IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 101.
#1101 5 years ago

Bout to start populating my new Mirco PF.

Question, after the trap door, where the clear plastic is screwed to the PF.. on the new PF, there are clearly dimples, but no real pilot hole. This ok? or should i drill some?

20180815_184048 (resized).jpg20180815_184048 (resized).jpgFunhouse_Trap_Door (resized).jpgFunhouse_Trap_Door (resized).jpg
#1102 5 years ago

I honestly hope this is the next CGC remake. I would be in Immediately

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Question, after the trap door, where the clear plastic is screwed to the PF.. on the new PF, there are clearly dimples, but no real pilot hole. This ok? or should i drill some?
[quoted image][quoted image]

When i did my swap i used a dremel with the router attachment and recessed the area where the trap door hinge mounts. By bringing the hinge down flush with the PF top surface you can eliminate the plastic altogether.

It has worked fine for years.

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

When i did my swap i used a dremel with the router attachment and recessed the area where the trap door hinge mounts. By bringing the hinge down flush with the PF top surface you can eliminate the plastic altogether.
It has worked fine for years.

You need the plastic. It is there to prevent soft shots from rolling backwards towards the trapdoor. I'm sure we have all had that trapdoor launch a ball into the glass. This greatly reduces it.

#1105 5 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

I would drill small pilot holes. You don't want to mess up the clear coat. I think my new playfield had the holes drilled out. But I can't remember for sure!

#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I would drill small pilot holes. You don't want to mess up the clear coat. I think my new playfield had the holes drilled out. But I can't remember for sure!

DRILL!! for the love of god you have to drill a full hole. Just make sure it is not too loose. If you can’t tell by looking, then the holes were not drilled out.

Also you will need to Dremel out any areas which are routed, like for t-nuts, areas where a plastic lays into the playfield, etc

#1107 5 years ago

Thanks guys, appreciate the input! I will def drill the pilot holes.

#1108 5 years ago

Thanks guys, appreciate the input! I will def drill the pilot holes.

You don’t want cracks in the clear, they are impossible to fix, and they will eventually get worse. Ron kruzman sells a Dremel bit kit which has every size and shape you would ever need, it’s a lifesaver, especially given he does such a thorough job and so many coats of clear

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You don’t want cracks in the clear, they are impossible to fix, and they will eventually get worse. Ron kruzman sells a Dremel bit kit which has every size and shape you would ever need, it’s a lifesaver, especially given he does such a thorough job and so many coats of clear

Yeah I bought the kit (even though he did not clear the mirco i bought) I also have a diamond burr dremel bit set as well. so my plan is clear the clear (heh) away from the dimples where the holes should be, then drill small pilot holes.

#1110 5 years ago

Yeah I bought the kit (even though he did not clear the mirco i bought) I also have a diamond burr dremel bit set as well. so my plan is clear the clear (heh) away from the dimples where the holes should be, then drill small pilot holes.

You are good!

#1111 5 years ago

just joined the funhouse club with a playable project machine...i will have to get some pics of broken plastics that i need........the thing i need the most is rudy's face.....his upper lip is gone.....i know it is a hard piece to find....i am hopeful that someone has a used one for me.....the whole head needs repainting

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

just joined the funhouse club with a playable project machine...i will have to get some pics of broken plastics that i need........the thing i need the most is rudy's face.....his upper lip is gone.....i know it is a hard piece to find....i am hopeful that someone has a used one for me.....the whole head needs repainting

I have a full set of used plastics. I don't recall if any were broken. I'll dig it out later and take some pics if you want.

#1113 5 years ago

that would be great.........this one is in rough shape but was under $3000

#1114 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

How the face looks?

#1115 5 years ago

took rudy apart for his pictures........back of his head is cracked also......anyone have some spare parts......after removing these found that the linkage for the right to left eye movement is missing......i think marco has most of that

IMG_5469 (resized).JPGIMG_5469 (resized).JPGIMG_5470 (resized).JPGIMG_5470 (resized).JPGIMG_5471 (resized).JPGIMG_5471 (resized).JPGIMG_5472 (resized).JPGIMG_5472 (resized).JPGIMG_5473 (resized).JPGIMG_5473 (resized).JPG
#1116 5 years ago

all of the parts for eye movement are available from marco.......but total $45 with shipping.........anyone have used parts?

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

took rudy apart for his pictures........back of his head is cracked also......anyone have some spare parts......after removing these found that the linkage for the right to left eye movement is missing......i think marco has most of that
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not impossible, but won't be an easy fix for an expert.

