IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 101.
#951 5 years ago

This is from the OCD board, but I believe these 2 connectors go to 133 and 134. The manual has color codes as well.

2018-04-26 21.33.18 (resized).jpg2018-04-26 21.33.18 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#952 5 years ago

I have a Brand New Clear Makrolon Full Playfield Protector For a Funhouse - never Installed - It is the Newer Makrolon version, not the original that had Ball hangup issues by switches. Paid $120+ Ship for it. Its made by Playfield Protectors in Germany.

$80 and can meet Friday 5/4 at Allentown Show early afternoon. PM if interested.

#953 5 years ago

Seriously this start button thing is starting to piss me off. Can anyone tell me where I'm supposed to be looking? Bulb is brand new.

#954 5 years ago

This was uploaded by ZaZa a couple of years ago. Hope it helps

CB046939-C370-4204-B7C2-C6CFE6AF659E (resized).jpegCB046939-C370-4204-B7C2-C6CFE6AF659E (resized).jpeg

#955 5 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

This was uploaded by ZaZa a couple of years ago. Hope it helps

This is precisely what I needed. Thank you so much!

#956 5 years ago

Hi all in the club. My lock bar is stuffed - is it a 3 or 4 ball game - can't see it in the manual. Thankyou!

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all in the club. My lock bar is stuffed - is it a 3 or 4 ball game - can't see it in the manual. Thankyou!

3 Ball

1 week later
#958 5 years ago

Just removed Rudy’s head for some maintance issues. His eyes stopped working (open and closing)and installed some new parts. I hear it’s pretty common that those plastic pieces break that are responsible for is eyes and mine was broke. It’s fixed now!

87931FD0-B1E7-44E7-AF18-A138C7445468 (resized).jpeg87931FD0-B1E7-44E7-AF18-A138C7445468 (resized).jpeg

8D241DF0-F919-4AE0-AE3B-426CAC642BCD (resized).jpeg8D241DF0-F919-4AE0-AE3B-426CAC642BCD (resized).jpeg

#959 5 years ago

Good work! The heads are not as bad as their reputation is.

#960 5 years ago

His head is much easier to work on then you may read. Good work

#961 5 years ago

...and people say Rudy is creepy????

B748B214-45C7-4C1E-AC7D-63DB30307EA1 (resized).jpegB748B214-45C7-4C1E-AC7D-63DB30307EA1 (resized).jpeg

DCEFB291-37CF-465C-B2AE-1478125E60ED (resized).jpegDCEFB291-37CF-465C-B2AE-1478125E60ED (resized).jpeg

0194D8AB-3D0A-4FBA-923E-E12168A8A248 (resized).jpeg0194D8AB-3D0A-4FBA-923E-E12168A8A248 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#962 5 years ago

Kind of odd that in almost 1000 posts, no one has mentioned their results from installing a Pinsound. Funhouse is the only game so far to receive a complete sound makeover from Pinsound and they offer 3 varieties currently:

1) the original sound/callouts - these sound better on the Pinsound as the electronics are far superior to a stock game - more amplifier, treble/bass controls, separate cab/backbox volumes, no hissing/popping/buzzing, etc. Combined with an external subwoofer, this is a very nice improvement over the original sound board.

2) the "enhanced" version - basically new callouts and the original music REMASTERED in glorious hifi. The new remastered music is nothing short of phenomenal - no compression artifacts, better highs, better lows. It really modernizes the game and makes it feel brand new. The callouts are re-recorded and sound much cleaner - but it's not the same voice as the original. He does a good job, but I still kind of prefer the original as that's what I'm used to. I will say it does grow on you though.

3) the "ultimate" version - a complete new soundtrack along with the re-recorded callouts. To be honest, I wasn't blown away with the demo video on their website initially. I also played it at TPF and just didn't get far enough into the game and it was still hard to hear with the headphones. HOWEVER - after trying it out at home, I can say I really like it. It has a European feel to it which is fun. The sleep music, the 11:45 music, the jackpot music and the game over music are awesome. There are several tracks - quick 2 ball and superdog that made me laugh out loud. In short, well worth the $10 if you plan on installing the Pinsound. It's certainly the best Pinsound remix on the market.

x) the "missing" version - I asked Nicolas at TPF why they didn't release a version with the remastered music and the original callouts. This IMO would be the best of both worlds - the original music in hifi and the original Rudy (albeit compressed Low FI). He said this is entirely possible and on his list of things to do, but it hasn't showed up yet on the website.

