right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 61.
#351 2 years ago

looking forward to this .... hoping to see what title comes after this one !

#352 2 years ago
download.jpeg-1 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
#353 2 years ago

I hope they make enough kits so everyone can have one

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I hope they make enough kits so everyone can have one

They are only making 5. Get your auction boots ready!

/s

#355 2 years ago

According to the Pedretti FB page, it looks like game-play video will be posted tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing this in action!

facebook feed (resized).pngfacebook feed (resized).png
#356 2 years ago

#357 2 years ago

Can’t wait to see this

#358 2 years ago

Ok it's Friday. Where's the video?

#359 2 years ago

Is Daniele Acciari on pinside?

#361 2 years ago

It's really hard to tell from the video how gameplay is. Not sure what I was expecting, but it's hard to tell what the objectives are and if there are different goals or it's basically a retheme with the same shots. I mean, I guess it's not like they could really create "new" shots.

#362 2 years ago

Would’ve been much better to see real gameplay. You know, like playing an actual game. This is more like an expanded teaser commercial. I am still intrigued, but not in love with the voice/music (from what little ad has been revealed). The catchy music and humorous taunting is really what drives Funhouse for me. This seems to have lost that macabre/peppy balance in favor of trying to be creepy in an ineffective cartoonish way.

#363 2 years ago

I don't think they are showing anything here how to qualify just to see what an assortments of modes there are? The animations look amazing and I for one dont mind the voice at all. Nice to see Rudy's mouth move with the voice!

#364 2 years ago

Animations are amazing and well integrated. I love Ball saver Zoltar.
Hunted rollercoaster is great too!
It think they are showing what we requested here to show

#365 2 years ago

That video is underwhelming. Does it looks fun? yes! But for the price they are asking for the kit they should give much more details about rules and modes, scoring and such.

#366 2 years ago

Thanks for posting the video. It's nice to get a glimpse into how the modes are integrated. I don't mind the new voice, it's the lack for music that seemed off to me. Perhaps it was just a mic/audio balance, but that funhouse tempo backtrack seemed to be lacking in the preview. Pretty awesome never-the-less and thankful to have options.

Edit - Rewatched the video and it seems most the video clips were of modes (with alt background sounds), so i guess the main groove track might not have been showcased.

Still pretty cool and am intrigued to see more.

#367 2 years ago

Showing snippets of the game being played is not what is usually meant by a "gameplay video."

And I hate to be a downer, but that voice is a no-starter for me. You guys really should have held a focus group or something before committing to it. If you were going for old-timey villain, you nailed it, but it just ain't Rudy. Also, the mouth synchronization that Williams worked so hard on with the original is completely lacking from what I could tell. The mouth just seems to move randomly during speech, and a lot of the uncanniness of his head seeming to be alive is missing.

The display looks nice though!

Maybe it will wind up being so much fun that I could overlook (overhear? ) those issues. Can't tell from this teaser.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Gameplay video:

It looks like the Rudy jaw integration with the speech needs quite a bit of work. This was mentioned here on pinside.

I also see that Rudy hits arent recognized?

I like the modes. I love the ball saver.

The music seems uninspired. It all sounds the same.

I hate Rudy's voice, not because its different, but because its too over-acted. I think its all about a bad script.
The voice integration is too much Rudy. There needs to be added elements to break it up a bit.

In my opinion The Rudy voice is just bad. It might be able to be tweaked in the editing studio.
the over acting has to be addressed, it makes me cringe.

Great video over-all.

I looks like this has huge potential, but its very rough right now.

#369 2 years ago

Nice to see a little more teaser (3 min video)

Agreed; voice isn't Rudy (I understand he's now evil with new voice to be expected) and the synchronization on his mouth is way off!

Hopefully, 2.0 will be polished a lot more.

#370 2 years ago

Call the sonic team !

475D45B5-D21A-4BF8-A40B-8D2D8EF5AFF6 (resized).png475D45B5-D21A-4BF8-A40B-8D2D8EF5AFF6 (resized).png
#371 2 years ago

Overall, great job to everyone involved and huge respect for the massive effort of getting this off the ground. FH 2.0 (and the new Fathom) represent only the tip of the iceberg for what will hopefully be a huge back catalogue revisit over the next few years, and I'm really excited by the possibilities.

