Topic Stats

• 1,317 posts
  • 226 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 479 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FH (resized).png
2018-10-13 23.18.25 (resized).jpg
20181013_143430 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
GateAssemblyBack-A-14018 (resized).JPG
GateAssembly-A-14018 (resized).JPG
FH-left-wire-guide (resized).jpg
0a240be8e7841ba4a8553fd9c74963e009e92acc (resized).jpg
2018-10-05 23.19.52 (resized).jpg
2018-10-05 23.31.51 (resized).jpg
rudy (resized).PNG

There are 1317 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 27.
#851 9 months ago

Comb-over Rudy, I almost like it more
-mof

#852 9 months ago

Guys....Im just getting around to this. Im missing the spotlight by Rudy's face. It looks like i have a little bit of a chunk missing where the spotlight would go. I would like to put the spotlight back. How painful would this be? Im having troubles seeing where the wiring would go?

20180114_122813 (resized).jpg

20180114_122803 (resized).jpg

#853 9 months ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'm only getting lower playfield and backglass GI. Any ideas?

Fuse(s) or connector. Have you checked anything?

#854 9 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Fuse(s) or connector. Have you checked anything?

I checked the fuses last night and they all passed. If I pull J120 all of the backglass GI goes out. I'm not an electronics guru or much good at reading schematics, so I figured I'd see if anyone with more knowledge could point me in the right direction. The only fuses I checked were the ones on the bottom left side of the driver board. Are those the correct ones?

#855 9 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

Guys....Im just getting around to this. Im missing the spotlight by Rudy's face. It looks like i have a little bit of a chunk missing where the spotlight would go. I would like to put the spotlight back. How painful would this be? Im having troubles seeing where the wiring would go?

I'm also missing this light and looking to replace it. There's a molex connector on the underside of the playfield about halfway on the right side that goes to this light.

#856 9 months ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'm also missing this light and looking to replace it. There's a molex connector on the underside of the playfield about halfway on the right side that goes to this light.

If you dont mind, let me know what parts you buy

#857 9 months ago

Looks like Cliffy can hook you up. The top of the page there, he talks about if you need the other parts, he might be able to help...

http://www.passionforpinball.com/fhshades.htm

#858 9 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

Happy to take pics of mine if you still end up needing them.

On another topic, I see you have the LED rings in your pops, any chance you could take a vid of how they look? I am still going back and forth between just putting an LED bulb in there VS a ring.

#859 9 months ago
Quoted from pablotorres:

Hi. The yellow and orange cables.

Here, page 14 of this topic there is a picture of the connector

#860 9 months ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Looks like Cliffy can hook you up. The top of the page there, he talks about if you need the other parts, he might be able to help...
http://www.passionforpinball.com/fhshades.htm

Awesome! I will reach out to cliffy! Thanks man!

#861 9 months ago

Im having trouble posting video.....they are "ok." They led rings have a hint of ghosting to them. My red quit working. I thought about just putting the regular caps back on with leds.

20180114_191604 (resized).jpg

#862 9 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

Im having trouble posting video.....they are "ok." They led rings have a hint of ghosting to them. My red quit working. I thought about just putting the regular caps back on with leds.

Yeah its hard to post videos here, easiest is to upload to youtube and then post youtube link here (which is a pain, so if you dont have time its cool)

Appreciate the pic though!

#863 9 months ago

Looks like I will be joining the Funhouse club - very excited. Awesome light show and fun sound package.

20180116_150647 (resized).jpg

20180116_150644 (resized).jpg

20180116_150637 (resized).jpg

20180116_150629 (resized).jpg

20180116_150605 (resized).jpg

20180116_150529 (resized).jpg

20180116_150538 (resized).jpg

20180116_150620 (resized).jpg

#864 9 months ago

Looks like your FH is in really good condition!

#865 9 months ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

hey guys, just picked a restoration FH today. i have looked around to the usual place and found pretty much all i need but Rudy's face plate. Mine has the paint pretty worn out... Is replacement or repainting available out there?

