right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 61.
#2501 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Oh boy, thats an OLD version, you need to do the whole sd card and usb update thing

I was figuring that no biggie just a old fart learning new stuff and having fun. Thanks so much for your help!!

I think I may have an old tray type of adapter for the mini SD card. Like a normal SD card size the micro pops into.

#2502 1 year ago

Yes this should also work!

#2503 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Ha ha going through trade show junk lookie lookie.

So now is it best to do both updates at the same time?

My guess is SD mini card first, the do the USB stick.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2504 1 year ago

In the update notes it says the hidden hallway was shortened. It skips mine altogether. Does anyone still have this animation. Altogether, the update is great and it plays much better.

#2505 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Maybe it’s new computer time!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Ha ha going through trade show junk lookie lookie.
So now is it best to do both updates at the same time?
My guess is SD mini card first, the do the USB stick.

do both updates at the same time. The SD card is the boot disk for the system. The USB holds the funhouse software code.

#2507 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

do both updates at the same time. The SD card is the boot disk for the system. The USB holds the funhouse software code.

So for dumb computer people like me I think the instructions old instructions will lead people to the wrong down load like this:

https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Funhouse-SD-Card-update-instructions-2.pdf The 99_2.code

Should I be using the 99_8.code?

#2508 1 year ago

Yes please use only 99_8 code during you update procedure.

No need to travel through any previous version

#2509 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Yes please use only 99_8 code during you update procedure.
No need to travel through any previous version

My suggestion and I really do not know if it is possible but to kind of idiot proof this for guys like me, why even have the older codes available for download?

Like a dropbox redirect if possible (I have no clue if this is even a thing) or just delete it all together.

Some how I downloaded the correct code this morning 9_8 and then later on I downloaded the old code.

Now I am off the SD card is back in the game, now I am going down to put in the USB. Then power up.

And if this works I can assure you, that you guys have a real winner on the process, heck this was or maybe easier then a computer for dummies book!!! Thanks again so cool they way you helped me through things I really did not need help with if I could read correct!

#2510 1 year ago

What we have here is total communication!

Like a Christmas miracle I tell ya!!!

Anyone wondering about this conversion let me tell you. I am like a 2 out of 10 on puters (naked lady machines) for knowledge and here we have it!!

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What we have here is total communication!
Like a Christmas miracle I tell ya!!!
Anyone wondering about this conversion let me tell you. I am like a 2 out of 10 on puters (naked lady machines) for knowledge and here we have it!!
[quoted image]

You made it! Congratulations. Now we have proof that this is doable for Everyone

I get the confusion about the instructions and old software. But as long as we can sort it out with talking, i think its fine...
We prioritize getting the update out so at the time the update was finished we did not want to wait for a perfect instructions to get it out. However room for improvement is noted...

Have fun, personally i think this update is a real milestone doing the great Funhouse pinball machine justice

#2512 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

You made it! Congratulations. Now we have proof that this is doable for Everyone
I get the confusion about the instructions and old software. But as long as we can sort it out with talking, i think its fine...
We prioritize getting the update out so at the time the update was finished we did not want to wait for a perfect instructions to get it out. However room for improvement is noted...
Have fun, personally i think this update is a real milestone doing the great Funhouse pinball machine justice

Lots of extra balls I feel like a state champion!!!

Thanks again!!

#2513 1 year ago

Had this idea this week. Added bright caps with blue, red and white with white caps. Used water slide decals and made these custom Rudy’s nightmare caps.

E03F7043-CEE7-47F5-89ED-8CC746354A37 (resized).jpegE03F7043-CEE7-47F5-89ED-8CC746354A37 (resized).jpeg
#2514 1 year ago
Quoted from Patnukem:

Had this idea this week. Added bright caps with blue, red and white with white caps. Used water slide decals and made these custom Rudy’s nightmare caps.
[quoted image]

I like the white better than the clear!

#2515 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Lots of extra balls I feel like a state champion!!!
Thanks again!![quoted image]

You got one of the early Kits with the shirt, nice!

#2516 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Anyone else having trouble with the update? After update is complete and when booting the game I get this on the screen and it stays that way forever. [quoted image]

I narrowed down the issue to the motion control board. If I have the cable from the motion control board plugged in to the Pinsound adapter board at Ext 1, game won’t boot. If I unplug that at Ext 1, game boots fine. I am curious if anyone else with a shaker motor has been successful installing 99_8?

PS anyone form the dev team, I’m already working with Sean on this via support ticket. Thank you.

#2517 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

And the new test switches showed my trap door lane switch was stuck closed. No wonder so many extra balls.

My steps switch solenoid is not getting power after all the letters of steps are hit (closed) sling has power right next to it. Hmmm

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2518 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I narrowed down the issue to the motion control board. If I have the cable from the motion control board plugged in to the Pinsound adapter board at Ext 1, game won’t boot. If I unplug that at Ext 1, game boots fine. I am curious if anyone else with a shaker motor has been successful installing 99_8?
PS anyone form the dev team, I’m already working with Sean on this via support ticket. Thank you.

Yes, I have the motion control board installed, no issue with 99_8

You always rerun the upgrade again.

#2519 1 year ago

Installed the latest update. Funhouse 1.0 audio is still really off. Rudy is still way too low in the mix. Everything sounds fine in 2.0.

#2520 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

And the new test switches showed my trap door lane switch was stuck closed. No wonder so many extra balls.
My steps switch solenoid is not getting power after all the letters of steps are hit (closed) sling has power right next to it. Hmmm
[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like the thin coil wire broke loose from the solder connection...

20230409_084029 (resized).jpg20230409_084029 (resized).jpg

#2521 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Installed the latest update. Funhouse 1.0 audio is still really off. Rudy is still way too low in the mix. Everything sounds fine in 2.0.

Did you try the original sound mix from pinsound homepage? Or the remixed one?
https://www.pinsound.org/machine/funhouse/

#2522 1 year ago

Tried to Update from 0.99_2 to 0.99_8 ... without success!
The Update runs trought the process as described in the PDF. Have to push the "Program" Button because it stops at "Fast". After that it does the rest and stops at "Update finished". After reboot, it boots, but it stops at the boot screen with the message "HT Avail timeout" Start button is flashing, lights are like in the attract mode, but no sound.
Fortunately the rollback to 0.99_2 does work!

Any suggestions what to do?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Joerg

#2523 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

[quoted image]

Thanks so much. I’m disappointed I didn’t see this! Just fixed my monster bash flipper coil, same exact thing. I just soldered it back together. First project of the day.

#2524 1 year ago

Make sure you download using chrome and not edge.

Quoted from Tower_builder:

Tried to Update from 0.99_2 to 0.99_8 ... without success!
The Update runs trought the process as described in the PDF. Have to push the "Program" Button because it stops at "Fast". After that it does the rest and stops at "Update finished". After reboot, it boots, but it stops at the boot screen with the message "HT Avail timeout" Start button is flashing, lights are like in the attract mode, but no sound.
Fortunately the rollback to 0.99_2 does work!
Any suggestions what to do?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Joerg

#2525 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Did you try the original sound mix from pinsound homepage? Or the remixed one?
https://www.pinsound.org/machine/funhouse/

I'm confused by this. Do we have to load a different mix for FH1 audio separate from the updates - and how is this done? It was mentioned a while back that FH1 music and callouts can be adjusted individually in the menus? Would be nice if it sounded right without the extra hoop jumping honestly...

#2526 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

[quoted image]

Opps other side.

Any other ideas? I checked with volt meter.

When the steps light comes on nothing no voltage to the coil.

#2527 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Opps other side.
Any other ideas? I checked with volt meter.
When the steps light comes on nothing no voltage to the coil.
[quoted image]

you should always have voltage at the end with the two wires in the pics(game on of course)are you measuring it to ground (braid would work) or across the two coils leads (which won't show you anything)

#2528 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

you should always have voltage at the end with the two wires in the pics(game on of course)are you measuring it to ground (braid would work) or across the two coils leads (which won't show you anything)

You were correct!!! And it was the little wire from the coil. Resoldered and works perfectly!

Thanks

#2529 1 year ago
Quoted from canea:

I'm confused by this. Do we have to load a different mix for FH1 audio separate from the updates - and how is this done? It was mentioned a while back that FH1 music and callouts can be adjusted individually in the menus? Would be nice if it sounded right without the extra hoop jumping honestly...

Yeah me too...I just loaded the .98 I didn't do anything with any other sounds. I know people have been messing with them on their own, but wasn't aware they had any different ones on their site?

#2530 1 year ago

Any one else not have a rudys hideout animation and it randomly not fire the coil and kick the ball out of the hideout. It happens to me every couple of times the ball lands in there. Was working fine before.

#2531 1 year ago
Quoted from canea:

Totally agree. The product should come with Funhouse 1.0 sounding great. When the marketing says you can play Funhouse 1.0, that’s the customer’s expectation. I did try using Original Funhouse Remastered but tried all afternoon and never got it working properly. I was successful with others but they all sounded terrible to be honest.

#2532 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Totally agree. The product should come with Funhouse 1.0 sounding great. When the marketing says you can play Funhouse 1.0, that’s the customer’s expectation. I did try using Original Funhouse Remastered but tried all afternoon and never got it working properly. I was successful with others.

Im using the Original "classic" orchestration. To me it sounds the best.

I used the pinsound studio to "globally" raise the voices and lower the music.

