right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 61.
#2351 1 year ago

So did anyone update the sound package on the funhouse 1? I just thought I would try but not sure about the files I use. Thanks

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from rickeve:

So did anyone update the sound package on the funhouse 1? I just thought I would try but not sure about the files I use. Thanks

You can download any of the pinsound packages at https://www.pinsound.org/machine/funhouse/

Once downloaded, unzip the package. Take the flash drive out of the Pinsound XL board, and put that in your computer. Then create a new folder called Audio. Now placed the unpacked folder into the audio package. You can place multiple sound packages into the folder.

when finished insert the flash drive back into the Pinsound XL board.

Power up funhouse, select 1.0. Once booted, you can use the volume control to switch sound packages. To switch turn the volume down to 0 then back up. You should hear a chime and a sample from the package will play. You can do this mid game to try different packages at anytime.
screenshot_24 (resized).pngscreenshot_24 (resized).png

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

You can download any of the pinsound packages at https://www.pinsound.org/machine/funhouse/
Once downloaded, unzip the package. Take the flash drive out of the Pinsound XL board, and put that in your computer. Then create a new folder called Audio. Now placed the unzipped folder into the audio package. You can place multiple sound packages into the folder.
Power up funhouse, select 1.0. Once booted, you can use the volume control to switch sound packages. To switch turn the volume down to 0 then back up. You should hear a chime and a sample from the package will play. You can do this mid game to try different packages at anytime. [quoted image]

you said to unzip it, then later say to put the unzipped folder into the audio folder? which is it..pinsound ususally uses the unzipped download...or am I misunderstanding this...

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

you said to unzip it, then later say to put the unzipped folder into the audio folder? which is it..pinsound ususally uses the unzipped download...or am I misunderstanding this...

Sorry, unpack the zip file, and move the folder into the audio directory. When I say unzipped, I mean I ran unzipped and it produces a folder. This is the difference of the pinsound xl card, it will not unpack a zip file and will just ignore it.

#2356 1 year ago

Good evening , first off everything is updated to the most current firmware/code. When I play 1.0 I have no issues. When I play 2.0 the ball will not eject, other issue is the hidden hallway lock/multiball release will not work in game but passes test and also works in 1.0, outhole fails coil test but works in 1.0 Switches are registering in tests and all other coils. I've tried different usb sticks and microsd cards to no avail.

#2357 1 year ago

Ok so after a complete run through here is where I'm at. ( everything is on most current updates, I have swapped usb and microsd cards with same issues )

Funhouse 2.0
Coil test not working in 2.0
Mouth motor
Up/down diverter
Outhole
Balls won't eject
Multiball release won't work
All switches test fine

Funhouse 1.0
Mouth motor works
Up down works
Outhole works
Balls eject
Multiball release works
All switches test fine.

#2358 1 year ago

Just a shot here, but I would check the USB cable between the Pinsound XL and fast cards.

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Just a shot here, but I would check the USB cable between the Pinsound XL and fast cards.

Ok, I'll reseat it and boot it up.

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Repeated everything still the same.

Funhouse 2.0
Mouth motor
Up/down diverter
Outhole
Balls won't eject
All switches test fine

Funhouse 1.0
Mouth motor works
Up down works
Outhole works
Balls eject .
Multiball release works
All switches test fine.

#2361 1 year ago

Looks like an issue with your driver board, only other thing I can think to try would be to reset the ribbon cable between the fast cpu board and the driver board. Its odd the stuff works under 1.0.

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Repeated everything still the same.
Funhouse 2.0
Mouth motor
Up/down diverter
Outhole
Balls won't eject
All switches test fine
Funhouse 1.0
Mouth motor works
Up down works
Outhole works
Balls eject .
Multiball release works
All switches test fine.

It is puzzling. Have you contacted Pedretti or Pinsound? They’d probably have some good insight.

#2363 1 year ago

Or maybe a switch/diode wrong wired (with playfield swap?) as some had with start button.