That looks familiar

#866 9 months ago

I have searched and can’t seem to find the part I need to replace because it is broken. It is the plastic piece that moves back and forth and Rudy’s eyeballs connect to it by two single rods. Any help is appreciated as my Rudy is crosseyed. He looks hilarious but not right.

#867 9 months ago

Pinbits has quite a bit of eye parts. Try them.

#869 9 months ago

Selling a decent Funhouse if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59226

#870 9 months ago

Deal fell thru. Not a member of the FH club yet. Maybe one day.

#871 9 months ago

Yes! Crank arm. Action Pinball had them so ordered the replacement. Thanks for your help!

1 week later
#872 8 months ago

Joining the club
Plays, but needs some work, most parts on it’s way

839D5761-C0C1-44B6-8D5E-EA13AFE2852A (resized).jpeg

#873 8 months ago
Quoted from dahlman:

Joining the club
Plays, but needs some work, most parts on it’s way

Wellcome. You got work!!!

#874 8 months ago

Alright I've narrowed my issues down to one row of switches (mostly). The highlighted yellow switches are being read in the Switch Edges test as the ones on the top row pointed to by the arrows. I've resat the wires on the connectors on J206 and J208. I've also resat the dedicated ground return (orange-yellow) on the connector there. If I remove the white-brown wire from the connector, then the white-yellow switches function normally. Should I be looking for a crossover somewhere under the playfield?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#876 8 months ago

Been looking at it for a week and just figured it out. A switch was crossing over somewhere under the playfield...

#877 8 months ago

Looking for the back box side art. Any idea where i can get them. Don’t need the whole set

#878 8 months ago

I bought a set, recently. eBay, Australia, takes a while shipping. Hard to find, but, good quality.

#879 8 months ago

Mr Pinball in Australia can help you out. I purchased my Funhouse and Taxi decals fro him. Great quality.

#880 8 months ago

Anybody have me Pinball’s contact info? Looked for him and no luck

#881 8 months ago
Quoted from chrismoore701:

Anybody have me Pinball’s contact info? Looked for him and no luck

If you are looking for Mr pinball,Australia, go to eBay,FH pinball page ,click on left for international sellers. They sell on eBay.

#882 8 months ago

Sorry to sound ignorant. I have been all over ebay. How do you go to the fh Page? How do you pick international shippers? Can figure this out and i am fluent with ebay

#883 8 months ago
Quoted from chrismoore701:

Sorry to sound ignorant. I have been all over ebay. How do you go to the fh Page? How do you pick international shippers? Can figure this out and i am fluent with ebay

I assume this is it (i googled "ebay mr pinball australia"): ebay.com link

you could then search "funhouse" within the store: ebay.com link

#885 8 months ago

Anybody ever rebuilt the back upright cabinet? The cabinet itself. And then transfer the guts

#886 8 months ago

I have transferred the guts. I had someone else make the new cabinet.

#887 8 months ago

Finally, got the display in the mail today

Boom! Now working 100% Rudy is back in business.
Stage 2 will be some new plastics and minor pf touch up’s.

72AA01D2-C55A-46D3-AA90-EC8A4EED5B63 (resized).jpeg

#888 8 months ago
Quoted from dahlman:

Finally, got the display in the mail today
Boom! Now working 100% Rudy is back in business.
Stage 2 will be some new plastics and minor pf touch up’s.

Nice ! Can you mention where you got the display? The bottom display in my Funhouse does not work and I'm looking at getting either just that one or the whole thing.

#889 8 months ago

I just got a new Rottendog display from K’Arcade. It’s a good one.

Quoted from scampcamp:Nice ! Can you mention where you got the display? The bottom display in my Funhouse does not work and I'm looking at getting either just that one or the whole thing.

Quoted from scampcamp:

Nice ! Can you mention where you got the display? The bottom display in my Funhouse does not work and I'm looking at getting either just that one or the whole thing.

