20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 102.
#1151 5 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Rudy's lips on my machine have taken a beating. Has anyone figured out the exact color red of the original that would match if I wanted to touch up the missing paint spots?

I used a large red Sharpie. It looks alright. I used it on the inside of the bottom lip also.

#1152 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

it is included with the new CPR set.....but no idea what it is for or where it goes...........anyone have the other plastics that I am looking for?

I will check my lot Monday night, first chance I'll have to go back through them.

#1153 5 years ago

shredso ..........thanks for checking

#1154 5 years ago

What is a fair price for an average condition Funhouse?

#1155 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

What is a fair price for an average condition Funhouse?

In my area, it seems like it'll cost you north of $4K to get one that still has all the printing on the inserts. $5K seems like it will get you a really nice one.

There sure are a lot of beat up examples out there.

Someone please prove me wrong and offer to sell me one with a nice playfield for $3900!

#1156 5 years ago

They are getting hard to find here in OZ I've just paid 6k for a better than average 1 after looking for months

#1157 5 years ago

do any of the fellow Funhouse owners have an extra "Rudy's lamp" assembly or can supply the part numbers for the proper light socket, riser, lamp shade and any other parts required..........thanks for any help

Mike

#1158 5 years ago

I have something really strange going on with may funhouse. when I got it it was trashed, replaced the mph and driver board with rottendogs and it cleared up all the issues it had and has played flawlessly up until the other day. I have the game out on location and go to check on it and all the feature lights are out and all the solenoid fuses are blown. I looked at everything that I could and nothing felt hot or burnt. I replaced the fuses and everything played ok. So I took the game home and started checking stuff out and found that every single controlled light was melted or started to melt and 2 of the white flashers basically blew up. Also ruddy jaw isn't working any more and the Rudy opts and the staircase opts isn't working either. I took the boards out and looked to see if there are any burns or melted areas on it and everything looks fine. I have no clue where to start on this.

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I have something really strange going on with may funhouse. when I got it it was trashed, replaced the mph and driver board with rottendogs and it cleared up all the issues it had and has played flawlessly up until the other day. I have the game out on location and go to check on it and all the feature lights are out and all the solenoid fuses are blown. I looked at everything that I could and nothing felt hot or burnt. I replaced the fuses and everything played ok. So I took the game home and started checking stuff out and found that every single controlled light was melted or started to melt and 2 of the white flashers basically blew up. Also ruddy jaw isn't working any more and the Rudy opts and the staircase opts isn't working either. I took the boards out and looked to see if there are any burns or melted areas on it and everything looks fine. I have no clue where to start on this.

I am not sure i have the right answer for this but i would start by unplugging all PF and backbox connectors from your boards, turn on the game then check the Voltage test points. then maybe track the voltage down to the connectors for the controlled light and flashers?
If that is not it then the issue is on the PF and/or backbox. short wire from high voltage coil into your lights maybe? Plug one connector at a time until narrowing down the error then check all that is in between connectors and light.

#1160 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

Looking for a few new or nice used plastics as shown..........and does anyone know where the big yellow rectangle goes?
[quoted image]

I finally got a chance to check out my plastics. I included all I could find in the picture, but not all are usable. The one in the center that looks like an arrow, the popcorn piece below it and the slings are in very good shape. The ones on the right are all missing some (or all in the case of the mirror) artwork and the 2 on the left are broken.

2018-08-28 20.15.23 (resized).jpg2018-08-28 20.15.23 (resized).jpg
#1161 5 years ago

Has anyone figured out where this big yellow plastic belongs in their Funhouse?

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

[quoted image]

I didn't have it in my used plastics bin and I changed every plastic. I also scanned the playfield and didn't see it.

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

do any of the fellow Funhouse owners have an extra "Rudy's lamp" assembly or can supply the part numbers for the proper light socket, riser, lamp shade and any other parts required..........thanks for any help
Mike

I may have a spare. I’ll look tonight

#1164 5 years ago

Shopping my 3rd FH....On first observation Rudy looks cross eyed in his left eye. Ill start researching but if anyone has fixed a cross eyed Rudy Let me know what you did. Thx!

