IMG_1956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7666 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7358 (resized).JPG
IMG_0706 (resized).jpeg
system upd (resized).JPG
microswitch mount (resized).JPG
20240228_152610 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 63.
#3101 48 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

WizzardRob Do you have any idea when this will be fixed? Has Pedretti said anything recently?

I don't know that but i think it is FAST department. So no idea if this is an action item anywhere

#3102 48 days ago

The audio playback in FHRN is handled by the included PinSound board, and I believe it uses remastered sound files rather than emulating the Williams ROMs.

#3103 47 days ago

Have a question for all you 2.0 owners out there. How does the classic game mode look on the new display? Does it still maintain the character of the old alphanumeric display or does it look more modern? Anyone have pictures they’d care to share?

#3104 47 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Have a question for all you 2.0 owners out there. How does the classic game mode look on the new display? Does it still maintain the character of the old alphanumeric display or does it look more modern? Anyone have pictures they’d care to share?

It's alpha numeric. The shots you've been seeing are from 1.5 and 2.0. It looks like any other implementation of alphanumeric on digital lcd. It's not the 'glow' of a real one and it is NOT an exact replica of the Funhouse screen since it is bigger, but it's passable.

#3105 47 days ago

Here is a Video with 1.0 Gameplay on the Kit

#3106 46 days ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Here is a Video with 1.0 Gameplay on the Kit

Thanks. This very helpful.

2 weeks later
#3107 28 days ago

What I was wondering is if every game over could revert to a choice of games screen? Seams like that would be better for a game on location or at home. That way when I want to change games it won’t serve a ball. That would be a more finished game for all.

#3108 28 days ago
Quoted from rickeve:

What I was wondering is if every game over could revert to a choice of games screen? Seams like that would be better for a game on location or at home. That way when I want to change games it won’t serve a ball. That would be a more finished game for all.

Not a bad idea, but the game would have to re-initiate each time if it went back to the game select menu - ultimately adding more boot time between every game play. In addition, you would have to be quick to check your scores before it leaves the screen... I hear you on the ball serving on long press, but thankfully it doesn't plunge or cause operating errors (at least based on the testing I've done in the past)

#3109 28 days ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Not a bad idea, but the game would have to re-initiate each time if it went back to the game select menu - ultimately adding more boot time between every game play. In addition, you would have to be quick to check your scores before it leaves the screen... I hear you on the ball serving on long press, but thankfully it doesn't plunge or cause operating errors (at least based on the testing I've done in the past)

I think there are ways to make it work, like don't reboot until the user makes a choice and only if the choice is the other game. The basic idea of a more intuitive and easier way to switch games is really good. As it is, no user on location would ever discover pressing and holding the start button.

#3110 28 days ago

Just wanted to throw in a few comments to this thread:
The funhouse 2.0 kit was developed around the same time as we were working on No Good Gofers 2.0 and likewise some of the FAST products were being developed at that time as well to satisfy customer needs, customers such as me that is. So then, Cardona Pinball elected to wait until the FAST audio solution was completed and that is one of the things that delayed us in releasing our product. Pedretti beat us to the punch, so to speak, and released before us using the pinsound solution for audio. I had a lot of consternation at that time as I really was trying to be the first (well, after Dutch anyway) but I think now it is evident that waiting on FAST and working with them to beta test their product was the right choice.
Having said that I wanted to let it be known to the community that both of our products, No Good Gofers: Battle for the Green and Black Rose: Skull and Bones already us the FAST audio and decoding algorithm and as such if/when either of these games are remade there will be no impact to 2.0 buyers as they will already have the equivalent system.

I hope that doesn't seem like a hijack, but I know that with this problem coming up and the previous discussions a lot of people are becoming wary of the 2.0 and I just want to make it clear that our product uses the FAST hardware.

#3111 27 days ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

Just wanted to throw in a few comments to this thread:
The funhouse 2.0 kit was developed around the same time as we were working on No Good Gofers 2.0 and likewise some of the FAST products were being developed at that time as well to satisfy customer needs, customers such as me that is. So then, Cardona Pinball elected to wait until the FAST audio solution was completed and that is one of the things that delayed us in releasing our product. Pedretti beat us to the punch, so to speak, and released before us using the pinsound solution for audio. I had a lot of consternation at that time as I really was trying to be the first (well, after Dutch anyway) but I think now it is evident that waiting on FAST and working with them to beta test their product was the right choice.
Having said that I wanted to let it be known to the community that both of our products, No Good Gofers: Battle for the Green and Black Rose: Skull and Bones already us the FAST audio and decoding algorithm and as such if/when either of these games are remade there will be no impact to 2.0 buyers as they will already have the equivalent system.
I hope that doesn't seem like a hijack, but I know that with this problem coming up and the previous discussions a lot of people are becoming wary of the 2.0 and I just want to make it clear that our product uses the FAST hardware.

Does it really matter which one came first ? I think FH 2.0 has been a success and this is mainly due to good new software with good animations and ideas. Pedretti supported it also with a lot of bug fixes and from what I’ve seen, a lot of motivated testers who supported the project. No offense but the comparaison ends here with the other kits: moreover for sales and people sharing experiences.
Also, Pinsound is offering really solid and professional hardware and they are a proven company. Even if the sound of the original ROM is not 100% accurate, it’s still really close and probably most of the players didn’t even noticed the difference.
I’m not saying the Pedretti’s software is now perfect but they worked a lot on it to create a fun experience.

#3112 27 days ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Does it really matter which one came first ? I think FH 2.0 has been a success and this is mainly due to good new software with good animations and ideas. Pedretti supported it also with a lot of bug fixes and from what I’ve seen, a lot of motivated testers who supported the project. No offense but the comparaison ends here with the other kits: moreover for sales and people sharing experiences.
Also, Pinsound is offering really solid and professional hardware and they are a proven company. Even if the sound of the original ROM is not 100% accurate, it’s still really close and probably most of the players didn’t even noticed the difference.
I’m not saying the Pedretti’s software is now perfect but they worked a lot on it to create a fun experience.

what you say is true. funhouse is a lot of fun. what I have seen is people experience one or maybe two different 2.0 kits and then make blanket statements about all 2.0 kits as if the experience is going to be the same whether it's dutch's bop or pedretti or cardona or some other homebrew. that's all I was saying

#3113 27 days ago
Quoted from Andrea_DM:

- It depends on features you are referring, Code wise all the improvements and updates we are making for Remake are going to be done for kits owners too.

Curious if there was a timeline on making 1.5 available for the kit owners?

#3114 27 days ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Curious if there was a timeline on making 1.5 available for the kit owners?

I asked about it on one of their Facebook post and was told that we will get updates to the 2.0 code but that we will not get the 1.5 code.

#3115 26 days ago
Quoted from joshwiseman:

I asked about it on one of their Facebook post and was told that we will get updates to the 2.0 code but that we will not get the 1.5 code.

Code is different since hardware is different. The 1.5 changes will be incorporated into a release for the 2.0 hardware so they will be the same.

#3116 26 days ago
Quoted from chillme:

Code is different since hardware is different. The 1.5 changes will be incorporated into a release for the 2.0 hardware so they will be the same.

Screenshot_20240620_113758_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240620_113758_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3117 26 days ago

I still think the games are both fun and enjoyable. Still think a work around on both screens coming up after game over would polish the game a lot. Not taking any longer to do than changing to the main screen anyway. Still have boot times either way. Wait till asked if you want to play another game. I am glad they are still open to helping the kit owners as the new games are coming out! I know they aren’t the funhouse that Williams built but look really nice.

#3118 25 days ago

Am I the only one getting a little fed up with Pedretti and these kits? I wrote this as a response to them on Facebook but I’ll post it here too.

I’m sorry but this is BS. Don’t the kits use the Fast system? The joke being how slow the start up loading is on the kits using a system called FAST. Punishing kit owners by giving us only part of the game isn’t good business. No kit owner is gonna sell their game to buy the remake. This is on top of promises of auto launches that aren’t available and incorrect sound for 1.0. We weren’t customers just beta testers that had to pay 2k to hack up our original games.

First world problems I know

#3119 24 days ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Am I the only one getting a little fed up with Pedretti and these kits? I wrote this as a response to them on Facebook but I’ll post it here too.
I’m sorry but this is BS. Don’t the kits use the Fast system? The joke being how slow the start up loading is on the kits using a system called FAST. Punishing kit owners by giving us only part of the game isn’t good business. No kit owner is gonna sell their game to buy the remake. This is on top of promises of auto launches that aren’t available and incorrect sound for 1.0. We weren’t customers just beta testers that had to pay 2k to hack up our original games.
First world problems I know

The kits use the FAST WPC emulator card like the remakes. But for the screens and audio the kit uses the Pinsound XL card. The remakes have a complete FAST solution, with no Pinsound card.

