right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 61.
#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’m facing the exact same issue. If motion control board is connected to ext 1 on the Pinsound board, game won’t boot in 99_8. Kind of glad to know I’m not the only one. Been working with Pedretti support to try to help them figure it out.

Thanks for taking care of the issue with pedretti!

#2552 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

The Jackpots are disabled if you do not plunge the Ball in MB (with a grace period)

Just experienced this. I think the rule is fair, but there must be feedback to the player that the jackpot was nullified. Other wise it refuses it silently and it feels like the game has a glitch. example feedback

-jackpot becomes unlit while it’s invalid while Rudy says “plunge the ball”

-or if Jack pot is lit, and you hit it, then a sound effect communicating “didn’t happen”. Better yet, Rudy says “no jackpots till you plunge the ball”.

#2553 1 year ago

As promised, here is a small preview of the auto-launcher coded into Funhouse 2.0.

It's a great relief during multi-ball modes to be able to keep your hands on deck with the flippers.

As WizzardRob mentioned, please stay tuned for how this will be able to be incorporated for your Funhouse 2.0 kit in the near future.

#2554 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

As promised, here is a small preview of the auto-launcher coded into Funhouse 2.0.
It's a great relief during multi-ball modes to be able to keep your hands on deck with the flippers.
As WizzardRob mentioned, please stay tuned for how this will be able to be incorporated for your Funhouse 2.0 kit in the near future.

It looks just AMAZING!

Its a thing of BEAUTY!

In my opinion THIS was the only item missing to make Funhouse 2.0 a world class game.

I guess Ill have to install my 2.0 kit now (I was waiting for this) lol...

#2555 1 year ago

Yay! It seems that the issue with balls being ejected while flippers are active during enter initials sequence is fixed also in latest code release 99_8!
Thank you!

Quoted from Zukidog:

I havent tried this, but thanks for taking note and sharing. First I've heard of this scenario, but I'm confident it will get added to the logs.

#2556 1 year ago

Yes its fixed, thanks for reporting feedback of it actually working!

#2557 1 year ago

Is it safe for owners that have shaker motors installed to download the newest code 99_8?

Safe may be the wrong word lol but reading some comments it seems we would have to disable it to get the new code to work.

Should we wait for a revision?

#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Is it safe for owners that have shaker motors installed to download the newest code 99_8?
Safe may be the wrong word lol but reading some comments it seems we would have to disable it to get the new code to work.

They’re working on a fix, should be available soon.

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

I have a shaker motor, and didn’t have the issue. You could upgrade and if you have an issue, just downgrade to the previous code.

#2560 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

They’re working on a fix, should be available soon.

Quoted from chillme:

I have a shaker motor, and didn’t have the issue. You could upgrade and if you have an issue, just downgrade to the previous code.

Thanks guys…I’ll give it a try later tonight and report back. I just installed the topper but realized I never updated to 99_2 so it doesn’t light up lol. So at the very least I’ll need to update to 99_2.

Update on the Update: code 99_8 works great with my shaker motored machine

#2561 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

This is an awesome improvement!

I Managed to McGuiver an autoplunger into mine, and works great for the most part.

A couple things that may need additional code that I’ve seen
When all three balls are in play during RN it works great but appears when down to two balls ,one in play and one in the shooter, it doesn’t autoplunge.
I Would love to see it autoplunge any time theres a ball save rather than just during multiball.

Keep up the great work, this kit truly is a fantastic upgrade!

#2562 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

This is an awesome improvement!
I Managed to McGuiver an autoplunger into mine, and works great for the most part.
A couple things that may need additional code that I’ve seen
When all three balls are in play during RN it works great but appears when down to two balls ,one in play and one in the shooter, it doesn’t autoplunge.
I Would love to see it autoplunge any time theres a ball save rather than just during multiball.
Keep up the great work, this kit truly is a fantastic upgrade!

Glad to hear you like it. We have recently tested and made adjustments to the latest release, have fixed the reported issues (and a couple of other things), and it will be released within the next couple of days for a reinstall for anyone who experienced issues.

The reason that it doesn't always auto-plunge outside of mutliball modes, is because depending where you are at in the game, you may want to plunge to ball to a more specific area of the playfield.

E.g. If you have Hotdog Combat lit on the mirror, yet you're on ball 3 and would like to get the extra ball, it is most beneficial to plunge into the pops to hopefully change it to Extra Ball on the mirror.

#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

The reason that it doesn't always auto-plunge outside of mutliball modes, is because depending where you are at in the game, you may want to plunge to ball to a more specific area of the playfield. .

Although I see your point I don’t really agree, normally on a ball save you don’t get to position your shot. In most games it plunges right away and goes where ever.

#2564 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

The reason that it doesn't always auto-plunge outside of mutliball modes, is because depending where you are at in the game, you may want to plunge to ball to a more specific area of the playfield.

Quoted from Mageek:

Although I see your point I don’t really agree, normally on a ball save you don’t get to position your shot. In most games it plunges right away and goes where ever.

These are interesting opinions and points to be made. I haven't tried the autoplunger yet on Funhouse, but find it to be a fun challenge to beat the autoplunger to the punch on other games (tna, ghostbusters, and rob zombie come to mind). That way you get the best of both worlds - the ball won't sit in the trough and you have a second or two to take your skill shot prior to the autoplunger activating. My my 2c

#2565 1 year ago

It should be made a setting... Best of all worlds end owner selects what they want.

#2566 1 year ago

Hey guys....

I am not near my machine at the moment and I need to update the software.

Can someone tell me if the SD card is standard SD or Micro SD?

Thanks, so much.

Roger

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hey guys....
I am not near my machine at the moment and I need to update the software.
Can someone tell me if the SD card is standard SD or Micro SD?
Thanks, so much.
Roger

micro. Be careful. It is not in an easy to get to spot.

#2569 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

micro. Be careful. It is not in an easy to get to spot.

Got it! Thank you!

#2570 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I bought this to do the update from my laptop:
amazon.com link »

Thank you. How do I use this, please?

I know nothing about computers!

#2571 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

You need to put the new programming on the SD-Card.

The micro SD-card needs to fit in a slot for it.

My laptop doesnt have a slot for micro SD-card.

This "adapter" allows me to place the micro SD-card into it and then put it into a regular USB port on my laptop.

Then I can put the new programming onto the micro SD-card via the usb port.

#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Here is a step-by-step guide that should be easy for you to follow, as long as you don't skip any of the steps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n53y2uflbsgrise/Funhouse%20SD%20Card%20update%20instructions%202.pdf?dl=0

#2573 1 year ago

FYI I am still getting false multiball ends in 99_8. What I mean is there is still a ball in play but the game ends the ball (bonus screen) when it should not. It’s pretty devastating for the player experience to unjustly lose your ball. In about 10 games played it has happened twice: once in nightmare multiball and once in evil clones. Thank you for your continued improvements to the game.

#2574 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

FYI I am still getting false multiball ends in 99_8. What I mean is there is still a ball in play but the game ends the ball (bonus screen) when it should not. It’s pretty devastating for the player experience to unjustly lose your ball. In about 10 games played it has happened twice: once in nightmare multiball and once in evil clones. Thank you for your continued improvements to the game.

This is not something I have experienced and I’ve played a lot of games in the last few days. Is it a possible trough issue, it thinks all three balls are in the trough when only two? Maybe put it in switch test mode and check that the correct switches are registering.

#2575 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure if you noticed a few posts above yours, but there are a lot of improvement that have been added to 99_8 already for a new update, and through the grapevine; I heard that it might be released by the end of this week?!

Quoted from Mageek:

Duly noted, as always, and thank you!! That's a great idea. The more ideas for Funhouse 2.0 the better from everyone!!

#2576 1 year ago

Thank you guys, for helping me understand the way to update the software.

Very much appreciated.

Roger

#2577 1 year ago

Hi Guys:

I think this has been discussed previously but I can't find it.

The cable running from the backbox to the small LCD on the playfield is too short and hinders me lifting the playfield all the way up.

Can someone please advise the name (type) of the cable and what the correct length should be, so I can buy a replacement?

Thanks, so much.

Roger

#2578 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
The cable running from the backbox to the small LCD on the playfield is too short and hinders me lifting the playfield all the way up.
Can someone please advise the name (type) of the cable and what the correct length should be, so I can buy a replacement?
Thanks, so much.
Roger

it's just a HDMI cable, same as you would use on a TV. As far as length, I would have to measure what I have, but a 10ft cable would be fine.

#2579 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
Thanks, so much.
Roger

I had already run the cable and tied it down so out of laziness ordered this extension cable and that did the trick.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08LMN128W

#2580 1 year ago

Is there an assembly and solenoid that we can get to enable this with kits already purchased?

Quoted from UVAJED:

#2581 1 year ago
Quoted from Patnukem:

Is there an assembly and solenoid that we can get to enable this with kits already purchased?

Coming very soon.

#2582 1 year ago

I was really just curious if it will use custom parts we will have to purchase or off the shelf components. Would be nice to order in advance so i could be ready.

#2583 1 year ago

Page 31 lists the parts that would be needed for auto plunger. But I am not sure how you would wire them into the system.

#2584 1 year ago
Quoted from GoCards:

Page 31 lists the parts that would be needed for auto plunger. But I am not sure how you would wire them into the system.

you wire it to the knocker output on the solenoid board.

#2585 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

you wire it to the knocker output on the solenoid board.

Thank you for the information. This form is great and I love the 2.0 support. Glad that the code continues to be supported.

#2586 1 year ago

Thank you both for the information I needed regarding lengthening the HDMI cable. Much appreciated.

Roger

#2587 1 year ago
Quoted from Patnukem:

I was really just curious if it will use custom parts we will have to purchase or off the shelf components. Would be nice to order in advance so i could be ready.

Its a kit that is simple to install.

Its 100% no other parts needed.

#2588 1 year ago
Quoted from GoCards:

Get the kit when it comes out.

Its easy to install.

The kit has everything you will need, its really nice.

Be patient!

#2589 1 year ago

Are the kits going to ship overseas or be available in the USA? Something different from the parts listed already. Have most parts so just wonder before I install. Thanks, this project is great and making a great game even greater. Thanks for all the input in this game.

#2590 1 year ago

Hi Guys:

I have just updated from original code to newest code.

On the original code, I could have sworn that the 2.0 end of ball bonus could be 'hurried up' by pressing both flippers but on newest code, I cannot do that.

Has end of ball bonus 'hurry-up' been deleted or was I dreaming this and it was never there in the first place??

Roger

#2591 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
I have just updated from original code to newest code.
On the original code, I could have sworn that the 2.0 end of ball bonus could be 'hurried up' by pressing both flippers but on newest code, I cannot do that.
Has end of ball bonus 'hurry-up' been deleted or was I dreaming this and it was never there in the first place??
Roger

it still works here.

#2592 1 year ago

Updated to new code and do not remember setting to deactivate flipper power on setting high scores on funhouse 2.0. Anyone remember settings for this? I am enjoying the new code.

#2593 1 year ago
Quoted from rickeve:

Updated to new code and do not remember setting to deactivate flipper power on setting high scores on funhouse 2.0. Anyone remember settings for this? I am enjoying the new code.

There isn't a setting in 2.0 to disable the flippers during high scores. It should just be the default.

#2594 12 months ago

New code is great! Really appreciate the faster loads on everything so it runs so much smoother. Still impressed with how good the animations are - very crisp and colorful. Tending to have very long games now with higher scores overall than before.

