20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 102.
#801 6 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

The 2 middle buttons work moving the volume up & down but will not when I want to do tests with the same buttons. Any ideas why? Thanks

Flakey switches probably

#802 6 years ago

He may have done the mylar because of the ball dropping there. The ball on mine falls on the flap. I only added mylar at the other 2 ball drops when I swapped the playfield recently.

#803 6 years ago

Is there any value for my old FH playfield?

#804 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

He may have done the mylar because of the ball dropping there. The ball on mine falls on the flap. I only added mylar at the other 2 ball drops when I swapped the playfield recently.

Did you leave the pops alone? is it a mirco?

Considering where to put mylar on my new PF that I am gearing up to swap

#805 6 years ago

I got the playfield from Marco. Does not say who made it. The clear coat is thick and looks great. A few of the dimples were not right. I lined up stuff myself. The pops do not need the mylar on mine. I did the drops because that is where the old pf took a lot of damage. I got sheets of mylar from Marco and custom cut pieces.

#806 6 years ago

I also put in new premium silver jet balls.

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Did you leave the pops alone? is it a mirco?
Considering where to put mylar on my new PF that I am gearing up to swap

Ball drops, pop bumper nest, where the ball lands in the right orbit from the shooter lane, and a small patch where the ball lands from the kick out.

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Flakey switches probably

Yea.. I bet & hope you are right. I messed with them & it was ok again. My T2 was kind of acting flaky also. I wonder if it's from the dry air...

#809 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I got the playfield from Marco. Does not say who made it. The clear coat is thick and looks great. A few of the dimples were not right. I lined up stuff myself. The pops do not need the mylar on mine. I did the drops because that is where the old pf took a lot of damage. I got sheets of mylar from Marco and custom cut pieces.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Ball drops, pop bumper nest, where the ball lands in the right orbit from the shooter lane, and a small patch where the ball lands from the kick out.

Thanks guys, appreciate the insight.

#810 6 years ago

What do you guys think about pop bumper LED's? Any pics or info to share about your setup?

Debating between just putting an LED bulb in there VS something like a ring

#811 6 years ago

What do you guys think about pop bumper LED's? Any pics or info to share about your setup?

I like my pins mostly factory stock. I did use all LEDs in all the pins. I got this FH with speaker rings. One small and one large. Hated that!

#812 6 years ago

I just use color matched frosted bulbs personally.

#813 6 years ago

I color matched most locations.

#814 6 years ago

I tried Comet Pinballs led pop cap bumpers and they looked great on fh I thought. Fit the whole carnival theme well. They have leds above and below for extra light and can color match or have clears. Think they were $5 or $7 each. The white one is a pita to get to. Have to loosen the ramp or change it when you have the ramps off.

Frosted 2 smd red, white and blue wedges look good too. I also tried slow color changers but they spot and wasn't best use for them.

#815 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/3#post-2454928

#816 6 years ago

I want to buy a GI OCD board for my funhouse and unfortunately I'm in Europe... The guy in pinballshop.nl is a f****ing thief!!!! They want 225 € a piece!!! This is almost 100% up the U.S. price!!!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from provato:

I want to buy a GI OCD board for my funhouse and unfortunately I'm in Europe... The guy in pinballshop.nl is a f****ing thief!!!! They want 225 € a piece!!! This is almost 100% up the U.S. price!!!

You have a right to buy from US...
Anyway, $150 plus shipping, then apply tax for both, and you are quickly at $220... Then think about cashflow, profit.

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

You have a right to buy from US...
Anyway, $150 plus shipping, then apply tax for both, and you are quickly at $220... Then think about cashflow, profit.

Nah... You can't fool me.
I have bought pinball parts from Marco ten times the weight and the shipping + tax + whatever was never more than 30 usd.
Definitely a thief

Ps: they say that customers outside U.S. can only buy from comet, pinballshop.nl or Australia..
Unfortunately comet only has led ocd, not gi ocd

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Nah... You can't fool me.
I have bought pinball parts from Marco ten times the weight and the shipping + tax + whatever was never more than 30 usd.
Definitely a thief
Ps: they say that customers outside U.S. can only buy from comet, pinballshop.nl or Australia..
Unfortunately comet only has led ocd, not gi ocd

This is the law. Pinballshop have to pay duty and 21% VAT. In my country VAT is 27%. In your country you also have to pay VAT over certain value.
Not cheap, for sure. I have ordered one, otherwise I will never learn and understand this gadget.

