right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 61.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did his eyes Ever follow the ball around? Guess you could add a laser guidance system to his eyes lol.

Red light, green light?

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

The joke's on you, his eyes do follow the ball around in the original. A clever trick based on the location of the switches.

Guess that’s why I asked Did the eyes ever follow the ball around. Not sure where the joke is. Pretty clever engineers.

#403 2 years ago

On the waiting list on planetary pinball’s website. Can’t wait. I assume we will get an email when the kits is available to purchase?? Restoring my funhouse to make it like new when the kit is available.

Am I correct by saying it will be available in January 2022? Hope to get one of those shirts if possible to either frame or just wear and let my friends be jealous.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

On the waiting list on planetary pinball’s website. Can’t wait. I assume we will get an email when the kits is available to purchase?? Restoring my funhouse to make it like new when the kit is available.
Am I correct by saying it will be available in January 2022? Hope to get one of those shirts if possible to either frame or just wear and let my friends be jealous.

I’d be more excited about the shirt than the kit from what I’ve seen!

#405 2 years ago

Are Rudy's eyes moving and follow the bal like original game?
Yes sure!
When Rudy is hit by the ball is detected by the game?
Yes sure and there is an animation, sound fx and callout for it. Like original game.
Are callouts "a lot" like the original game?
Yes
Why the 2.0 is not copying more the original game?
FH original game is like fine art, we had to take inspirations and make something slightly different. If we copy it we was going to fail.
In our kit you can play original game and FH2.0, it's a super combo.
Are all the shots, switch, holes, ramps etc used in the 2.0 game?
Yes sure
Monday I reply to all the request for become beta tester!

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Red light, green light?

That would have made a great mode!!

You have to cradle the ball while Rudy has his eyes open. Game could detect flipper press, if you release early Rudy sees you and it's mode over (or auto ball drain!). Then when he closes his eyes hit lit shots like crazy (with a countdown to when he opens his eyes again). You need to hit all the shots in time, music gets faster and more intense as time runs out and playfield clock arrows tick down!!!

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Yes sure!
Yes sure and there is an animation, sound fx and callout for it. Like original game.
Yes
FH original game is like fine art, we had to take inspirations and make something slightly different. If we copy it we was going to fail.
Yes sure

I think it is great (and impressive) what you guys are doing. I hope the project is a big success!!

#408 2 years ago

I am still excited, i like the screen and animations Alot. This is really high quality! So cool to get some deep rules and ball saver.

I think its also very cool that this is not a generic set for all system11 or something. The additional mini screen is also integrated nicely.

I would love to see some more real gameplay showing the modes in detail, or a rulesheet would be nice

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Guess that’s why I asked Did the eyes ever follow the ball around. Not sure where the joke is. Pretty clever engineers.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Guess you could add a laser guidance system to his eyes lol.

So it was a sincere and intelligent question and you weren't suggesting it would have extreme engineering requirements like laser guidance?

Joke's on you twice if you think anyone believes that. You look funny trying to pedal your bike backwards!

#410 2 years ago

You have a Rudy avatar, you should know these things haha

#411 2 years ago

Speaking of Rudy's eyes following the ball, got me wondering if any other games use this kind of clever trick to respond to ball position?

Only played it a few times, but I think in AMH the ghost spins towards the ball as well. Any others? This clever trick really gives a game some extra character.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Speaking of Rudy's eyes following the ball, got me wondering if any other games use this kind of clever trick to respond to ball position?
Only played it a few times, but I think in AMH the ghost spins towards the ball as well. Any others? This clever trick really gives a game some extra character.

Cap bzar in party zone. His head follows the ball movement.

#413 2 years ago

Would be funny if he goes cross-eyed during multiball. Make him dizzy, then smack him in the mouth for a dizzy Jackpot.

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Homer’s head in TSPP.

#415 2 years ago

I wanna be a beta tester.

LTG : )

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oktoberfest.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wanna be a beta tester.
LTG : )

Me too!!!

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Would be funny if he goes cross-eyed during multiball. Make him dizzy, then smack him in the mouth for a dizzy Jackpot.

That would be funny. Unfortunately, based on my recent inspection of the eye mechanism, the eyes are not mechanically able to go in opposite directions. Would be cool, though.

#419 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

That would be funny. Unfortunately, based on my recent inspection of the eye mechanism, the eyes are not mechanically able to go in opposite directions. Would be cool, though.

They do when they are broke!

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Homer in TSPP I think

#421 2 years ago

The eyes following the ball is so much cooler than just turning the entire head, though.

#422 2 years ago

Animations in the LCD look great, really looks like a nice product. Can't wait for the finished product to be available for purchase!

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Animations in the LCD look great, really looks like a nice product. Can't wait for the finished product to be available for purchase!

That feeling of excitement to see a new video. Only to see that it's someone reposting the same video from days ago...

#424 2 years ago

I’m a likely customer but haven’t yet pre ordered. The way the original still looks and plays is critical to me since I want to see the screens operating while playing the original and see what it looks like. I’m also curious if the sound in the original gets upgraded by the speakers (I realize the sound files themselves are low quality because of the rom chips).

I do want to support this project as well because it is a great idea. The price point I’m mixed about but it’s cheaper than a new pinball game would be and on the plus side it won’t take up the space a new game takes up in my game room.

Personally I don’t care about side blades and even if I saved $50 I’d order without them since I’ll never use them. I’m just not a sideblade guy.