Does hitting the STEPS holes the second time around occasionally start modes? I've had it start a couple and didn't know this was in the rules and its not clear on the screen that it would.

During the period where you're locking balls for battle rudy, the game needs to do something. I think it's intentional that you've made all the targets dead like this, but it feels blah. Even hitting Rudy does nothing - just making him say something sarcastic there would help. Targets wouldn't even have to score points, but maybe some varied little thunk or dead sounds, I dunno, something.

During the final battle, I dislike that the game kills the flippers after what seems like a somewhat short time to beat Rudy. Don't like it when games do that, but if it has to maybe a countdown timer would help amp up the tension and make it clear how much time you have left? Funnily enough, I did beat Rudy once in seconds with 2 quick shots to his mouth - not sure how that happened, haha. But the end sequences were great, well done.

Haunted rollercoaster is cool, but after you've played it 100 times, it doesn't feel worth the time for a little more than a million points. Maybe it could be worth more to justify it? Or maybe not. Just a thought.

#2595 12 months ago
Quoted from canea:

New code is great! Really appreciate the faster loads on everything so it runs so much smoother. Still impressed with how good the animations are - very crisp and colorful. Tending to have very long games now with higher scores overall than before.
Does hitting the STEPS holes the second time around occasionally start modes? I've had it start a couple and didn't know this was in the rules and its not clear on the screen that it would.
During the period where you're locking balls for battle rudy, the game needs to do something. I think it's intentional that you've made all the targets dead like this, but it feels blah. Even hitting Rudy does nothing - just making him say something sarcastic there would help. Targets wouldn't even have to score points, but maybe some varied little thunk or dead sounds, I dunno, something.
During the final battle, I dislike that the game kills the flippers after what seems like a somewhat short time to beat Rudy. Don't like it when games do that, but if it has to maybe a countdown timer would help amp up the tension and make it clear how much time you have left? Funnily enough, I did beat Rudy once in seconds with 2 quick shots to his mouth - not sure how that happened, haha. But the end sequences were great, well done.
Haunted rollercoaster is cool, but after you've played it 100 times, it doesn't feel worth the time for a little more than a million points. Maybe it could be worth more to justify it? Or maybe not. Just a thought.

During the final wizard the countdown timer is shown on the clock in the middle of the playfield, you might not notice unless you know.

#2596 12 months ago

My 2c

I find it has gotten (too) easier with the new code.

Some things that IMO should be made harder.

Modes are too easy to start
The trapdoor now stays open once you make the loop x times instead of closing after a timeout
Melt the clown gives you a big reward (R&TM, Extra Ball, $750K, HDC) no matter what you hit first, then becomes more of a skill shot , a full plunge always gives you hotdog combat , maybe they should only be lit one at a time?

#2597 12 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

During the final wizard the countdown timer is shown on the clock in the middle of the playfield, you might not notice unless you know.

Ah, cool! Will look for it next time.

#2598 12 months ago

So I haven't been on this thread for a while and I see there is a new update (yea!). But I also saw some folks having problems. Is there going to be a follow-up release right away or should we all proceed with what is out there now? Asking out of the laziness of not wanting to do 2 updates right in a row, I'll be honest...

#2599 12 months ago
Quoted from canea:

Ah, cool! Will look for it next time.

I missed it, too. Some call
Outs would help as is typical in many games. The “you’re running out of time” kind of thing. Godzilla for example does a nice job with that feedback.

#2600 12 months ago
Quoted from viper001:

So I haven't been on this thread for a while and I see there is a new update (yea!). But I also saw some folks having problems. Is there going to be a follow-up release right away or should we all proceed with what is out there now? Asking out of the laziness of not wanting to do 2 updates right in a row, I'll be honest...

If you want to wait theres a follow-up update on the finish line, to be released very soon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.