#1165 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Shopping my 3rd FH....On first observation Rudy looks cross eyed in his left eye. Ill start researching but if anyone has fixed a cross eyed Rudy Let me know what you did. Thx!

Possibly the eyelink which is a small piece of bent metal. More likely the eyelet is broken on the eyeball itself. Both easy fixes

#1166 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

[quoted image]

I don't have a FH but usually those solid-color plastics sit underneath something else, like a ramp or as a diffuser for lamps. And sometimes there are just leftover parts from when something didn't get put into the final game!

#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

Possibly the eyelink which is a small piece of bent metal. More likely the eyelet is broken on the eyeball itself. Both easy fixes

thx...best place for rudy parts?

#1168 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Marco pretty much has all of them.

#1169 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Pinbits has a rebuild kit.

#1170 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

thx

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sold out.

#1172 5 years ago

Just FYI to anyone who bought those metal gears on ebay.
Saw one other negative review on these gears, so I just assumed the guy didn't put it in right maybe?
I first purchased the sector gear, replaced it and (still using the circle plastic gear)
It worked great for about 4 months then the round plastic gear broke.

Tried replacing the round plastic gear with the new metal round gear. There was to much resistance (when using both metal gears) that the motor locked up, Tried a few things and couldn't get it to work.

Spent a couple hours messing with it the other night.

found two issues, noticed there was a lot more play with the plastic gears btwn teeth.
I needed to file in btwn the teeth on the metal sector gear and in some places file the teeth down a little bit where there was resistance. for good measure I did the same thing to the metal part of the circle gear.

Second issue, The circle gear was 1mm - 2mm to wide (when tightening down the screws it locked down the gear). I used a Dremel and shaved it down a tad.

Added a little bit of superlube to the gear teeth, now it works and sounds smoother the a new set of plastic gears. Figured one less thing to worry about breaking is a good thing, especially on location.

#1173 5 years ago

Anyone out there using the 9.05H (home rom)? Seems that the IPDB links have the file names mislabeled and they are not the expected sizes.

#1174 5 years ago

Looking for a front cabinet decal. I want to replace mine PM details. Thanks!

#1175 5 years ago

If anyone has a spare rudy face they would be interested in selling, PM me. thnx )

#1176 5 years ago

Just curious: Was there ever a definitive answer about the Sausage Bonus on the sample ROMs? Seems the question has been asked a lot, but not really answered.

#1177 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Just curious: Was there ever a definitive answer about the Sausage Bonus on the sample ROMs? Seems the question has been asked a lot, but not really answered.

What's the question?

#1178 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What's the question?

Do the Sample games' ROMs have the Sausage Bonus? Or is that strictly a feature of the production ROMs?

#1179 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Do the Sample games' ROMs have the Sausage Bonus? Or is that strictly a feature of the production ROMs?

I can't find a video of this. Does he say anything specific or anything specific on the display? I've never run into this bonus that I'm aware of. I believe mine has the sample rom as mine is a frankenfunhouse. I'll doublecheck and test it tonight, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't find a video of this. Does he say anything specific or anything specific on the display? I've never run into this bonus that I'm aware of. I believe mine has the sample rom as mine is a frankenfunhouse. I'll doublecheck and test it tonight, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

The Sausage Bonus is awarded after a number of Rudy hits (I think it starts at 6, and maxes out at 12). The number gets reset when the high scores are reset, and then get incremented each time the bonus is awarded. Rudy says "You big sausage", and the player gets a million points.

#1181 5 years ago

About to convert all lights to LED and wondering if anyone has tips on what colors look best on this game?

#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

The Sausage Bonus is awarded after a number of Rudy hits (I think it starts at 6, and maxes out at 12). The number gets reset when the high scores are reset, and then get incremented each time the bonus is awarded. Rudy says "You big sausage", and the player gets a million points.

Mine is a sample game, curious to try this with glass off (gotta tweak some lights any way) and will report back.

