look carefully, it looks like the orientation was changed too: maybe that was done purposefully for this reproduction part so that the notch was no longer needed.

I'm going to try a thorough cleaning, but I suspect the weak spring and wear in the lever's hole are the problem.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oh, nice catch. Now that I look carefully, it looks like the orientation was changed too: maybe that was done purposefully for this reproduction part so that the notch was no longer needed.
I'm going to try a thorough cleaning, but I suspect the weak spring and wear in the lever's hole are the problem.

I recently did a decent bit of research finding one of these online. The part number from marco won't help you, as most sellers will just list it as williams ball gate assembly.

I just got the one in I bought off ebay. Looking at the mech, its simple but I can kinda see where it might hang up. First thing I would look at is how much the spring helps. The one I have here kinda stick a bit after its compressed.

20181013_143430 (resized).jpg20181013_143430 (resized).jpg
#1299 5 years ago

I took it apart, and yeah, the coil side of the plate was pretty dirty. With the plate removed, I also tested the coil core and it is permanently magnetized: with the machine off it still held my test clip. Between the gunk and magnetism it gets stuck. I cleaned it and put a piece of mylar on the plate to break the contact tension, and now it works perfectly. There wasn't actually much wear in the lever hole, the dirt just made it look like that and spring still felt strong.

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I took it apart, and yeah, the coil side of the plate was pretty dirty. With the plate removed, I also tested the coil core and it is permanently magnetized: with the machine off it still held my test clip. Between the gunk and magnetism it gets stuck. I cleaned it and put a piece of mylar on the plate to break the contact tension, and now it works perfectly. There wasn't actually much wear in the lever hole, the dirt just made it look like that and spring still felt strong.

I wouldn't recommend that long term. I had the mylar get mashed into the shape of the parts and eventually make the sticking worse. Replace the coil and hit the plate with a flap wheel on a dremel

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.