right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Promo video Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #38 Preorder link for PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #121 Promo photos Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (2 years ago)

Post #672 Review and instructions from an early adopter Posted by pinballonthemark (2 years ago)

Post #693 Gameplay video 1 Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Post #694 Gameplay video 2 Posted by stumblor (2 years ago)

Post #716 Gamplay video 3 and 1.0 gameplay video Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1116 Ramp Switches - Important checks for 2.0 to work correctly Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Haven’t received an email from planetary pinball yet. Preordered as soon as I could. Hope to soon since they have my deposit. But assembling my game anyway Afer the refurbishment. Will install the new decals and powder coated metal bits tomorrow. Than install my new playfield with all new bits. I want this 2.0 to come to my home soon! Love the old game,
But so looking forward to this upgrade.

Me too ☺️

#1120 2 years ago

I am curious, in the videos for this I notice smooth LED dimming. Does this required LED OCD even with the kit? I assume so?

#1122 2 years ago

Wow awesome, does it handle the GI too? Good to know.

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I only meant that the Rudy's Nightmare kit didn't require you to have LED OCD in order for the game to work. Our FAST Controller doesn't require you to remove them, either.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I see I guess I should reword the question .. will the game have the fading of gi and Inserts without it ?

#1140 2 years ago

I get great shipping rates via Shopify, something tells me PPS needs to get better rates.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Lol..demonic baby saying "ga gahh gaahhh gahhh gahhh"

I think it was die die die

Quoted from UVAJED:

Solved and was nobody's fault

Exorcist?

1 month later
#1618 1 year ago

Does 2.0 work fine with incandescent bulbs ?

#1621 1 year ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Yep.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Cool I am buying one that’s getting restored , he makes them like original which means no LeDs lol . I can of course easily add them … but I like to keep his work of art as intended

PS I worked for Citrix for many years I know that’s you partner(Brian’s) old world haha .

#1625 1 year ago

Awesome well I will leave it as intended then ! I have his WH20 and it’s quite nice with the incandescent light so I am not pressed to go LEDS at all .

I am an fan of pinstadiuns so I may experiment with that see if it helps light it up more but it may just wash it out . But really when you have all new bulbs it’s quite bright !

2 weeks later
#1701 1 year ago

I haven't played the game yet(well I did at TPF but I didn't notice) but yeah use the locks when possible. Now I am ok with having to launch my own ball on occasion like in WCS when you are in the final match thats cool and more fun that auto launch IMO.

#1705 1 year ago

Couple of questions.. can the pinsound that comes with 2.0 be used to play the original game ? Meaning original CPU and Rom and/or display .

Also I assume that the answer is no .. but can you play the original game with the pin fast board . Meaning no 2.0 code and Original alphanumeric displays ?

#1710 1 year ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Yes. We will be offering our FAST Retro Controllers as replacement controller boards. We had a Funhouse in our booth running the way your describe at our NW Pinball Show this weekend.
We also had examples of this scenario with Medieval Madness and Cyclone.
Aaron
FAST Pinball
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok cool , the reason I ask is that I am getting a fully restored funhouse and maybe this sounds silly but I want run it as original for a little while just because . But I do have the 2.0 kit .. so my buddy who is restoring can use the CPU and soundboard for others games if we can do this .

After a short time I will definitely finish the 2.0 install just want to enjoy essentially a brand new original funhouse for a bit .

I assume we just need to load the original funhouse ROM on to the fast pinball board ? Seems how to do that is not yet documented .

3 months later
#2078 1 year ago

Two issues since update .

1. The game doesn’t always put a ball in my shot or flame reliable , was totally fine before update .
2. Game plays regular music along with bonus music at end of ball.

Side note , anyone think we need different bonus music ?

#2085 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

we ran the Funhouse 2.0 version .99 at the Ann Arbor pinball show. did not have a single problem the entire show. Many hundreds of plays.
i think most of the problems seen are existing issues with marginal games. Funhouse does not take well to time, and at 30+ years, most are beat beyond death, due to time and the popularity (number of plays.) All the stuff i read sounds like typical beat up Funhouse issues, and not with the kit. Now the kit may make some of these issues more obvious, but that's probably the extent of it.

My game is practically new rebuilt from scratch , but seems what I have are known bugs . Overall 2.0 is solid .

2 months later
#2223 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

When Shopify over quotes shipping, Suzanne will always refund the difference of actual cost.

FlipperFreak oh ok cool . I get amazing UPS rates on Shopify .

1 month later
#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

bumping my post, PinSound it would be really nice to get an answer how to update the sounds files on the XL card.
Thanks!!

They told me that something was as “coming soon” in regards to the psp files

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Just listed a few more

I made a deposit but haven’t heard back ?

2 months later
#2425 1 year ago

That 1.0 topper is cool ! Can’t find it

2 months later
#2729 10 months ago

Anyone who has the topper find it just strobes in 1.0 ? I’d rather is just be solid .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 22.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare?tu=mando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.