20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 102.
#701 6 years ago

I got my new Mirco playfield installed. It looks NICE! Many new parts, new ramps, new plastics, all metal polished, flippers rebuilt, etc. I did my own lighting mods. All the work was well worth it.

funhouse01 (resized).jpgfunhouse01 (resized).jpg

funhouse05 (resized).jpgfunhouse05 (resized).jpg

funhouse07 (resized).jpgfunhouse07 (resized).jpg

funhouse08 (resized).jpgfunhouse08 (resized).jpg

funhouse09 (resized).jpgfunhouse09 (resized).jpg

funhouse10 (resized).jpgfunhouse10 (resized).jpg

funhouse11 (resized).jpgfunhouse11 (resized).jpg

funhouse16 (resized).jpgfunhouse16 (resized).jpg

funhouse17 (resized).jpgfunhouse17 (resized).jpg

funhouse14 (resized).jpgfunhouse14 (resized).jpg

funhouse15 (resized).jpgfunhouse15 (resized).jpg

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

I got my new Mirco playfield installed. It looks NICE! Many new parts, new ramps, new plastics, all metal polished, flippers rebuilt, etc. I did my own lighting mods. All the work was well worth it.

so nice!

#703 6 years ago

Very nice with that new playfield. I'll be doing the same soon.

Currently have cabinet stripped down and repaired with primer coats done. Need to sand and get the blue coats on prior to decals.

Would have been done and onto the pkayfield swap if not for a heart attack 8 weeks ago. At least I'm still here to do it.

#704 6 years ago

How was the mirco PF? did you have to drill or open up any of the holes? or was it ready to rock and roll?

I am considering picking up one.

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If I recall, you can leave the jaw attached and pull the entire assembly out.

I tried this but the raw is attached to a gear and I don't know how to get the right angle to detached it from that gear :/

How have other people done it?

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

How was the mirco PF? did you have to drill or open up any of the holes? or was it ready to rock and roll?
I am considering picking up one.

The Mirco playfield was great. I didn't have any issues at all with the installation. The clear coat was the nicest of any aftermarket playfields I've seen. Every CPR playfield I've installed, and I've done quite a few because I was also installing them for Pinball Pimp for awhile, always needed the clear coat buffed out for maximum shine. But this was ready to go. No problems with the dimples on the backside either and was as accurate as any Wade Krause I've dealt with, and they are about 99% perfect.

#707 6 years ago

I need help with the Funhouse lamp that is suspended over the right orbit. Can someone snap a photo of the wiring under the playfield for this?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from Opiate:

I tried this but the raw is attached to a gear and I don't know how to get the right angle to detached it from that gear :/
How have other people done it?

You just have to rotate it manually until
The little nodget (couldn't think of a word) lines up with hole and then it comes apart. Good old fashioned jiggery pokery!!! Have a fiddle. You wont break it

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

You just have to rotate it manually until
The little nodget (couldn't think of a word) lines up with hole and then it comes apart. Good old fashioned jiggery pokery!!! Have a fiddle. You wont break it

yes! I know of this infamous nodget! My issue was, I couldn't get the jaw/gear to bend at the right angle so that the holes would line up. How did you do it?

#710 6 years ago

Hi !! This is my FunHouse

20171011_191335 (resized).jpg20171011_191335 (resized).jpg

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I need help with the Funhouse lamp that is suspended over the right orbit. Can someone snap a photo of the wiring under the playfield for this?
Thanks in advance,
Brian

Hi. The yellow and orange cables.

2017-10-12 12.54.14 (resized).jpg2017-10-12 12.54.14 (resized).jpg

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from Opiate:

yes! I know of this infamous nodget! My issue was, I couldn't get the jaw/gear to bend at the right angle so that the holes would line up. How did you do it?

remove the jaw drive assembly from the bottom of the playfield and then rotate it to match the keyway on the drive arm.

#713 6 years ago

Update! I was able to source the issue with my "Slam Tilt Stuck Closed" message. I pulled corresponding wire from the connector on the board under the left flipper and was able to get a game started right up! I found a couple of issues while play testing but nothing that can't be easily fixed. I'll be sure to post a picture of how the LEDs look when I get everything up and going appropriately. Work is slow because the game is at my parents' house at the moment.

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from pablotorres:

Hi. The yellow and orange cables.

Interesting ... mine doesn't have a harness on it ... it was bare wires. I appreciate the help, but I need to see a clear picture of the connection on the bottom playfield side.

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from Opiate:

Hi all,
got #Funhouse the other day Just going through maintenance and need to fix Rudy's eyes and eyelids.
Does anyone know how to detach the lower jaw from the gear under the playfield? I can't pull the head out because I can't detach the jaw from it.
Thanks!

I just pulled out Rudy. I took both top face and back of head off from top. Below I disconnected the wires and took the pin out from the jaw rod. The jaw stays attached. The jaw motor comes down then the head assembly comes down.

#716 6 years ago

I put in 6 PL non-ghosting LEDs in the mirror. During game play the top bulb is super bright but the other 5 are not at any time. Is this normal?

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I put in 6 PL non-ghosting LEDs in the mirror. During game play the top bulb is super bright but the other 5 are not at any time. Is this normal?

When I had mine the same thing happened. I could put a frosted red 2 smd comet in the top slot and same bulb in the slot below it and was slightly dimmer. Thinking maybe it was the bulb I switched them and same results. Easiest way around it is to use different colors for the different awards. Looks really nice with different colors anyways. Just a thought

#718 6 years ago

OK. I had red blue green red blue green in before and I thought it was good. I wanted to try the stock green 4 yellow red to give it the stock look. I will change it back. This pin needed nonghosting LEDs throughout.

#719 6 years ago

(UPDATE: RAMPS ARE NOW SPOKEN FOR)

==========================================

FREE to a good home, a complete set of Funhouse ramps. the main ramp is cracked at the front, but you can cover it with Cliffys. It also includes the Cliffy ramp diverter protectors already installed. The steps ramp and subway are perfect/near perfect.

Just cover shipping and a small bit for packing/gas, and I'm good. I hate to throw these out. I put a new set in with my IPB playfield swap.

PM if interested.

Regards,

Brian

p.s., I'll split it up if needed, but would prefer the whole lot go at once. I'm moving and don't have a lot of time to make post office runs.
P1010958 (resized).jpgP1010958 (resized).jpg
P1010960 (resized).jpgP1010960 (resized).jpg
P1010957 (resized).jpgP1010957 (resized).jpg
P1010959 (resized).jpgP1010959 (resized).jpg
P1010961 (resized).jpgP1010961 (resized).jpg

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Interesting ... mine doesn't have a harness on it ... it was bare wires. I appreciate the help, but I need to see a clear picture of the connection on the bottom playfield side.

EDIT: I don't know what I was smoking ... it goes to the harness. Must have traced the wrong wires. I apparently have a different problem.

#721 6 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I appreciate this pin more and more the longer I have it.

1 week later
#722 6 years ago

I finally got around to doing a little play testing on my FunHouse the other day and came across a strange issue. The white pop bumper on the right is being activated when the upper-right inlane rollover switch is pressed. I didn't see any evidence of wires being crossed. I've seen strange things like this before on an older Bally and it was just connectors that needed to be repinned. Any ideas?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I finally got around to doing a little play testing on my FunHouse the other day and came across a strange issue. The white pop bumper on the right is being activated when the upper-right inlane rollover switch is pressed. I didn't see any evidence of wires being crossed. I've seen strange things like this before on an older Bally and it was just connectors that needed to be repinned. Any ideas?

Sounds like a bad or missing blocking diode or missing.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Sounds like a bad or missing blocking diode or missing.

I'm guessing that would be on a board somewhere?

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I'm guessing that would be on a board somewhere?

They are usually on the switch. Black cylinder thing with a white strip. They are very easy to test to see if the one on the offending switch is shorted: https://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/tutorials/120-electronics-tutorial-transistors

switch_matrix_phantom_switches_3 (resized).jpgswitch_matrix_phantom_switches_3 (resized).jpg

microswitches (resized).jpgmicroswitches (resized).jpg

#726 6 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... I just wanted to share this Funhouse story;

Yesterday, I can’t believe I bought back a 1990 Funhouse, I purchased 23 years ago for $800.

Long story short; I’m a Real Estate Agent / Broker who sold a home in San Ramon, CA to Jeff & Cindy E. in 1994. As a “House Warming Present”, I purchased a Funhouse pinball game for them (only about 3-4 years old) for $800. I often give my clients pinball games for house warming presents.

I’ve been recently looking for a FH, and found one fairly locall (70 miles away). While talking to the owner (Mike), he has owned it for 10 years, I asked him the history. He said he got it from Jan E. in Minden Nevada.

I knew Jeff has a sister named Jan and because their last name is so unusual… I asked him about them; he said "Yes" she got it from her brother Jeff E about 15 years ago as a present.

WOW now full circle; It’s been HOU for the past 23 years and I pulled it off the route, at only 3-4 years old. I’m stoked to get it back, as I have already purchased a new playfield / new NOS plastics / new Translite / 5-decal set. The only thing left are to buy new ramps.

#727 6 years ago

Fun story! What did you pay for it this time?

#728 6 years ago

He was asking $2,500, we settled at $2,250.

