right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Promo video Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #38 Preorder link for PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #121 Promo photos Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (2 years ago)

Post #672 Review and instructions from an early adopter Posted by pinballonthemark (2 years ago)

Post #693 Gameplay video 1 Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Post #694 Gameplay video 2 Posted by stumblor (2 years ago)

Post #716 Gamplay video 3 and 1.0 gameplay video Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1116 Ramp Switches - Important checks for 2.0 to work correctly Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 2 years ago

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I wonder how well they were able to sync Rudy's mouth to the new voice call outs.

I have Full Throttle and think the coding was well done so it's encouraging the same programmer is doing this.

#169 2 years ago

If they are a few weeks from release I'm guessing they have a game that plays. An actual gameplay video along with the announcement would have alleviated a bunch of this speculation regarding features.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Hello!
We have more than one game working!
As write before we are waiting WMS approval for start post everything and send out kits!
Game in the announcement is one of the working games at our place.

Thanks for the response. I'm curious as to the reasoning behind making the announcement before you had Williams approval and a gameplay video.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

How these deals usually work is that you need "final" approval on what assets were used and how they were implemented. WMS (Scientific Gaming) wants to make sure that you're not using their marks anywhere or stepping on any properties in a way that they don't want. I can tell you from first hand experience that none of the lawyers at Scientific Gaming know much or care at all about pinball, however the red tape is standard for intellectual property. Pedretti Gaming (and company) also want that signoff/waiver of liability in the event that something comes into question down the road.
Most times you also want an idea of demand to see if its worth the investment, and you don't get an idea of that without some form of announcement/teaser media.
While licensing discussions are underway, you're still wanting to do some field testing to make sure the software/hardware stack holds up. Most times, studios will allow you to produce so many prototypes that are outside of the typical licensing agreement for this purpose. From there, you're working on a bare bones set of code, enough to give the player enough immersion into the theme with the plan to add on more assets later as the studio approves.
Glad to see this happening. Funhouse is definitely a favorite game of mine.
-- Jimmy

Thanks for the detailed response. I guess that makes sense and I gather you can't show gameplay video if it has any Williams assets until you get approval.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The only limitation should be in the batches that they are made, and whether there are large gaps or small gaps in between.

Thanks for not making it limited! It tells me you have confidence in the product and don't need to rely on FOMO to boost sales.

2 weeks later
#287 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm surprised at the negative thoughts before you've seen the final product. Mine will be at the NW Pinball & Arcade Show in June if you want to try it out and play it before deciding to buy!

Well, I think it's only natural a vacuum of real information gets filled with both positive and negative speculation.

2 weeks later
#462 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

So if you don't like the voice.. you know what you can change that with Pinsound....

I kind of wish people would stop using Pinsound to give manufacturers a pass on poor sound choices. Not saying you're giving them a pass, just a general observation, looking at you TWD.

3 weeks later
#575 2 years ago

Sending full payment went it isn't required sounds like a personal problem to me.

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

When it first went up it was the only option through Cointaker- not a personal choice

Quoted from arcademojo:

I have my whole $1 down payment with email from CT. I'm in on this 100% even if it takes until the end of the year. Do not rush it out. Take your time and make it right. Pinball has been a waiting game for years. Most of us can wait.

I'm confused...

Strange that Cointaker required full payment at that time when no one else was and then didn't require full payment later.

If that was the case, I'll take back my "personal problem" comment and make it a "distributor problem".

#597 2 years ago

Would be excited to see gameplay video. Requests for money without it, not so much.

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I get it, but I don't necessarily agree. I already know how the game shoots, which is typically how I choose. I don't care to see every aspect of this since it is simply a rule change...the overall game is not going to change THAT much. Is it a lot of money? Yeah...it is, and may not be worth it in the end....but it's still cheaper than a NiB :p or used for that matter.

Yeah, it just rubs me the wrong way when companies and/or distributors start asking for money when the product isn't even far enough along to show a decent video of the gameplay. Especially when it's a new company with no track record.

More often than not they claim shipping in 'x' number of weeks/months and it ends up being many multiples of that, if at all.

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, but to be fair, it's just a deposit to gauge serious interest.

Perhaps I'm being cynical but I suspect there's more to it than that. Time and again we see how hype and the possiblity of what might be, pre-sells games. I think they know that once people have money in they're more likely to go ahead with their purchase versus placing a new order after the game is fully revealed.

Doesn't mean the game won't be great, just means that regardless of how good it is they get more sales.

#661 2 years ago

I don't really care how, when or on what people choose to spend their money. The follow up posts where some pre-order buyers complain about long delivery times, poor quality, not what they were hoping it would be, etc. can be a little annoying.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Considering many of you drop 10k on new games with little more than a reveal trailer, it amazes me so many are giving these people so much grief.

I'd venture to guess the people that are asking for more video are not the same as the ones who drop 10k with little more than a reveal trailer.

#702 2 years ago

Thanks for posting the videos UVAJED and @stumblor!

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It looks like this project is coming along nicely but I was struck by the contrast of the 1.0 vs 2.0.
Bally/Williams really nailed the music/sound effects/lighting choreography.
It is really a high bar to reach.

Rudy's mouth tracks the voice a lot better in 1.0 too. Hopefully this will be tweeked.

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

As callouts change frequently in the code in beta phase, the mouth sync is not adapted to perfection all the time. Of course the sync is a huge aspect and a lot of fine tuning has already been done and will continue to be implemented. From an overall progress point of view It just makes more sense to shift this task to a litte later stage towards finalizing.
According to the videos, what timestamps/callouts are you referring to as out of sync? I might not see the forest for the trees

You'll notice at 7:27 of UVAJED's video his mouth closes before he finishes saying "the trap door is open". This is consistent in most everything he says. Hmm...perhaps it's just a video/sound delay and not related to the game.

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Sounds simple to me. When in 2.0 - do a long press of the start button (or any other button combination determined by the new program) to enter the menu. This is brand new software so can be coded any way they see fit. When in 1.0 (unmodified original software running via emulation)- do a long press of the start button and the FAST pinball controller can recognize this as an event which can trigger the game selection menu.

I like this option. Especially if it takes time to boot up the game after making your selection, in the case where they were able to return to the selection screen after every game.

#844 2 years ago

Has anyone thought about adding an autolauncher...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare?tu=jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.