It took about 5 mins for the adjustment.

#2533 1 year ago
Quoted from joshwiseman:

Any one else not have a rudys hideout animation and it randomly not fire the coil and kick the ball out of the hideout. It happens to me every couple of times the ball lands in there. Was working fine before.

Yeah, I thought I noticed this too. It will give me hammer, but after that nothing, just kicks it out.

#2534 1 year ago
Quoted from joshwiseman:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I was able to replicate it here as well. We will be fixing this very soon and adding it to the 99_8 update for a reinstall as soon as humanly possible. If you experience this often, you can roll back to 99_2 in the meantime.

We will let everyone know here once it is good to go and thank you in advance for your patience. As for other current suggestions, we are still listening, always taking notes, and still have more on the to-do list to come with future updates. Funhouse 2.0 wouldn't be as awesome without your help, suggestions, and enthusiasm too.

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Make sure you download using chrome and not edge.

I never use Edge, Standard is Firefox, but now i tried Chrome....unfortunately with the same result!
The Update goes trough, but the Machine does not boot properly...after reboot it stays forever with the following screen:
Any other suggestions? Does it help if i rewrite the SD-Card again? However, the rollbackt to 0.99_2 does alwasy work fine, but of course i would like to have the latest update running!

IMG_7152 (resized).JPGIMG_7152 (resized).JPGIMG_7154 (resized).JPGIMG_7154 (resized).JPG
#2536 1 year ago

UVAJED Found what looks like a bug yesterday on 99_8

This is on the first ball of a game, if I launch a ball and immediately shoot the lock without hitting anything else, the game just sits there, never does a ball search or release the ball. If hit it a target before hitting the lock everything works as expected.

On the 2nd or 3rd ball if you launch and shot the lock, the game says 10 minutes added, but loads another ball into the shooter lane. Then it unlocks the ball in the ball lock, so you have two balls. Same as the first ball if you hit a target or score points everything works as expected.

Checked my switches and they are all functioning and I can repeat this with the glass off, it's how I found the ball 2/3 conditions.

#2537 1 year ago

I never use Edge, Standard is Firefox, but now i tried Chrome....unfortunately with the same result!
The Update goes trough, but the Machine does not boot properly...after reboot it stays forever with the following screen:
Any other suggestions? Does it help if i rewrite the SD-Card again? However, the rollbackt to 0.99_2 does alwasy work fine, but of course i would like to have the latest update running![quoted image][quoted image]

What happens if you disconnect your Motion Control board from the Pinsound? Which shaker motor are you using with the Pinsound / Motion Control?

Quoted from chillme:

UVAJED Found what looks like a bug yesterday on 99_8
This is on the first ball of a game, if I launch a ball and immediately shoot the lock without hitting anything else, the game just sits there, never does a ball search or release the ball. If hit it a target before hitting the lock everything works as expected.
On the 2nd or 3rd ball if you launch and shot the lock, the game says 10 minutes added, but loads another ball into the shooter lane. Then it unlocks the ball in the ball lock, so you have two balls. Same as the first ball if you hit a target or score points everything works as expected.
Checked my switches and they are all functioning and I can repeat this with the glass off, it's how I found the ball 2/3 conditions.

I cannot reproduce this. Can anyone else? chillme please copy/paste this into a ticket, and include a video of these scenarios if possible so the software team can take a closer look. Thank you.

https://pedrettigaming.freshdesk.com/support/home

#2538 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

What happens if you disconnect your Motion Control board from the Pinsound? Which shaker motor are you using with the Pinsound / Motion Control?

I cannot reproduce this. Can anyone else? chillme please copy/paste this into a ticket, and include a video of these scenarios if possible so the software team can take a closer look. Thank you.

i tried to force replicate the issue by picking the ball out of the shooter lane and and tossing it into the lock. It gave me and extra ball - plus - put a ball in the shooter lane. Each time i did this on the following ball, it was differing results. However, this was without hitting any entrance switches and hijacking the probability of that shot occurring. in regular game play I haven't seen any issues. I'm wanted to get around to a full review, because this 99_8 code is leaps and bounce behind what i was in the past. Truly feeling like a new game now that i'm not fighting with oddball glitch notes on a scrap piece of paper. Amazing.

#2539 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

i tried to force replicate the issue by picking the ball out of the shooter lane and and tossing it into the lock. It gave me and extra ball - plus - put a ball in the shooter lane. Each time i did this on the following ball, it was differing results. However, this was without hitting any entrance switches and hijacking the probability of that shot occurring. in regular game play I haven't seen any issues. I'm wanted to get around to a full review, because this 99_8 code is leaps and bounce behind what i was in the past. Truly feeling like a new game now that i'm not fighting with oddball glitch notes on a scrap piece of paper. Amazing.

