20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 102.
#1051 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

That's a weird looking Funhouse! Whirlwind has a different board set, but that connector is definitely toast and likely has to do with at least some of your problems.

Sorry sir, im deleting the post.

1 week later
#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Okay just thought I’d mention this, but the eyes on my Funhouse are now working. I changed the batteries in my game after they went dead and now the eyes are working fine..

Sometimes you catch a break. Congrats

#1053 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Lol, weird yesterday when I cleaned those connectors and tried the game out nothing change meaning it didn’t work. Now today when I started playing it his eyes started working. Who knows!

Check that the plates that the solenoids sit on aren’t loose, have the plastic centering spacers, and reflow the solder on the solenoid wires. Rudy’s head is less complex than you might think it is. Sometimes taking him apart and putting himback together will show you what the problem is. Also check to see that the springs are in the right direction

Quoted from pacman11:

Now it’s working again.. weird

#1054 5 years ago

Anyone else feel that the 12 on the clock is not bright enough?

A friend suggested soldering an extra flex head led onto a flex head led to get more light.

Anyone else done this yet? I only had one flex led, which is installed on the lighted pic, and it did improve the appearance, but I suspect when I get another and solder them together it will fill the 12 out nicely

72F8D9A4-9441-48E7-BE66-F11D0D42504F (resized).jpeg72F8D9A4-9441-48E7-BE66-F11D0D42504F (resized).jpeg93E0D528-B11B-4E0C-84AD-C7550C4DFE45 (resized).jpeg93E0D528-B11B-4E0C-84AD-C7550C4DFE45 (resized).jpegCAC7E396-562C-4CDC-A350-8DFAAEC0EED6 (resized).jpegCAC7E396-562C-4CDC-A350-8DFAAEC0EED6 (resized).jpeg
#1055 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

A friend suggested soldering an extra flex head led onto a flex head led to get more light.
Anyone else done this yet? I only had one flex led, which is installed on the lighted pic, and it did improve the appearance, but I suspect when I get another and solder them together it will fill the 12 out nicely

Awesome idea. Gonna try that this weekend. I will post pics when I'm done.

I was thinking it needed more light too. But adding another bulb never crossed my mind.
Thanks for the

#1056 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

This insert is too big for 1 led. Adding more brightness is not the right way, dual flex is the good solution.
I did the same in my Indiana Jones.
Dual flex head is available.

image_00851_1_484x484 (resized).jpgimage_00851_1_484x484 (resized).jpg
#1057 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Awesome idea. Gonna try that this weekend. I will post pics when I'm done.
I was thinking it needed more light too. But adding another bulb never crossed my mind.
Thanks for the

Please post pics of where you added the additional bulb too. I’m not sure paralleling them as shown in Davi’s post is the right way since the insert we are trying to light is so long. When I do mine, I’m going to try adding the new wires higher up on the first flex bulb.

Also with the need to twist in the socket, it will take some creative bending to snake the flex bulbs in such that they’ll land properly in the insert.

#1058 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

Please post pics of where you added the additional bulb too. I’m not sure paralleling them as shown in Davi’s post is the right way since the insert we are trying to light is so long. When I do mine, I’m going to try adding the new wires higher up on the first flex bulb.
Also with the need to twist in the socket, it will take some creative bending to snake the flex bulbs in such that they’ll land properly in the insert.

This is how it looks in IJ.

20180721_190527(0) (resized).jpg20180721_190527(0) (resized).jpg
#1059 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is how it looks in IJ.

Very nice! I just noticed that Cointaker has the double flex where the bulbs are at different lengths

558D96C7-8798-4BEE-A50A-C0407E59A253 (resized).jpeg558D96C7-8798-4BEE-A50A-C0407E59A253 (resized).jpeg
#1060 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

Check that the plates that the solenoids sit on aren’t loose, have the plastic centering spacers, and reflow the solder on the solenoid wires. Rudy’s head is less complex than you might think it is. Sometimes taking him apart and putting himback together will show you what the problem is. Also check to see that the springs are in the right direction

As I was playing again the other day I noticed the eyes closing and seems like something is sticking a little by the eyes. Might have to take apart the eyes again to see if I messed something up.. But like I said it test mode everything works fine..

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

Very nice! I just noticed that Cointaker has the double flex where the bulbs are at different lengths

Before and after. Space is very limited, there is a flasher.
Need to move leds a bit back to reduce spot effect.

20180721_203423 (resized).jpg20180721_203423 (resized).jpg20180721_205122 (resized).jpg20180721_205122 (resized).jpg
#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

Right, you need something similar, 1 short, 1 long neck. I think this type is not good, a rotated one is required (this type lights up the lampcard, not the insert, you can't twist it by 180 degree).

#1063 5 years ago

Looks better in person. I just copied how the cointaker bulb was made.

Hard to take a pic in attract mode too.