Quoted from scampcamp:

Try K’Arcade,good quality, I put one in mine,easy, really like it.Rottendog brand.

#890 8 months ago

I also got the Rotten Dog display. Bought it on Ebay. K’arcade is a good source too.

#891 8 months ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I just got a new Rottendog display from K’Arcade. It’s a good one.

Try K’Arcade,good quality, I put one in mine,easy, really like it.Rottendog brand.

Thanks for the link.

Just curious if there's another option? I like the LED idea but I've seen games with this at Fargo Pinball & it's not very attractive. I suppose a new original style display would be very expensive?

Screenshot_20180214-085634 (resized).png

#892 8 months ago

I have an XPIN brand in mine. It is a white display and you put a Color filter in front of it to show Blue or purple filter for BOP. Same display as FH

#893 8 months ago

Guys, anyone else buy this topper from Classic Arcades?

I bought it on ebay, but it didn't come with any hardware. Can anyone help with the details? Hoping I can find at the hardware store. I tried to reach out to Jeff at Classic Arcades but he doesn't reply.

Funhouse Topper (resized).jpg

#894 8 months ago

Terry at Pinball Life sells parts to mount a topper like yours.

#895 8 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

OK. I had red blue green red blue green in before and I thought it was good. I wanted to try the stock green 4 yellow red to give it the stock look. I will change it back. This pin needed nonghosting LEDs throughout.

I just got 4 yellow, one red and one green non ghosting LED from Comet. These are working OK. The other bulbs that had inconsistent brightness levels were from another manufacturer. Happy with the Comets!

#896 8 months ago

My FunHouse isn't saving any information when the game is turned off. The batteries are new. Any ideas what's causing this? There isn't any corrosion on the board and everything else looks in check. Batteries fit tight too. It's a re-import, if that matters at all.

#897 8 months ago

Old and new FunHouse

This was in September of 2012. So sold the old one back then. The closer FH is my original one that I had restored to very presentable condition. The one on the left is the one I was lucky enough to find for sale about a two hour drive from me.

The story I was told by the seller was that it was in a summer cabin and only played during the families vacation every year. It was obviously not kept near any windows because there was absolutely no fade anywhere. Every thing worked perfectly except that I had to adjust one of the pop bumper switches. There was also a bit of wrinkling of paint by the top of the left, front leg.

When I got it home, I started going through everything to see what I could find out about it. The audit menu said there were 868 plays on the machine. In the machine was a manila envelope that contained the original bill of sale from the distributer plus some other machine specific papers. If I remember correctly, it was bought in 1991. The backbox door had writing on the inside showing when the batteries were changed. It indicated that they were changed every year. So no leaking batteries. There were also some parts like rubber rings a couple of plastics and some screws.

It does not have a Diamond Plate playfield. So the playfield was covered with mylar and a couple of the clock inserts were lifting slightly. As we all know, inserts under mylar eventually start to lift because of the heat the bulbs give off. Another reason to use LEDs. Anyway, I probably could have left it. But decided to remove the mylar using cold spray. It came up quite easily. I then tapped down the inserts to even them with the playfield surface and gave it a few coats of wax.

In my opinion, I ended up with a really nice FunHouse.

DSCN1781 (resized).JPG

DSCN1782 (resized).JPG

DSCN1786 (resized).JPG

DSCN1790 (resized).JPG

DSCN1789 (resized).JPG

DSCN1832 (resized).JPG

#898 8 months ago

I agree, you have ended up with a very nice Funhouse! Thank you for the cool story of how it came to be in your collection

#899 8 months ago

A great game indeed. This and Taxi kept me occupied for hours back in the day!

#900 7 months ago

Hi all, i bought a Funhouse a couple of day ago and i am very happy to be part of the family.. i'll take some pictures and post them soon. I will need help to put it in its best shape...

28340594_10215797044943943_617004760_o (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonton, AB
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Machine - For Sale
Exton, PA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
There are 1317 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside