20240331_104306 (resized).jpg
20240329_172816 (resized).jpg
20240329_155815 (resized).jpg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_2472.gif
IMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1603 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1604 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 102.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Take up,the Aus guys on their offer. Those are hard to find.

I think he is an Aussie anyway

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I think he is an Aussie anyway

... and he hasn't made contact so I can only imagine he found the piece he had misplaced. All good. At least others know where two exist now!!

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from lukex:

... and he hasn't made contact so I can only imagine he found the piece he had misplaced. All good. At least others know where two exist now!!

is good to know. My game is packed away for another month, will need to check out my plastic. I may need to contact you mate

#604 6 years ago

I recently put the playfield back in my FunHouse after a shop job. Now I'm getting a notification that says "slam tilt switch stuck closed". I checked the one on the coin door and it's open. I unplugged it from the board below the left flipper and still the same issue. Is there one on the playfield somewhere? I looked and couldn't find one. If not, where else should I look to source this issue?

#605 6 years ago

I suspect a bad diode. Check every switch you replaced, desoldered etc.. And check the orientation of the diodes are correct. There's is some witch craft you can do to fault find the phantom switch but it blows my tiny little mind trying to understand it

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I suspect a bad diode. Check every switch you replaced, desoldered etc.. And check the orientation of the diodes are correct. There's is some witch craft you can do to fault find the phantom switch but it blows my tiny little mind trying to understand it

That's certainly a possibility, but I didn't actually desolder anything. I just took it out of the cabinet for a shop out and put it back in a couple of weeks later.

#607 6 years ago

I shorted out something while doing a flipper rebuild on a tz and got this error. Check Clay's guide I think it had a solution to it that I followed. It involved a board repair

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It involved a board repair

I really hope it doesn't come to this. I've never repaired a board, though I'm sure I could do it if it's something simple.

#609 6 years ago

I forgot to mention. You need to find the cause if the short otherwise the board again

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I forgot to mention. You need to find the cause if the short otherwise the board again

here's a quick explanation on what to try

Slam Tilt Stuck Closed Error.
Upon turning the game on, a "slam tilt stuck closed" error is shown, and the game just won't do anything past that. This can be as simple as the slam switch inside the coin door is bent closed. Also there is a slam switch in the bottom of the cabinet to the left of the coin box (be sure to check that switch too). Or it could be some sort of CPU switch problem.
To issolate the problem, turn the game off and disconnect all the connectors from the bottom of the CPU board. Then turn the game back on. If the error is no longer shown, the problem is in the playfield or cabinet wiring/switches. If the error is still shown, the problem is in the CPU board itself. If the problem is on the CPU board, usually it's a problem with a ULN2803 or LM339 chip.

1 week later
#611 6 years ago

im assuming my display is on it's way out?

#612 6 years ago

I would tend to agree with you.

#613 6 years ago
Quoted from MMGB:

I would tend to agree with you.

This is my first machine on this particular platform, just wasnt sure if there was anything else to check.

Any recommendations on a replacement? pinscore, xpin, rottendog?

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

This is my first machine on this particular platform, just wasnt sure if there was anything else to check.
Any recommendations on a replacement? pinscore, xpin, rottendog?

I'd say pinscore. I've had one in mine for a few years now with no issues.

#615 6 years ago

I just put a XPIN in my BOP(same one that goes in FH). It looks nice , but definitely would put in an LED if a supplier would make one.

#616 6 years ago

Thanks gents, appreciate the input.

#617 6 years ago

Any chance one of you owners could get me a measurement for placement of the cabinet speaker relative to either the back cabinet wall or the lateral divider board behind the coin box? Centered side to side?

Just need to know where to drill new hole. Had to replace base of my cabinet and lost the paper with that note...

#618 6 years ago

im assuming my display is on it's way out?
» YouTube video

I'd at least try a new ribbon cable (or flip the current one end for end) to see if that is the issue before spending $200 for new displays.

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Any chance one of you owners could get me a measurement for placement of the cabinet speaker relative to either the back cabinet wall or the lateral divider board behind the coin box? Centered side to side?
Just need to know where to drill new hole. Had to replace base of my cabinet and lost the paper with that note...

I can pull this up tonight if noone else gets a chance to look.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I'd at least try a new ribbon cable (or flip the current one end for end) to see if that is the issue before spending $200 for new displays.

Makes sense, I will give this a try tonight. I have some time to play with it before I grab a new one (im not in a huge rush, its still playable)

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

here ya go

fh-cab (resized).jpgfh-cab (resized).jpg

#622 6 years ago

Thank you!!! I'm cutting a hole this weekend now.

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Also there is a slam switch in the bottom of the cabinet to the left of the coin box (be sure to check that switch too).

I did not see this one in my game. It's not currently at my house, so I have limited time to work on it, but I did have time to check for this switch. Do they all have this?

#624 6 years ago

No going back now...

IMG_2181 (resized).JPGIMG_2181 (resized).JPG

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

No going back now...

#626 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I did not see this one in my game. It's not currently at my house, so I have limited time to work on it, but I did have time to check for this switch. Do they all have this?

