right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 61.
#2251 1 year ago

Please help if you can.

I am running 99_1 currently. Is version 99_2 an upgrade for just the USB Thumb drive, or do I also update the micro SD card as well?

Thanks much, mk

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Please help if you can.
I am running 99_1 currently. Is version 99_2 an upgrade for just the USB Thumb drive, or do I also update the micro SD card as well?
Thanks much, mk

No.

If you have already done the most recent firmware/software updates together below, your SD card won't need updated in the near future:

https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Funhouse-SD-Card-update-instructions-2.pdf

If so, all you will need to do is download 99_2, format your USB drive (Fat32 / quick format), drag/drop 99_2 onto your USB drive, put it back into your Pinsound board and power on.

Please remember to push/release the program button on the Fast board (picture included in the above link), after the main code extraction once you see "System Update Fast" displayed to progress and finish the update.

If after you update you see that the update is complete / do not remove USB drive, and it stays there for more than 30-seconds, do a power cycle and you will be good to go.

#2253 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Please remember to push/release the program button on the Fast board (picture included in the above link), after the main code extraction once you see "System Update Fast" displayed to progress and finish the update.

If after you update you see that the update is complete / do not remove USB drive, and it stays there for more than 30-seconds, do a power cycle and you will be good to go.

Thanks so much, the update went just fine. I really think the kit is awesome! Many thanks for making it! -mk

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

27 1/8 is the correct size for translite glass, and the correct size to fit in the cabinet.
27 3/16 will be a slightly tight fit.
You might have to sand the edge slightly to get it to the right size.

Yeah it's not even a tight fit. It won't go in. New translite fits just fine. For $2K wasn't really looking to dismantle the whole speaker panel and sand a 16th off of it

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Yeah it's not even a tight fit. It won't go in. New translite fits just fine. For $2K wasn't really looking to dismantle the whole speaker panel and sand a 16th off of it

Do you have another Bally Williams you could measure or try the fit in? Possible the head itself is a little small?

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

My new virtuapin cabinet measured 27 1/4" wide. This was exactly the same as my original cabinet.

This left about 1/16" on either side for the translite glass or CPR glass (which I installed on mine).

The edge trim filled the side gaps to almost an exact fit.

There are some variations and wood expansion in the cabinets.

If the cabinet measures out, the speaker panel at 27 3/16" would be correct.

You might just have a tight cabinet.

#2257 1 year ago

My new virtuapin cabinet measured 27 1/4" wide. This was exactly the same as my original cabinet.
This left about 1/16" on either side for the translite glass or CPR glass (which I installed on mine).
The edge trim filled the side gaps to almost an exact fit.
There are some variations and wood expansion in the cabinets.
If the cabinet measures out, the speaker panel at 27 3/16" would be correct.
You might just have a tight cabinet.

Thanks. If anyone gets a second and could measure theirs I would appreciate it. Just curious if mine is a little wider.

#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks. If anyone gets a second and could measure theirs I would appreciate it. Just curious if mine is a little wider.

Just measured mine and the speaker panel is just a tad under 27 3/16", it's a tight fit in my cabinet.

screenshot_1308 (resized).pngscreenshot_1308 (resized).png
#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Just measured mine and the speaker panel is just a tad under 27 3/16", it's a tight fit in my cabinet. [quoted image]

Thanks. Mine is a solid 27 3/16”.

#2260 1 year ago

What is contained on the 99.2 update? I didn't see anything about it.

#2261 1 year ago

Is there a readme doc for what was changed from .88 to .99? Thanks.

#2262 1 year ago

Just joined the club again for the 3rd time in 15 yrs, it is getting a very high end restore from Hotrodded pins here in Oz, was thinking,,ive never seen a Gold FH ? im going to wait for a few more updates and see if the code gets alot better with sounds / music & especially Rudy's eye movements before i buy. Following.

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Just joined the club again for the 3rd time in 15 yrs, it is getting a very high end restore from Hotrodded pins here in Oz, was thinking,,ive never seen a Gold FH ? im going to wait for a few more updates and see if the code gets alot better with sounds / music & especially Rudy's eye movements before i buy. Following.

I dunno... Rudy's currently twitchy eyes remind me of a tweaker. He's obviously on something...

Not a deal breaker!

#2264 1 year ago

Considering ordering this kit. I have been vaguely aware of it but haven’t read a lot. It seems with code updates it is maturing now. I am wondering if folks would like to share their quick impressions of how they like it. Price/value, fun factor, longevity, how much depth it adds? Availability? I see it’s for pre order only at tthe moment.

As for me I have owned Funhouse for 22 years (!). Love it but it has grown stale after so long. Debating selling vs giving Rudy a glow-up and enjoying him a while longer.