But it's better than it was. I'm going to play around with it. And see if I can get it to be perfect.

IMG_20180721_190248252_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180721_190248252_LL (resized).jpg

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Looks better in person. I just copied how the cointaker bulb was made.
Hard to take a pic in attract mode too.
But it's better than it was. I'm going to play around with it. And see if I can get it to be perfect.

We’re onto something! I wonder if 3 bulbs in parallel would work? Your 12 definitely looks better. I’m not sure why the CT bulb has one bulb reversed, but did you do that as well or did you flip ?

#1065 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Right, you need something similar, 1 short, 1 long neck. I think this type is not good, a rotated one is required (this type lights up the lampcard, not the insert, you can't twist it by 180 degree).

Can you explain why you think a rotated one is required? I’m not sure I understand your reply as you say this bulb is not good, but indicate that a rotated bulb is necessary, but the pic I posted shows a rotated bulb. Thanks for the help

#1066 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Before and after. Space is very limited, there is a flasher.
Need to move leds a bit back to reduce spot effect.

This is what I am after for the 12 insert.

Are you using orange bulbs for your 1,2,3,...11 inserts?

my opinion white look more original in those locations. I was disappointed in my LED kit that came with orange bulbs for those inserts, but that’s just my opinion. Too much orange in the center for me.

The white bulbs I put in make the Clock have more definition.

#1067 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

We’re onto something! I wonder if 3 bulbs in parallel would work? Your 12 definitely looks better. I’m not sure why the CT bulb has one bulb reversed, but did you do that as well or did you flip ?

Basically this.

IMG_20180721_225830869_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180721_225830869_LL (resized).jpg
#1068 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

Can you explain why you think a rotated one is required? I’m not sure I understand your reply as you say this bulb is not good, but indicate that a rotated bulb is necessary, but the pic I posted shows a rotated bulb. Thanks for the help

See Erak's post #1067. The light direction is "up". If you bend CT led's, direction will be "down".

20180722_083006 (resized).jpg20180722_083006 (resized).jpg
#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

my opinion white look more original in those locations. I was disappointed in my LED kit that came with orange bulbs for those inserts, but that’s just my opinion. Too much orange in the center for me.

Yes, I have some orange. I am trying different led's at the clock (orange, warm white, cold white) to find the best. You are right, orange is too much.

#1070 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

I think I used orange on the outer and yellow on the inner circle.

#1071 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

See Erak's post #1067. The light direction is "up". If you bend CT led's, direction will be "down".

True. But you could just bend the bulbs to face up. At the leads on the led boards base. You don't need to twist them.

#1072 5 years ago

Ok while working on my FH restoration, I came across something odd on my serial number decal. Anyone else have a 'low power' Funhouse?
FUNHOUSE (resized).jpgFUNHOUSE (resized).jpg

#1073 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Ok while working on my FH restoration, I came across something odd on my serial number decal. Anyone else have a 'low power' Funhouse?
[quoted image]

Mine is 8 amps...

20180727_133708 (resized).jpg20180727_133708 (resized).jpg
#1074 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

See Erak's post #1067. The light direction is "up". If you bend CT led's, direction will be "down".[quoted image]

I finally “fixed” my 12. I used three orange flex LEDs. You have to remove the clock Bulb panel to get the flex Bulbs oriented correctly, but it looks even better than the picture shows.

386FB2B2-E102-4D18-A442-D0EBDB5B800D (resized).jpeg386FB2B2-E102-4D18-A442-D0EBDB5B800D (resized).jpeg6808593D-21BA-4DEF-9D74-A1E82168F37E (resized).jpeg6808593D-21BA-4DEF-9D74-A1E82168F37E (resized).jpeg
#1075 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

See Erak's post #1067. The light direction is "up". If you bend CT led's, direction will be "down".[quoted image]

You just pull the bulbs out and re-orient them. They’re not polarity sensitive

#1076 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

True. But you could just bend the bulbs to face up. At the leads on the led boards base. You don't need to twist them.

Is the Cointaker version flexible enough, especially the short neck?

#1077 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

I finally “fixed” my 12. I used three orange flex LEDs. You have to remove the clock Bulb panel to get the flex Bulbs oriented correctly, but it looks even better than the picture shows.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice setup!

#1078 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Is the Cointaker version flexible enough, especially the short neck?

Yup it is.

#1079 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

I finally “fixed” my 12. I used three orange flex LEDs. You have to remove the clock Bulb panel to get the flex Bulbs oriented correctly, but it looks even better than the picture shows.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that solider station this?...
WLXY JM-508A Multi-functional LED Magnifying Glass

I gotta get one with a iron holder and light.
That's great! I use this.

1532750467120250626314347926229 (resized).jpg1532750467120250626314347926229 (resized).jpg
#1080 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

[quoted image]

Mine is also 8 amps.