#820 6 years ago

I'll wait for a second-hand to appear. Then I'll change the capacitors and it'll be like new.
I usually support such products, but I would never pay 225 + extra shipping.
No matter what law you show me, from 140 USD to 225 Euros is profiteering

#821 6 years ago

This is not hard...
$149 is the price in US.
When it is imported to Europe, price is close to $200. They are not Red Cross to give it to you with 5% margin.
US guys have to pay also import tax in case of purchase from Europe. Same rule.
At least you can buy it.

#822 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is not hard...
$149 is the price in US.
When it is imported to Europe, price is close to $200. They are not Red Cross to give it to you with 5% margin.
US guys have to pay also import tax in case of purchase from Europe. Same rule.
At least you can buy it.

oh ok, so... according to you, a new pinball machine worth 2900 usd, should be sold 4500 euros in Europe (not inclunding shipping in both cases).

An american car is 80% to 100% more expensive in Europe, because... the law. Thus, all European people should buy German or French cars.

You're so wrong and you know it...

#823 6 years ago

I think you guys should agree to disagree. To each his/her own. I tend to avoid buying stuff overseas for this reason, but being on this side of the pond I don't run into that issue often.

#824 6 years ago
Quoted from provato:

oh ok, so... according to you, a new pinball machine worth 2900 usd, should be sold 4500 euros in Europe (not inclunding shipping in both cases).
An american car is 80% to 100% more expensive in Europe, because... the law. Thus, all European people should buy German or French cars.
You're so wrong and you know it...

Yes, a US pinball machine is more expensive in Europe. This is economy, no need to argue with me. Let me know if I can buy a new SW premium pin below $8k in Europe legally from distributor.

#825 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Yes, a US pinball machine is more expensive in Europe. This is economy, no need to argue with me. Let me know if I can buy a new SW premium pin below $8k in Europe legally from distributor.

I can tell you how to buy a LED OCD for 139 usd + shipping in Europe:

Buy it from comet
(excellent guy btw, I've bought all my Leds from him)

So LEGALLY you can buy a LED OCD at the same price as in the US. Unfortunately comet doesn't have GI OCD (which I need)

This is reality, no need to argue with me

#826 6 years ago

price is $149 in US for GI OCD board. translated into euros, this price is roughly 123. Add in a 21% import VAT and the price in euros is now 148 (or USD178). shipping to Europe for an item like this is around 12 euros ($15), at least that is what we charge for most items. total price from the US would be roughly 160 euros or $195.

if you are interested (and since comet is out), I'm willing to buy the board for you and ship it out to you. You would have to pay whatever it cost me to ship, about $15 and the $6.15 ledocd charges to ship the board to me plus $149 for the board. if by some chance the package gets lost in the European mail system, I'm not going to be responsible on this one so you take some risk (we do take the risk when we ship our own mods). I'm not going to do this for everyone, but in this case, I'm happy to help if you want it.

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

price is $149 in US for GI OCD board. translated into euros, this price is roughly 123. Add in a 21% import VAT and the price in euros is now 148 (or USD178). shipping to Europe for an item like this is around 12 euros ($15), at least that is what we charge for most items. total price from the US would be roughly 160 euros or $195.
if you are interested (and since comet is out), I'm willing to buy the board for you and ship it out to you. You would have to pay whatever it cost me to ship, about $15 and the $6.15 ledocd charges to ship the board to me plus $149 for the board. if by some chance the package gets lost in the European mail system, I'm not going to be responsible on this one so you take some risk (we do take the risk when we ship our own mods). I'm not going to do this for everyone, but in this case, I'm happy to help if you want it.

This is a nice option and offer.
Just one remark: in many countries, VAT is applied to both sales price and shipping cost, and have to pay customs duty fee ($5-10).
VAT is usually between 21% and 27%, in Netherlands is 21%, in Greece 24%, in Hungary is 27%.
As you have mentioned, there is a risk about lost package, and warranty handling is a question too.

#828 6 years ago

Thank you, 160 euros seem fair enough for a "european transition" of this product.
But I'm pissed right now and I don't know if I'll buy it after all. I see a lot of black market tactics surrounding this hobby and led ocd was just an example.
But that's why I like pinside - lots of good people ready to help fellow hobbyists

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is a nice option and offer.
Just one remark: in many countries, VAT is applied to both sales price and shipping cost, and have to pay customs duty fee ($5-10).
VAT is usually between 21% and 27%, in Netherlands is 21%, in Greece 24%, in Hungary is 27%.
As you have mentioned, there is a risk about lost package, and warranty handling is a question too.