Thoughts appreciated.

Jack

#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Considering ordering this kit. I have been vaguely aware of it but haven’t read a lot. It seems with code updates it is maturing now. I am wondering if folks would like to share their quick impressions of how they like it. Price/value, fun factor, longevity, how much depth it adds? Availability? I see it’s for pre order only at tthe moment.
As for me I have owned Funhouse for 22 years (!). Love it but it has grown stale after so long. Debating selling vs giving Rudy a glow-up and enjoying him a while longer.
Thoughts appreciated.
Jack

Its worth updating the game and modernizing it.

The code has a way to go and Im certain that there are more things being added/fixed coming up.

These things take time.

Personally I like the way that the version 2 adds more depth to a somewhat repettitve game with a shallow rule set.

Code is what makes a game great.

#2266 1 year ago

speaking of code...been a while since an update....any update anyone on the nest drop?

#2267 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

speaking of code...been a while since an update....any update anyone on the nest drop?

99.2 was released on 1/5 but no one seems to know what changed.

#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from loneranger:

99.2 was released on 1/5 but no one seems to know what changed.

Thanks I think I missed that release...

#2269 1 year ago

99_1 to 99_2 is for the Topper code, some minor changes mostly small bug fixes (animation/sound) came along with it.
One improvement:
- loop timings for loop jackpot were extended

99_3 changes (soon, not yet released):
- wait for balls to arrive ball trough before game start. E.g. 2 balls in lock and manual game reset: flippers will be dead, lock disc will release both balls, balls are arriving in trough, new ball is kicked into shooter lane for next game. That way a multiball on startup exploid is removed

Find latest updates here:
https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/

SmartSelect_20230123-202210_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230123-202210_Chrome (resized).jpg

#2270 1 year ago

That's why my topper isn't lighting up...

#2271 1 year ago

Was the audio for original Funhouse fixed in the updates? It is so bad it is not worth playing at this time (haven't updated yet).

#2272 1 year ago

Digging the new topper. It's solid and very bright. I used to play with just a little room light on above the machine, but no need to now with the topper.

#2273 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Was the audio for original Funhouse fixed in the updates? It is so bad it is not worth playing at this time (haven't updated yet).

I wouldn't say it's unplayable but it certainly could do with improving.

I contacted them and they said to contact Pinsound, as Pinsound did the original sampling.

I contacted Pinsound and, apart from the auto acknowledgment, I never received a response from them.

Roger

#2274 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

Digging the new topper. It's solid and very bright. I used to play with just a little room light on above the machine, but no need to now with the topper.

Does it cause glare on the pf
Glass?

#2275 1 year ago

My game is up and running great. Sound is like 10 times better and it wasn't bad to begin with. It does have a hardware update as the small display is now mounted on a medal bracket. Was a cheap price for color displays, new game to play and great sound.
If you are waiting jump onboard original game still is very playable. New game is great. Any new tweaks they make just make it a game to remember so more to come.
The service after the sale is fantastic! UVAJED was on top of my problem and never gave up until it was solved. Video calls and phone calls until the problem was solved. It took some time, but UVAJED was always on top of it. Never had such great service.

#2276 1 year ago
Quoted from rickeve:

as the small display is now mounted on a medal bracket.

How do I get one of these metal brackets?

I complained about that initially and my kit has the crappy plastic one....

#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

I wouldn't say it's unplayable but it certainly could do with improving.
I contacted them and they said to contact Pinsound, as Pinsound did the original sampling.
I contacted Pinsound and, apart from the auto acknowledgment, I never received a response from them.
Roger

And PinSound posted here, with the procedure for the regular pinsound card, I asked them how to do it on the XL. The sounds are in a PSP sound pack, the pinsound editing app can read the pack and sounds, but you cannot write a new sound pack out. XL card will not processes the individual files.

I would think their silence is that they do not want to help us. I even have a custom sound set I was using on my pinsound card in funhouse that I can't use anymore.

#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

PinSound The Funhouse 2.0 is based on the pinsound XL board. It seems to be different then the other pinsound cards (I have one in my TZ).
There is no audio directory on the flash drive. It's two psppack files, one for 2.0 and one for 1.0 funhouse.
Do you create an audio folder then put the files in that folder and will the card then read the original audio plus the new audio? I've tried different variations of this and could never get the pinsound xl card to pickup the new audio. The drag file would never list the additional audio files. Only the present pspack files.
Pinsound Studio pro can read the psppack but it will not write the files into that storage format. Is there a utility to do that?
[quoted image]

bumping my post, PinSound it would be really nice to get an answer how to update the sounds files on the XL card.

Thanks!!

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Does it cause glare on the pf
Glass?

There is a slight glare, but nothing crazy imo..

