IMG_2284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2285 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2283 (resized).jpeg
sn74ls374n_physical_package.jpg
w89_pwr_u1.jpg
IMG_7666 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
20240416_132929 (resized).jpg
There are 5,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 104.
#5151 49 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

That sounds like a short to me. Electrical reason anyway, not mechanical. I thought Slam Tilt initially when you said the game resets. On the switch matrix, the slam tilt switch is in column 2, and along with it in that same column are all three of the locked ball switches. If you had something unusual going on with those locked ball switches, it might explain the coil firing trying to release the locked balls repeatedly.
I would open up the game and then look closely at any and all wires going to those column 2 switches. Wiggle them and see if anything seems loose. Press the switch itself in and out a few times and see if it seems like it is sticking or not working smoothly. A switch can have an internal short as well as the wires being externally shorted together somewhere. I don't think it is related to the ball going into the scoop holes. That was probably coincidental. Make sure what you're seeing is happening as you've stated. When Funhouse powers on or off, it will always eject the locked balls. So if you had some reason for the game to reset FIRST, and then it fired the eject coil from the lock area SECOND, but did it repeatedly, it might still be saying it's an issue with those locked ball switches, but the reason for the reset would be different than the slam tilt. Do you see what the display is doing when it resets? Does it flash asterisks across first or just go blank and come back on? A friend's game had a slam tilt issue and the slam tilt initial display imagery is different than a regular reboot.

Thanks for the thorough reply. I ended up with a diode reversed on one of the tunnel switches. When the ball hit that switch it acted like a slam tilt, but also reset. Once I swapped the wire to the correct side of the diode it worked fine. Honestly, I’m surprised that I didn’t have more of these issues since I replaced all of the switches. The lock disc was a completely separate issue. One of the lock switches was sticking sporadically, so it was trying to eject a ball that wasn’t there. A quick bend of the wire cleared it up.

With those two issues resolved I’m happy to report that my first restoration/rebuild is done - complete - finished! It was a slippery slope. Once you start refreshing things it hard to stop. Plus, this machine was in really rough shape so lots and lots of new parts. I’ll tackle FishTales next, but that machine is in very good shape so it won’t be nearly as challenging!

Thanks for all of your help!

#5152 48 days ago

I need some guidance please. I was playing Funhouse yesterday played three games. I walked away from a machine and I came back and it was dead. I don’t know if a fuse is blew. The digital display is out. No, sounds or display when I turn it on.
Any thoughts or where I should start checking stuff would be great. Thank you. Litz

#5153 48 days ago

Is there still power to the outlet the game is plugged into?

#5154 48 days ago

Very good question. Yes it’s plugged in. All the red lights on the boards are on.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5155 48 days ago

Ok, that's good.

So no displays and no sounds?

What is happening on the playfield? Any lights on? Attract mode lights going on and off? If you press the start button, does it kick a ball out into the shooter lane?

#5156 48 days ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Very good question. Yes it’s plugged in. All the red lights on the boards are on.[quoted image]

What voltages are you seeing at your test points?

#5157 46 days ago

First thing I would do is easy stuff like check fuses and reset ribbon cables.

#5158 42 days ago

To install L9 rom it suffices to just cut off the leg going from W1 to W2 ?
thx

#5159 42 days ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

thx

https://mattsbasementarcade.com/installation/wpc-cpu-jumpers/

#5160 42 days ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

thx

W1 should be in and w2 should be removed. For the bigger ROMs.

I just use a piece of cut off diode lead to make a jumper.

If W2 is installed you can snip it off and then install a jumper in the W1 posistion.

#5161 42 days ago

Is the L9 rom that different? I’m running L2 and haven’t seen much difference in videos.

#5162 42 days ago

This post goes into the trap door timing change between versions. I think 9 also adds some lighting effects when entering high scores and 905 adds Rudy eyeblinks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-club/page/81#post-6957673

#5163 41 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

W1 should be in and w2 should be removed. For the bigger ROMs.
I just use a piece of cut off diode lead to make a jumper.
If W2 is installed you can snip it off and then install a jumper in the W1 posistion.

Thx but...
What do you mean by install a jumper in W1 ?
have a picture?

#5164 41 days ago

From pinwiki see the things that look like resistors? They are zero ohm resistors (aka jumpers).
You can use a piece of wire to replace. The dotted line on W1/W2 shows where the wire should go.
pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#5165 41 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

From pinwiki see the things that look like resistors? They are zero ohm resistors (aka jumpers).
You can use a piece of wire to replace. The dotted line on W1/W2 shows where the wire should go.
[quoted image]

and should I remove the little brown resistor (?) ? with the black band or can it stay there?

#5166 41 days ago

You complete the path on only one set either w1 OR w2 not both

So remove it

2 weeks later
#5167 22 days ago

trying to figure out what post this is (circled) so I can order it. Does anyone know? The threads can't be too long or they block the subway below.

Pinside_forum_5631270_1979098 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5631270_1979098 (resized).jpg
#5168 19 days ago
Quoted from calla76759:

trying to figure out what post this is (circled) so I can order it. Does anyone know? The threads can't be too long or they block the subway below.

That should be part number 02-4056.

#5170 15 days ago

LED Question. I installed the

I’m sorry. pencilneck is right. It should have an 8/32 base thread so 02-4056 is correct.

#5171 15 days ago

Lighting/LED Question. I installed Comet LEDs in FH with both OCD Boards. In some of the individual lamp tests I get multiple LEDs flashing at the same time. For example, when I test SuperDog (Lamp 53), it flashes but so does Trap Door, Extra Ball and Left Gangway. There are multiple cases like this. Do I have some diodes backwards or it an issue with the LEDs/OCDs. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 22.50
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 5,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 104.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.