IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1624 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1625 (resized).jpeg
badnos (resized).jpg
IMG_5916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9700 (resized).jpeg

There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 101.
#901 6 years ago

I'm not sure if this is happening because of installing a new Rottendog Led display or just a coincidence but all of a sudden the ball will not kick out into the shooter Lane. Any ideas? Thanks

1 week later
#902 6 years ago

Ha Funhouse friends, please make me a member of the club, my Funhouse is just finished after a complete restoration, everything tackled, new playing field, cabinet, plastics, ramps, etc.
For me the best pin ever made (and the road show of course)

864FB711-F9B8-4DC6-8E83-439E518E6CB3 (resized).jpeg864FB711-F9B8-4DC6-8E83-439E518E6CB3 (resized).jpeg

270B1F21-297B-4F8E-BD34-DB52858997F3 (resized).jpeg270B1F21-297B-4F8E-BD34-DB52858997F3 (resized).jpeg

0A390BED-ACA4-4B98-95EB-E674599B7B34 (resized).jpeg0A390BED-ACA4-4B98-95EB-E674599B7B34 (resized).jpeg

94D49E4E-2D76-4B97-821E-7FE828488EF8 (resized).jpeg94D49E4E-2D76-4B97-821E-7FE828488EF8 (resized).jpeg

AA45683F-A515-43D4-9289-C6FFA6FA673E (resized).jpegAA45683F-A515-43D4-9289-C6FFA6FA673E (resized).jpeg

D1CC4339-66B4-48EE-A805-C3E56D8203C8 (resized).jpegD1CC4339-66B4-48EE-A805-C3E56D8203C8 (resized).jpeg

#903 6 years ago

When you appreciate that, there are many photos of the restoration.

#904 6 years ago

Nice one!

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from Carbonellie:

Ha Funhouse friends, please make me a member of the club, my Funhouse is just finished after a complete restoration, everything tackled, new playing field, cabinet, plastics, ramps, etc.
For me the best pin ever made (and the road show of course)

Nice!
If you would like to avoid wrinkled decals, remove those red plastics behind legs and install hidden Stern metal types instead.
These plastics are good to protect the legs (does it makes sense?), and also good to damage decals.

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Nice!
If you would like to avoid wrinkled decals, remove those red plastics behind legs and install hidden Stern metal types instead.
These plastics are good to protect the legs (does it makes sense?), and also good to damage decals.

Okay, never had any problems with the plastics, but I'll check it out.

2 weeks later
#907 6 years ago

I bought a $500 funhouse a while back and finally had the chance to pick it up from my buddy. I got it home and set it up. Oh man. I don’t think it’s too horrible but I also don’t think it’s going to be easy. It’s really dirty and disassembled. Hopefully I can get it playing first before I decide what to do with it.

EA85890C-F23C-4EBB-9032-3C537F48F58E (resized).jpegEA85890C-F23C-4EBB-9032-3C537F48F58E (resized).jpeg

6E142A94-DD0F-4EC6-9124-EDA66B9E09A1 (resized).jpeg6E142A94-DD0F-4EC6-9124-EDA66B9E09A1 (resized).jpeg

8AD9F422-455C-4636-A2B3-48BAAFD0EC0D (resized).jpeg8AD9F422-455C-4636-A2B3-48BAAFD0EC0D (resized).jpeg

#908 6 years ago

Good luck with your restoration!

#909 6 years ago

I'm wanting to do a flipper job on my FH. Anybody have recommendations on where to order rebuild kits?

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I bought a $500 funhouse a while back and finally had the chance to pick it up from my buddy. I got it home and set it up. Oh man. I don’t think it’s too horrible but I also don’t think it’s going to be easy. It’s really dirty and disassembled. Hopefully I can get it playing first before I decide what to do with it.

O yes there is a lot of work to be done, but even if he is done soon .. then you also have something in your hands

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

It's not that bad to take apart, just pay attention and take lots of pics. Watch the diverter rod, it can be a pain if I remember correctly. Also, remove and clean the subway. That will be filthy.

