right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Promo video Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #38 Preorder link for PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #121 Promo photos Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (2 years ago)

Post #672 Review and instructions from an early adopter Posted by pinballonthemark (2 years ago)

Post #693 Gameplay video 1 Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Post #694 Gameplay video 2 Posted by stumblor (2 years ago)

Post #716 Gamplay video 3 and 1.0 gameplay video Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1116 Ramp Switches - Important checks for 2.0 to work correctly Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkaelin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1836 1 year ago

Anyone receiving orders from Cointaker? I ordered on 11/20/21. Did I miss a memo or something?

3 weeks later
#1881 1 year ago

Who do we talk to if we have a problem with our kit...(like significant missing parts)?
What is the most effective route?
Edit: I submitted a support ticket to CoinTaker.

2 weeks later
#1921 1 year ago

My game is stuck in an infinite loop. See video here:

I believe all of the cables are properly connected. I have tried re-seating cables, and even installed a new ribbon cable between the MPU and power driver boards. When booting up, the light on the sound card goes from white, to blue, and then eventually to green. Look at 1:00 to see the system recycle. I didn't hook up the cable to the sub in the cabinet yet, but everything else is hooked up. BTW, I tried to submit a ticket to Pedretti, but it won't let me log in to the system to check on my ticket, even though I registered my email.

#1928 1 year ago

Is there a trick to removing and reseating the daughter board on the sound card? Those plastic clips are holding tight and I don't want to break anything.

#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Was it working prior? I wonder if your Start button is wired backwards.... Seems the game is booting back to the main selection screen over and over again to me (as if you were to press and hold your start button for an extended amount of time.)
Not sure if that's truly your issue, but it's where I would start.
Good luck and report back with findings.

Thanks for your reply. This is the first install, into a fully working, awesome FH.
Regarding the start button, I have attached a pic, is there any obvious visual way to see if it is backwards?

IMG_3528 (resized).jpegIMG_3528 (resized).jpeg
#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

...try to disconnect the start button wires/plugs....and see if you still have the same reboot and/or other issues.

I disconnected the green and white wires and powered up and it appears to have booted properly. I couldn't actually start a game yet, since the start button was disconnected. So can I just reverse the green and white wire, and plug them back in to the start switch and go? I am not familiar with the start switch wiring. Thank you all so much for your help. EDIT: Ok, I looked up the wiring on the switch. The red and yellow are the bulb and the green and white are the switch.

#1940 1 year ago

So I tried various things, based on the recommendations and here are a few tips you have probably heard before:
1. Check the connection (the two red wires) at the transformer to make sure that you are getting adequate power to the power driver board.
My 5V was low until I reseated the connectors, but reseating it addressed the issue.
2. Check tip 2 on the power driver board to make sure you have 5v.
3. Check your start button to make sure it is wired properly.
4. Be sure to fully seat the daughter board on the sound card. I had to remove the plastic stand offs to get adequate contact.
Thanks again for all of the help.

1 month later
#2096 1 year ago

I had a solid, well-working game. I installed the original kit, and eventually got it going just fine. Then today I upgraded after following the instructions and now the game won't boot. On power up, the monitors don't even turn on, no game lights. I've got power to the boards, cables all look good and seated. Help!

#2099 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

I would suggest to take your time and do the updates again. You can't hurt the SD card or USB thumb-drive by doing so. I would also say to make sure that you fully format each card/drive (using Fat32 quick format only).
The only thing that could have changed with you updating, to disrupt the hardware (lighting etc), is to follow Wariodolby advice above and make sure that you didn't happen to wiggle loose the Pinsound daughter card when you were removing the SD card; because your results aren't due to a firmware/software update.
If that doesn't get you up and running; please remember to follow the key posts here and open up a support ticket, so you don't feel lost and waiting for resolutions.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/31#post-6900090

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible that the board would be damaged if the daughter board became disconnected while powered on?
My daughter board pulled right off the mounts when I tried to adjust a cable, and the whole daughter board came off off while powered on.
Just want to make sure nothing was fried.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 22.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkaelin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare?tu=bkaelin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.