#3120 24 days ago
Quoted from chillme:

The kits use the FAST WPC emulator card like the remakes. But for the screens and audio the kit uses the Pinsound XL card. The remakes have a complete FAST solution, with no Pinsound card.

That just reinforces that we were beta-testing and have been left behind. If they truly cared about us as customers (and repeat customers), they would have continued to support us. We have not had a response in a year. At minimum where is our autoplunger and 1.0 sound support? Ethically, they should port 1.5 to Pinsound.

Once they catch up on production, and need more cash, they’ll probably offer Fast sound cards for our system at a highly marked up price.

Funhouse pinball purchasers need to expect the same. Support will end far before the game is 100%, as Pedretti needs the cash to move on to Whirlwind sales.

#3121 24 days ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

That just reinforces that we were beta-testing and have been left behind. If they truly cared about us as customers (and repeat customers), they would have continued to support us. We have not had a response in a year. At minimum where is our autoplunger and 1.0 sound support? Ethically, they should port 1.5 to Pinsound.
Once they catch up on production, and need more cash, they’ll probably offer Fast sound cards for our system at a highly marked up price.
Funhouse pinball purchasers need to expect the same. Support will end far before the game is 100%, as Pedretti needs the cash to move on to Whirlwind sales.

This may be true, I dont think that Funhouse 2.0 is complete yet.

#3122 22 days ago

The software for auto plunger is in the game already so you can buy parts and make it work. They added this as it was not in the original kit. They have a third party making the kit so it has not been finished yet?? The fast card to fix the plunger and knocker problem should be offered to those that already updated the game to use auto launch. I am wondering if the sound card uses a signaled sound in from the fast cpu? If so should be a workable solution for us 2.0 kit owners??

#3123 22 days ago

I don’t think there is ever an auto plunger kit coming. It’s just standard parts so it would be no effort to “make” the kit I would think. I think it’s a bit too involved and Pedretti doesn’t want to get into supporting people modding their games like this. It’s doable if you have pin skills but even me with many years experience ran into some snags. For anyone interested, I made a post with the parts list a while back. You can see my other related posts and those from Gabbo75 and mkdud to figure everything out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/59#post-7931603

1 week later
#3124 15 days ago

So no updates to 2.0 until the remake is released?
Still waiting on a smarter ball search, service credit button that actually works, menu needs lots of polish and additions, audio in 1.0 and 2.0 that is poorly mixed, auto launch, and definitely more that I’d notice if I could be arsed to play it.
We waited a long time for this to show up and after a year or so of it being on location I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve actually paid to play it once it left the shop. Personally I’m super bummed that we converted it at all, but at least I didn’t pay for the kit, I’m just the tech.
I had super high hopes for Rudy’s nightmare but it certainly feels like it was abandoned before it was finished.

#3125 14 days ago
Quoted from AJBADASS:

So no updates to 2.0 until the remake is released?
Still waiting on a smarter ball search, service credit button that actually works, menu needs lots of polish and additions, audio in 1.0 and 2.0 that is poorly mixed, auto launch, and definitely more that I’d notice if I could be arsed to play it.
We waited a long time for this to show up and after a year or so of it being on location I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve actually paid to play it once it left the shop. Personally I’m super bummed that we converted it at all, but at least I didn’t pay for the kit, I’m just the tech.
I had super high hopes for Rudy’s nightmare but it certainly feels like it was abandoned before it was finished.

Thanks for the feedback. Could you be more specific about
- smarter ball search. --> How would you like it to be?
- service credit button that actually works. --> good point, i will adress this
- menu needs lots of polish and additions --> what to polish, what needs to be added?
- audio in 1.0 and 2.0 that is poorly mixed --> audio for 1.0 was fixed with the latest update. The sound is more balanced now. Plus you can change the sound profile with the on board EQ.
For 1.0 all the Pinsound sound packs can be used if you prefer.
What is wrong with 2.0 sound mix? I put some key post for sound related clarifications

#3126 14 days ago

Yeah, I was initially really excited about this release, but after having it for a year or so I've found it to be pretty disappointing and I don't play at all.

Quoted from WizzardRob:

- menu needs lots of polish and additions --> what to polish, what needs to be added?

