right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 61.
#2701 11 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I had a ball hang up back in the hideout and knew the switch wasn't made no award. I knew if it ball searched it would kick it out but no ball search, I had to tilt the machine by some serious nudging then the switch made and kicked it out no ball search but it is needed.
Thanks

Chase balls and ball searches are super important. They should be included in the code.

#2702 11 months ago

Is there any possibility to open source Funhouse 2.0 and crowd source help?

Sure there are more than a few of us who might be willing to help.

#2703 11 months ago

Hi
could one of you confirm something for me?

The jumper on the LVDS board (where the HDMI cable goes in - at the back of the main display) goes in the middle, right?

Could you confirm that for me?
The reason I'm asking is that I got a new display unit (after quite a few problems) and then later a new LVDS board as well (among other things).
As far as I remember, the jumper was on the right side (seen from the player) when it was delivered.

I currently have it (after replacing the display again) in the middle position.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could confirm that that's where it belongs.

greeting
Patrick
Screenshot_20230528_103020_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230528_103020_Gallery (resized).jpg

#2704 11 months ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

Hi
could one of you confirm something for me?
The jumper on the LVDS board (where the HDMI cable goes in - at the back of the main display) goes in the middle, right?
Could you confirm that for me?
The reason I'm asking is that I got a new display unit (after quite a few problems) and then later a new LVDS board as well (among other things).
As far as I remember, the jumper was on the right side (seen from the player) when it was delivered.
I currently have it (after replacing the display again) in the middle position.
I'd really appreciate it if someone could confirm that that's where it belongs.
greeting
Patrick
[quoted image]

On mine, it is on the right side.

IMG_0830 (resized).jpgIMG_0830 (resized).jpg
#2705 11 months ago

I had a couple more bugs yesterday:

1) After multiball (I think Rudy Clones?), the third ball drained and then nothing happened. Ball was not over. After a while, a new ball was sent to the shooter (not a ball search). I shot the ball and let it drain. Still nothing. Went into switch test and all three switches in the trough showed closed. Ball still did not register as over.

This repeated a few times. Finally, it went into ball over mode. I will take the playfield glass off and try to repeat this. It might have something to do with the ball bounce in the trough?

2) Also during multiball, I had extra ball lit. I hit the ball into the ball lock area and did not get the extra ball. A message flashed onto the display, something like "Ball Lock Bounce Lockout" and the ball was kicked out and multiball continued. I did this another time. After I lost the multiball (2 of 3), I hit the ball into the ball lock and got the extra ball.

Anyone else see anything like this?

[Edit: I pulled the playfield glass off and tried every combination that I could think of to repeat this and was unable to. I suspect it has something to do with the ball bounce in the trough but cannot be certain.]

#2706 10 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Sorry for the confusion. This is still the same as before...
Will be updated soon

Any update on when we might see a new code drop? anxiously awaiting

#2707 10 months ago

Just picked up a Funhouse with this installed. It's on location at my arcade. I'm currently running original Funhouse exclusively for the moment because there are several issues with Nightmare that I don't know if there are solutions for, or if they are known issues. It's currently running version 0.99. Looking for some advice.

Problem 1 - It doesn't appear to be coded to allow for a .50/.75/$100 (USA 2) option. Closest I can get is .50 for one credit, .75 for 2.5 credits, and $1.00 for 3 credits. This isn't a deal breaker, but I'd like to get the .50/.75/$1.00 set correctly. The menu where you choose the options is the most frustrating and difficult to understand menu I've ever come across. Spent 2 hours trying every setting under the sun and couldn't figure it out. I assume it's a code issue.

Problem 2 - If the ball drains after being plunged without hitting a switch first (any switch), the game just hangs. It does not kick another ball out, it does not do a ball search...it does nothing. You either have to open it up and hit a switch, or reset it. Is this a bug in the code? (edit: looks like this is a known issue)

Problem 3 - The audio is not balanced. The music/sound effects are at a 10 but Rudy's callouts are at a 2. There's no way to adjust this that I can see. If I turn up the volume to hear the callouts, the music/sound effects blow my ears out. If I turn it down to a tolerable level, the callouts are inaudible. No way to remedy this?

Thanks.