#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks. Mine is a solid 27 3/16”.

I trimmed down the wood panel. Any suggestions on how to trim 1/16th off the plastic panel with the artwork?

Thanks

#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I trimmed down the wood panel. Any suggestions on how to trim 1/16th off the plastic panel with the artwork?
Thanks

Tape off the artwork.

Place the edge near the edge of the worktable with about 1/8" sticking out, tape the edge about 1/16" back. Cover/mask all but the edge with something to protect both sides ( towels, clean rags, heavy paper etc).

Carefully sand it down with a sanding block, preferably one out of wood with sand paper glued onto it.

Go with down strokes not up.

You dont have to remove very much material. 220 to 240 grit should do it.

Clean the edge with 320 grit.

#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

bumping my post, PinSound it would be really nice to get an answer how to update the sounds files on the XL card.
Thanks!!

They told me that something was as “coming soon” in regards to the psp files

#2283 1 year ago

I really want the metal bracket for the mirror!

How do I get one?

#2284 1 year ago

How do I get one of these metal brackets?
I complained about that initially and my kit has the crappy plastic one....</blockq

I really want the metal bracket for the mirror!
How do I get one?

Well, I would fill out a ticket for my broken one. If not broken send an email to them. My game took almost a year to ship so that may be why it came with the bracket. i also thought it should have one and voiced it in the thread.

#2285 1 year ago

Has anyone heard any availability info about the topper from the 2 US distributors cointaker or planetary?

#2286 1 year ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Has anyone heard any availability info about the topper from the 2 US distributors cointaker or planetary?

You probably know but Pedretti has them in stock. The shipping is through the roof though, ~$150

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

You probably know but Pedretti has them in stock. The shipping is through the roof though, ~$150

Yea I messaged them the day they were announced but then saw them say cointaker and planetary will have them so I’ve been waiting. Planetary told me to just keep checking their site and cointaker hasn’t messaged me back lol.

#2288 1 year ago

Next time, check Nitro. My 2.0 and topper came way faster than if I ordered from cointaker...

#2289 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

Next time, check Nitro. My 2.0 and topper came way faster than if I ordered from cointaker...

Nitro is sold out

#2291 1 year ago

Today I moved Rudy from his comfortable home to the shop area to prepare him for his Nightmare. He seems quite nervous about things and is eyeing the tools suspiciously. I figured I should do a bit of a shop job so that he is fully refreshed to face his Nightmare. It’s a player’s condition and am not doing anything crazy like a pf swap but I will do all I can within reason. If there is interest I can send a few updates a long the way as I prepare him and ready the Nightmare.

BA703829-5AEB-4EBD-B865-55ED12C0208F (resized).jpegBA703829-5AEB-4EBD-B865-55ED12C0208F (resized).jpegD5C61DC9-F874-4F2D-A557-BFC4ECB4028E (resized).jpegD5C61DC9-F874-4F2D-A557-BFC4ECB4028E (resized).jpeg
#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Just listed a few more

I made a deposit but haven’t heard back ?

#2293 1 year ago

They just asked for my payment and sent mine last week Mando. Will be here next week.

#2294 1 year ago

For those of us who want funhouse 2.0 to have Ed Boon's voice.

Possibly run the existing thru an AI based mimicry software?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/new-ai-tech-can-mimic-any-voice/

Im very interested in this.

#2295 1 year ago

I’d rather have Ed Boon’s simulated voice than a topper. Sign me up.

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I’d rather have Ed Boon’s simulated voice than a topper. Sign me up.

Im looking into it.

When I get my FH 2.0 installed, its the first thing Im going to do, if I have the time.

It will be a fun project.

Im hoping others will take the lead on this though.

When there is a TAF 2.0 we could do Raul Julia or even John Astin!

Tons of fun new things to do with this software.

#2297 1 year ago

Im looking into it.
When I get my FH 2.0 installed, its the first thing Im going to do, if I have the time.
It will be a fun project.
Im hoping others will take the lead on this though.
When there is a TAF 2.0 we could do Raul Julia or even John Astin!
Tons of fun new things to do with this software.

but how do you get it into the game? I though we couldn't add specific sounds...like a normal pinsound card can do...or did I get that wrong?

#2298 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

but how do you get it into the game? I though we couldn't add specific sounds...like a normal pinsound card can do...or did I get that wrong?

You can certainly trade them out.

***Edit: Im completely wrong on this.... Its proprietary.

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

correct, the sound files are in a .psp file that you can extract the audio with pinsound studio but you cannot replace/create a new psp file.

#2300 1 year ago

You can certainly trade them out.

Nope, you can’t due the file package. pinsound needs to provide a tool to do this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/46?hl=joshwiseman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.