#2364 1 year ago

Original playfield, possibly a diode then. I do have access to a syncing working Funhouse so I'm really curios if I swap the kit over into that one if it works or does the same thing.
Also maybe just wait until the next code if it's bot a faulty diode somewhere.

#2365 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

It is puzzling. Have you contacted Pedretti or Pinsound? They’d probably have some good insight.

I sent messages over the weekend, waiting to hear back.

#2366 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Once downloaded, unzip the package. Take the flash drive out of the Pinsound XL board, and put that in your computer. Then create a new folder called Audio. Now placed the unpacked folder into the audio package. You can place multiple sound packages into the folder.
Power up funhouse, select 1.0. Once booted, you can use the volume control to switch sound packages. To switch turn the volume down to 0 then back up. You should hear a chime and a sample from the package will play. You can do this mid game to try different packages at anytime.
[quoted image]

Thank you for these instructions. I've tried these available alternate sound packs, but all three of them do not feature Rudy's correct voice. They all sound like the guy who made the packs imitated Rudy himself. I don't mean offense to the creators, but they sound very off to me. The music and sound effects on some of them sound very good, but with the wrong voice, it's no good for me.

Funhouse Mr. Tantrum Stereo/Normalized Mix
Funhouse_Pinsound_Original_Remastered
Funhouse_KJS

So, this leaves me with the default sound pack that comes with Rudy's Nightmare. At least it's the original sounds, although sampled. However, Rudy's voice has a muffled quality and is too quiet in the mix compared to the sound effects and music. Overall for me, it is unsatisfactory and doesn't match the original Funhouse experience.

Dear Pedretti, please improve the audio samples in Funhouse 1.0 to make it sound like the original. Or at least much improved.

Thank you.

#2367 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Thank you for these instructions. I've tried these available alternate sound packs, but all three of them do not feature Rudy's correct voice. They all sound like the guy who made the packs imitated Rudy himself. I don't mean offense to the creators, but they sound very off to me. The music and sound effects on some of them sound very good, but with the wrong voice, it's no good for me.
Funhouse Mr. Tantrum Stereo/Normalized Mix
Funhouse_Pinsound_Original_Remastered
Funhouse_KJS
So, this leaves me with the default sound pack that comes with Rudy's Nightmare. At least it's the original sounds, although sampled. However, Rudy's voice has a muffled quality and is too quiet in the mix compared to the sound effects and music. Overall for me, it is unsatisfactory and doesn't match the original Funhouse experience.
Dear Pedretti, please improve the audio samples in Funhouse 1.0 to make it sound like the original. Or at least much improved.
Thank you.

Try the original funhouse orchestration from the pinsound website, not the community.

Not the remastered or any of the other ones.

I agree, the others dont sound quite right.

I find it acceptable after a lot of discreet tweaking and adjustments.

#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Try the original funhouse orchestration from the pinsound website, not the community.
Not the remastered or any of the other ones.
I agree, the others dont sound quite right.
I find it acceptable after a lot of discreet tweaking and adjustments.

"Funhouse_Original" doesn't work for me. I don't hear the "checking sound" voice or whatever when the game boots. Then, when I try to change sound packs with volume 0, nothing happens at all, not the chime. Also, there is no sound whatsoever in Funhouse 1.0 when that pack is on the USB drive. I am installing it the same as all the rest, by putting the unzipped folder into "audio" folder on the USB drive.

Puzzling.
AA915423-8580-4A06-91DA-5FCEFC26EB72 (resized).jpegAA915423-8580-4A06-91DA-5FCEFC26EB72 (resized).jpeg

#2369 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

"Funhouse_Original" doesn't work for me. I don't hear the "checking sound" voice or whatever when the game boots. Then, when I try to change sound packs with volume 0, nothing happens at all, not the chime. Also, there is no sound whatsoever in Funhouse 1.0 when that pack is on the USB drive. I am installing it the same as all the rest, by putting the unzipped folder into "audio" folder on the USB drive.
Puzzling.
[quoted image]

You can have many separate unzipped folders in the audio folder.