IMG_1087 (resized).JPGIMG_1087 (resized).JPGIMG_1097 (resized).JPGIMG_1097 (resized).JPGIMG_1098 (resized).JPGIMG_1098 (resized).JPGIMG_1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1100 (resized).JPGIMG_1100 (resized).JPGIMG_1101 (resized).JPGIMG_1101 (resized).JPGIMG_1102 (resized).JPGIMG_1102 (resized).JPGIMG_1103 (resized).JPGIMG_1103 (resized).JPG

#2708 10 months ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Just picked up a Funhouse with this installed. It's on location at my arcade. I'm currently running original Funhouse exclusively for the moment because there are several issues with Nightmare that I don't know if there are solutions for, or if they are known issues. It's currently running version 0.99. Looking for some advice.
Problem 1 - It doesn't appear to be coded to allow for a .50/.75/$100 (USA 2) option. Closest I can get is .50 for one credit, .75 for 2.5 credits, and $1.00 for 3 credits. This isn't a deal breaker, but I'd like to get the .50/.75/$1.00 set correctly. The menu where you choose the options is the most frustrating and difficult to understand menu I've ever come across. Spent 2 hours trying every setting under the sun and couldn't figure it out. I assume it's a code issue.
Problem 2 - If the ball drains after being plunged without hitting a switch first (any switch), the game just hangs. It does not kick another ball out, it does not do a ball search...it does nothing. You either have to open it up and hit a switch, or reset it. Is this a bug in the code? (edit: looks like this is a known issue)
Problem 3 - The audio is not balanced. The music/sound effects are at a 10 but Rudy's callouts are at a 2. There's no way to adjust this that I can see. If I turn up the volume to hear the callouts, the music/sound effects blow my ears out. If I turn it down to a tolerable level, the callouts are inaudible. No way to remedy this?
Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On #3, Predretti has said that the sound mix and quality for FH 1.0 will be fixed in the next update.

Those vid screens above the pins are amazing! I don’t know how you afford that as an operator, but hats off. Wish it were closer to me.

#2709 10 months ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOw, that's a cool set up you have there.

#2710 10 months ago

I just want to say thank you!
My funhouse 2.0 works completely again.
Namely because of the great support from Shawn from the pedretti support team.
He never gave up on my funhouse, even though it was really complicated stuff sometimes.
Also a big thank you to Jonas Kiss for the support.
And last but not least Nicolas from pinsound.
I'm very impressed with the support.
Thanks alot!!!

Now that my funhouse is finally running perfectly again (on your latest software), I installed the Autoplunger yesterday.
Now the game is nearly perfect.
It's a lot of fun to see the autoplunger in action during gameplay. Unfortunately, this is only the case during multiballs. It would be nice if the Autoplunger was also activated when the ball was saved. And gladly also when a new ball has to be brought into play after a ball lock.
I would find it smoother then. But opinions may differ. Perhaps the additional Autoplunger events could be optionally activated in the menu.

Anyway, you did a great job!
Thanks a lot for this!!

Little things in the programming sometimes lead to discrepancies.
For example, I lost both balls in monkeyz multiball and the pinball machine somehow didn't register it.
The ball search is definitely missing here.
I waited a few minutes, but nothing happened.

Here are a few pictures of my auto plunger:
20230602_212429 (resized).jpg20230602_212429 (resized).jpg
20230602_212441 (resized).jpg20230602_212441 (resized).jpg
20230602_213526 (resized).jpg20230602_213526 (resized).jpg
20230602_213533 (resized).jpg20230602_213533 (resized).jpg
20230602_213544 (resized).jpg20230602_213544 (resized).jpg
20230602_214827 (resized).jpg20230602_214827 (resized).jpg
20230602_214856 (resized).jpg20230602_214856 (resized).jpg
20230602_214903 (resized).jpg20230602_214903 (resized).jpg

#2711 10 months ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

The ball search is definitely missing here.

Quoted from Zenomorp:

It doesn't appear to be coded to allow for a .50/.75/$100

Writing code for gameplay rules is a ton of fun.

Writing code for backend stuff is.... less fun. Even when I'm going through a disassembly of a game like Big Game, I tend to ignore the coin handling stuff, it's just 'there'. Major respect to the people that got it up and running way back when they had to create all that from scratch vs. just have a template to use for later games.

How boring it must have been as well to create all the documentation and type in all the diagnostics strings.

I do know that when I changed the coin handling I heard from operators right away that it wasn't acceptable.....

#2712 10 months ago

so is the auto plunger now available to order?...or is that a setup for testing?

#2713 10 months ago

Neither nor.
I assembled it from different parts, a forum member in my German pinball forum had already built it that way and posted pictures.
It's a little fiddly but doable.

#2714 10 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

so is the auto plunger now available to order?...or is that a setup for testing?

Coming soon!

That is a test setup.

#2715 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Coming soon!
That is a test setup.

Not soon enough…

Been resisting putting something together myself, but its getting harder to resist.

#2716 10 months ago

I put his together , made a 3D printed mech joined with a pop bumper housing and the knocker coil, works 100%

1243C947-4EEC-4661-8EDC-0B1D6344FB97 (resized).jpeg1243C947-4EEC-4661-8EDC-0B1D6344FB97 (resized).jpeg53577EBA-0C42-4630-83DD-80027B575FA6 (resized).jpeg53577EBA-0C42-4630-83DD-80027B575FA6 (resized).jpeg5812D271-E86F-4D27-86B5-62E39028FBE2 (resized).jpeg5812D271-E86F-4D27-86B5-62E39028FBE2 (resized).jpeg7CFDF3DB-0417-43D4-9F10-DF56C6FE3A23 (resized).jpeg7CFDF3DB-0417-43D4-9F10-DF56C6FE3A23 (resized).jpeg
#2717 10 months ago

I have done a fair amount of sound programming for other games with a PinSound board, so I figured I would fiddle with this one. I pulled out USB stick and loaded it on my computer.

To my surprise, there are not wav or ogg files, but the pspack files. I have worked with those via the PinSound Studio Pro, but would prefer to work with the audio files themselves.

It would be pretty easy to change the Rudy sounds in the original FunHouse to be louder - as they should be - using PinSound Studio Pro editor. But I don't know how the pspack files get into the PinSound card.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound/page/25#post-7519535

"That's a PinSound Compressed file and works the same way as a zip. When the PinSound board uncompresses the file, it then deletes the original zip/pspack from the drive."

Since this pspack file is not deleted, I am not sure what is going on. If I change the pspack file, will the sounds automatically be updated?

Has anyone investigated editing the sound files in Rudy 2.0 or original Funhouse?

#2718 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I have done a fair amount of sound programming for other games with a PinSound board, so I figured I would fiddle with this one. I pulled out USB stick and loaded it on my computer.
To my surprise, there are not wav or ogg files, but the pspack files. I have worked with those via the PinSound Studio Pro, but would prefer to work with the audio files themselves.
It would be pretty easy to change the Rudy sounds in the original FunHouse to be louder - as they should be - using PinSound Studio Pro editor. But I don't know how the pspack files get into the PinSound card.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound/page/25#post-7519535
"That's a PinSound Compressed file and works the same way as a zip. When the PinSound board uncompresses the file, it then deletes the original zip/pspack from the drive."
Since this pspack file is not deleted, I am not sure what is going on. If I change the pspack file, will the sounds automatically be updated?
Has anyone investigated editing the sound files in Rudy 2.0 or original Funhouse?

The pinsound plus card is a bit different in how it handles the sound packs. What you need to do is create a folder called "audio" on the flash drive. Then unpack the psppack file via pinsound pro or download one of the sound packs, unpack the files and place them in the audio folder. You will hear a tone when you run funhouse 1.0.

here's my previous posts - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/47#post-7398538
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/48#post-7413389

should be a sticky topic at the top.

#2719 10 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

The pinsound plus card is a bit different in how it handles the sound packs. What you need to do is create a folder called audio on the flash drive. Then unpack the psppack file via pinsound pro or download one of the sound packs, unpack the files and place them in the audio folder. You will hear a tone when you run funhouse 1.0.
here's my previous posts - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/47#post-7398538
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/48#post-7413389
should be a sticky topic at the top.

That is not the issue here, I think. I have done PinSound cards exactly as you describe before. But that audio folder does not exist on this USB stick.

Where is the audio folder since it is not in the USB stick here?

Here is the layout in this USB stick in Rudy 2.0:

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 5.36.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-06-08 at 5.36.31 PM (resized).png

In the PinSound cards I have in other pins, there is a folder called the audio folder. But there is not one here.