IMG_3327 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_3327 (002) (resized).jpg

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Forever classic, a bridge between 80's and 90's.

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Great story and great deal. Congrats!

#731 6 years ago

Hi Everyone, I picked up a Funhouse the other day and I am having a little trouble getting it up and running. My entire Column 3 of switches is out. I have no idea if it was working at all before, but I know there is some mysterious wiring here. Can someone shoot a pic of the wiring of the "P" target and the 3 Hot Dog targets? Maybe someone has a tear down pic already? I also have a Green/Orange wire coming from the "Steps Track Lower #35 connector and it is just twist connected to another Green/Orange wire, I am pretty sure this is where my issue is and I am not sure where they should all be attached. There is no Green/Orange wire on any of the Hot Dog targets or the "P" target, but they center tab is connected on the 3 Hot Dog targets to each other with a solid yellow wire., It looks like that wire continues on to "Probably" the "P" target. It is the right length to connect there.

Thanks, Dave

#732 6 years ago

I am going to replace my playfield soon. Do you have any tips to start this project?

#733 6 years ago

I am towards the end on a Mirco swap. Take lots of pictures, there is a thread on FH t-nuts map here that helps a lot. New pop bumpers screws & t- nuts to start with.

#734 6 years ago

Thanks. I took lots of pictures. Am labeling almost everything. The playfield came from Marco. It looks great. The urethane coating is so smooth!
This will take a while. Will post pics later.

#735 6 years ago

I used string tie tags for coils & mechs. The colored dots for garage sales are great for switches & lights.

#736 6 years ago

I am using white sticky labels and folding them on the wires. My old playfield looks yellow where the new one is white. It has some nasty ball wear.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I am using white sticky labels and folding them on the wires. My old playfield looks yellow where the new one is white. It has some nasty ball wear.

Labeling is great, but it doesn't allow for proper cleaning. That harness really needs a bath. If it's your first swap, label away and refine when you are comfortable. It's possible there is an early playfield or 2 out there that I swapped covered in sharpie on the bottom. I'm sorry! I saw it on a video and thought it was ok!

Seriously, tons of pics. I've done dozens of full teardowns and a handful of swaps and I've never said to myself- I documented that perfectly! I'm always wishing I had one more angle for something. Luckily lots of us have done a Funhouse, there is no shortage of info if you get lost.

Have fun and take your time!

#738 6 years ago

Thanks. This is one project that can't be rushed. I am now waiting on some plastic parts from Bay Area. USPS decided that first class means wait a long time to get it! Should have had it by now. Will do Fed Ex next time. Most of top is done. Will do wires and bottom next. Will replace and repair parts as I go.

#739 6 years ago

Hey Guys, get yourselves into this thread >> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translite-prototype-giveaway-funhouse
for a chance to win a 3D translite prototype, and NO i'm not in the running. I am a past winner of a prototype and they are awesome. Mayuh is looking for more entrants and this one is right up your alley, be creative, that's how i won my translite. Good luck guys, get stuck in

#740 6 years ago

Please update us on when it is available for purchase.

#741 6 years ago

Got most of bottom done. Waiting for more parts.

20171125_074511_resized (resized).jpg20171125_074511_resized (resized).jpg

#742 6 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the Funhouse stickers for the pop caps? Thanks.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Does anyone know where to get the Funhouse stickers for the pop caps? Thanks.

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/funhouse-bumpercap-decals-set-of-3.html

#744 6 years ago

Pop decals, also at Pinball Decals.

#745 6 years ago

Thanks. I will try that.

#746 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for the Funhouse Lamp Shade with the Funhouse Title or Logo cut into it, has a red gel skin on the back. Does anybody have a spare they didn't use they want to sell?? Or know anyone still making/selling them? Let me know, OK.

Thanks, Dave

#747 6 years ago

Dave, EBay has a new one listed for $21 + shipping. Plain stainless.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hi everyone, I am looking for the Funhouse Lamp Shade with the Funhouse Title or Logo cut into it, has a red gel skin on the back. Does anybody have a spare they didn't use they want to sell?? Or know anyone still making/selling them? Let me know, OK.
Thanks, Dave

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01148-funhouse-custom-lamp-

Says 'SOLD OUT' but also to PM if you would like one. Worth asking.

Also here is the one you describe. Also sold out.... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/00820-funhouse-pinball-custom-lamp-shade-give-rudy-some-love

#749 6 years ago

Dave, Pinball Decals also has the one you described, kinda pricey, though.

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Dave, EBay has a new one listed for $21 + shipping. Plain stainless.

Thanks for the heads up Hippy, I have a plain one, just looking for the cut out one.

Oh, and I am really hoping to avoid the price on the Pinball Decals one!!

Thanks, Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.