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

About to convert all lights to LED and wondering if anyone has tips on what colors look best on this game?

I just did mine but first ordered a test batch from comet and tried several options (with pics) you can see more here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-my-first-restoration-help-me-not-botch-this/page/2#post-4159591

Keep reading on that page (so its not lost in the shuffle) I decided to scrap the ultimate optix ones (non-ghosting, etc) and went with the cheaper 2SMD's since I am adding an LED OCD.

I also went with the LED rings, I LOVE THEM! heh. I have not taken pictures yet (just got things back together late last night *yawn*) but I will asap.

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Mine is a sample game, curious to try this with glass off (gotta tweak some lights any way) and will report back.

Cool, thanks! I've heard one or two people say they never got the Sausage Bonus on their samples, but I haven't been able to confirm if it was missing from the ROM, or if they had some other issue.

I just joined the club with a Sample game, but it's going to be a few days before I can get it set up, and while I think the Samples have some really nice features and historical/collector coolness, I have to admit, I'd miss the "You big... SAUSAGE!" callout.

#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Is this different than the "Million" reward where he says "Million" after hitting him so many times (3x?)? I know for certain I've never hear him say "you big sausage".

Did a bit of digging as it's been many years since I've looked into it. Mine is P-6 / PA-1 The game says Rev P-6 and Sy. .90 - 11-5-90. Mine is unique in many ways as it is the first off the line non sample/non proto. I think they took leftover spare parts to make this one as I have a mix of old and new. Sys-11 soundboard, widerails, L.S. Topcoat instead of diamond plating (similar) and a few other things I probably haven't found. It is also signed by Pat Lawlor under the cabinet (that was quite the surprise to find!).

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Cool, thanks! I've heard one or two people say they never got the Sausage Bonus on their samples, but I haven't been able to confirm if it was missing from the ROM, or if they had some other issue.
I just joined the club with a Sample game, but it's going to be a few days before I can get it set up, and while I think the Samples have some really nice features and historical/collector coolness, I have to admit, I'd miss the "You big... SAUSAGE!" callout.

Yea I just restored mine and most of the sample features are gone (wide rails, etc), I'm considering figuring out what i need to do to update the boards (update the sound board?) so i can run the latest ROM.

#1187 5 years ago

Actually, I have a question. I only did insert and GI LED's, next up, I need to do the backboard/translite switch to LED's. Anyone do this that can share what they did?

#1188 5 years ago

Actually, I have a question. I only did insert and GI LED's, next up, I need to do the backboard/translite switch to LED's. Anyone do this that can share what they did?

Every backbox led change I've seen on funhouse looks bad. I would say if you are intent on doing it, make sure to diffuse them so they aren't so spotlighted.

#1189 5 years ago

Quoted from Zennmaster:

I have a Sample also. I've never encountered the sausage bonus.

#1190 5 years ago

Guys, in the middle of my restoration. Anyone know where i can buy these nylon sleeves that are all over the top of the playfield?

nylon spacer (resized).jpgnylon spacer (resized).jpg
#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Guys, in the middle of my restoration. Anyone know where i can buy these nylon sleeves that are all over the top of the playfield?
[quoted image]

Marcos carries them but is OOS.

This place appears to have them in stock.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MX-8371

I am guessing Pinball Resource probably also has them.

#1192 5 years ago

Awesome thanks!

Actually found the part # too. It is called a spacer spool for anyone else looking for it.

part number 03-8371

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Awesome thanks!
Actually found the part # too. It is called a spacer spool for anyone else looking for it.
part number 03-8371

Yeah, those are what i ordered from Marco (in stock)

#1194 5 years ago

I just did mine but first ordered a test batch from comet and tried several options (with pics) you can see more here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-my-first-restoration-help-me-not-botch-this/page/2#post-4159591
Keep reading on that page (so its not lost in the shuffle) I decided to scrap the ultimate optix ones (non-ghosting, etc) and went with the cheaper 2SMD's since I am adding an LED OCD.
I also went with the LED rings, I LOVE THEM! heh. I have not taken pictures yet (just got things back together late last night *yawn*) but I will asap.

