Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jahbarron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20120116_215217.jpg
IMG_20120116_215130.jpg
IMG_20120116_215048.jpg
IMG_20120116_215008.jpg
IMG_20120116_214957.jpg
IMG_20120116_214948.jpg
IMG_20120116_214932.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Hey guys, picked up a Funhouse sunday to restore. Also got a brand new IPB playfield with the deal. The game, as it sits is in pretty bad shape. Worn to the wood, slow playing, in general need of some attention.

I plan on rebuilding all the assemblies, cleaning/replacing as needed everything as I make the playfield swap. I ordered all new ramps and plastics already, and will order more parts as the teardown occurs, and the requirements are assessed.

I will keep you guys posted as to how it goes, wish me luck!

IMG_20120116_214932.jpg IMG_20120116_214948.jpg IMG_20120116_214957.jpg

#2 9 years ago

The GI Connector was burnt to a literal crisp. Will be replacing that before I start the teardown, like to have everything "100%" before I begin.

IMG_20120116_215008.jpg IMG_20120116_215048.jpg IMG_20120116_215130.jpg

#3 9 years ago

good luck! way to save a classic, I look forward to more posts and pics.

#4 9 years ago

Here is the new Playfield, sorry for the dark photo, will take better pictures later.

IMG_20120116_215217.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Wow, not joking that does look a tad burnt. Keep the pics coming of progress.

#6 9 years ago

Wow, sad to see a classic get in that shape, but I'm sure it'll look great when you are done with it.

#7 9 years ago

Wow, now that's a beat playfield. Good thing it's a moot point with your new pf for it.

I have a FH, and an IPB pf for it. My shooter lane and ball drops are worn a bit, but otherwise it's pretty decent. Been holding off on the replacement, but that time is approaching.

Nice cabinet on yours. Good luck on the restoration.

Funhouse is one of our "never sell" pins. What a great game.

Brian

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Wow, now that's a beat playfield. Good thing it's a moot point with your new pf for it.

It makes me happy that this game got played so much. Always fun to resurrect a game because it needs it, not just because.

#9 9 years ago

It should also make you happy that I totally wanted that game and PF. You win! Enjoy the winter project and I wanna see Rudy up by the last thaw.

#10 9 years ago

Too be honest, the original PF is fine by me. The mylar saved the important stuff. Then again, I'm not an LED, dick-in-the-coin-slot kinda guy. I like a well playing game and, too an extent (much further than that PF), could care less about inlane/outlane/pop bumper wear. I mean, I wouldn't pay $5000 for something in that condition, but I would sure wax it up, tweak it, and play the hell out of it.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from CVTSTZ:

pinster68 said:Wow, now that's a beat playfield. Good thing it's a moot point with your new pf for it.
It makes me happy that this game got played so much. Always fun to resurrect a game because it needs it, not just because.

Agreed. That's one of the reasons I'm struggling with the decision to swap the pf. I appreciate the wear from years of arcade life. It's amazing they hold up so well sometimes with the abuse they get.

#12 9 years ago

I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Was using a small tripod rotisserie but decided to build a larger one.

http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i369/raddroxx/FunHouse/?action=view&current=IMAG0846.jpg

If you need reference pics, I've uploaded them here: http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i369/raddroxx/FunHouse/

#13 9 years ago

Yeah, that pf is definitely not bad and saveable. I would touch it up, clear it, and play the heck out of it too. But, I'm sure you'll enjoy the new IPB PF as well. Hope your old PF goes to a good home.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Then again, I'm not an LED, dick-in-the-coin-slot kinda guy.

I'm not either, in fact I kind of hate LEDs. However, the game, as it sits, is not playable. Since I am going to be rebuilding everything anyways, a new Playfield makes sense. If anyone wants dibs on my old one, send me an offer. It will prob be a couple weeks before I have everything torn off.

#15 9 years ago

Looks like a nice project but i think you need to change your username!

You have an awesome 4 pin lineup, btw.

#16 9 years ago

It looks like Rudy has taken too many balls to the mouth

steve

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from sscharf:

It looks like Rudy has taken too many balls to the mouth

Rudy for sure needs some new lipstick. If I can't make it look good, will just replace the jaw.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from CVTSTZ:

jahbarron said:Then again, I'm not an LED, dick-in-the-coin-slot kinda guy.
I'm not either, in fact I kind of hate LEDs. However, the game, as it sits, is not playable. Since I am going to be rebuilding everything anyways, a new Playfield makes sense. If anyone wants dibs on my old one, send me an offer. It will prob be a couple weeks before I have everything torn off.

I was just jiving, really. Next to Earthshaker, I bet this has to be one of the more complex teardowns. I can't believe you were able to land the pin WITH a PF repro. His WH20 deal was through the roof, too. An extra PF and ramps!

#19 9 years ago

I just laughed at my LED dick-in-the-coin-slot joke again. I blame winter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port St. Lucie, FL
$ 25.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside