right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Promo video Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #38 Preorder link for PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #121 Promo photos Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (2 years ago)

Post #672 Review and instructions from an early adopter Posted by pinballonthemark (2 years ago)

Post #693 Gameplay video 1 Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Post #694 Gameplay video 2 Posted by stumblor (2 years ago)

Post #716 Gamplay video 3 and 1.0 gameplay video Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1116 Ramp Switches - Important checks for 2.0 to work correctly Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 61.
#1 2 years ago

Does anyone have any more info about this. Looks interesting...

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/funhouse-2-0-rudy-s-nightmare

2021-11-15 16_16_27-Home • Ministry of Pinball (resized).png2021-11-15 16_16_27-Home • Ministry of Pinball (resized).png
#3 2 years ago

I don’t get the association FAST / pinsound. I wonder if the FAST is there to create animations on the small screen. If there was a custom software, you shouln’t need a pinsound board since the audio is controlled from the board. Maybe I’m missing something otherwise.

#4 2 years ago

https://fb.watch/9jIjLYmhwA/

Yes it's official!

Full reveal is FRIDAY!! Stay Tuned!

#5 2 years ago

Following

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I don’t get the association FAST / pinsound. I wonder if the FAST is there to create animations on the small screen. If there was a custom software, you shouln’t need a pinsound board since the audio is controlled from the board. Maybe I’m missing something otherwise.

It probably works on top of the existing code, not as a full replacement

#8 2 years ago

I already have pinsound and a shaker in my funhouse.

I wonder if i have to buy them again?

#9 2 years ago

Excited to hear more though can imagine this is going to cost more than my beater FH is worth!

#10 2 years ago

Is that a new Fast board similar to the PROC that replaces the WPC MPU?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is that a new Fast board similar to the PROC that replaces the WPC MPU?

A FAST Controller used in a kit like this would replace the original WPC MPU but, unlike a proc, it will run the original game
roms onboard. This provides the ability to play the original 1.0 game with no latency.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#12 2 years ago

#13 2 years ago

oops. My phone sucks at commenting today!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

oops. My phone sucks at commenting today!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

It's probably still catching up from expo.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

A FAST Controller used in a kit like this would replace the original WPC MPU but, unlike a proc, it will run the original game
roms onboard. This provides the ability to play the original 1.0 game with no latency.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Very nice

#16 2 years ago

Am I understanding this has a new 2.0 code? Who did the programming?

#17 2 years ago

Thursday we will post something exclusive here about the concept of the new game!

STAY TUNED!

#18 2 years ago

Would be awesome to have a shaker opinion. First time me and the wife have been excited about something new coming out in along time.

#19 2 years ago

Interesting. Looks expensive, though. Following.

#20 2 years ago

Humm. Listening.
Sounds interesting.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Would be awesome to have a shaker opinion. First time me and the wife have been excited about something new coming out in along time.

I added the Pinshakers shaker to mine before I sold it. Good product.

#22 2 years ago

I’m in!

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Interesting. Looks expensive, though. Following.

BOP 2.0 is listed at €2,175.00... and that didn't come with a backglass or PinSound. So it's got to be north of that, no? That kit also went on a game, at the time, was "reasonably" priced. When BOP 2.0 first landed you could grab yourself a BOP for a fair price and end up with much more. How much more can you squeeze out of a Funhouse? It has always been at the top of the range for that era of game, I'll speculate that this kit is likely to push Funhouse's well into the $10K+ market.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

BOP 2.0 is listed at €2,175.00... and that didn't come with a backglass or PinSound. So it's got to be north of that, no? That kit also went on a game, at the time, was "reasonably" priced. When BOP 2.0 first landed you could grab yourself a BOP for a fair price and end up with much more. How much more can you squeeze out of a Funhouse? It has always been at the top of the range for that era of game, I'll speculate that this kit is likely to push Funhouse's well into the $10K+ market.

I've seen many already listed for $10000+. This kit has to be similarly priced. Probably a bit more. That's a lot to sink in an old game like FH. At least for me. I love FH but don't think it's a $10000+ game.

#25 2 years ago

Following too.

#26 2 years ago

I already have a new CPR glass, new speaker panel, pinsound, pinsound shaker and art mirror blades.

I would just want the FAST board and game ROMs. I can just add the sound package to my existing Pinsound.

Pinsound built in shaker routine is excellent as it stands. Im hoping that the new sound package includes a shaker routine.

Im hoping that this is an option.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I've seen many already listed for $10000+. This kit has to be similarly priced. Probably a bit more. That's a lot to sink in an old game like FH. At least for me. I love FH but don't think it's a $10000+ game.

If this game kit sells ok though, it does establish a sort of approach for this type of thing. I have no idea how much work goes into this but if it's repeatable, there could be other games. That said, I genuinely hope that ALL of the new assets are created specifically for this project and not "borrowed" from the community.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Thursday we will post something exclusive here about the concept of the new game!
STAY TUNED!

I show that it's Friday in Italy. Did I miss the announcement?

#29 2 years ago

Interesting, subscribed

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Is your MPU board similar to what Pinsound is to the audio board ? If so then this is super exciting! Where can I find out more about the MPU board?

#31 2 years ago

Yeah, the idea of new rules sounds fun, but I hope there is a partial package available for those who already have pinblades and don't care for that backglass re-do.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, the idea of new rules sounds fun, but I hope there is a partial package available for those who already have pinblades and don't care for that backglass re-do.

I agree.

My game is so loaded, Im not removing anything for this.

But Im very interested in a new CPU board, game software and sound/shaker routines for my pinsound shaker!

#33 2 years ago

All will be revealed on the Pinball Magazine website: www.pinball-magazine.com in about an hour...

#34 2 years ago

It would be cool to have more speech and interaction with Rudy. Love to have a mode where he taunts you and heckles you for missing shots.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It would be cool to have more speech and interaction with Rudy. Love to have a mode where he taunts you and heckles you for missing shots.

So like you can have full conversation with Rudy? AI Rudy will be able to give life advice. Let's just hope we don't have any "Son of Rudy" incidents.

#36 2 years ago

looks absolutely awesome!

https://www.pinball-magazine.com/

#37 2 years ago

Here's the promo video:

Looks like they put a lot of work into it. Congrats on this reveal.
Read all about it on the Pinball Magazine website: www.pinball-magazine.com.

#38 2 years ago

You can reserve your's here - first to reserve are the first to get the kits when available ... which is very soon!

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-KIT-RUDY-NIGHTMARE&Store_Code=PP

#39 2 years ago

Need to see some game play and hear what this actually sounds like. I hope Rudy’s voice is the same as the original and nothing like what I’ve heard from the pinsound videos!

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You can reserve your's here - first to reserve are the first to get the kits when available ... which is very soon!
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-KIT-RUDY-NIGHTMARE&Store_Code=PP

The site says sold out. Is adding my email the same as reserving? I did that.

#41 2 years ago

I’ve been clamoring for Funhouse 2.0 for years! Bravo! Though I still think CGC should remake it.

Also 1 System 11 remake per year! What will be next? Whirlwind?

#42 2 years ago

The voice is going to be different than the original - how could it not be? Still looks like lots of fun imo. I'd be in at that price.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Is adding my email the same as reserving? I did that.

Yes

#44 2 years ago

Awesome. This looks amazing.

#45 2 years ago

Awesome, congrats to all invloved in making it. Always thought Funhouse would be a great one to add a DMD type screen to.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Is your MPU board similar to what Pinsound is to the audio board ? If so then this is super exciting! Where can I find out more about the MPU board?

We will be sharing more about the new board sets in the coming weeks. Everyone has been focused on getting this first project released. So exciting!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#47 2 years ago

A color dmd on Funhouse is sweet, and the mirror replaced with a mini screen is really cool.
Can you play the original game on it also?

** Edit. Well. After ten minutes of deep thinking. I'm on the list. LOL, can't wait to get this!

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Also 1 System 11 remake per year! What will be next? Whirlwind?

Here's a list...

System 11 games:

Grand Lizard
High Speed
Road Kings

System 11A games:

F-14 Tom Cat
Fire
Millionaire
Pin-Bot

System 11B games:

Big Guns
Space Station
Cyclone
Banzai Run
Swords of Fury
Taxi
Jokerz!
Earthshaker
Black Knight 2000
Transporter The Rescue
Police Force
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Bad Cats
Mousin Around
Whirlwind

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yes

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep! One of the platform requirements was to be able to play the original game roms with game play as close to the original game, as possible. No latency. We think we nailed it!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 22.50
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare?hl=marklard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.