#1118 5 years ago

Here is a quick pic of my leftovers from my restore. I also have ramps. I don't recall the condition of the ramps, but if anyone is interested I'll dig them out.
The game was fully playable before I tore it down, so they are at least usable. The plastic set should be complete. One or 2 are cracked. A few have some missing artwork, many are in great shape. A bunch of targets, posts, etc. PM me if you are interested in any of it and I'll take some better pics and work out a price.

2018-08-19 22.31.08 (resized).jpg2018-08-19 22.31.08 (resized).jpg2018-08-19 22.31.14 (resized).jpg2018-08-19 22.31.14 (resized).jpg
#1119 5 years ago

shredso............pm sent

#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The front part of Rudy is pretty easy to find, and was reprod at one point. The back....not so much.

As for the replacement parts....shop around. Marco isn't the only game in town.

#1121 5 years ago

rudy will soon have his full face transplant thanks to pinsider weirpinball...........I will glue the cracks in the back side of his head from the inside and do some touchup painting.......what type of glue would work the best for that type of plastic?

#1122 5 years ago

Hi all -

(I hope this hasn't been discussed to death, I searched this thread and didn't find much)

I am going to be looking at a Funhouse shortly, and was hoping current owners might be able to chime in on what I should be looking at in order to avoid a nightmare.

Are there any game-specific issues that are instant grounds for rejection?

Anything that I should make sure has already been addressed?

Any fragile or weak parts that are uber-expensive or else downright unobtainable?

Thanks!

#1123 5 years ago

Hi all!

I'm having an issue recently where the trap door kicks way high and bounces off the lamp (and closes). If I put my finger between the door and the lamp it will stop at my finger and stay open. I've seen the 'help' regarding the tab underneath that can get bent, but I'm not sure that is the issue here. I'm not really sure where to start -- could this a voltage issue making the 'kick' stronger?

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hi all!
I'm having an issue recently where the trap door kicks way high and bounces off the lamp (and closes). If I put my finger between the door and the lamp it will stop at my finger and stay open. I've seen the 'help' regarding the tab underneath that can get bent, but I'm not sure that is the issue here. I'm not really sure where to start -- could this a voltage issue making the 'kick' stronger?

Not a voltage issue, the mech is probably worn and needs to be replaced.

#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Hi all -
(I hope this hasn't been discussed to death, I searched this thread and didn't find much)
I am going to be looking at a Funhouse shortly, and was hoping current owners might be able to chime in on what I should be looking at in order to avoid a nightmare.
Are there any game-specific issues that are instant grounds for rejection?
Anything that I should make sure has already been addressed?
Any fragile or weak parts that are uber-expensive or else downright unobtainable?
Thanks!

Mostly just the typical pin buying check list. Give the PF a good once over for damage, look at the condition of the boards (any hacks? etc), check for a credit dot, etc.

If it were me, I would be closely looking at the condition of rudy himself, run through the rudy test to make sure all his parts function (mouth opens, eyelids open normal, open wide, his eyes move left and right)

good luck

#1126 5 years ago

Mostly just the typical pin buying check list. Give the PF a good once over for damage, look at the condition of the boards (any hacks? etc), check for a credit dot, etc.
If it were me, I would be closely looking at the condition of rudy himself, run through the rudy test to make sure all his parts function (mouth opens, eyelids open normal, open wide, his eyes move left and right)
good luck

Perfect, thank you!

#1127 5 years ago

good luck

Scoop wear, functioning trapdoor.

Good advice with Rudy, but with the exception of the head shells, everything else involved with fixing Rudy is available, and restoring his operation isn't as difficult as the reputation says.

#1128 5 years ago

Hey guys, Im chasing a Rudy front and back head, anyone have anything? Preferably NOS.

Thanks in advance

#1129 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Good advice with Rudy, but with the exception of the head shells, everything else involved with fixing Rudy is available, and restoring his operation isn't as difficult as the reputation says.

Yeah good point, the Rudy stuff wasnt meant as a litmus test to buy or not buy, just to make sure you are aware of the condition vs price.

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Thanks for all the excellent advice. As it turns out, the game was pretty rough, not even considering the seller's bottom line, so I'm still on the hunt.

#1131 5 years ago

what would be the best glue to glue some cracks in the back of Rudy's head? They start at the mounting screw holes and go into his ears. ........figured I would glue from the inside

#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

what would be the best glue to glue some cracks in the back of Rudy's head? They start at the mounting screw holes and go into his ears. ........figured I would glue from the inside

Maybe some five minute epoxy over some fiberglass mesh? You may want to test the epoxy on a descrete bit of the plastic first to make sure it won’t melt it.