In the end, I'm happy I gave it a spin and it will stay in my Funhouse permanently - thanks Pinsound guys!

#963 5 years ago

I have 4 pinsound boards one in Funhosue, BSD, World Cup Soccer and Getaway. Love them all would love to have it for earlier system 11 games like F14. The Getaway compilations are amazing. I would really like a new compilation for World Cup Soccer.
Joe

#964 5 years ago

Very keen to see how the pinsound goes in this title - using the pinsound plus board this time around which I haven't been able to get as nice mixes from compared to the original with the lack of EQ separation for top and bottom. I have alot of ideas for music and effects and have started collecting samples.

I have finished my cab restore and about 70% done on the play field...lots of little hiccups along the way with this one but hoping they are all behind me.

I have themed this a bit darker and scarier and have gone custom decals to match the original apron and speaker panel better. I know not everyone's cup of tea but I am loving especially in the satin finish with chrome plate trim. Still deciding on shooters.. Doing this on my next restore T2 as well.
New supplier for the leg / cab protectors came out exactly right clearance...see pic.

Also my first custom paint job from a supplier on Rudy....stay tuned...its a might be a trap!

20180530_152406 (resized).jpg20180530_152406 (resized).jpg20180531_070827 (resized).jpg20180531_070827 (resized).jpg20180609_120313 (resized).jpg20180609_120313 (resized).jpg
#965 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Kind of odd that in almost 1000 posts, no one has mentioned their results from installing a Pinsound. Funhouse is the only game so far to receive a complete sound makeover from Pinsound and they offer 3 varieties currently:
1) the original sound/callouts - these sound better on the Pinsound as the electronics are far superior to a stock game - more amplifier, treble/bass controls, separate cab/backbox volumes, no hissing/popping/buzzing, etc. Combined with an external subwoofer, this is a very nice improvement over the original sound board.
2) the "enhanced" version - basically new callouts and the original music REMASTERED in glorious hifi. The new remastered music is nothing short of phenomenal - no compression artifacts, better highs, better lows. It really modernizes the game and makes it feel brand new. The callouts are re-recorded and sound much cleaner - but it's not the same voice as the original. He does a good job, but I still kind of prefer the original as that's what I'm used to. I will say it does grow on you though.
3) the "ultimate" version - a complete new soundtrack along with the re-recorded callouts. To be honest, I wasn't blown away with the demo video on their website initially. I also played it at TPF and just didn't get far enough into the game and it was still hard to hear with the headphones. HOWEVER - after trying it out at home, I can say I really like it. It has a European feel to it which is fun. The sleep music, the 11:45 music, the jackpot music and the game over music are awesome. There are several tracks - quick 2 ball and superdog that made me laugh out loud. In short, well worth the $10 if you plan on installing the Pinsound. It's certainly the best Pinsound remix on the market.
x) the "missing" version - I asked Nicolas at TPF why they didn't release a version with the remastered music and the original callouts. This IMO would be the best of both worlds - the original music in hifi and the original Rudy (albeit compressed Low FI). He said this is entirely possible and on his list of things to do, but it hasn't showed up yet on the website.
In the end, I'm happy I gave it a spin and it will stay in my Funhouse permanently - thanks Pinsound guys!

For me Pinsound is one of those things that I don't think I would ever be happy using simply because the sounds of these games are iconic.

This is mostly how I look at "up to dating" 80s & 90s pins:

1) LEDs - obvious power and heat reduction benefits, with LED & GI OCD you get close to what the original designers intended.

2) Speaker upgrade - like everything the speakers in these machines were specced to a budget. They can be replaced with no external change to the machine, and are often drop-in replacements so don't require modifications. This can be enough to improve audibility and quality of callouts, etc.

3) Changing sounds & music - why would I want to change what in many cases were a labour of love for the original designers? Why would I want more modern sounds to come from a Twilight Zone pin?

For me changing sounds & music would be like changing things on the playfield, or putting an "updated" translite in, or changing the decals from the original ones (fading notwithstanding). Up-to-dating old machines is missing the point in my opinion. The fact it's an 80s or 90s machine is the point for me.