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I'm wanting to do a flipper job on my FH. Anybody have recommendations on where to order rebuild kits?

Marco or Pinball Life.

#913 6 years ago

I think the main thing with this, is Rudy is taken apart already and looks to be missing a Bunch of stuff and the eyeballs are broken. ill probably start there and then start on the game. I think cleaning will go a long way

#914 6 years ago

I'm in the market for a new funhouse translite. Any recommendations? I don't know if the eBay ones are legit. Is there a certain manufacturer that makes a licensed translite?

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I'm in the market for a new funhouse translite. Any recommendations? I don't know if the eBay ones are legit. Is there a certain manufacturer that makes a licensed translite?

You could go for the Pinball dreams 3D translite

#916 6 years ago

Just got a funhouse last week. I still need to clean it up. And do some tweaks. But overall it's in nice shape.

I like it more than I thought I would.

Just wondering about my inserts above the flippers? 3 on the left are orange and 3 on the right are yellow. They are original to the game.
Also some of the circuit boards are red.

Prototype? Or factory error?

IMG_20180320_195021351 (resized).jpgIMG_20180320_195021351 (resized).jpg

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Just got a funhouse last week. I still need to clean it up. And do some tweaks. But overall it's in nice shape.
Just wondering about my inserts above the flippers? 3 on the left are orange and 3 on the right are yellow. They are original to the game.

I think my FH inserts are 5 orange for Gangway and 1 red for extra ball.

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Mine are all Orange except the extra ball. It's not a sample or really an error, they probably ran out of the orange, and just placed the yellow in there. A buddy of mine has the wrong color for his extra ball insert. just get the games built and sold, don't worry too much about the details.

#919 6 years ago

Got funhouse to boot. I have a ground short row one white/brown and red grey lights are locked on. Have a new rottendog board in it.

#920 6 years ago

For those of you who are missing the lamp shade light from the ramp (so about 60% of us), I've found an easy alternative.

The no-solder light mod from PinballBulbs took about 10 minutes to install and was pretty darn easy - with one caveat. The bulbs that come with the kit are EXTREMELY bright. They are too bright, in fact. Replacing them with regular GI bulbs of your choice provides good light to an otherwise dark area. It's also about half the price of a lamp shade assembly... and that's if you can even find one. Here's a picture for reference after I replaced the provided bulbs with regular bulbs.

20180322_213554 (resized).jpg20180322_213554 (resized).jpg

https://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/universal-double-pinball-spotlight-kit

#921 6 years ago

Ok here is what I found out last night. The current issues I have found are:

1: the flippers always have constant power
2: fuse f103 blows even if all the Rudy stuff is disconnected
3: the ball lock release solenoid is locked and removed, no longer blowing the secondary
4: red/grey lamp matrix is locked on
5: the red wire flasher lamp circuit is locked on.
6: the start button is broke
7: the test switches needs replaced

#922 6 years ago

Found I have a bad cpu!! If I can have mine repaired I’ll orobabky just order a rotten dog

#923 6 years ago

i want to join the club........anybody want to sell theirs?

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

For those of you who are missing the lamp shade light from the ramp (so about 60% of us), I've found an easy alternative.
The no-solder light mod from PinballBulbs took about 10 minutes to install and was pretty darn easy - with one caveat. The bulbs that come with the kit are EXTREMELY bright. They are too bright, in fact. Replacing them with regular GI bulbs of your choice provides good light to an otherwise dark area. It's also about half the price of a lamp shade assembly... and that's if you can even find one. Here's a picture for reference after I replaced the provided bulbs with regular bulbs.

In what language is this FH???

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Ya, the new spotlight bulbs are insane. I agree they would be too bright for lighting Rudy's face. We have a step down with 4 SMD bulbs or even further with a single SMD. If you need anything less bright let me know and I can send something your way!

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from pablotorres:

In what language is this FH???

It's in German. It was reimported to the States sometime before it got to me. I rescued it from a life of mold in a local guy's basement, but at least the price was right. For some reason the batteries just aren't holding settings, and the default is German. I'll look into fixing it one day, but for now I've learned at least learned a few German words!

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Ya, the new spotlight bulbs are insane. I agree they would be too bright for lighting Rudy's face. We have a step down with 4 SMD bulbs or even further with a single SMD. If you need anything less bright let me know and I can send something your way!

Thanks! I find myself constantly messing with lighting these days, but I will forever recommend these spotlight kits to everyone for pretty much any game. Here's how it looks as of today.

20180323_151927 (resized).jpg20180323_151927 (resized).jpg

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Thanks! I find myself constantly messing with lighting these days, but I will forever recommend these spotlight kits to everyone for pretty much any game. Here's how it looks as of today.

Looks sweet!

#929 6 years ago

How difficult is it to fit a full LED kit to this game?

I realise that's a bit of a relative question, but is it fairly straightforward? Any major gotchas or headaches? Does anything substantial have to be removed from the playfield?

Thanks in advance.

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I realise that's a bit of a relative question, but is it fairly straightforward? Any major gotchas or headaches? Does anything substantial have to be removed from the playfield?
Thanks in advance.

On Sterns and Bally/Williams games from about Funhouse and newer are all pretty easy. Most, if not all the GI, can be accessed from under the playfield. Same for inserts. There may be a bulb or two on certain games that are super hard to get too, but not many. However, on data east and system 11 games the GI is stapled in so they need to be accessed from the top which means you need to tear down the top and not access from the bottom easily

1 week later
#931 5 years ago

Looking for a few plastics if anyone has spares laying around. The plastic over the hotdog bank, the one over the s target, the right side of the Rudy entrance, right sling, and the one over the scoop by the pop bumpers.

#932 5 years ago

Well we got funhouse together and playing!! The only issue we had was the left pop bumper coil burnt and the transistor literally blew on for that pop bumper. I need to look and see what caused that. Other than that it’s good!

5CA9D0A0-FEA7-4971-8A60-82AB945A071C (resized).jpeg5CA9D0A0-FEA7-4971-8A60-82AB945A071C (resized).jpeg

7EB30D72-325E-48C1-8A3A-95B22A5CDAAA (resized).jpeg7EB30D72-325E-48C1-8A3A-95B22A5CDAAA (resized).jpeg

#933 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thanks in advance.

I did my funhouse in about 8 hours in between beers and dinner. nothing to be afraid of. It's a good project to get familiar with your machine. I approached this very methodically as it was my first project on this pin. I could have done it much quicker but I wasnt in a hurry, and this machine is staying with me.

!!! do one bulb at a time !!!

I used the Cointaker kit and found it very correct. I suggest making copies of your factory bulb number list and the list that came with the LED kit and double-checking each bulb and crossing off of both lists as you go. A pair of needle nose pliers helps get the OG bulb housings untwisted with localized torque without adding too much torque by to the boards by hand and wrist. some of the OG bulb connections were very tight.

you may not be able to replace the white jet bumper bulb without removing the wire ramps. save that one for when you tear the machine down to re-rubber or clean the playfield.

Replacing GI bulbs requires unscrewing a number of hex head wood screws. I offer the following rules for this:

1. You will drop some screws and not know where they land.
2. Treat them like diamonds. You must find them before proceeding. it sucks.
3. Seriously, find them before proceeding. it sucks. sometimes they land in the speaker and you dont hear them...
4. You don't want screws landing on other components and shorting them out, causing other damage.
5. Buy the three essential tools in the attached pic below. Telescoping magnet (harbor freight), Tool Magnetizer (Home Depot), high output mag mount flashlight (harbor freight).
6. light your work area, magnetize your nut driver, and use the telescoping magnet beneath any wood screw being unscrewed. This will help you avoid 2 and 3.
7. When you drop a screw, (and you will), refer to rule 2.

I needed to re bend most of the LED flasher bulb wires to get them to work, but everything is good now. simply bending the led wires outward or rotating them 180 degrees worked in most cases to make better contact with the socket. Use your admin test functions to test all the bulbs.