#1133 5 years ago

Has anyone found a replacement for the trapdoor crank assembly (Williams part A-14160)? Mine is worn pretty flat.

#1135 5 years ago

sorry just seen that they are currently out of stock

#1136 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

sorry just seen that they are currently out of stock

Everyone seems to be out of stock.

#1137 5 years ago

Guys, I have reached out to Pam at Pinbits 3 times with no reply. Trying again to see if anyone here has any ramp flaps? I really only need the one on the metal guide in the plunger launch lane.

Thanks!

#1138 5 years ago

Anyone know what would cause my FH sounds to start distorting after turning game on and playing for about 10 min.? Caps?
I have reversed ribbon cable and checked spkr wire connection. Have not reseated IC's yet.

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Guys, I have reached out to Pam at Pinbits 3 times with no reply. Trying again to see if anyone here has any ramp flaps? I really only need the one on the metal guide in the plunger launch lane.
Thanks!

Did you try calling? she didnt respond to my email either.

#1140 5 years ago

Well i pulled all the chips out of their sockets, took a isopropyl alcohol pad and wiped them reinstalled them correctly waited about a minute turn the game on now there's no sound at all. Suggestions?

#1141 5 years ago
Quoted from Heaterguy:

Well i pulled all the chips out of their sockets, took a isopropyl alcohol pad and wiped them reinstalled them correctly waited about a minute turn the game on now there's no sound at all. Suggestions?

Check to make sure the chips in your sound card are seated correctly. Sometimes when you remove and re-insert a chip, one of the legs can fold under the chip, and not make contact with the socket.

#1142 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Check to make sure the chips in your sound card are seated correctly. Sometimes when you remove and re-insert a chip, one of the legs can fold under the chip, and not make contact with the socket.

Removed and reinstalled 2nd time, verified all pins are correct, still no sound. I am pretty sure my problem is in one of these sockets. Is it possible they are corroded down inside? The pins did not look bad however some of the sockets looked Dusty I wiped the socket surfaces but did not spray anything into the sockets not sure if that was a good idea. The reason I did this was because after initial power-up and getting the one dang I would play the game for 10 minutes and the sound would degrade and distort badly as it heated up. I haven't been able to find anything in the pinside knowledge base about distorting sound on a funhouse.

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from Heaterguy:

Removed and reinstalled 2nd time, verified all pins are correct, still no sound. I am pretty sure my problem is in one of these sockets. Is it possible they are corroded down inside? The pins did not look bad however some of the sockets looked Dusty I wiped the socket surfaces but did not spray anything into the sockets not sure if that was a good idea. The reason I did this was because after initial power-up and getting the one dang I would play the game for 10 minutes and the sound would degrade and distort badly as it heated up. I haven't been able to find anything in the pinside knowledge base about distorting sound on a funhouse.

Distorted sound could be any number of problems with the sound board. It is possible that a bad connection at one of the chips is not keeping the board from booting. With the chips in the board, you could use the wiring diagram to check for continuity between the legs of the chips, and the next component downstream on the board.

#1144 5 years ago

UPDATE.... after reseeding all the chips for the 4th time now the sound works perfectly and does not distort so far....fingers crossed...

#1145 5 years ago

Looking for a few new or nice used plastics as shown..........and does anyone know where the big yellow rectangle goes?

plastics (resized).jpgplastics (resized).jpg
#1146 5 years ago

Rudy's lips on my machine have taken a beating. Has anyone figured out the exact color red of the original that would match if I wanted to touch up the missing paint spots?

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Rudy's lips on my machine have taken a beating. Has anyone figured out the exact color red of the original that would match if I wanted to touch up the missing paint spots?

Even if you had the exact brand and color of the original paint, I don't think it would match. Reds in general are the worst for fading over time. I don't think you will be able to repaint the lips without doing some color mixing.

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Even if you had the exact brand and color of the original paint, I don't think it would match. Reds in general are the worst for fading over time. I don't think you will be able to repaint the lips without doing some color mixing.

Ahhh gotcha. Thanks! Maybe I'll get him some Mr. Potato Head lips instead.

#1149 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

Looking for a few new or nice used plastics as shown..........and does anyone know where the big yellow rectangle goes?
[quoted image]

This is a good question... this part don't come with the plastic set... only sold separately

#1150 5 years ago

it is included with the new CPR set.....but no idea what it is for or where it goes...........anyone have the other plastics that I am looking for?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/23?hl=zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.