Very helpful, thanks!

#1195 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is this different than the "Million" reward where he says "Million" after hitting him so many times (3x?)? I know for certain I've never hear him say "you big sausage".
Did a bit of digging as it's been many years since I've looked into it. Mine is P-6 / PA-1 The game says Rev P-6 and Sy. .90 - 11-5-90. Mine is unique in many ways as it is the first off the line non sample/non proto. I think they took leftover spare parts to make this one as I have a mix of old and new. Sys-11 soundboard, widerails, L.S. Topcoat instead of diamond plating (similar) and a few other things I probably haven't found. It is also signed by Pat Lawlor under the cabinet (that was quite the surprise to find!).

Here's a video of the Sausage Bonus, although the callout appears to get interrupted. It's also followed by a bunch of what sounds like machine gun fire. It's one of those kooky things that I'll be disappointed not to have. It sounds like it's similar to the bonus you're describing, but with a different callout.

So far, it seems nobody with a Sample ROM has seen this feature, although the sound samples appear to be there. I'm now curious to see what kind of ROM hack might be possible. I realize, though, how small the potential audience is, so I doubt there is much value beyond the fun factor of actually doing it.

Your machine definitely sounds like it's something special!

#1196 5 years ago

I've been bending everyone's ear with all my talk about the Sausage Bonus, I figured it's time to share some pics. I picked this guy up last weekend. There is some work going on in my basement at the moment, so Rudy will be living in my van for the next few days until the coast is clear and I bring him inside.

Sample game Number 90, if I read the label correctly.

2018-09-09 17.43.25 (resized).jpg2018-09-09 17.43.25 (resized).jpg

2018-09-09 16.34.50 (resized).jpg2018-09-09 16.34.50 (resized).jpg2018-09-09 16.34.58 (resized).jpg2018-09-09 16.34.58 (resized).jpg2018-09-09 17.42.08 (resized).jpg2018-09-09 17.42.08 (resized).jpg
#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Here's a video of the Sausage Bonus, although the callout appears to get interrupted. It's also followed by a bunch of what sounds like machine gun fire. It's one of those kooky things that I'll be disappointed not to have. It sounds like it's similar to the bonus you're describing, but with a different callout.

So far, it seems nobody with a Sample ROM has seen this feature, although the sound samples appear to be there. I'm now curious to see what kind of ROM hack might be possible. I realize, though, how small the potential audience is, so I doubt there is much value beyond the fun factor of actually doing it.
Your machine definitely sounds like it's something special!

Actually if you watch a bit longer, it says the "Million" line after some other hits. Guess I'll have to try a force to see if I see it.

#1198 5 years ago

Finally got around to seeing if i could get the Sausage bonus on my sample game, apparently it is in there!

#1199 5 years ago

on another side note, just finished my restore (well, the bulk of it). And i am noticing if I hit a fast ball up the ramp when it comes down the right wireform (if it has enough speed, I'd say 50% of the time) it smacks the welded bracket for the switch, bounces off one of the star posts and then continues.

I swear it never did this before but its possible I just wasn't paying attention? Feels like this should be a smooth shot but if the ball is traveling fast I dont see how it could avoid hitting that bracket.

20180911_220007 (resized).jpg20180911_220007 (resized).jpg
#1200 5 years ago

Finally got around to seeing if i could get the Sausage bonus on my sample game, apparently it is in there!

What version do you have? I just tried it on mine and did it about 50 times and he never does it.

I get:
Ow
This is really starting to annoy me
That was no accident
Big Deal
What did I ever do to you
Stop it!

The first 5 are kind of random starting with Ow!, and then finally Stop it! seems to be at the same point the You Big Sausage is each time.

I have the batteries out of mine - getting ready to mod for nvram. I'll have to see if there is maybe some setting in the audits that maybe controls this.

Also...I never realized that was an opto. I thought it worked like a target switch on the lip

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/24?hl=zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.