Agree with some (if not all) of the comments above. With the voice, love it or hate it, it's a different game, so we get a different voice. It's like expecting James Bond to always be Sean Connery. That being said - there are still some obvious bugs with the code in its current form. There are reports that you guys intend to ship soon. I personally think it would be a mistake to ship without sorting these problems out first, especially around the voice syncing, Rudy switch hits not registering etc. Hard to tell, but there also seemed to be some mode overlap on the mini screen. Not sure how easy that new FAST controller will be to update, but personally I would prefer to wait for another couple of months until you dialled it in a bit more first.

Big exposure for Pedretti on this project, and I truly hope that it's a massive success for you. It's looking hugely promising.

#372 2 years ago

It seems like the sound is lagged in at least some of the cuts, making it hard to judge how well Rudy's mouth is synced to his speech. Overall looks pretty interesting, looking forward to seeing more. What music I hear sounded good enough, although the original tunes set a pretty high bar.

#373 2 years ago

Rather disappointing honestly

#374 2 years ago

I have a FH for sale if interested. Needs shopping, Rudys head rebuilt. PM if interested. Not cheap sorry..

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Rather disappointing honestly

I'm still wanting to love this. I'm hoping it's just a weak preview and that gameplay video will seem more fluid and inspired. I think they'd be helping themselves out to release a quick vid of an actual game before people dismiss it.

#376 2 years ago

Definitely going to wait until I can watch some true gameplay video from an early adopter before plunking down 2k. I hoped this would be an obvious must have from today’s video, but for me the jury is still out, if not now leaning a bit more in the direction of a soft pass. I like the hardware upgrades and animations. The backglass and side blade art is meh. Definitely wouldn’t use the 2.0 glass. The code, music, and voice integration are big question marks for me. I do appreciate the effort so far and hope that it gets refined into something that I feel is worth the expense.

#377 2 years ago

To he fair...i have yet to see a preview for pinball stuff that gets me hyped. Marketing just isnt strong in this hobby.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That makes me wonder if anyone has hooked up red LEDs to his eyes to give him a demonic glowing stare

I made an interactive mod for mine. It's actually very red, but the camera has trouble catching that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-diy-mods-all-games#post-5754154

I sold a few, still have a couple left.

#379 2 years ago

Hello Guys!
With this video we want to show the mood of the 2.0(not a horror game)
New code have a lot of nostalgic Easter eggs and a lot of stuff from 80/90
This version played is an early version (beta tester version have a lot of implementation)
We are working hard for improve and make the game a success like the original Funhouse.
I'm taking note of all the suggestions and critics because we care about the community and we love Funhouse like everyone here.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Hello Guys!
This version played is an early version (beta tester version have a lot of implementation)
We are working hard for improve and make the game a success like the original Funhouse.
I'm taking note of all the suggestions and critics because we care about the community and we love Funhouse like everyone here.

That is good to hear, good luck and I hope your hard work pays off and we get a great new game kit. At the moment, based on the new video, there is a lot of work to do. The criticism in the posts above is accurate and needs attention.

Please, when you release the next video, show actual game play footage from start to finish of a 3 ball game, or at least progressing through a few modes. If the video and sound isn't in sync, don't release the video. You did yourself a disservice this time around, Funhouse is all about the tense build-up the game places the player during the game, having music that does this and synchronizing Rudy's mouth movement when he speaks is essential. Without this, no matter how flash your new kit appears initially, it will have a dramatic impact on sales and damage your reputation.

Looks like you have the framework together for your concept. Now you need the professional touch of an experienced pinball programmer to apply the polish and buff to a brilliant shine. Hopefully yours is up to this task.

#381 2 years ago

I am intrigued by this whole thing. I am still on the fence with buying one, but I might!

#382 2 years ago

Ya, I was hoping for an actual gameplay video instead of tidbits. I also want to see the 2.0 play the original mode to see if it is similar to the original. From what I have seen so far, I am still in for a kit.

#383 2 years ago

My bad mistake, we upload a not sync video (wrong one)

We re-upload the correct video:

#384 2 years ago

This looks MUCH better...keep them coming; please.

#385 2 years ago

Hello Guys!

If you need someone to beta test and stream the game, I volunteer.

#386 2 years ago

I'm so sorry, I personally made that mistake..
Thanks for all the email!

#387 2 years ago

Man cant wait, what a great theme.. and to update it to a more modern machine, fantastic.

#388 2 years ago

That's better, at least the mechanical sounds of the game are in sync with the video. Unfortunately Rudy's mouth is way off and does not represent the motion required for the words spoken. This is going to take some real programming talent. Larry Demar is a genius!

