By mof

3 years ago

Stats

• Started 3 years ago
  • 583 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Aeolus7

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

20170520_140844_resized (resized).jpg
20170520_140839_resized (resized).jpg
20170520_140646_resized (resized).jpg
20170520_140640_resized (resized).jpg
20170520_140634_resized (resized).jpg
20170519_193428_resized (resized).jpg
20170520_152738_resized (resized).jpg
20170520_152735_resized (resized).jpg
20170520_152732_resized (resized).jpg
20170520_152726_resized (resized).jpg

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 583 posts in topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 18 days ago

I have a problem with the lock on my FH. I lock the first ball no problem. THen when I shoot the second ball into the lock, Rudy says " you can have it back buster" but the lock never kicks out a ball. Then it goes into ball search and it shoots both balls out on the second round of ball search. This just started happening today. Worked okay before. I did move the pin in and out of a car. I don't think anything was loosened. Thanks

#552 18 days ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I have a problem with the lock on my FH. I lock the first ball no problem. THen when I shoot the second ball into the lock, Rudy says " you can have it back buster" but the lock never kicks out a ball. Then it goes into ball search and it shoots both balls out on the second round of ball search. This just started happening today. Worked okay before. I did move the pin in and out of a car. I don't think anything was loosened. Thanks

I would clean the opto switches, sounds like it isnt detecting the ball in position 2.

#553 18 days ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

I would clean the opto switches, sounds like it isnt detecting the ball in position 2.

FH uses rollovers there, but yes, one is bad. Testing use the switch test in the menu, and test the switches with a ball to find the bad one.

#554 18 days ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

FH uses rollovers there, but yes, one is bad. Testing use the switch test in the menu, and test the switches with a ball to find the bad one.

Oh, I couldn't remember for sure, but I assumed they were optos, regardless like you said switch is bad.

#555 17 days ago

Awesome. Thanks guys. This will be a good project for the weekend since it is raining

#556 17 days ago

I tested the switches. They all seem to work. I tested with a MM and when I closed them there was continuity. I could not figure out how to test the switches with a ball. I went into test mode then rolled 2 balls into the lock. I could not tell by the menu if the switches were working or not. No difference between the working switch (25) or the bad switch (27) according to the test menu. Nothing really happenewd when the ball rolled over either of the switches. I am sure it is user error.

#557 17 days ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I tested the switches. They all seem to work. I tested with a MM and when I closed them there was continuity. I could not figure out how to test the switches with a ball. I went into test mode then rolled 2 balls into the lock. I could not tell by the menu if the switches were working or not. No difference between the working switch (25) or the bad switch (27) according to the test menu. Nothing really happenewd when the ball rolled over either of the switches. I am sure it is user error.

You have to roll a ball through the passage while in the switch test. You may need to adjust the wire from the sound of it, if your finger can activate the switch.

#558 12 days ago

Was changing some leds today and realized I've never cleaned under the Inserts. Took a while but wow what a difference it makes. 20170510_214013 (resized).jpg20170510_214918 (resized).jpg20170510_225947 (resized).jpg20170510_234001 (resized).jpg

Also added some Silverjet super shinny balls (thanks 2 Tommy @ Nitro) and I can't believe the difference they make. It's playing like a whole new game.
20170510_232117 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#559 4 days ago

I have scanned the original funhouse operations manual (part number: 16-50003-101) in 600 dpi, and I have cleaned it page-by-page thoroughly in photoshop so that the pages & mostly the schematics are readable.
Problem is Ipdb.org has a filesize limit of 50 mb and my file is 818 mb :S
Where can I upload the cleaned 600 dpi manual so that people can finally read its schematics?

#560 4 days ago
Quoted from provato:

818 mb

Maybe create a dropbox for it or use one of those more sketchy file sharing sites?

#561 4 days ago
Quoted from brandsilence:

Maybe create a dropbox for it or use one of those more sketchy file sharing sites?

The point is for everyone to be able to find the file easily. Ipdb is the first stop everyone is going to look for it. If I post a link here, it will be lost in the many pages of posts.
I tried compressing or decreasing the dpi (and the filesize also) but the schematics become unreadable even if I oversharpen the letters

#562 4 days ago

Can you compress only the text parts and keep schematics at original resolution?

#563 3 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can you compress only the text parts and keep schematics at original resolution?

No text parts in pdf, only scanned and cleaned images. I don't trust the OCR in acrobat and I'm certainly not going to correct all these pages of text after OCR pass

#564 3 days ago

Had to put a new coil on my Funhouse. Played a few games and shut it off. Now when I turned it on I'm not getting any lights or coils working at all. The led 5 is not lighting up. All fuses good.
So question one: Are my wires on the coil right?
And question two: Where to start to find out what's wrong. Never worked on this system before.

IMG_3649 (resized).JPG

#565 3 days ago

Your blue-yellow & blue-violet wires seem to be connected correctly. I can't see the EOS switch wires from your photos though. Maybe upload a photo or two that we can see the diodes on the coil and the eos switch cables connections.
LED 5 is supposed to be ON always (flash-lamps power led).
Is there anything working on your machine now when you turn it on? (sounds, display, menu switches etc) If test menu works, go in there and run all tests

#566 3 days ago
Quoted from provato:

Your blue-yellow & blue-violet wires seem to be connected correctly. I can't see the EOS switch wires from your photos though. Maybe upload a photo or two that we can see the diodes on the coil and the eos switch cables connections.
LED 5 is supposed to be ON always (flash-lamps power led).
Is there anything working on your machine now when you turn it on? (sounds, display, menu switches etc) If test menu works, go in there and run all tests

The game still boots with sound. I've went into test and coils and lamps don't work.