#966 5 years ago

Totally respect that. For me Pinsound has been unbelievable - a game changer. Taking already good titles to the next level.
I also appreciate when you have your own machines you can do whatever you want to them.

Like that black and white Twilight zone forum topic - that thing is beautiful imo.

So missing the point for you....is making the point for others.....

#967 5 years ago

True, true. One man's wine is another man's poison after all. There's no objectively right or wrong way at the end of the day, there's whatever makes people individually happy.

Case in point - LEDs. I like them and fit them everywhere, but I can understand why people would eschew them for incandescents because they want their pins to be 100% authentic.

#968 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

For me Pinsound is one of those things that I don't think I would ever be happy using simply because the sounds of these games are iconic.

You can still use the original sounds with Pinsound while enjoying the upgraded sound circuitry. It makes a much bigger difference than just changing the speakers out.

I enjoy the original music/callouts - but it's fun to spice things up too. I can run all 3 sound packages I discussed above and change them out on the fly (even mid-game). My son and I played a two player game last night where he used the original sounds and I used the alternate.

#969 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

More
This is mostly how I look at "up to dating" 80s & 90s pins:
1) LEDs - obvious power and heat reduction benefits, with LED & GI OCD you get close to what the original designers intended.
2) Speaker upgrade - like everything the speakers in these machines were specced to a budget. They can be replaced with no external change to the machine, and are often drop-in replacements so don't require modifications. This can be enough to improve audibility and quality of callouts, etc.
3) Changing sounds & music - why would I want to change what in many cases were a labour of love for the original designers? Why would I want more modern sounds to come from a Twilight Zone pin?
For me changing sounds & music would be like changing things on the playfield, or putting an "updated" translite in, or changing the decals from the original ones (fading notwithstanding). Up-to-dating old machines is missing the point in my opinion. The fact it's an 80s or 90s machine is the point for me.

There is an assumption that the PinSound must change the original sounds when installed, but that is only an option. Many games (especially DCS and WPC95 games) do not require a new sound mix - although it is definitely a plus for (certain) games. FunHouse I can see wanting to keep original, but the extra bass and tone controls you get, plus the stereo enhancement is a major upside you do not get with Flipper Fidelity type upgrades. It is twice the price of the FF upgrades yes, but it’s way more than twice the benefit. And no you do not need to upgrade the speakers after installing a PinSound (although it does help especially if you like really deep bass)

#970 5 years ago

Thanks, consider me educated Will have to relook at it.

#971 5 years ago

Alright so after rebuilding Rudy's head I am experiencing an issue with his eyes not opening during gameplay. Thought it was a bad relay board so I replacement with a new one and that didn't help. During test mode the eyes open and close like they should but during gameplay nothing. Any thoughts?

#972 5 years ago

Where do you guys inside Europe order your Insert Decals?!

any of you guys have ordered from here?
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/funhouse/3649/insert-decals-for-funhouse

Thanks

#973 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright so after rebuilding Rudy's head I am experiencing an issue with his eyes not opening during gameplay. Thought it was a bad relay board so I replacement with a new one and that didn't help. During test mode the eyes open and close like they should but during gameplay nothing. Any thoughts?

Check to see if they are disabled in the menu, I believe it is an option.

#974 5 years ago

Is there a fifth lane guide on this playfield? For some reason I have 5 from my tear down, but can only locate 4 in all the hundreds of photos I took...

The 4 I reinstalled are in below photo. Any idea as to where I might be missing one?

D05C501A-E7FB-4AD4-B17B-76CE5A0B5541 (resized).jpegD05C501A-E7FB-4AD4-B17B-76CE5A0B5541 (resized).jpeg
#975 5 years ago

Left shooter lane

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#976 5 years ago

Thanks!!

Those damn holes are barely dimpled after the clear on that side. Will get them drilled out and install in the morning now.

#977 5 years ago

I'm up to about the same stage on my project. So many little things going wrong...I think my Rudy is real!

20180617_053511_resized (resized).jpg20180617_053511_resized (resized).jpg
#978 5 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I'm up to about the same stage on my project. So many little things going wrong...I think my Rudy is real!

Are those Reese rails on there? Strongly recommend them.