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 5.38.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-06-08 at 5.38.26 PM (resized).png

This is what I see in the USB stick in my other games that have PinSound cards. I can have the card unpack a zip file, a pspack file, or create this structure myself. But after booting the USB stick for the first time, the zip file or pspack file is converted to this format, then deleted.

That has not happened here.

I am only guessing, but those audio files seem to have been extracted from the pspack file(s) and installed someplace else in this Pedretti modified PinSound card.

Or am I totally confused?

What do you see in your Rudy 2.0 USB stick when you remove it from the game and look at it via your computer?

Thanks for your help.

#2720 10 months ago

You have to create the "audio" directory/folder the system does not create one. Once you create the directory, and place the sound files in the directory (each pack in their own directory) the card will use the unpacked files. It is different then the other pinsound cards. Like you, I have used pinsound cards for a long time and this version goes against everything you know.

screenshot_24 (resized).pngscreenshot_24 (resized).png
#2721 10 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

You have to create the "audio" directory/folder the system does not create one. Once you create the directory, and place the sound files in the directory (each pack in their own directory) the card will use the unpacked files. It is different then the other pinsound cards. Like you, I have used pinsound cards for a long time and this version goes against everything you know.[quoted image]

I think you are misunderstanding what I see. The music files that are in Rudy 2.0 are those that were supplied by Pedretti and installed following their procedure:

https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Funhouse-0.99_8-USB-update.pdf

https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/FH2_Game_Update.pdf

The hardware does the rest. It extracts the pinball-fh2-099_8.code file and after a few minutes, everything runs.

When I pull out the USB drive, all I see is this:

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 5.36.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-06-08 at 5.36.31 PM (resized).png

Those "audio" files that you and I know are used in all the other PinSound cards are not in the USB drive, yet the sounds work.

My goal here is not to load alternative sounds in there. My goal is to access the current sounds and modify them. Where are they?

Since they are in the USB drive but - as you and I both agree - they must be there, where are they?

I am going to pull the MicroSD card and see if they are there.

#2722 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I think you are misunderstanding what I see. The music files that are in Rudy 2.0 are those that were supplied by Pedretti and installed following their procedure:
https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Funhouse-0.99_8-USB-update.pdf
https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/FH2_Game_Update.pdf
The hardware does the rest. It extracts the pinball-fh2-099_8.code file and after a few minutes, everything runs.
When I pull out the USB drive, all I see is this:
[quoted image]
Those "audio" files that you and I know are used in all the other PinSound cards are not in the USB drive, yet the sounds work.
Since they are in the USB drive but - as you and I both agree - they must be there, where are they?
I am going to pull the MicroSD card and see if they are there.

The files are not on the SD card.

The sound files go on the USB drive. YOU have to create the audio directory and YOU have to put the files there. Once you do this the card will allow you to switch sound sets.

Step 1 - pull USB drive
Step 2 - put it in a computer
Step 3 - Create a folder called "audio"
Step 4 - copy unpacked sound files to the audio directory. Keep each sound set in its own sub directory.
Step 5 - put the USB drive back in the pinsound card and boot the game.

You can use the volume control to switch sounds sets in Funhouse 1.0

I'm really trying here.

#2723 10 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

The files are not on the SD card.
The sound files go on the USB drive. YOU have to create the audio directory and YOU have to put the files there. Once you do this the card will allow you to switch sound sets.
Step 1 - pull USB drive
Step 2 - put it in a computer
Step 3 - Create a folder called "audio"
Step 4 - copy unpacked sound files to the audio directory. Keep each sound set in its own sub directory.
Step 5 - put the USB drive back in the pinsound card and boot the game.
You can use the volume control to switch sounds sets in Funhouse 1.0
I'm really trying here.

And I appreciate your patience. I think we are misunderstanding each other.

I agree that the files go on the USB drive. But the files are not on the USB drive.

The pinball machine works now without steps 3 - 5 as you outlined above. How is that possible if steps 3 - 5 are required for it to work?

"You have to create the "audio" directory/folder the system does not create one." Why do I need to do that when it works now without an "audio" directory/folder? I agree it needs one. How can it work now without this folder?

I don't want to load new sound files. I want to access the files that are currently being used by Rudy 2.0. Since the pinball machine is working now, and it is using sound files, where are they located?

When the game boots, does it uncompress the .pspack files every time it is booted and load them in the RAM of the game? If so, I can just edit those .pspack files.

#2724 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

When the game boots, does it uncompress the .pspack files every time it is booted and load them in the RAM of the game? If so, I can just edit those .pspack files.

Yes, this is what is currently happening. I haven’t tried to modify the .pspack files, but my understanding from previous posts was that someone tried editing them, but the revised .pspack files didn’t work.

#2725 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

And I appreciate your patience. I think we are misunderstanding each other.
I agree that the files go on the USB drive. But the files are not on the USB drive.
The pinball machine works now without steps 3 - 5 as you outlined above. How is that possible if steps 3 - 5 are required for it to work?
"You have to create the "audio" directory/folder the system does not create one." Why do I need to do that when it works now without an "audio" directory/folder? I agree it needs one. How can it work now without this folder?
I don't want to load new sound files. I want to access the files that are currently being used by Rudy 2.0. Since the pinball machine is working now, and it is using sound files, where are they located?

Agreed

OK, I thought you want to add a new or change the current orchestration. Pinsound pro app does not save in the pspack format, it's going to save the files in a directory structure. So to use those edits you need to create the audio directory and copy the files into the directory.

As is the system works by ingesting the sound files each time you boot the system. It does not unpack and delete the files like the other pinsound cards do.

#2726 10 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

Agreed
OK, I thought you want to add a new or change the current orchestration. Pinsound pro app does not save in the pspack format, it's going to save the files in a directory structure. So to use those edits you need to create the audio directory and copy the files into the directory.
As is the system works by ingesting the sound files each time you boot the system. It does not unpack and delete the files like the other pinsound cards do.

Thanks for all of your help and understanding - especially of my confusion.

Any idea what would happen if I created an audio folder/directory, then subdirectories with the same names as the .pspack files?

Quoted from sandro:

Yes, this is what is currently happening. I haven’t tried to modify the .pspack files, but my understanding from previous posts was that someone tried editing them, but the revised .pspack files didn’t work.

I am not that familiar with the PinSound Studio Pro program. I have always done my editing in Audacity and created the audio folder as chillme suggested.

I have used the Global Levels controls and turned everything all the way down except voice that I turned all the way up. I then went to File/Save. When I check Properties of Funhouse Original, they are unchanged which leads me to think that the .pspack files is unchanged.

When I open back up the pspack file Funhouse Original, the global volume settings are as I modified them. But when I put this back into Rudy 2.0, the relative volumes are unchanged.

Anyone know how to properly save the pspack file using the PinSound Studio Pro program?

#2727 10 months ago

I have struck out.

I am unable to save my modifications to the .pspack file.

If I remove the .pspack files and load instead the WAV audio files, I get a 'USB missing' error. If I have both the .pspack files and the WAVE audio files, I am unable to switch between the two sets of files using the volume down / up that I use with my other PinSound machines.

#2728 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I have struck out.
I am unable to save my modifications to the .pspack file.
If I remove the .pspack files and load instead the WAV audio files, I get a 'USB missing' error. If I have both the .pspack files and the WAVE audio files, I am unable to switch between the two sets of files using the volume down / up that I use with my other PinSound machines.

You have to leave the .psppack files, they are required by the system.

Pinsound pro will say any modifications to an unpacked version of the pspack file, it will not resave to the pspack format. You can drop this directory into the audio directory that you create on the thumb drive.

To add a customized audio for Funhouse 1.0, you must create an audio directory. Then in the directory place the files in another directory. As the system is booting up you will hear the checking sound files, the first time you boot with the new files in the audio directory.

This only works for Funhouse 1.0. When in Funhouse 1.0 when you lower the volume to zero and back up you will hear a chime and the a sample will be played from the sound set.

You can check what the pinsound is finding by looking at the pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt. There's a section for the sound packages available.

"PACKAGES
------------------
FunHouse - Mr_Tantrum (stereo)
> Motion Control: 67 official shaker events
Funhouse_KJS
Funhouse_PinSound_Original_Remastered
Funhouse_20.pspack (active)
> Motion Control: 76 user shaker events
"

screenshot_166 (resized).pngscreenshot_166 (resized).pngscreenshot_167 (resized).pngscreenshot_167 (resized).png
#2729 10 months ago

Anyone who has the topper find it just strobes in 1.0 ? I’d rather is just be solid .

#2730 10 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

To add a customized audio for Funhouse 1.0, you must create an audio directory. Then in the directory place the files in another directory. As the system is booting up you will hear the checking sound files, the first time you boot with the new files in the audio directory.
This only works for Funhouse 1.0.

Is there anyway to replace audio for Funhouse 2.0??

#2731 10 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

Not yet.

#2732 10 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Anyone who has the topper find it just strobes in 1.0 ? I’d rather is just be solid .

Please open up a support ticket at:

https://www.pinballremakes.com/

We have a solution for you.

Thanks.

#2733 10 months ago

Just a quick thank you to UVAJED and Janos for their support and patience in getting 2.0 working on my recalcitrant machine. They were a great help! And yes, opening up support tickets will get a quick response. Thank you!

#2734 10 months ago

Just wanted to add a caveat to @lhammer610's excellent post (2671) regarding the cabinet speaker update based purely on my Funhouse. First the Dayton speaker is an excellent speaker upgrade for the price. While I bought the speaker rings with the intent of keeping my screen in place, what I found is that using the rings added a level of complication that I did not wish to deal with. (Including removing the original through the cabinet screws and installing new, longer ones.) However, in my case, removing (literally, just lifting out) the metal screen also lost the jumper action that the metal ring of the old speaker provided between the flat, braided cabinet grounding wires. (The Dayton speaker has a padded outer ring to reduce unwanted vibration so it does not conduct.) While probably not absolutely needed, a quick solution is a ~6" wire between the two screws the ground braid was connected to. Simply wrap your wire around each screw and then screw down the speaker on top to keep the connections tight. To avoid the cone contacting your wire, curve it outside the speaker, not inside. If I decide later I really want the screen, I will simply screw it in on the outside of the cabinet.

#2735 10 months ago
Quoted from Zenomorp:

Thanks.

Holy smokes! Your place looks phenomenal! I need to get there and experience it for sure.

#2736 10 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yes, after a few minutes on 1.0 mine will start strobing for some reason - seems like there must be a bug.

#2737 10 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

You have to leave the .psppack files, they are required by the system.
Pinsound pro will say any modifications to an unpacked version of the pspack file, it will not resave to the pspack format. You can drop this directory into the audio directory that you create on the thumb drive.
This only works for Funhouse 1.0. When in Funhouse 1.0 when you lower the volume to zero and back up you will hear a chime and the a sample will be played from the sound set.
You can check what the pinsound is finding by looking at the pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt. There's a section for the sound packages available.
"PACKAGES
------------------
FunHouse - Mr_Tantrum (stereo)
Funhouse_KJS
Funhouse_PinSound_Original_Remastered
Funhouse_20.pspack (active)
> Motion Control: 76 user shaker events
"[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for this clarification. I appreciate you spending all of the time laying out the proper setup for Rudy 2.0.

I have been playing around with sound packages for original FH. I took the original sounds as delivered in the .pspack file. I opened them in the PinSound Studio Pro program. It creates a folder of all the audio files in .wav. As a proof of concept, I adjusted all the master volumes down except voice, and the voice volume up, then saved the files.

I then reloaded them into the USB memory stick and started FH. While running the original FH, I was able to change the volume and load other sound packs as well as the original.

However, the relative volumes of the voice vs. the others is unchanged, despite using the PinSound Studio Pro program to adjust them.

Am I doing something wrong? Does the global adjustment in PinSound Studio Pro no longer work?

Quoted from sandro:

I take it from that answer that if I load modified files into the Audio folder, Rudy 2.0 will not read them. And 'not yet' means that there are plans for us to be able to modify the Rudy 2.0 sounds?

#2738 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Thanks for this clarification. I appreciate you spending all of the time laying out the proper setup for Rudy 2.0.
I have been playing around with sound packages for original FH. I took the original sounds as delivered in the .pspack file. I opened them in the PinSound Studio Pro program. It creates a folder of all the audio files in .wav. As a proof of concept, I adjusted all the master volumes down except voice, and the voice volume up, then saved the files.
I then reloaded them into the USB memory stick and started FH. While running the original FH, I was able to change the volume and load other sound packs as well as the original.
However, the relative volumes of the voice vs. the others is unchanged, despite using the PinSound Studio Pro program to adjust them.
Am I doing something wrong? Does the global adjustment in PinSound Studio Pro no longer work?

I take it from that answer that if I load modified files into the Audio folder, Rudy 2.0 will not read them. And 'not yet' means that there are plans for us to be able to modify the Rudy 2.0 sounds?

The sounds for 2.0 are proprietary and not available for adjustment or changes.

They will not for the moment allow changes to their code or platform.

#2739 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The sounds for 2.0 are proprietary and not available for adjustment or changes.
They will not for the moment allow changes to their code or platform.

Thank you for your response. I did not intend to ask about the Rudy 2.0 code. I figured they would not allow mucking around in that. Too many headaches for the company.

As to the Rudy 2.0 sound files, it is a shame as the PinSound card is made for this sort of thing. I would delete the "10 minutes" and especially the "shoot the ball!" and be much happier with my Rudy 2.0. Otherwise I am pretty happy with the Rudy 2.0 sounds.

Any comments on the inability of the global adjustments in PinSound Studio Pro program to change the overall volumes of the sound files in the original Funhouse? Am I doing something wrong? Or has PinSound so crippled that program that it is almost useless except for the shaker routine?

#2740 10 months ago

I am having a problem getting the cabinet speaker to work with my 2.0 kit. It appears that at some point in the past, a former owner removed the in-line connector for the black-yellow coming from the cabinet speaker and wired it directly to the black-wire lug on the left backbox speaker. Looking at this site it appears that should have been working:

http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_sound_info.html

However, I only purchased this game immediately prior to installing the kit and cannot be 100% sure it was. Cabinet speaker wasn't a thing I was looking at closely. I verified that the loose black-yellow does have continuity to the cabinet speaker, so that's solid. When I jumper that wire to the black-wire lug on the left backbox speaker, though, the cabinet speaker does not start working. As a result, no low sounds, and no sound at all in Funhouse. So, two questions:

1) Using the kit, where should that black-yellow wire from the cabinet speaker attach in the head?

2) Does Funhouse really only use the cabinet speaker? I get sound from 2.0 in the backbox but Funhouse has no sound at all.

EDIT UPDATE:

I redid the jumper wire test I mentioned above and it IS working with the cabinet speaker. The volume was low and the EQ was such that you could barely hear the cabinet speaker. Upping the volume and turning up the two bass EQ dials proved the cabinet speaker is indeed working. Now to wire that in permanently.

I still have zero sound in Funhouse, though, so that must be a separate issue. Adjusting the software volume within Funhouse has no effect.

#2741 10 months ago

Just checking, is it normal for the backglass and GI lights to turn off in 2.0 attract mode?

#2742 10 months ago

Just think out loud, but it looks like the auto-launcher uses the solenoid driver from the knocker. Would it possible to have both coils, but switch between them electrically using the shooter lane switch as the selector?

So basically, I’m thinking a relay controlled by the lane sense switch driving the appropriate coil. From the driver board, it would look like a single coil. Software-wise, you’d trigger the same coil for the knocker and the auto-launcher. If there’s a ball in the lane, the auto-launcher would fire, otherwise the knocker would fire.

#2743 10 months ago

I am still waiting for the next update, so I never installed the auto shooter. Maybe they use a sound for it like stern did? Not perfect but a solution without hardware. Good thought about using the coil for two functions.

#2744 10 months ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

I am having a problem getting the cabinet speaker to work with my 2.0 kit. It appears that at some point in the past, a former owner removed the in-line connector for the black-yellow coming from the cabinet speaker and wired it directly to the black-wire lug on the left backbox speaker. Looking at this site it appears that should have been working:
http://www.dziedzic.us/wpc_speaker_sound_info.html
However, I only purchased this game immediately prior to installing the kit and cannot be 100% sure it was. Cabinet speaker wasn't a thing I was looking at closely. I verified that the loose black-yellow does have continuity to the cabinet speaker, so that's solid. When I jumper that wire to the black-wire lug on the left backbox speaker, though, the cabinet speaker does not start working. As a result, no low sounds, and no sound at all in Funhouse. So, two questions:
1) Using the kit, where should that black-yellow wire from the cabinet speaker attach in the head?
2) Does Funhouse really only use the cabinet speaker? I get sound from 2.0 in the backbox but Funhouse has no sound at all.
EDIT UPDATE:
I redid the jumper wire test I mentioned above and it IS working with the cabinet speaker. The volume was low and the EQ was such that you could barely hear the cabinet speaker. Upping the volume and turning up the two bass EQ dials proved the cabinet speaker is indeed working. Now to wire that in permanently.
I still have zero sound in Funhouse, though, so that must be a separate issue. Adjusting the software volume within Funhouse has no effect.