18557417_1538828396147785_6831779036869625563_n (resized).jpg

#567 3 days ago

The middle blue wire on the coil goes into the shorter EOS leaf closes to the coil. The other blue wire that is connected with the blue/violet wire goes to the longer EOS leaf.

IMG_3651 (resized).JPG

#568 3 days ago

your wire connections are correct (I would still check them with dmm just to be sure).
If all lamps and all solenoids are off, then it has to be the power driver board (or the power driver and the cpu).
Check all power driver fuses again, especially F111 (which is responsible for LED 5)

If fuses are OK, then start reading here and run the tests mentioned there:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Solenoid.2C_Flasher.2C_and_Motor_problems

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Lamp_problems

#569 3 days ago
Quoted from provato:

No text parts in pdf, only scanned and cleaned images. I don't trust the OCR in acrobat and I'm certainly not going to correct all these pages of text after OCR pass

Can you zip the whole thing? curious to see how much that saves. you could also just upload it to a free file sharing service and then just paste the link. (oops, i see someone else already suggested this)

I am curious to check this out myself as the person who sold me mine could not find the manual.

#570 2 days ago

For those of you who use LED's on the inserts. What do you use? I know FH doesnt do much dimming (attract and i think during one part of the game?) so I wasnt sure if LED-OCD was needed here.

Curious to get others thoughts.

#571 2 days ago

Also, need to replace a handful of playfield plastics. I may just end up having to buy a repro set, if anyone else is looking for plastics and would be interested in going in on a set (depending on what we both need of course) let me know.

#572 2 days ago

On the contrary, FH has G.I. dimming during midnight multiball (and other circumstances) which is vital to the game. I was lucky enough to have minimum flickering & ghosting with Non-ghosting leds (smd 5050). Others say that the ghosting in FH is the worst they've seen. If you are going to spend 150 on a board, buy the G.I. OCD (not the LED OCD) and buy only non-ghosting leds for lamp matrix.

Which plastics do you need? I have some original ones in good condition after I bought a nos set.

about the manual: I 7-zipped it and it still takes up 700 mb... I'll p.m. you when I upload it somewhere

#573 2 days ago
Quoted from provato:

On the contrary, FH has G.I. dimming during midnight multiball (and other circumstances) which is vital to the game. I was lucky enough to have minimum flickering & ghosting with Non-ghosting leds (smd 5050). Others say that the ghosting in FH is the worst they've seen. If you are going to spend 150 on a board, buy the G.I. OCD (not the LED OCD) and buy only non-ghosting leds for lamp matrix.
Which plastics do you need? I have some original ones in good condition after I bought a nos set.
about the manual: I 7-zipped it and it still takes up 700 mb... I'll p.m. you when I upload it somewhere

Can I get a link to the manual also.

#574 2 days ago

About to join the club!
Any common issues I need to know about or must have mods to add?
Thanks in advance

#575 2 days ago

Does anyone sell the lamp shade cover with "Funhouse" etched in it any more? I would love to pick one up. Thanks.

#576 2 days ago
Quoted from furnissrohio:

Does anyone sell the lamp shade cover with "Funhouse" etched in it any more? I would love to pick one up. Thanks.

try pam at pinbits.com

#577 2 days ago
Quoted from furnissrohio:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/00820-funhouse-pinball-custom-lamp-shade-give-rudy-some-love

#578 2 days ago
Quoted from provato:

I bought some non-ghosting LEDs for my Funhouse but you could still see flickering. I ended up installing a non-ghosting version of the ROM and then the flickering went away.

#579 1 day ago
Quoted from provato:

Thanks, I am going to try these LED's from comet for the inserts: "ULTIMATE OPTIX - NO GHOST, NO FLICKER, LESS STROBING" http://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1837.htm and may try a few in the GI to see how they do, and if needed, grab the GI OCD board. appreciate the input.

Will look more closely at the plastics to come up with a map of what i needed.

#580 1 day ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

try pam at pinbits.com

I have been trying to contact Pam at Pinbits. No response for a month. Does anyone know how to get in touch with her?

#581 9 hours ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I have been trying to contact Pam at Pinbits. No response for a month. Does anyone know how to get in touch with her?

Did try you calling? If she doesn't answer my emails I call the number on the website. She's always answered the phone and been very helpful. Just remember that she's on Pacific time!

#582 8 hours ago

Never thought I'd actually be able to join the club, but it happened!!!! Found this right in my back yard. Needs a good shop job. GI connector is burned out but the boards look great with no damage. It's a re-import from the Netherlands (apparently) but has already been converted back to US outlets.
20170520_140844_resized (resized).jpg
20170520_140839_resized (resized).jpg20170520_140646_resized (resized).jpg20170520_140640_resized (resized).jpg20170520_140634_resized (resized).jpg20170520_152738_resized (resized).jpg20170520_152735_resized (resized).jpg20170520_152732_resized (resized).jpg20170520_152726_resized (resized).jpg20170520_141138_resized (resized).jpg20170520_140857_resized (resized).jpg20170520_140846_resized (resized).jpg20170520_140851_resized (resized).jpg20170520_140849_resized (resized).jpg20170520_140854_resized (resized).jpg20170519_193428_resized (resized).jpg

#583 6 hours ago

Looks good, congrats on the pickup!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 859.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
There are 583 posts in topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.