Maybe some actual adjustments for game settings? There's no difficulty settings for any of the modes or features, you can't change the excessive ballsaver times for the multiballs, etc. Go through the system and feature adjustments of the original Funhouse, there's way more settings despite the software having fewer modes.

Quoted from WizzardRob:

The 1.0 sound on the latest release is still messed up (and I'm not even talking about the missing jackpot effects, it just sounds poor and unbalanced). Why should the end-user have to resort to 3rd party software to get better sound?

#3127 14 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

The 1.0 sound on the latest release is still messed up (and I'm not even talking about the missing jackpot effects, it just sounds poor and unbalanced). Why should the end-user have to resort to 3rd party software to get better sound?

Its an option that many people are familar with and like when they upgrade their sound to the pinsound card (for any machine)

For 1.0 in the kit the original sound files are used, and then played through a better sound system. I just dont agree that the sound is messed up. The sound file quality is just not that great.

Compared to 2.0 sound it is not nearly as crisp and bold sounding but that has always been like that. On my machine without the kit, sound was always not great and with the upgrade i actually think it was improved by the new speakers and the on-board EQ alone. I can really bring out the voice and bass more to my liking

#3128 14 days ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, I was initially really excited about this release, but after having it for a year or so I've found it to be pretty disappointing and I don't play at all.

Maybe some actual adjustments for game settings? There's no difficulty settings for any of the modes or features, you can't change the excessive ballsaver times for the multiballs, etc. Go through the system and feature adjustments of the original Funhouse, there's way more settings despite the software having fewer modes.

Did you actually see the 3 pages of adjustments?
PXL_20240703_075100159.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240703_075100159.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240703_075111481 (resized).jpgPXL_20240703_075111481 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240703_075121764 (resized).jpgPXL_20240703_075121764 (resized).jpg

#3129 14 days ago

i feel the auto launch software is not incorporated properly in FH2.0. i've posted my thoughts on that before... but me think it should be done like every other williams auto launch, which it is not. but i'm a stickler for these kind of things... that is if a ball is in the shooter lane (accidently) during game play, the software should kick it out automatically. heck during attract mode, same thing. it's how all WMS games work. why not add some consistency to the 2.0 software? it makes the software feel more "williams like", which would only help in its general acceptance by the masses...

#3130 13 days ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Thanks for the feedback. Could you be more specific about
- smarter ball search. --> How would you like it to be?
- service credit button that actually works. --> good point, i will adress this
- audio in 1.0 and 2.0 that is poorly mixed --> audio for 1.0 was fixed with the latest update. The sound is more balanced now. Plus you can change the sound profile with the on board EQ.
What is wrong with 2.0 sound mix? I put some key post for sound related clarifications

Thanks for the reply. I will put some time in on the machine and make some notes for you.

#3131 8 days ago

Playing today for the first time in a few weeks:
Ball 1: lock 3 balls, get Nightmare Multiball. After a bit, I lose 2 balls. The game cycles like Nightmare ends, including closing the trapdoor and the jackpot lights going out. But, the screens still say Nightmare Multiball. I get unlimited single ball play, but the score doesn’t change. The game appears to be trying to work somewhat normally, but obviously isn’t.

Anyone else experienced this bug?

#3132 7 days ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Playing today for the first time in a few weeks:
Ball 1: lock 3 balls, get Nightmare Multiball. After a bit, I lose 2 balls. The game cycles like Nightmare ends, including closing the trapdoor and the jackpot lights going out. But, the screens still say Nightmare Multiball. I get unlimited single ball play, but the score doesn’t change. The game appears to be trying to work somewhat normally, but obviously isn’t.
Anyone else experienced this bug?

I just tried replicating it and everything seemed to work as intended. I had Hotdog Combat stacked though, so that mode resumed when 2 of my 3 balls from nightmare ended and the multipleball mode closed out. I'll try some other tests throughout the week too.

#3133 7 days ago

I’ll add: I noticed the clock was still advancing like normal. Once I hit midnight, the game did not go into Midnight Madness, but allowed for three balls to lock for Nightmare Multiball. When Midnight ended and the third ball drained, the game locked up (except for the flippers). The score never changed though.

Holding the replay button reset back to the choose page and I started and played a new 2.0 game completely normal.

#3134 7 days ago

I meant Nightmare started, not Midnight in the above post…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,400 (OBO)
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Meridian Charter Township, MI
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.