right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 61.
#151 2 years ago

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I wonder how well they were able to sync Rudy's mouth to the new voice call outs.

I have Full Throttle and think the coding was well done so it's encouraging the same programmer is doing this.

#152 2 years ago

Looks pretty cool, sorta wish I had a funhouse now. Artwork looks pretty good to me, fits the theme / style well. You can never please everyone.

#153 2 years ago

I’m more excited about these than the Chicago Gaming remakes. But, I like Funhouse and Whirlwind better than any that have been remade so far.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Considering what a nice Funhouse would go for before this announcement, let me just say about F:RN ....
$10K by xmas

Unfortunately it was already hitting 10K. That's nuts!

#155 2 years ago

Hopefully if updates like this sell well it will encourage someone to see about putting some of these updated titles back into production!

#156 2 years ago

with the kit: can you still use the original translite, or has the size changed and you have to use the new one?

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

with the kit: can you still use the original translite, or has the size changed and you have to use the new one?

Size I'd argue would have changed, but thats just my guess.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

@Stuieb84... I thumbs upped you bcuz I thought that was a great question.

I'm warming up to the translite, but I not in love with it, and being forced to keep it bcuz of display size, is a huge consideration.

#159 2 years ago

Since it's all reversable, I would say it is the same size - as it has to fit in the existing speaker panel space. The screen doesn't appear to be any bigger than the existing display.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Size I'd argue would have changed, but thats just my guess.

Oh, shit. I hadn't thought of that!

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

... However, depending on what the theme really is - the true meaning of Rudy's Nightmare - is he in a dream? etc ...

When I played the kit they explained to me that Rudy is asleep, we are playing his nightmares and the goal is to wake him up from it. Therefore Rudys eyes are closed when starting a game, he's sleeping.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

When I played the kit they explained to me that Rudy is asleep, we are playing his nightmares and the goal is to wake him up from it. Therefore Rudys eyes are closed when starting a game, he's sleeping.

Sounds awesome.

#163 2 years ago

Deepfake voice technology.

Just sayin’

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Deepfake voice technology.
Just sayin’

Hahahha...omg...someone do this

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Please tell me hes snoring from time to time if that’s the case.

#166 2 years ago

I'm also wondering if you can use the original backglass?! I have a dam near perfect og backglass with an awesome M3X mod (3hr install) that looks so good I can't part with it. That would be the very unfortunate deal breaker for me.

#167 2 years ago

So, I realize we are all going to come up with nit picky questions, but the one about Rudy is one I would be curious about. I had assumed Rudy would be functioning during the game, and now I'm wondering if he is not active at all unless you beat the game? It would seem odd playing with his eyes closed the whole time. I think gameplay clips are going to be key in order to get people to bite.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

So, I realize we are all going to come up with nit picky questions, but the one about Rudy is one I would be curious about. I had assumed Rudy would be functioning during the game, and now I'm wondering if he is not active at all unless you beat the game? It would seem odd playing with his eyes closed the whole time. I think gameplay clips are going to be key in order to get people to bite.

Doesn't make sense that he would be inactive during the entire game play since one of the main shots is hitting him. There will at least be snoring chokes, hitting him to wake him up, maybe delusional fits (sleep walking).....or...maybe he's 'asleep' but you are in the dream state where he is active...we don't know yet, but I'm intrigued by all the possibilities.

#169 2 years ago

If they are a few weeks from release I'm guessing they have a game that plays. An actual gameplay video along with the announcement would have alleviated a bunch of this speculation regarding features.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If they are a few weeks from release I'm guessing they have a game that plays. An actual gameplay video along with the announcement would have alleviated a bunch of this speculation regarding features.

One thing I've learned about pinball is...that is rarely the case with anyone but Stern.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hello!
We have more than one game working!
As write before we are waiting WMS approval for start post everything and send out kits!
Game in the announcement is one of the working games at our place.

#172 2 years ago

Translite is the same size as original.
As write before everything is reversible, no changes on the machine.
We studied everything for be easy to install and reversible if needed.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Translite is the same size as original.
As write before everything is reversible, no changes on the machine.
We studied everything for be easy to install and reversible if needed.

What about a gameplay video? It seems like a prototype is running si it would have been nice to see what we expect. Tks and nice job.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

What about a gameplay video? It seems like a prototype is running si it would have been nice to see what we expect. Tks and nice job.

He Just explained that?

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

.that is rarely the case with anyone but Stern.

AP.. released LOV and the games had already been shipped to bars and arcades for people to play...
That's a nice new approach to releasing a new game.

#176 2 years ago

As Rick said from Planetary Pinball, we will have a working Funhouse 2.0 on location in the next couple of weeks in Reno. We will try our best to showcase the game code when it is available.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

That's a nice new approach to releasing a new game

Old standard approach to beat up a game, and check durability and ball hangs, get feedback from the players?

I have often though that rushing a game out for the public to beta test it was a weak premise...

#178 2 years ago

Any plans to stream?

Quoted from pinballonthemark:

As Rick said from Planetary Pinball, we will have a working Funhouse 2.0 on location in the next couple of weeks in Reno. We will try our best to showcase the game code when it is available.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Hello!
We have more than one game working!
As write before we are waiting WMS approval for start post everything and send out kits!
Game in the announcement is one of the working games at our place.

Thanks for the response. I'm curious as to the reasoning behind making the announcement before you had Williams approval and a gameplay video.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Thanks for the response. I'm curious as to the reasoning behind making the announcement before you had Williams approval and a gameplay video.

How these deals usually work is that you need "final" approval on what assets were used and how they were implemented. WMS (Scientific Gaming) wants to make sure that you're not using their marks anywhere or stepping on any properties in a way that they don't want. I can tell you from first hand experience that none of the lawyers at Scientific Gaming know much or care at all about pinball, however the red tape is standard for intellectual property. Pedretti Gaming (and company) also want that signoff/waiver of liability in the event that something comes into question down the road.

Most times you also want an idea of demand to see if its worth the investment, and you don't get an idea of that without some form of announcement/teaser media.

While licensing discussions are underway, you're still wanting to do some field testing to make sure the software/hardware stack holds up. Most times, studios will allow you to produce so many prototypes that are outside of the typical licensing agreement for this purpose. From there, you're working on a bare bones set of code, enough to give the player enough immersion into the theme with the plan to add on more assets later as the studio approves.

Glad to see this happening. Funhouse is definitely a favorite game of mine.

-- Jimmy

#181 2 years ago

Why isn't their a TEABAGGING TERROR! Mode? Missed opportunity.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Why isn't there a TEABAGGING TERROR! Mode? Missed opportunity.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

How these deals usually work is that you need "final" approval on what assets were used and how they were implemented. WMS (Scientific Gaming) wants to make sure that you're not using their marks anywhere or stepping on any properties in a way that they don't want. I can tell you from first hand experience that none of the lawyers at Scientific Gaming know much or care at all about pinball, however the red tape is standard for intellectual property. Pedretti Gaming (and company) also want that signoff/waiver of liability in the event that something comes into question down the road.
Most times you also want an idea of demand to see if its worth the investment, and you don't get an idea of that without some form of announcement/teaser media.
While licensing discussions are underway, you're still wanting to do some field testing to make sure the software/hardware stack holds up. Most times, studios will allow you to produce so many prototypes that are outside of the typical licensing agreement for this purpose. From there, you're working on a bare bones set of code, enough to give the player enough immersion into the theme with the plan to add on more assets later as the studio approves.
Glad to see this happening. Funhouse is definitely a favorite game of mine.
-- Jimmy

Thanks for the detailed response. I guess that makes sense and I gather you can't show gameplay video if it has any Williams assets until you get approval.

#184 2 years ago

Am I the only one that watches the video a few times a day?

Just curious

-Paul

#185 2 years ago

@pedretti_gaming, whenever you do Pinbot (or Taxi) you HAVE to get Chris Granner to do the music!

Pretty please!

#186 2 years ago

Leaked video of gameplay.

#188 2 years ago

Signed up for a kit today. Damn I was planning on putting my Funhouse up for sale 2 weeks ago but was working so many hours I never got around to it. Talk about getting lucky.

#189 2 years ago

Would love to see a Black Knight 2000.2.0

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Leaked video of gameplay.

Disturbing.

Taxi is a slam tilt.
I would add Whirlwind and EARTHSHAKER!
To the list.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Would love to see a Black Knight 2.0

Hmmm, wouldn't that have to be 4.0 or maybe 1.1. And I guess Cyclone would really be Comet 2.1.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Disturbing.

Taxi is a slam tilt.
I would add Whirlwind and EARTHSHAKER!
To the list.

To have pinsound in Taxi, and have harvey fierstein callouts for the trans Lola, would be incredible!

Python Anghelo would appreciate it.

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Here's a list...
System 11 games:
Grand Lizard
High Speed
Road Kings
System 11A games:
F-14 Tom Cat
Fire
Millionaire
Pin-Bot
System 11B games:
Big Guns
Space Station
Cyclone
Banzai Run
Swords of Fury
Taxi
Jokerz!
Earthshaker
Black Knight 2000
Transporter The Rescue
Police Force
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Bad Cats
Mousin Around
Whirlwind

Don't forget Radical!!

#194 2 years ago

Seriously already sold out? And how many of these spots were purchased by scalpers? If anyone wants to bow out let me know I'll happily take your place.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Seriously already sold out? And how many of these spots were purchased by scalpers? If anyone wants to bow out let me know I'll happily take your place.

They haven't went on sale yet. Just interest reservations. Also, it doesn't sound like there is a limited number planned.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Submit your email address, they will let you know when they come in.

#197 2 years ago

https://cointaker.com/products/rudys-nightmare-kit-funhouse-2

Quoted from CLEllison:

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They haven't went on sale yet. Just interest reservations. Also, it doesn't sound like there is a limited number planned.

I agree, it doesn't sounds limited. That would be foolish at this point. Just make them as needed and they can make the money instead of scalpers/flippers like what has happened with toppers for instance.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I agree, it doesn't sounds limited. That would be foolish at this point. Just make them as needed and they can make the money instead of scalpers/flippers like what has happened with toppers for instance.

Agreed. I hope they make and sell 2000, then make as many more they need for years. An open ended edition benefits the company to make more titles.

#200 2 years ago

I am glad I don't have to worry about FOMO. I'll probably get the kit eventually.

I've never been an early adopter. I don't even have email going to my phone yet!

No FONBF for me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/4?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.