They should unless removed. Usually they are bent far apart to disable this function

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

No going back now...

Keep us posted on how it goes, I'd like to do the same one of these days.

#628 6 years ago

Hello everyone I'm trying to join the club, pulling together parts for a project Funhouse at the moment has anyone got complete or semi complete Rudy's head and mech?
Need loads of bits any help appreciated Ta Tony

#629 6 years ago

Hey Everyone-I have taken on a Funhouse Restoration for a friend. The owner got in a little over his head with a playfield swap. He did not take pictures and I did not own this machine so needed some help with detailed pictures especially of the upper playfield and also each circuit board in the backbox so I can confirm all the connectors. If you can help me out or know where some good pictures are already posted please PM me and I will get you my email address.

Thanks!

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

They should unless removed. Usually they are bent far apart to disable this function

Any way you can snag a quick picture so I know where to look? I only seem to have the slam tilt switch on the coin door.

#631 6 years ago

Regarding stripped funhouse the manual on ipd is a good place to start on about page 120 it has the diagrams showing the different coloured wires and where they connect in the back box if you can try and have a look here
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/966/Williams_1990_Funhouse_Operations_Manual_November_1990_includes_low_res_schematics.pdf

#632 6 years ago

Makes sense, I will give this a try tonight. I have some time to play with it before I grab a new one (im not in a huge rush, its still playable)

Glad I at least tried re-seating the cables b4 buying the new display. Problem has magically disappeared, lol.

#633 6 years ago

I know the steps ramp has been hard to find lately. Larry at Starship Fantasy now has all of the ramps.

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

If you can help me out or know where some good pictures are already posted please PM me and I will get you my email address.
Thanks!

dirkdiggler
HIPPY

Thanks for the picture and help offers! Its always awesome on Pinside the quick help you get!

#635 6 years ago

I have an annoying problem with the AE-26-1200 kicker by the right gangway sign. It sometimes shoots the ball correctly in the middle of the right flipper, sometimes it shoots it at the right slingshot and it flies all over the place, and sometimes it shoots the ball right in the middle drain between flippers.
Anyone else experiencing this? and maybe anyone that has found a way to fix this?

I've tried: new coil, realigning the kicker mech, new spring. Nothing fixed this

#636 6 years ago

Try cleaning the trough and replacing the coil sleeve. Make sure everything is nice and tight, and that the kick out scoop isn't bent or have broken welds.

#637 6 years ago

Coil sleeve is new, as it comes with the new coil. trough and scoop is cleaned in ultrasonic cleaner and polished with canton flannel. No bents or breaks on the welds. Tightness... I think everything is screwed tight as nothing is moving/vibrating (nor mech neither scoop) when the coil fires. I'll check again though in tests.

One more thing I noticed is that the ball never hits the roof of the scoop. It comes right out of the hole flat. Isn't the ball supposed to have enough power to run across the scoop roof? Maybe AE-26-1200 is not the right coil? I don't know. I also have a cliffy there, but it's nice and tight-flat on the playfield.

1 week later
#638 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Any way you can snag a quick picture so I know where to look? I only seem to have the slam tilt switch on the coin door.

sorry mate am currently moving house and game still packed away. I'll try to get a photo soon as should be unpacked in a week or so. Maybe someone else could shoot you a pic

1 week later
#639 6 years ago

have a line on a IPB repro PF for Funhouse. I am told it is from the second run (drilled and dimpled). How would something like this line up with a Mirco quality wise?

I was planning to just buy a Mirco at some point and then just horde it until I was ready to do my restore (no time right now) when this fell in to my lap so to speak.

Just trying to gauge quality as that is my primary concern.

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

sorry mate am currently moving house and game still packed away. I'll try to get a photo soon as should be unpacked in a week or so. Maybe someone else could shoot you a pic

Thanks! The game is at my parents' house currently so I don't have too much time to work anyway.

Quoted from embryon:

To issolate the problem, turn the game off and disconnect all the connectors from the bottom of the CPU board. Then turn the game back on. If the error is no longer shown, the problem is in the playfield or cabinet wiring/switches. If the error is still shown, the problem is in the CPU board itself. If the problem is on the CPU board, usually it's a problem with a ULN2803 or LM339 chip.

I tried this the other day and got "Check Fuse 114 and 115" when unplugged. I didn't have my multimeter with me, but they visually checked out. Any other ideas?

#641 6 years ago

Just had a Mirco PF installed in my Funhouse. It had really bad mylar bubbling, especially around the clock and I finally got annoyed enough with the ball travel to look into doing something about it. There is a guy here in the Pittsburgh area (Hopewell) that will do PF swaps. I am very happy with his work!

FH1 (resized).jpgFH1 (resized).jpg

FH2 (resized).jpgFH2 (resized).jpg

#642 6 years ago

I want to add, I have the utmost respect for the people who tackle a PF swap on their own. I very much wanted to do it myself, but between having 2 cats, 2 young kids and no really good place to spread out and work on the project, I opted to find someone with the experience and workspace to do it. Was worth every penny! I have heard people talk about a new PF but wow, the ball just glides like it is on glass.