When you say the cabinet speaker, I assume you mean the speaker under the playfield. - just checking to be certain.

If using the original speaker, you need to clip off that capacitor. And insure it is connected as shown in these posts. It is also possible that the original 30 year old speaker, that was awfully lousy when it was new, has crapped out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/54#post-7572917

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/54#post-7577849

#2745 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

When you say the cabinet speaker, I assume you mean the speaker under the playfield. - just checking to be certain.
If using the original speaker, you need to clip off that capacitor. And insure it is connected as shown in these posts. It is also possible that the original 30 year old speaker, that was awfully lousy when it was new, has crapped out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/54#post-7572917
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/54#post-7577849

Thanks for the response! I did get it working by figuring out where the wire was connected before and running a jumper. It was soldered directly to the backbox speaker. I know that's not the ideal situation for the 2.0 kit but it did prove the cabinet speaker works just fine. I bought an upgrade speaker last week as advised earlier in this thread and am going to install that/rewire as shown in that post.

Now if I could just get *any sound* from 1.0 I'll be all set. Pedretti has advised me to reflash both the SD card and the USB on the PinSound. Have not found the time yet.

#2746 10 months ago

I have setup the audio folder as shown in the picture. I can change which audio files are loaded in Fun House (not Rudy 2.0) by turning the volume up and down. But I changed the Global Settings using PinSound Studio Pro and saved the file. When I did so, I confirmed that the save date of the config.pinsound file changed.

But when running Fun House on the Pedretti system, the relative volumes of voice vs. the others is unchanged.

I tried to get the Pedretti system to reinitialize the sound files by throwing out the pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt file, but nothing changed and a new pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt was created.

I can change the Fun House sounds by changing the volume up and down. But the relative volumes of the original is not affected. And, oddly, the last sound file used is not saved. It always defaults to the original Fun House sounds.

If this a limitation of the Pedretti system? Or am I doing something wrong?

Screen Shot 2023-06-26 at 9.36.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-06-26 at 9.36.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-06-26 at 9.39.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-06-26 at 9.39.28 AM (resized).png
#2747 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I have setup the audio folder as shown in the picture. I can change which audio files are loaded in Fun House (not Rudy 2.0) by turning the volume up and down. But I changed the Global Settings using PinSound Studio Pro and saved the file. When I did so, I confirmed that the save date of the config.pinsound file changed.
But when running Fun House on the Pedretti system, the relative volumes of voice vs. the others is unchanged.
I tried to get the Pedretti system to reinitialize the sound files by throwing out the pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt file, but nothing changed and a new pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt was created.
I can change the Fun House sounds by changing the volume up and down. But the relative volumes of the original is not affected. And, oddly, the last sound file used is not saved. It always defaults to the original Fun House sounds.
If this a limitation of the Pedretti system? Or am I doing something wrong?[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately you have to use an audio editor program to modify the individual audio files and raise the db level on the file. I use Audacity on a Mac.
The diagnostics file is just that a log file that is created each time the system is booted.

#2748 10 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

Unfortunately you have to use an audio editor program to modify the individual audio files and raise the db level on the file. I use Audacity on a Mac.
The diagnostics file is just that a log file that is created each time the system is booted.

A SERIOUS oversight on this system, to not work properly with their own program.

#2749 10 months ago

I know they said the audio fix was part of a larger update, but I wish they would just release the audio fix for the original for now.

#2750 10 months ago

Would really like to know how the update is coming. As it stands now it is pretty much unplayable, about every second game the ball gets stuck in the skill shot and only a tilt or reboot will free it. The game switch matrix knows it’s there but ignores it.

Hoping that all resources haven’t been shifted to WW 2.0 before nailing down this title. Could come back to bite them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.