#979 5 years ago

On my pin, the vinyl over the cheap wood was lifting on the rails. Built a new set out of red oak with saw, router, and razor blades. I think Reese uses white oak, but similar result.

Waiting on my last few orders to come in from PBL, Marco’s, and Comet. Might have this beast done in a couple weeks.

Cut a new light board for the back box last night. Was an interesting step, went quicker than expected. Old one was warped.

#980 5 years ago

Nice one. No not Reece rails I make my own as well but I use Tasmanian Oak - gotta keep it a bit local

Another mod I've been doing now for a long time on my machines is attaching polished s/steel to the rails where exposed. Looks nice.

20180617_100656_resized (resized).jpg20180617_100656_resized (resized).jpg
#981 5 years ago

Ugh, wish I was far as you guys with my swap. I am still trying to wrap up the lower cab, then the backbox, then apply decals.. then it's on to populating the PF.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-my-first-restoration-help-me-not-botch-this

20180616_092904 (resized).jpg20180616_092904 (resized).jpg

#982 5 years ago

I was in your spot a month or two ago. It can move along quickly once all the cabinet prep work is done.

That being said, I disassembled this pin 18 months ago. Heart attack cost me about 8 months delay...

Playfield swap has gone much smoother than expected so far.

#983 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Where do you guys inside Europe order your Insert Decals?!
any of you guys have ordered from here?
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/funhouse/3649/insert-decals-for-funhouse

Pinball.Center is all right. I buy a lot of stuff from them.

#984 5 years ago

anyone looking to sell their FH?

#985 5 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Playfield swap has gone much smoother than expected so far.

You might have just jinxed yourself...

#986 5 years ago

Just checked in the settings for my FH and there’s no way to disable the eyes only the jaw of Rudy. During test mode Rudy’s eyes all work fine but during game play they don’t open or close.. Strange any thoughts?

#987 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just checked in the settings for my FH and there’s no way to disable the eyes only the jaw of Rudy. During test mode Rudy’s eyes all work fine but during game play they don’t open or close.. Strange any thoughts?

Can you post a video? Specifically when a ball hits his jaw the eyelids should go full open, and when he goes to sleep they should close.

#988 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Can you post a video? Specifically when a ball hits his jaw the eyelids should go full open, and when he goes to sleep they should close.

Yeah his eyes don’t open at all during gameplay.

#989 5 years ago

Anyone have a list of the essential coil sleeves needed for a funhouse when doing a restoration?
thanks!

#990 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Anyone have a list of the essential coil sleeves needed for a funhouse when doing a restoration?
thanks!

Pinball Life sells a coil sleeve kit for Funhouse. Easier in my opinion to just buy all.

#991 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Pinball Life sells a coil sleeve kit for Funhouse. Easier in my opinion to just buy all.

Link? I'd be interested in this as well but can't seem to find it. (or do you just have to reach out and ask them)

#992 5 years ago

I never found one on PBL website, but here is the Marco's link and a list:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CS1297

qty1 : 03-7066-5
qty10 : 03-7066
qty1 : 03-7067-5
qty2 : 03-7067

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

thanks!

CS1297 is the Marco coil sleeve kit number.

#994 5 years ago

Cost was $7.95 when I got one.

#995 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks guys

#996 5 years ago

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I am just about done with the playfield restoration/swap. Next up will be the cabinet.

IMG_7207 (resized).JPGIMG_7207 (resized).JPG
#997 5 years ago

Ive recentlly join the Fun House CLUB great machine
Im restoring it, but i have a small question, my rudy eyes dont look right and dont close, first step, check the Q26 and Q22 ?!?

#998 5 years ago

First step would be strip mech and see what’s broken. More than likely a snapped plunger. If it were the resistors there would likely be smoke assuming the coils aren’t disconnected

#999 5 years ago

Someone help a schematically challenged person? Have a wire that is off on the stand-up targets. In the picture you can see there is a yellow wire that jumps from one target to the next. The far right wire was off and it appears it would go to the last target to the left. This is what I want to confirm as well as the tab it's to connect too! Thanks!

IMG_E0057[1] (resized).JPGIMG_E0057[1] (resized).JPG
#1000 5 years ago
IMG_3557 (resized).JPGIMG_3557 (resized).JPGIMG_3558 (resized).JPGIMG_3558 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 22.50
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/20?hl=kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.