At the end of the day - it isn’t fair for anyone to fully judge until they play. I think I could get used to the voice. I’m also wondering if the programming would be open to others to create their own customizations too?

I wish the developers well. You may see my name on the order list in the next couple months. I don’t see myself selling my Funhouse and this is a way to keep it fresh.

#425 2 years ago

Homer is random to avoid a patent claim. His movement is entirely random not tied to switches.

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Homer is random to avoid a patent claim. His movement is entirely random not tied to switches.

This. Williams had the patent on it. The Dino in DE JP originally followed the ball around in proto software but they had to change it to randomly move around.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That feeling of excitement to see a new video. Only to see that it's someone reposting the same video from days ago...

Do you mean in hopes of seeing a better video that actually makes you want to get the kit?

#428 2 years ago

lol right - pretty disappointed by the teaser that was supposed to be a gameplay video

Yes sure!
Yes
Yes sure

Quoted from mollyspub:

Do you mean in hopes of seeing a better video that actually makes you want to get the kit?

#429 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

LOL, of course! I really think if we see gameplay video we are going to be happy. It seems like they have their act together and put a lot of work into this.

**Fingers crossed

#430 2 years ago

I think what we're seeing is that it isn't ready yet. I do find it strange how people who make things in the pinball world don't seem to have any concept of what people want to see when showing off something. I mean, it should be a straight forward 'what would 'I' want to see to convince me to buy this?' But..so many seem to miss the mark.

Ultimately though, it probably wouldn't matter one way or the other.

#431 2 years ago

Eyes installed…. Now waiting on the kit to arrive
0A3AFC2D-9B65-482C-A62E-6FB65A62612B (resized).jpeg0A3AFC2D-9B65-482C-A62E-6FB65A62612B (resized).jpeg34A2F261-4029-4F39-A740-D48C131106E5 (resized).jpeg34A2F261-4029-4F39-A740-D48C131106E5 (resized).jpeg

2AE5B0FF-78E3-43D5-A702-14D96FB3A336 (resized).jpeg2AE5B0FF-78E3-43D5-A702-14D96FB3A336 (resized).jpeg
#432 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I think the Stern topper for Black Knight sword of rage follows the ball.

#433 2 years ago

Ive seen enough of the Bad Rudy voice...

I want to see if they ruined the original 1.0 voice.

I have pinsound in my game already with 5 of the alt orchestrations.

Personally, I only like the original "classic" sounds and voice.

I hope they didnt f#ck it up....

I do however like the "IT" soundtrack one...

Being Pinsound, Im also curious if you can still change up the orchestrations like on all pinsound systems.

Currently my Funhouse has a Christmas orchestration running....

#434 2 years ago

Ball 4???

d89b9a9df976ee45235ca43e18b51beb3763ccf7.jpgd89b9a9df976ee45235ca43e18b51beb3763ccf7.jpg
#435 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Currently my Funhouse has a Christmas orchestration running....

On the sixth day of Christmas Rudy gave to me.....

#436 2 years ago

I have it on 5 balls. He loves to have more balls in the mouth….

#437 2 years ago

Would love to be a beta tester

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

I have it on 5 balls. He loves to have more balls in the mouth….

Though shall never have a pinball machine set on more then 3 balls. God has spoken

#439 2 years ago

Pinball is hard I need 5 balls buster

#440 2 years ago

This really takes a good game to the next level. Had the opportunity to play it this weekend and it was a blast!

IMG_4624 (resized).JPGIMG_4624 (resized).JPG
#441 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

This really takes a good game to the next level. Had the opportunity to play it this weekend and it was a blast![quoted image]

I really hope that isn't a spelling error on the mini screen. Looks like it should say "collect ten minutes to light mirror"?
The grammar police are big here and that would drive me insane

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I really hope that isn't a spelling error on the mini screen. Looks like it should say "collect ten minutes to light mirror"?

Good catch! Would drive me nuts, too.

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I thought the same thing! This is unacceptable

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

This really takes a good game to the next level. Had the opportunity to play it this weekend and it was a blast![quoted image]

So good for you but could you go into more detail? What is good? How does it work? Are the modes easy to understand. Are inserts used to guide through modes etc.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think I'd rather hear Alexa's voice than that fake Rudy.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Must be a European thing. My Jolly Ride uses lits when it should be lights...

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5085&picno=28785

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Must be a European thing. My Jolly Ride uses lits when it should be lights...
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5085&picno=28785

I understand the idea of releasing teasers to create a buzz, but making people wait after that release like this is making it tough not to nitpick every little thing while I probably would have just insta bought this mod now I really am not sure with all of these questions floating around. Hope in the end everything works out and this mod is awesome. Looking at that message on the mirror would remind me of the "extra balle" message of fishtales.
The Rudy image behind the score looks cool, and hopefully we can all be pleasantly surprised when we finally get to see gameplay.

#448 2 years ago

I'd like to be a beta tester. Either home use or can put on location to get a lot of feedback.

Mike

Yes sure!
Yes
Yes sure

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There are some grammar to be polished, it does indeed say "Lit". I am sure this and other minor stuff can/will be corrected.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

So good for you but could you go into more detail? What is good? How does it work? Are the modes easy to understand. Are inserts used to guide through modes etc.

I played the game during a busy game night and others wanted their time with the game so I was not able to dive deep into it, but I can say it was a pleasant experience and the game felt like it was reborn. The animations are really good.
If I had a Funhouse this would definitely be something I would add.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/9?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.