I have 4 in mine.

Sometimes you have to reboot the game. Once I had to unplug the game and do a cold start.

Also, its possible to have a bad download and have to do it again.

Im not sure if the game stops you from having the original orchestration in the folder since its on the ROM?

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Puzzling.
[quoted image]

Delete the pinsound.config on the root of the USB

Your folder structure seems not right.

Shoud be
- USB drive
- AUDIO
- Soundpack 1, 2, 3
- single folders jingle, music, sfx, voice

#2371 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Delete the pinsound.config on the root of the USB
Your folder structure seems not right.
Shoud be
- USB drive
- AUDIO
- Soundpack 1, 2, 3
- single folders jingle, music, sfx, voice

Good call.

Yes all of those folders should be in their own folder, with a folder name that says what they are for.

Not just placed at the root of the audio folder.

Otherwise how could you put more than one?

#2372 1 year ago

Is there anymore planned updates for this or are they done?

#2373 1 year ago

More updates are coming.

They've said this a few times. Little tweaks I believe.

#2374 1 year ago

Hello, dear community.
I have a big problem.
Of course it was a classic stupid mistake and I could kick my ass!!!
I just wanted to quickly (with the flipper on) tighten a small (unimportant) screw on Rudy's head and caused a short circuit with the screwdriver.
I think the screwdriver made contact between the screw on Rudy's head and the metal plate on the back of the 2.0 mystik mirror.
(See image)
There was a brief flash near the screwdriver and the sound made an unfortunate noise.
Nothing works now.
I suspect the problem is on the 2.0 CPU. Does anyone have an idea how I can proceed?
20230311_104723 (resized).jpg20230311_104723 (resized).jpg
20230311_105209 (resized).jpg20230311_105209 (resized).jpg

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

Hello, dear community.
I have a big problem.
I just wanted to quickly (with the flipper on) tighten a small (unimportant) screw on Rudy's head and caused a short circuit with the screwdriver.
I think the screwdriver made contact between the screw on Rudy's head and the metal plate on the back of the 2.0 mystik mirror.
(See image)
There was a brief flash near the screwdriver and the sound made an unfortunate noise.
Nothing works now.
I suspect the problem is on the 2.0 CPU. Does anyone have an idea how I can proceed?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

sounds like you may have damaged the daughter (Raspberry Pi) on the pinsound XL board. From the video it looks like the back box display is not powering up? You would want to hook up a HDMI source to the screens (game system, DVD player, etc. Something with a HDMI output) just to make sure the screens work. If you get video, then you know the screens are good. But it's possible the big screen has a bad power supply, that you can check with a volt meter. The supply will have the voltages it outputs printed on it.

And of course check all your fuses. You can also check the voltages going to the pinsound xl card, just to make sure they are good.

If all that checks out, I would suspect it's the Pi that is blown. I would open a ticket with your distributor or Pedretti.

#2376 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

Hello, dear community.
I have a big problem.
(See image)
Nothing works now.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Check all fuses with a meter before doing anything drastic.

Ground shorts usually blow fuses, thats what they are there for.

#2377 1 year ago

I wouldn't think that either that mirror back plate, nor Rudy's head bracket, should be 'hot.' Where did the shorted voltage come from? That would be the first thing I'd want to figure out.

#2378 1 year ago

ok, thank you very much. It will take a few days for me to check everything.
The fuses are all fine.
Everything seems to be ok on the pdb.

Quoted from metallik:

I wouldn't think that either that mirror back plate, nor Rudy's head bracket, should be 'hot.' Where did the shorted voltage come from? That would be the first thing I'd want to figure out.

It seemed to me that it must have been the metal plate on the mygic mirror.
What else could I have touched with the screwdriver? Maybe a cable at the light barrier on the ramp?

