right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 61.
#201 2 years ago

The only limitation should be in the batches that they are made, and whether there are large gaps or small gaps in between.

#202 2 years ago

Would love to see @applejuice's Whirlwind get this treatment next.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The only limitation should be in the batches that they are made, and whether there are large gaps or small gaps in between.

Thanks for not making it limited! It tells me you have confidence in the product and don't need to rely on FOMO to boost sales.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I am glad I don't have to worry about FOMO. I'll probably get the kit eventually.
I've never been an early adopter. I don't even have email going to my phone yet!
No FONBF for me!

I'm a pre-adopter, I lent my Funhouse to FAST Pinball about a year ago for this project. I'm stoked to see it's finally getting close to finished. I only had vague details all along and it's looking way more rad than I imagined!

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm a pre-adopter, I lent my Funhouse to FAST Pinball about a year ago for this project. I'm stoked to see it's finally getting close to finished. I only had vague details all along and it's looking way more rad than I imagined!

When FAST asks to borrow a pin for an extended period of time, we return it cooler than it was when we got it.

Thanks again Dan!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#206 2 years ago

Interesting - I wasn't aware that FAST did system 11. Now I must learn more..

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Interesting - I wasn't aware that FAST did system 11. Now I must learn more..

Funhouse is WPC89, just like Bride of PinBot. I am aware that there were a small number of System 11-ish Funhouses. Sound boards? Very early in the run or prototypes?

We do have a FAST System 11 board though... more on that later.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#208 2 years ago

fastpinball any details on what coding platform was used for this? Was it MPF?

#209 2 years ago

I am glad I don't have to worry about FOMO. I'll probably get the kit eventually.
I've never been an early adopter.
No FONBF for me!

Same here. I like to at least see how it plays before buying.

#210 2 years ago

I don't even own a FH but I'm still very interested in this!

#211 2 years ago

I mean....it plays like a funhouse...im not clear on what some of you expect. It is just code changes. The shots amd feel are the same. I guess some want it all handed out and not leave any suprises? I don't want all the details on the code...otherwise why buy it? Just watch someone play it online and call it a day.

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I mean....it plays like a funhouse...im not clear on what some of you expect. It is just code changes. The shots amd feel are the same. I guess some want it all handed out and not leave any suprises? I don't want all the details on the code...otherwise why buy it? Just watch someone play it online and call it a day.

I assume it's going to be alot like Bride of Pinbot 2.0, which I also have. Same playfield and shots, nothing changes there, but all new music and objectives, alot more depth, ability to add in new multi-balls and wizard modes, etc. With BOP 2.0 it completely changes the game so it feels like a totally new game, even though the playfield layout remains the same.

#213 2 years ago

So how much did FH just increase in value? 4 wanted ads on Pinside and I have seen about 15 on Facebook.

#214 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I assume it's going to be alot like Bride of Pinbot 2.0, which I also have. Same playfield and shots, nothing changes there, but all new music and objectives, alot more depth, ability to add in new multi-balls and wizard modes, etc. With BOP 2.0 it completely changes the game so it feels like a totally new game, even though the playfield layout remains the same.

I get that, but why would you want all that spoiled? If you've already played the original, you already know if you like the game or not. Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't want it all spelled out, I like the discovery.

#215 2 years ago

I appreciate what your saying - being a Halloween owner (on order) to me it is a similar question. For 2k how good will the code be? We know the games shoots well and is a favorite classic - but will the new code really provide the depth and value for the 2k price tag? Also I am impatient as this is one of my favorite game so Id like to know what I just bought outside of the art Im not sure I even want to use!

Quoted from Zablon:

I get that, but why would you want all that spoiled? If you've already played the original, you already know if you like the game or not. Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't want it all spelled out, I like the discovery.

#216 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can see your view, but I can see wanting to have some kind of idea how deep or versatile the new rules are before buying, without knowing everything.

That said: I really like this development.

#217 2 years ago

Has anyone heard if anyone is making new cabinet decals to go along with this.

I'm looking at getting my PF refurbished and new cabinet decals. If I'm gonna do new decals I figured I should check if anyone is making some for this first.

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

first to reserve are the first to get the kits when available

I like how manufacturers now think they have to explain FOMO to us.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from MC35:

Has anyone heard if anyone is making new cabinet decals to go along with this.
I'm looking at getting my PF refurbished and new cabinet decals. If I'm gonna do new decals I figured I should check if anyone is making some for this first.

Didn’t even think of this! A pinside member did for BOP2.0 .Lets see if anyone steps up.

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I like how manufacturers now think they have to explain FOMO to us.

Well it's rule #1 of sales so.... don't expect them to stop any time soon!

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I can see your view, but I can see wanting to have some kind of idea how deep or versatile the new rules are before buying, without knowing everything.
That said: I really like this development.

Exactly. I would like to see how Rudy is used and if new modes look fun. Code makes a huge difference if game fun or not.

#222 2 years ago

Wondering about led lighting in games with this kit as I’m unclear whether the flickering issue is caused by control methods located in the wpc mpu or the driver board. I hear that the led ocd boards do a good job of correcting these issues but an wondering if the new board the 2.0 kit uses addresses led flicker or not?

#223 2 years ago

Good point, and would be interesting to know if the new kit is compatible with the led ocd boards

#224 2 years ago

There was a Funhouse for sale in Austin last week. I had arrangements to look at it tomorrow but just noticed that it already sold for $7500. The search continues.

#225 2 years ago

Pinsound Black Friday.
I'm assuming the pinsound shaker will work with the pinsound board for Rudy 2.0?
Anyone know? Thanks

#226 2 years ago

It was posted earlier in this thread that it will

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Pinsound Black Friday.
I'm assuming the pinsound shaker will work with the pinsound board for Rudy 2.0?
Anyone know? Thanks

#227 2 years ago

What are FH prices going for right now? Average??

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

It was posted earlier in this thread that it will

Pretty sure this is it if I’m wrong Tell me and I’ll fix the link

https://www.pinsound.org/shop/en/55-5615-ps-motion-control.html#/28-pinball-funhouse_wpc_

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I dont see it. Just a wanted ad.

Couldn't find it in the group now either. did see it still listed here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#232 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What are FH prices going for right now? Average??

Prices seem to be all over from low $5000 to over $10000.

#233 2 years ago

Who knew pinball would be an investment 20 years ago.

#234 2 years ago

Looking forward to this upgrade. Great that you can switch back to the original game play with the upgraded screens.

#236 2 years ago

Why post that again?

#237 2 years ago

It never gets old.

#238 2 years ago

Is that Rudy's new voice narrating that? Sounds like the Cryptkeeper.

#239 2 years ago

Is that Rudy's new voice narrating that? Sounds like the Cryptkeeper.

I sure hope not !

#240 2 years ago

I hope we will be able switch everything to other games in the future, just need the software per game. After trying it, if you like it.. buy the full kit.

#241 2 years ago

I am really interested to know if the new dialogue spoken by Rudy will still actuate his mouth correctly as was originally programmed. I can't see any indication of this in the teaser video. Larry Demar spent hundreds of hours programming the movement of Rudy's jaw to be in snyc with the audio. I really hope this is carried forward to the new game in this update, or else you will lose a significant part of the experience.

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Couldn't find it in the group now either. did see it still listed here.[quoted image]

The tom bishop post is a known scam account.

#243 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Funhouse is WPC89, just like Bride of PinBot. I am aware that there were a small number of System 11-ish Funhouses. Sound boards? Very early in the run or prototypes?
We do have a FAST System 11 board though... more on that later.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Are you ready to unveil more info on these boards yet?

I’m intrigued by the boards in funhouse and the possibility of system 11 hardware.

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbaltz:

Are you ready to unveil more info on these boards yet?
I’m intrigued by the boards in funhouse and the possibility of system 11 hardware.

We are all focused on supporting the 2.0 project teams so that they can to get their game kits released asap. All available inventory has been reserved for existing projects so we probably won't be making our developer kits available until after the first of the year.

We hope to have more information out in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, here is a FAST System 11 board pic I had handy.

A2131C96-6348-441A-AB7B-1914DE54BB12 (resized).jpegA2131C96-6348-441A-AB7B-1914DE54BB12 (resized).jpeg

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

We are all focused on supporting the 2.0 project teams so that they can to get their game kits released asap. All available inventory has been reserved for existing projects so we probably won't be making our developer kits available until after the first of the year.
We hope to have more information out in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience.
In the meantime, here is a FAST System 11 board pic I had handy.
[quoted image]
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Is this compatible with the LED OCD boards?

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Is this compatible with the LED OCD boards?

I don't see why it would not be.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I don't see why it would not be.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Are the led ocd boards necessary to smooth out led action if using your new cpu?

#248 2 years ago

I'm not sure about everyone else, nit picking aside, but I can't wait to drop this in my FH and play it backwards and forwards!!

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Are the led ocd boards necessary to smooth out led action if using your new cpu?

For the FAST Controllers in a WPC89, WPC-S and WPC95 game the lamp drive is still on a separate board so an additional piece of hardware (such as LEDOCD) would be needed to create the smooth on/off of LEDs.

The FAST System11 board may not need the additional the hardware.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#250 2 years ago

Anxiously waiting to see if I'm on the reservation list.
Any updates on when emails will be sent out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.