Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Shabnam
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm quite new at this so bear with me. I decided to do a flipper rebuild on Funhouse, new coils and all. Things went south because I didn't take into account that the diodes on the new coils faced differently than the ones on the old coils. I fixed, went over the circuit schematics and managed to get the flippers working but instead the ball trough dispenser won't work when balls hit the microchip sensor and instead of kicking out 1 ball it usually kicks out 2 (I've only got 3 balls in the machine). I've checked and re-checked the wiring up and down the whole play field to make sure that there wasn't a disconnect along the way, the micro switch measures fine (maybe I need to disconnect it completely before measuring?) and I went over the fuses and made sure they were all right and not blown but to no avail. Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

Did you test the trough switches and the shooter lane switch in test mode? Obviously some switches are working or it would not start.

#3 5 years ago

Remove all the balls. Take the apron off. Go into switch test and press each of the trough switches and the switch in the shooter lane. One of those switches is not working.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the info! I checked each switch in the trough and yup you were right, both the out hole switch and left trough switch don't work. I checked the wire connections and they're all connected, opened each switch up to see if the connector points needed cleaning, it wasn't that and I even tried putting in new switches but none of it worked. im at a loss.. I read somewhere when the U20 chip blows it causes trouble in the switch matrix but I doubt it's that since it's only these two switches. Maybe you guys know how I can check if the chip is fine just in case? And if you have any other ideas on how to fix this problem I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions! Thanks in advance!

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Shabnam:

And if you have any other ideas on how to fix this problem

Figure out the common wire from the out hole and left trough switch, and where it goes to at other switches. You have a break or bad connection from those switches to other switches to the CPU.

LTG : )

#6 5 years ago

Green wire with violet stripe. Check the switch matrix in your manual page 2-39, the "7's" column. See if all those switches on that column work. If just the out hole and left trough don't work, check that wire for continuity from switch #74 center trough to out hole switch #73 , and check continuity from switch #71 right outside flipper return lane to switch #72 center trough.

You have a break on that wire.

#7 5 years ago

Thank you guys for excellent advice. I found the problem and indeed it was the green wire with the purple marking. A cow worker had accidentally disconnected it from the right jet bumper and soldered it on to the wrong eod switch connector. Took me some time to figure it out but after comparing the other jet bumper eod switches it became quite obvious. I never would have spotted it if you guys hadn't told me to take another look.

So that's fixed and now I'm dealing with the start button, right trough switch and right slingshot kicker switch telling me that row 3 is shorted, now i'm looking at the orange and white wire and not finding anything yet again. Everything seems fine, probably a problem i'm just overlooking like the last one. Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone for the advice already given, it was incredibly helpful!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Shabnam:

probably a problem i'm just overlooking like the last one.

Unplug ROW 3 connector from CPU, if problem remains you have a board issue. If it goes away the problem is out in the game. Follow the row 3 wire for shorts to wiring or at switch lugs. If nothing maybe disconnect one at a time to see if a switch is shorted internally you can't see.

#9 5 years ago

Thanks LTG! As soon as I removed plug J206 the start button switch opened up so it must be out in the game. Kind of makes me relieved since it's not the board or any of the chips acting. On goes the search!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-ball-trough-dispenser-unresponsive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.