Oh come on... Are you still trying to justify the ridiculous 225 price (~272 usd)

Ok, I'll play:

272 - 149 = 123 usd

Please justify - explain to me why I have to pay 123 usd more for this product. VAT? This is economy? Shipping? Warranty?

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Oh come on... Are you still trying to justify the ridiculous 225 price (~272 usd)
Ok, I'll play:
272 - 149 = 123 usd
Please justify - explain to me why I have to pay 123 usd more for this product. VAT? This is economy? Shipping? Warranty?

This is getting offtopic, so that's my last response about GI OCD. You have to pay about $60 for VAT and shipping, the rest is their profit. No competition around. Take it or leave it.
I hope you don't step back, and accept Lermods offer.

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is getting offtopic, so that's my last response about GI OCD. You have to pay about $60 for VAT and shipping, the rest is their profit. No competition around. Take it or leave it.
I hope you don't step back, and accept Lermods offer.

ok, last post about gi ocd for me too.
Let me teach you a little economics for a change:

1) if a company paid 60$ for EACH pcb in VAT + shipping for a medium-large shipment, they should be out of business by now. These costs are far far less for pcbs.
2) if a company paid the whole retail price (149$) for EACH pcb for a medium-large shipment, they should be out of business by now.

By 1) and 2) one can easily understand that this company tries to make 100% (or more) profit - Their price is roughly double the initial cost per pcb (maybe more if they ask for ridiculous shipping costs)

3) "no competition around" doesn't justify profiteering and black market prices.

Once again, you're not fooling anyone...

#832 6 years ago

IMG_1911 (resized).JPGIMG_1911 (resized).JPG

#833 6 years ago

This thread has gone so far off topic it makes me cry.

"I'M NOT HAPPY WITH YOU NOW"

#834 6 years ago

Question: The flashers in the "Rudy Alive" billboard in the back right of the playfield (mounted to the main ramp) are those #906 bulbs? Already closed things up for the night so I'm just being lazy at this point. heh.

#835 6 years ago

Question: The flashers in the "Rudy Alive" billboard in the back right of the playfield (mounted to the main ramp) are those #906 bulbs? Already closed things up for the night so I'm just being lazy at this point. heh.

They are.

#836 6 years ago

hey guys, just picked a restoration FH today. i have looked around to the usual place and found pretty much all i need but Rudy's face plate. Mine has the paint pretty worn out... Is replacement or repainting available out there?

26169776_10212683338452437_6258840082996216778_n (resized).jpg26169776_10212683338452437_6258840082996216778_n (resized).jpg

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

hey guys, just picked a restoration FH today. i have looked around to the usual place and found pretty much all i need but Rudy's face plate. Mine has the paint pretty worn out... Is replacement or repainting available out there?

Send it to modfather, bet he’d paint it up real nice for you, maybe with an evil twinge.

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Little Shop of Games has it for $55.

#839 6 years ago

I thought about replacing mine, but realized the front and back likely wouldn't match. I ended up doing some touchup instead. It came out fine.

#840 6 years ago

thank you guys. it looks like little shop of games does not have a replacement though.

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Mask both halves and paint. No big deal.

#842 6 years ago

You’ve gotta wonder how the hell the paint wore off there in the first place.
Unless they were going for the”Bobby Charlton” sweep over look

#843 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

You’ve gotta wonder how the hell the paint wore off there in the first place.
Unless they were going for the”Bobby Charlton” sweep over look

i was wondering the same? rubbing Rudy's head for good luck maybe?

#844 6 years ago

Hey Guys anyone have a new Rudy face they want part with.

Let me know

Cheers

#845 6 years ago
Quoted from dazby:

Hey Guys anyone have a new Rudy face they want part with.
Let me know
Cheers

Maybe here?
http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/rudy-face-front-decorated/

#846 6 years ago

My bottom 2 displays do not light up at all. I re-seated the cables. Any other ideas? Thanks

#847 6 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

How in the world did the top of his head lose it’s paint??

#848 6 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

My bottom 2 displays do not light up at all. I re-seated the cables. Any other ideas? Thanks

Check ground braids and apply contact cleaner spray in the backbox board and check the board ground with the corners screws.

#849 6 years ago
Quoted from pablotorres:

Check ground braids and apply contact cleaner spray in the backbox board and check the board ground with the corners screws.

Ok, I'll check ground braids... Thanks for the reply

#850 6 years ago

I'm only getting lower playfield and backglass GI. Any ideas?

151595199784330596992 (resized).jpg151595199784330596992 (resized).jpg
15159520256281842415453 (resized).jpg15159520256281842415453 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 5,088 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/17?hl=provato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.