Thank you for testing this, and it is most likely (hopefully) a very edge-case scenario. We are still looking into it just in case as always; and I'm confident that chillme will help us with the details soon so we can stomp out this potential bug of sorts.

That's great for us to hear about your 'full review' for FH 2.0. Don't let any little glitches hold you back. 99_8 is 100% (as you mentioned) feeling like a brand new experience for Funhouse for sure:

99_8 E.g. = :

-Ball kick-outs are faster
-New callouts / faster integration
-You can skip (double press / flippers) end of ball bonuses
-Quicker/more light-shows
-Steps ramp includes modes now
-Better score balancing
-Qualifying the mystery/scoop (random and new mysteries included)
-Etc, etc, etc +++

---> ESPECIALLY now though, with the code-incorporated ball-save / auto-launcher = monumental for a 90's game and it just flows; like you said Zukidog and #everyone for sure.

I will post a video on Wednesday of a fully functional auto-launcher working good here with 99_8 if anyone wants to see it working?

Where there's a will there's a way for everything.

More to follow up to everyone in the very-near-future in regards to how everyone can have their own auto-launcher. It will be worth your wait; but you won't have to wait too long.

#2540 1 year ago

Hi thanks for this update. I got it working. Only problem for me is now I get a TILT warning and all my flippers stop. I’m not tilting at all and never have had this warning before??

#2541 1 year ago

Update sounds great. Auto launcher is a game changer for sure. Getting ready for update and auto launcher install. Great follow up by the whole team. Thank you, guys, on pinside for finding and reporting the glitches.

#2542 1 year ago
Quoted from rickeve:

Update sounds great. Auto launcher is a game changer for sure. Getting ready for update and auto launcher install. Great follow up by the whole team. Thank you, guys, on pinside for finding and reporting the glitches.

Ah good grief are you kidding me, I was manually plunging multiball and was like what would a auto launch be like on this game. Oh well more work to be done.

Are the points locked until you launch a ball in multiball when I am being told to launch the ball? I think they should be

#2543 1 year ago

The Jackpots are disabled if you do not plunge the Ball in MB (with a grace period)

#2544 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I have one of the early kits too. I got mine updated and the code is so much better!!

#2545 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

The Jackpots are disabled if you do not plunge the Ball in MB (with a grace period)

Perfect!!!!!!!

#2546 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Thank you for testing this, and it is most likely (hopefully) a very edge-case scenario. We are still looking into it just in case as always; and I'm confident that chillme will help us with the details soon so we can stomp out this potential bug of sorts.
That's great for us to hear about your 'full review' for FH 2.0. Don't let any little glitches hold you back. 99_8 is 100% (as you mentioned) feeling like a brand new experience for Funhouse for sure:
99_8 E.g. = :
-Ball kick-outs are faster
-New callouts / faster integration
-You can skip (double press / flippers) end of ball bonuses
-Quicker/more light-shows
-Steps ramp includes modes now
-Better score balancing
-Qualifying the mystery/scoop (random and new mysteries included)
-Etc, etc, etc +++

---> ESPECIALLY now though, with the code-incorporated ball-save / auto-launcher = monumental for a 90's game and it just flows; like you said Zukidog and #everyone for sure.
I will post a video on Wednesday of a fully functional auto-launcher working good here with 99_8 if anyone wants to see it working?
Where there's a will there's a way for everything.
More to follow up to everyone in the very-near-future in regards to how everyone can have their own auto-launcher. It will be worth your wait; but you won't have to wait too long.

Very anxious to see auto launch

#2547 1 year ago

Good news! If i disconnect the connection between the PinSound XL Board and the Motion Control Board, the Machine boots up and i can play, of course without the shaker, but with normal sound effects.
The Shaker and the Motion Control Board (V7.0 as stated on the board) are both from PinSound.
Very good shaker effects on version 0.99_2 both in Version 1.0 and 2.0
When i boot 0.99_8 without shaker and connect the shaker after booting up, the shaker obvisouly does not work...
Hope that helps to solve the issue....

#2548 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Good news! If i disconnect the connection between the PinSound XL Board and the Motion Control Board, the Machine boots up and i can play, of course without the shaker, but with normal sound effects.
The Shaker and the Motion Control Board (V7.0 as stated on the board) are both from PinSound.

If i connect the shaker after booting up the machine, the shaker does obviously not work.

Hope that helps to solve the issue...

#2549 1 year ago

If i connect the shaker after booting up the machine, the shaker does obviously not work.
Hope that helps to solve the issue...

I’m facing the exact same issue. If motion control board is connected to ext 1 on the Pinsound board, game won’t boot in 99_8. Kind of glad to know I’m not the only one. Been working with Pedretti support to try to help them figure it out.

#2550 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

thanks, I've created the ticket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/51?hl=joshwiseman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.