#1081 5 years ago

Proud to finally be in the club!

IMG_6021 (resized).jpgIMG_6021 (resized).jpg
#1082 5 years ago

Thanks. These are cointaker LEDS. I’m happy with the result

#1083 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Is that solider station this?...
WLXY JM-508A Multi-functional LED Magnifying Glass
I gotta get one with a iron holder and light.
That's great! I use this.
[quoted image]

I got mine at Harbor Freight. I believe it said “helping hands” on the box. I’ve had it for a couple years.

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Proud to finally be in the club!
[quoted image]

Welcome! nice lineup BTW

#1085 5 years ago

hey guys, any idea where i can find that part?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

is this that P/N#?
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MX-02-4020

1 week later
#1086 5 years ago

Hello to all, maybe someone can help me!!
The eyes of Rudy are not moving to the right, all the rest is ok.

Ive check the coils inside rudy and they all seam ok, is possible to measure if i have power on that J122
Maybe the coil responsable for moving the eyes to the right, is not receiving power..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1087 5 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

hey guys, any idea where i can find that part?
[quoted image]
is this that P/N#?
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MX-02-4020

That is the correct part number, and good luck finding it. I've been looking for two of those for months; why nobody (looking at you, Marco) has reproduced such an easy-to-reproduce part is absurd.

#1088 5 years ago

You should be able to find them at Ace Hardware. I've gotten some in different lengths.

#1089 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello to all, maybe someone can help me!!
The eyes of Rudy are not moving to the right, all the rest is ok.
Ive check the coils inside rudy and they all seam ok, is possible to measure if i have power on that J122
Maybe the coil responsable for moving the eyes to the right, is not receiving power..
[quoted image]

Is fixed, just need to resolder one of the coils measure it with DC and at the end of the lug i was not receiving the correct voltage.

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

You should be able to find them at Ace Hardware. I've gotten some in different lengths.

that's where i ended up picking up an aluminum spacer non threaded. The main issue with mine was that the previous screw was broken into the PF...

#1091 5 years ago

Hi guys, in the middle of a restore. Does anyone know about this strange rubber tape that the factory put under the ramp flaps? It appears to be about 1/16 " thick and it has double sided adhesive. The green is the adhesive backing that they didn't remove.

Does this serve a purpose? should I try to replace it under my ramp flaps?

rubber tape (resized).jpgrubber tape (resized).jpg
#1092 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hi guys, in the middle of a restore. Does anyone know about this strange rubber tape that the factory put under the ramp flaps? It appears to be about 1/16 " thick and it has double sided adhesive. The green is the adhesive backing that they didn't remove.
Does this serve a purpose? should I try to replace it under my ramp flaps?
[quoted image]

There was a post from another Pinsider earlier about this. It is needed. I used 3M mounting tape and left on one side of the red plastic covering. The other side was removed to stick it down. I did this when I replaced the playfield recently.

#1093 5 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

There was a post from another Pinsider earlier about this. It is needed. I used 3M mounting tape and left on one side of the red plastic covering. The other side was removed to stick it down. I did this when I replaced the playfield recently.

Thanks. Any idea where this was posted about? Was it in FH thread or in another thread? Do you have a link for the 3M stuff you used? thanks.

#1094 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Thanks. Any idea where this was posted about? Was it in FH thread or in another thread? Do you have a link for the 3M stuff you used? thanks.

It is in this FH thread. You can get the mounting tape at Walmart or Home Depot or Lowe's. I got 1/2" and 3/4" widths. I use it for many things in my pins.

#1095 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I cannot find the earlier post here. I may be wrong. Do a Forum search for ramp padding. There are lots of posts to look at.

#1096 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I'm in the same boat (might have been me that previously posted asking about it). I decided to just get this and cut down to size if needed:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=0500-9851

#1097 5 years ago

Thanks. On a related note - anyone know where I can buy the ramp flaps? Seems Pinbits is sold out and so is Marco Specialties.

Anyone have on hand that they would sell?

#1098 5 years ago

The problem I encountered was when I replaced my Funhouse ramps with repros the screws at the ramp flaps wouldn't hold the ramps down because the plastic is thicker.

#1099 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Thanks. On a related note - anyone know where I can buy the ramp flaps? Seems Pinbits is sold out and so is Marco Specialties.

Send them an email and ask. They were sold out when i tried to get mine but Cliffy gave me the tip to reach out and they ended up selling me a set.

#1100 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Quoted from Elicash:
Send them an email and ask. They were sold out when i tried to get mine but Cliffy give me the tip to reach out and they ended up selling me a set.

Pam has treated me awesome. I asked about out of stock TZ ramp flaps and she found a set that were opened and not perfect and sent them to me. I offered to pay and she wouldn't accept money because the package was opened at one time. They ended up being brand new and perfect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/22?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.