#2379 1 year ago

I can hold the start button to reset 1.0 to the main menu. If I do the same thing in 2.0 it will reset but it always starts a game and kicks out a ball first. I assume the start button is not wired quite right. Can someone whose game is working properly send me some photos of their start button or a description. Thanks.

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

sounds like you may have damaged the daughter (Raspberry Pi) on the pinsound XL board. From the video it looks like the back box display is not powering up? You would want to hook up a HDMI source to the screens (game system, DVD player, etc. Something with a HDMI output) just to make sure the screens work. If you get video, then you know the screens are good. But it's possible the big screen has a bad power supply, that you can check with a volt meter. The supply will have the voltages it outputs printed on it.
And of course check all your fuses. You can also check the voltages going to the pinsound xl card, just to make sure they are good.
If all that checks out, I would suspect it's the Pi that is blown. I would open a ticket with your distributor or Pedretti.

A signal arrives on the small Pla field-display when I connect an external HDMI source (laptop).
The large display remains black. No reaction.
I think you are right about the back Box display.
A friend of mine is better in electronics than me, he will visit me this week and we will check out the voltages together. I'm affraid I do more harm if I try tjis allone
And sure I will open a ticket to pedretti the next days.

Quoted from metallik:

Yes, I'm still confused as to how the short circuit happened. There's no current flowing through the metal plate on the playfield display and the Rudy screw, is there?
Has anyone an Idea?

I can't measure current on the playfield because the pinball isn't turning on at the moment.

#2381 1 year ago

20230316_180812 (resized).jpg20230316_180812 (resized).jpg20230316_180721 (resized).jpg20230316_180721 (resized).jpg20230316_174716 (resized).jpg20230316_174716 (resized).jpg20230316_174655 (resized).jpg20230316_174655 (resized).jpgI found out that the screw or the metal frame of rudy's head has a voltage of about 70 volts!
Explains the flash when I came into contact with the metal plate of the display.
I don't know where the voltage is coming from.

Display remains black but 12V. arrives.

on the PDB is one led not active (led3). sombody know what that means?

20230316_173841 (resized).jpg20230316_173841 (resized).jpg

#2382 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]I found out that the screw or the metal frame of rudy's head has a voltage of about 70 volts!
Explains the flash when I came into contact with the metal plate of the display.
[quoted image]

Sounds like you have a coil lead touching the frame or possibly missing the fish paper?

I would pull it out and inspect it.

Having voltage in the frame is not good.

#2383 1 year ago

Having voltage in the frame is not good.

definitely not, as I found out

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]I found out that the screw or the metal frame of rudy's head has a voltage of about 70 volts!
[quoted image]

LED#3 is the hi/low voltage sensor, it's supposed to be off, if it's on you have a problem.
I guessed you had voltage on Rudys head, figure that one out before doing anything else.

#2385 1 year ago

Thanks for the Info about led3

Quoted from chillme:

I guessed you had voltage on Rudys head, figure that one out before doing anything else.

Yes, thats definitly my Plan.

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

Thanks for the Info about led3

Yes, thats definitly my Plan.

My first thoughts are that the coil that spits the ball out of Rudy’s mouth is shorted to his head frame

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

short update:
I fixed the voltage-problem on the metal frame of Rudy's head.
The previous owner or "pre- previous" owner (?) had not reinstalled the isolating cardboard-strip when replacing one of the eyeball coils.
Screenshot_20230319_045345_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230319_045345_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230319_045405_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230319_045405_Gallery (resized).jpg
This error has apparently existed for a long time and only through my mishap has it now been noticed.
Ok, the reason for the electric shock is clarified, this problem is solved.
I installed a new cardboard-strip and measured everything.
There is now no more voltage on the metal frame.
Screenshot_20230319_045519_Photo Editor (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230319_045519_Photo Editor (resized).jpg
Now "only" the errors on the new components have to be found and corrected.
but I'm getting great Support from pedretti and pinsound so I'm hopefull

#2389 1 year ago

Hi
Iv just installed the new Pedretti topper but I have nothing working on it and iv installed as the
instructions say. Could I be running on an older code ??? Please could someone advise how I can check.
Many thanks

#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi
Iv just installed the new Pedretti topper but I have nothing working on it and iv installed as the
instructions say. Could I be running on an older code ??? Please could someone advise how I can check.
Many thanks

You should see the code version when it boots up. https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/ Has the latest code and there are instructions there as well.