One or 2 of the bulb mounting positions needed adjusted as they worked fine with the stock bulbs, but the LED shined in a different location for the colored targets. I simply screwed them into a new location and they worked fine.

I hope this helps!

PM me if you have any problems and I'll try to help!

Chris

IMG_9781 (resized).jpgIMG_9781 (resized).jpg

#934 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Thanks in advance.

Don’t do it. This game looks so much better with bulbs.

#935 5 years ago

when my Rudy laughs at me "heh heh heh" when the trap door closes, etc, it seems as if there is a short as there is a very brief flash where all the game lights turn off when his jaw is moving.

this is the only time I notice this during gameplay. Is this supposed to happen or do I have an issue?

His jaw works fine otherwise, snoring, talking, etc without the light issue.

I do need to fix rudy's eye movement and eyelid issues, which are unrelated, but this light flash issue seems wrong.

any help?

#936 5 years ago

Could be the jaw coil perhaps? Wish I could say more; have not noticed this behavior on mine.

You mentioned eyelids; I just had to replace the eyes shut coil and plunger. I suspect something had been going bad for a while, as Rudy would sometimes go to sleep with his eyes open slightly or halfway, then his eyes stopped shutting entirely.

Part:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SM-31-900
and related plunger.

#937 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Don’t do it. This game looks so much better with bulbs.

LEDOCD takes care of most of that issue..

Also, protip: Put a big towel face down inside the cab when you are unscrewing stuff; the screws will catch on the fabric and be way easier to see against the white side of the towel. Plus no speaker shenanigans where the screw gets inside the speaker cone or stuck to the magnet on the side you can't see well.

#938 5 years ago
Quoted from Scroat:

I did my funhouse in about 8 hours in between beers and dinner. nothing to be afraid of. It's a good project to get familiar with your machine. I approached this very methodically as it was my first project on this pin. I could have done it much quicker but I wasnt in a hurry, and this machine is staying with me.
!!! do one bulb at a time !!!
I used the Cointaker kit and found it very correct. I suggest making copies of your factory bulb number list and the list that came with the LED kit and double-checking each bulb and crossing off of both lists as you go. A pair of needle nose pliers helps get the OG bulb housings untwisted with localized torque without adding too much torque by to the boards by hand and wrist. some of the OG bulb connections were very tight.
you may not be able to replace the white jet bumper bulb without removing the wire ramps. save that one for when you tear the machine down to re-rubber or clean the playfield.
Replacing GI bulbs requires unscrewing a number of hex head wood screws. I offer the following rules for this:
1. You will drop some screws and not know where they land.
2. Treat them like diamonds. You must find them before proceeding. it sucks.
3. Seriously, find them before proceeding. it sucks. sometimes they land in the speaker and you dont hear them...
4. You don't want screws landing on other components and shorting them out, causing other damage.
5. Buy the three essential tools in the attached pic below. Telescoping magnet (harbor freight), Tool Magnetizer (Home Depot), high output mag mount flashlight (harbor freight).
6. light your work area, magnetize your nut driver, and use the telescoping magnet beneath any wood screw being unscrewed. This will help you avoid 2 and 3.
7. When you drop a screw, (and you will), refer to rule 2.
I needed to re bend most of the LED flasher bulb wires to get them to work, but everything is good now. simply bending the led wires outward or rotating them 180 degrees worked in most cases to make better contact with the socket. Use your admin test functions to test all the bulbs.
One or 2 of the bulb mounting positions needed adjusted as they worked fine with the stock bulbs, but the LED shined in a different location for the colored targets. I simply screwed them into a new location and they worked fine.
I hope this helps!
PM me if you have any problems and I'll try to help!
Chris

Thanks very much. That's very useful. I've changed the odd bulb here and there on my TZ, but not undertaken a full LED conversion before.

#939 5 years ago

Misaligned Rudy jaw optos are going to drive me crazy

#940 5 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Could be the jaw coil perhaps? Wish I could say more; have not noticed this behavior on mine.
You mentioned eyelids; I just had to replace the eyes shut coil and plunger. I suspect something had been going bad for a while, as Rudy would sometimes go to sleep with his eyes open slightly or halfway, then his eyes stopped shutting entirely.
Part:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SM-31-900
and related plunger.

Once I got rudy apart and cleaned up, I was able to superglue the horizontal eyelid plunger back together, and while I was in there I saw a wire that had broken off of the horizontal solenoid. Once I fixed that wire, the flashing when he laughs went away .

Rudy's head is a LOT easier to fix than I had envisioned. I ordered new plungers and springs to have them on hand should something else fail down the road. I have one or 2 extra of the red solenoids should anyone need one. I'll sell them cheap.

#941 5 years ago

I had my Funhouse for sale after just a short time owning it. I’m really starting to enjoy it now though and it may be a keeper. I think it’s important to have this game leveled just right... just a little off and it’s less enjoyable for me. Now my only issue is the balls winging off the wire forms because of the speed the ball is getting.

#942 5 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with this plastic spinning around? Maybe I’ll need to pull it apart and put a tighter rivet in.

EC75DFCA-E5BA-4E06-AD89-ABC1A83543AE (resized).jpegEC75DFCA-E5BA-4E06-AD89-ABC1A83543AE (resized).jpeg

#943 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone else have an issue with this plastic spinning around?

Yes yes yes!

#944 5 years ago

I put a piece of tape on the back.

#945 5 years ago

In the club. Love this game. My playfield is in pretty good shape, except some of the Gangway inserts and clock arrow inserts are raised. The playfield is full Mylar. What is the best way to level these inserts? Is my only option to pull the Mylar, remove the inserts and replace them with new ones? I have never done this and am a little nervous about it.

D4A1D679-FAFC-4837-8C8B-E790DF276B02 (resized).jpegD4A1D679-FAFC-4837-8C8B-E790DF276B02 (resized).jpeg
3773AB16-D1BD-44D7-96AA-02D01E44B4A3 (resized).jpeg3773AB16-D1BD-44D7-96AA-02D01E44B4A3 (resized).jpeg

#946 5 years ago

Is there a list of GI bulbs locations anywhere? The manual lists the inserts but not - as far as I can find - the GI.

I bought a Pinball Bulbs Ultimate kit, and I'm struggling to find where in their list of GI lamps to install the "Left side under clear ramp" ones go. They list 6 x Purple bulbs to be installed there, but I can't see 6 bulb locations for a clear ramp, or even which clear ramp they are referring too (there is one for the steps targets, and another that goes all around the machine).

Thanks in advance.

#947 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Is there a list of GI bulbs locations anywhere? The manual lists the inserts but not - as far as I can find - the GI.
I bought a Pinball Bulbs Ultimate kit, and I'm struggling to find where in their list of GI lamps to install the "Left side under clear ramp" ones go. They list 6 x Purple bulbs to be installed there, but I can't see 6 bulb locations for a clear ramp, or even which clear ramp they are referring too (there is one for the steps targets, and another that goes all around the machine).
Thanks in advance.

I did a cointaker kit and it didnt come with any purple bulbs. All my GI bulbs were white and there was no list included with the GI bulbs, only the playfield bulbs and flashers. I dont know where those 6 bulbs would go. Maybe the kit is wrong?

#948 5 years ago

I'm heading to Allentown does anyone have or know where I can get a trap door assembly?
Looking to buy one, but seems out everywhere.

#949 5 years ago

Can someone snag a picture of connector J134? There was one wire that came loose from mine and I can't find any reference to it in the manual. Anybody know what this connection is for? It doesn't seem to be affecting gameplay at all.

While I'm at it, what connector powers the start button? Mine's not flashing after a new bulb install and it's kinda annoying.

#950 5 years ago

I am not in front of my machine but I think you may have it narrowed down. The start button lamp is controlled by a single wire on a connector. I can’t confirm but it is likely to be the wire you describe. Someone can confirm or I will post in about 10 hrs (sorry, I’m on my way to work)...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 5,018 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/19?hl=dahlman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.