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

I want to add, I have the utmost respect for the people who tackle a PF swap on their own. I very much wanted to do it myself, but between having 2 cats, 2 young kids and no really good place to spread out and work on the project, I opted to find someone with the experience and workspace to do it. Was worth every penny! I have heard people talk about a new PF but wow, the ball just glides like it is on glass.

Yeah, mirco made the OEM PF that came in my WOZ and I'm very happy with the finish/quality. But if I can get the IPB PF @ a good enough price I may consider it.

I really dig the art bladez you have in yours. Really goes with the theme.

#644 6 years ago

Did not expect to find Funhouse near my place but i got lucky!!!!
Seems like i could join this club after all!!

Just some small stuff i like to know, the yellow numbers in the playfield clock are raised.
Heard that was a common problem with these old lights and heat.

Other thing i noticed is that the gear noice is loud when rudy's jaw moves,
and the eye's click hard when they move.

Playfield as full factory mylar still.

Been adding Red to the front and so far the only issue is that raised inserts,
any idea's where to fix this in the netherlands "south" ?

Thanks for the reply's and yay finally FUNHOUSE!! <3

2017-08-06 09.36.021 (resized).jpg2017-08-06 09.36.021 (resized).jpg
2017-08-09 13.58.27 (resized).jpg2017-08-09 13.58.27 (resized).jpg
2017-08-09 13.57.31 (resized).jpg2017-08-09 13.57.31 (resized).jpg
2017-08-09 13.56.47 (resized).jpg2017-08-09 13.56.47 (resized).jpg
2017-08-09 13.58.12 (resized).jpg2017-08-09 13.58.12 (resized).jpg
2017-08-09 13.56.57 (resized).jpg2017-08-09 13.56.57 (resized).jpg

#645 6 years ago

Very nice pictures waterdraak ! Congrats on joining the club! After having our FH for almost a year, there is still so much about this table I have yet to get close to mastering. For example, only once have i lined up the completed mirror super frenzy with a midnight multiball for huge points. There is still big satisfaction with going around the loop more than 2 times! The gameplay may not be as deep as newer tables but the shots are fun and IMHO the playfield has a nice flow to it. My wife also cannot stop swearing at Rudy, especially when he laughs at your ball drains.

#646 6 years ago

The eyes and jaw are noisy by their nature mate. I wouldn't worry. I had raised inserts around the clock which I levelled by heating them up from beneath and clamping down with a deep throated G clamp (ooh eerrr) seemingly impossible to find in the U.K. So ordered mine from the states.
How'd that red colouring turn out? Mines faded to yellow. What sort of pen did you use

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

My wife also cannot stop swearing at Rudy, especially when he laughs at your ball drains.

Haha. Mine too

#648 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

Very nice pictures waterdraak ! Congrats on joining the club! After having our FH for almost a year, there is still so much about this table I have yet to get close to mastering. For example, only once have i lined up the completed mirror super frenzy with a midnight multiball for huge points. There is still big satisfaction with going around the loop more than 2 times! The gameplay may not be as deep as newer tables but the shots are fun and IMHO the playfield has a nice flow to it. My wife also cannot stop swearing at Rudy, especially when he laughs at your ball drains.

Thanks, glad to finally join.
Damn i did play funhouse at different locations, but could never find one for sale that is working properly.
I just love this pin for so many reasons and sure the "Stay Away From The Clock" and "You Sausage!" and "Oh Boy oh Boy!" and so on i just got in love with this machine!

Rudy is pure evil!

Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

The eyes and jaw are noisy by their nature mate. I wouldn't worry. I had raised inserts around the clock which I levelled by heating them up from beneath and clamping down with a deep throated G clamp (ooh eerrr) seemingly impossible to find in the U.K. So ordered mine from the states.
How'd that red colouring turn out? Mines faded to yellow. What sort of pen did you use

Ah, i never heard these because i was never playing in a quite room.

I sure like to level my inserts but is my factory mylar not going to be a problem?
Does the factory mylar going to be flat or stil with a bubble and little raised?

Can you show me that product you are talking about , that G clamp?

That red color turns out great, not perfect but it looks great and it's red again!
Color never faded on my scared stiff pin, because that pin is never in direct sunlight but 100% not faded.

I took some photos for you to judge.
2017-08-10 10.40.20 (resized).jpg2017-08-10 10.40.20 (resized).jpg
2017-08-10 10.48.40 (resized).jpg2017-08-10 10.48.40 (resized).jpg

2017-08-10 10.49.02 (resized).jpg2017-08-10 10.49.02 (resized).jpg

#649 6 years ago

have a line on a IPB repro PF for Funhouse. I am told it is from the second run (drilled and dimpled). How would something like this line up with a Mirco quality wise?

I was very impressed with the quality on my FH Mirco. I had someone perfect the clearcoat, and he also did some minor insert work. But honestly it would've looked and played great either way. Clearcoat on mine was very good. Nice and flat. It was more about having the ultimate game for me.

#650 6 years ago

FH fans -- I'm looking for a set of Rudy eyes. Put up a marketplace ad, but thought I should check in here as well. Repro, New, or used in nice condition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/13?hl=provato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.