#2391 1 year ago

Where the heck is the game code to replace the file on the USB drive. So Fn frustrating to find that on the internet.

It shouldn't be this hard to locate

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from MC35:

Where the heck is the game code to replace the file on the USB drive. So Fn frustrating to find that on the internet.
It shouldn't be this hard to locate

The links are in the directions on how to update https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/

This is the link for the file https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdpuwochu031xxn/sdcard10.zip?dl=0 to reimage the SD card, depending on what version you are on now.

The link of the new code is https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5qwme3rjte0lob/pinball-fh2-099_2.code?dl=0

Best to download the instructions and follow them to update your game.

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

You should see the code version when it boots up. https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/ Has the latest code and there are instructions there as well.

Great Thankyou I will have a go, would the topper not operate if it’s on an older code. ??

#2394 1 year ago

Yes latest code was for the topper

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

short update:
I fixed the voltage-problem on the metal frame of Rudy's head.
The previous owner or "pre- previous" owner (?) had not reinstalled the isolating cardboard-strip when replacing one of the eyeball coils.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This error has apparently existed for a long time and only through my mishap has it now been noticed.
Ok, the reason for the electric shock is clarified, this problem is solved.
I installed a new cardboard-strip and measured everything.
There is now no more voltage on the metal frame.
[quoted image]
Now "only" the errors on the new components have to be found and corrected.
but I'm getting great Support from pedretti and pinsound so I'm hopefull

Missing the fish paper insulators, as I expected.

#2396 1 year ago

Missing the fish paper insulators, as I expected.

correct, as you said!
thanks for the hint!

#2397 1 year ago

What is the best address or contact point for sending Pedretti bug reports?

There is a bad exploit in the current version: Start Monkeez, and then just constantly short-plunge to the pops. Do not flip, let everything drain and re-plunge to the pops as soon as the drained balls are served. The pop action and draining seems to pause the ballsave timer; you can do this for well over a minute. I have a 70M GC built mostly from stacking Monkeez and Balloon and then doing this.

You can also cheeze Clones by draining and re-plunging around the top for free shots at the jackpot. The ballsave doesn't last as long but you'll still easily get 7-10 cracks at Rudy before it goes out.

Aside from correcting the timer pausing issue, the easiest fix for all these shenanigans is a new adjustment: MAXIMUM BALLSAVES PER MULTIBALL. Allowing us to set this to 1 or 2 would block the exploits. Also let is adjust the multiball ballsave timer, including setting it off.

Thanks for any attention you can give this!

#2398 1 year ago

Well this sucks!!! My pinsound board is fried. I'm not sure which one to order. Any assistance is appreciated

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from MC35:

Well this sucks!!! My pinsound board is fried. I'm not sure which one to order. Any assistance is appreciated

I had a feeling that would be the problem. You need the Pinsound XL version. Not sure if Pinsound will sell direct or if they have repair services. Might want to open a ticket with them.

https://www.pinsound.org/products/pinsound-xl/

I would almost wonder if you just have a blown compute board (that's the daughter card with the HDMI ports).

#2400 1 year ago

Few other balancing fixes:

- The 10M super JPs for Clones and Nightmare overpower all other mode scoring. I know 10M is a nice round number but these should probably be 5M tops.

- The mirror award "Open Trap Door" is very underwhelming as-is. Perhaps change it so that it opens the trap door for 3X the current value, making it a bit more worthwhile. There is also a bug where the door, if uncollected, will stay open for the next player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/48?hl=joshwiseman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.