#389 2 years ago

Awesome.. Got a funhouse I'm restoring now. Perfect

#390 2 years ago

Had my name on the pre-order list, as I was beyond excited to see a DMD version, but after seeing the video I am a bit underwhelmed to say the least. Doesn't seem to keep that nostalgic feeling Funhouse had. The voice, sound effects, and music (or lack there of) seem drab. Just my opinion of course.
I probably will pull out of the pre-order, and keep an eye out to see if it gets an update in the future.

#391 2 years ago

Looks good to me. Animations are great. I think if you're looking for the same vibe as the original, you're going to be disappointed, but the original was a pretty high bar that's going to be tough to recreate (and I don't really think that's the goal anyway). I would like to see the original played on this system to compare.

I always thought the way Rudy's mouth synced up perfectly with his dialogue in the original must have been very difficult to do, and it looks a little spotty here. I do miss Rudy saying "ow" or something when you hit him. The new voice - eh - I can live with it...

#392 2 years ago

Can you send a video over with the glass on?

#393 2 years ago

I think within 10 days we are going to have plenty of videos from beta testers.

Next week we can make a video for answer to some requests.
I have to play more games on it

#394 2 years ago

Thanks for the video!

A few questions I have:

- I didn't see Rudy's eyelids move at all in the video posted. Are there any plans in place to use them? Rudy is one of the most loved, and dynamic mechs in all of pinball, and it'd be a crime not to use all of his functions to give him life again. Same for the timing of his jaw coinciding to his speech.

- Is the background music really that low or is it just the way the camera captured it? All of the audio just seems flat, and barely there. If it was the camera maybe for the next video you could use a direct audio capture straight from the board so we can hear it over the mechs.

- I don't know if there were present, and I just didn't hear them, but will there more audio cues when things happen (ie: ball kickout from the scoop, and bashing Rudy with a ball)?

I'm warming up to the artwork. Love the new screens, animations, and side blades. Light show is good too!

Overall I'm delighted to see an attempt to breathe new life, and make a sequel of sorts to this wonderful pin. I just hope that the finished product is more polished, and does the title justice.

Thanks again for all of your efforts!

-Paul

#395 2 years ago

Animations are very nice. The monkeys are cute!

#396 2 years ago

This has made me think about what makes Funhouse and some of the other Bally/Williams games great.

It seems to me that Funhouse, AFM, and MM all rely on a unique balancing act of wonderful art, innovative playfield toys and humor. All three games are quite simple in terms of rules. Funhouse probably has the most unique layout of the three. I think you really can’t underestimate the value of humor for all three of these games, especially for FH and MM.

Music is also huge for FH. FH music is so catchy and paced setting. Without it, the game falls flat.

#397 2 years ago

Well, I don't immediately hate it which is pretty rare for me when it comes to these sorts of conversion projects, so good job haha! The display animations actually look great, better than what we get on a lot of brand new pins IMHO.

I think sound is the only big issue here. Music isn't great but the main issue is that nothing the ball hit seemed to make any sound effects, which leaves the game feeling pretty lifeless. In Funhouse everything from hitting the ramp to hitting an inlane rollover has some sort of sound accompanying it, and often a small light show as well, whether or not they're actually lit for anything. Makes the game feel interactive even if you're not actually accomplishing anything.

And yeah, Rudy's mouth could be synced a bit better. I can't help but wonder if it would be better to base the movement off of the waveforms of his audio instead of manually animating every callout? I've programed something like that before and it works well as an easy method for simple lipsyncing.

#398 2 years ago

"I didn't see Rudy's eyelids move at all in the video posted. Are there any plans in place to use them? Rudy is one of the most loved, and dynamic mechs in all of pinball, and it'd be a crime not to use all of his functions to give him life again."

I thought the same thing. His eyes need to follow the ball around - use the eyelids, etc.

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from not4tilts:

"I didn't see Rudy's eyelids move at all in the video posted. Are there any plans in place to use them? Rudy is one of the most loved, and dynamic mechs in all of pinball, and it'd be a crime not to use all of his functions to give him life again."
I thought the same thing. His eyes need to follow the ball around - use the eyelids, etc.

Did his eyes Ever follow the ball around? Guess you could add a laser guidance system to his eyes lol.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did his eyes Ever follow the ball around? Guess you could add a laser guidance system to his eyes lol.

The joke's on you, his eyes do follow the ball around in the original. A clever trick based on the location of the switches.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 29.95
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/8?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.