right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Promo video Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #38 Preorder link for PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #121 Promo photos Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (2 years ago)

Post #672 Review and instructions from an early adopter Posted by pinballonthemark (2 years ago)

Post #693 Gameplay video 1 Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Post #694 Gameplay video 2 Posted by stumblor (2 years ago)

Post #716 Gamplay video 3 and 1.0 gameplay video Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1116 Ramp Switches - Important checks for 2.0 to work correctly Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stumblor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 2 years ago

This looks fantastic. Congratulations to everyone involved. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

#208 2 years ago

fastpinball any details on what coding platform was used for this? Was it MPF?

2 weeks later
#340 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mission accomplished too ! My first fun house
[quoted image][quoted image]

I don't want to alarm you but you have a bounty hunter hiding in your games room

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#371 2 years ago

Overall, great job to everyone involved and huge respect for the massive effort of getting this off the ground. FH 2.0 (and the new Fathom) represent only the tip of the iceberg for what will hopefully be a huge back catalogue revisit over the next few years, and I'm really excited by the possibilities.

Agree with some (if not all) of the comments above. With the voice, love it or hate it, it's a different game, so we get a different voice. It's like expecting James Bond to always be Sean Connery. That being said - there are still some obvious bugs with the code in its current form. There are reports that you guys intend to ship soon. I personally think it would be a mistake to ship without sorting these problems out first, especially around the voice syncing, Rudy switch hits not registering etc. Hard to tell, but there also seemed to be some mode overlap on the mini screen. Not sure how easy that new FAST controller will be to update, but personally I would prefer to wait for another couple of months until you dialled it in a bit more first.

Big exposure for Pedretti on this project, and I truly hope that it's a massive success for you. It's looking hugely promising.

2 weeks later
#490 2 years ago

It should be arriving with me in the next few days, so will post a gameplay video as soon as its all setup. Installation notes are interesting - theres a pinsound firmware update to do right out of the gate, so some late changes. Possibly the background music I'm thinking?

I don't think its Ed Boon.

3 weeks later
#688 2 years ago

Andrea @ Pedretti (and Janos, the coder) have both been massively appreciative of our efforts. Between that and the knowledge that we've helped in some small way to bring this product to life - that is more than enough!

Videos coming tonight!

#694 2 years ago

More video recorded, and more on the way soon.

Any questions or comments, hit us up in the thread or on PM.

beta team

AMSNL WizzardRob stumblor UVAJED

Also re BoP 2.0 - I'm in!

#775 2 years ago

For anyone that might be worried about HighVoltage 's creative credentials, I suggest you checkout his website.

https://ccpinball.square.site/

By the way your business name is being used by someone else.

https://www.circuit-circus.com/

Quoted from HighVoltage:

But whatever, I don't really want to pile on with criticism, just wanted to give my thoughts and move on.

Move on then.

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I've spent some time on the videos and I feel like my only initial (minor) criticism is that Rudy sounds like an auctioneer at times shouting numbers. "10 minutes" then "10 minutes". Then "750,000". I've never felt that I needed to keep track of time in Funhouse given that the giant clock is featured in the middle of the playfield. Perhaps you just get used to ignoring him as you play but that was what I noticed pretty much right out of the gate.

We've raised this on the issue tracker. It will certainly get reviewed at some point, if not before release then certainly as part of the code update process.

Quoted from Dewey68:

I'm assuming the flashing GI in the gameplay video is due to LED's? I have incandescent bulbs in mine. I have paid my deposit, but I'm still having a hard time with Rudy's voice. Rudy is just such an iconic pinball character that it's hard to get past that. If Ed Boon was doing the voice, or someone who sounded like the original Rudy, I don't think I'd have the reservations that I have. I think Pedretti has done a nice job but Funhouse may not have been the best pin to start with. I'm still on the fence.
An option to add an autolauncher would really add to the gameplay.

Ed Boon is onto bigger projects than pinball and was literally uncontactable. And they tried, and tried, and tried. All I can say is that once you play the game a few times, he grows on you. All of the beta testers feel the same way, and we all had reservations at the start. Rudy has different voices, because he has multiple personalities. Rudy is sick. And getting sicker. I feel sorry for Rudy, but it is what it is.

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

My guess is they're running some flavour of pinmame like Lisy does, unless they've managed FPGA hardware emulation which would be kinda clever. If it's pinmame, the source should be available as it's supposed to be open-source.

Surprisingly, it's not pinmame - or an FPGA. It's a teensy 4.1 that is emulating the original cpu motorola chip.

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Interesting. I did the pinmame tweaks for DP in their BOP 2.0 package (when it runs 1.0) and it was a real fiddle. For FAST there must be a lot of framework around the Teensy, would be nice to find out more.
By the way stumblor how is the BOP?

Loving it mate, thanks. Searching for the 2.0 kit

2 weeks later
#913 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

It shows! Thanks for the long day of work. That's one box I will NOT be throwing in the recycle bin after opening.

I've still got mine. They are way too nice for my recycling

#940 2 years ago

Sorry guys but it's not simply a case of 'the code already exists'. V1. 0 code is run using the original ROM on an emulated Motorola processor. This isn't pinmame where you can add exceptions and extend the code somewhat. To make changes to 1.0 you'd either have to reverse compile the rom (and be shit hot in assembly), rewrite it from scratch on the new platform then add changes, or possibly work out how fast are emulating the processor and lobby them to implement some exception functionality. None of these are going to happen as part of this project so please don't expect that it will.

Updates for 2.0 will definitely be released. What the scope of those are is still yet to be decided by Pedretti.

1 month later
#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from ComBonec:

UVAJED I did also experience problems with the opto in front of Rudys mouth. Never had any problems in 1.0, but in 2.0 there is no detection of Rudy-hits from time to time.

Thanks for reporting - this is currently being looked into, and possibly has something to do with the difference in switch debouncing between always-open and always-closed switches. Will report back when we know more.

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

post #1116 would be helpful as a keypost.

Done

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Hello everyone, had time to install the new code today, noticed that the first time I hit E in steps it’s giving me a tilt warning every time. After that first hit the E operates as normal until you spell steps. I haven’t figured out if it does it on the 2nd or 3rd try. And also noticed the the Rudy not always registering hits is still happening. I also want to take the time to say thanks to everyone involved in making this and also helping to make this better!

Hey Bay78 the rudy hits issue is currently getting looked into, hopefully more on that soon.

The tilt issue strangely is something we were looking into last night with @uvajed. We thought it could be his machine, but clearly it's something else, possibly any earlier board firmware version. We'll keep investigating at this end and get back to you soon.

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

OK. I seem to be down to my last problem. (Add me to the list of backwards ramp switch wires) I am also tiliting on "E". First hit registers fine but every hit after is a tilt warning and eventually tilt out. If I go into switch test the E switch registers E, Outhole and Ticket Dispenser but not TILT. I don't see Ticket Dispenser on the switch matrix any idea on what that is tied to?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks a lot for the detailed info that really helps. We're currently collating details on this with the people that are experiencing it and are on the case to work out what's going on. Will follow up over PM.

1 week later
#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

On that note, I am glad someone called it out earlier because it is not mentioned anywhere else that I can find and should be sticky'd. If you have an earlier one with the Sys-11 sound, you need a 30pin cable - around a foot long.
I imagine not everyone has one of these just laying around. I only did because I'm a hoarder of old PC parts...and even then, I only had one.

Thanks very much for pointing that out - I've now tagged this as a key post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stumblor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare?tu=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.