ff6 (resized).JPG
sub plug (resized).JPG
20220920_154138 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
3F15AFC1-5EC4-4D4A-94B8-9BE5500E2016 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_2809 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 42.
#2001 10 days ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Please help if you can. How do you have your factory sub-woofer wired to the Pin Sound board? I'm not sure what connector plugs into the 4 pin male connector. Thanks, mk

I just made my own cable to wire the cabinet speaker, and I actually replaced the original cabinet speaker with a Flipper Fidelity FF6.

You will need a 4 pin molex to plug into the female speaker connector from your Rudy's Nightmare kit, and 2 connectors to go to your speaker.

When you removed the original score panel for funhouse, chances are you had to cut the black/yellow and black wire (or remove the wire nuts) that were connecting the original speakers (including the cabinet speaker) to the original sound board. I found it easier (see picture) to just make a new connector that will connect to the new Rudy's nightmare sound harness. The old sound harness has no continuity after you remove the original funhouse scoreboard. The new flipper fidelity speaker sounds GREAT and was priced awesome at just $24.95.

20220920_154138 (resized).jpgsub plug (resized).JPGff6 (resized).JPG
#2002 10 days ago

Hello

Is there a way to make this game come up automatically in just the 2.0 software? It is for an operator
So we only want 2.0 to come up. So if there is a power down, then it will always come up in version 2.0.

Please help?

#2003 10 days ago

How do you properly set up the price for v2.0? If I turn off free play it seems to give 1 credit with coin and then the second coin gives 2 more credits. I only want 1 credit per coin every time. Will be installing a card reader on it.

Thanks.

#2004 10 days ago
Quoted from Jszekeres:

Hello
Is there a way to make this game come up automatically in just the 2.0 software? It is for an operator
So we only want 2.0 to come up. So if there is a power down, then it will always come up in version 2.0.
Please help?

Not yet, it's been promised in a future update.

#2005 10 days ago

and the other problem with operating it in V2 is if someone hangs on the start button for 5 seconds, and switches it to V1 funhouse. So yea not only the option to boot up in V2 funhouse, but also stay there!

#2006 10 days ago

Happy Friday everyone!!

Speaking of future updates...please get your Micro SD Card adapters ready, because within the next couple of days a huge update WILL be released and this is zero hype here!! We will all be pulling out our Micro SD Cards from our Pinsound boards, installing a brand new image file to the game (which includes new firmware) and updating to a new software code all at once.

There has been a ton of work that went into this jam packed update, with a lot of testing, to get it just right and include as much as possible of all of your feedback. So, thank you all SINCERELY for your feedback, patience, and we all appreciate it very very much.

Here are some of the main features:

- Physical ball locks implemented
- 3x & 4x combos added
- Adjustable Gangway difficulties
- Extra Ball options
- Adjustment to boot straight into 2.0 mode
- Jets/Pops rotate the mode on the playfield display (homage to 1.0)
- Faster booting OS
- Faster game loading
- Version information included in the main page of the service
- Tilt warning can be adjusted up to +5

- Maybe a Super Skill Shot?
- Maybe some more Easter Eggs?
- ???

At this moment I can honestly say that the update is complete, is awesome, and will be released as soon as we're done creating accurate and simple instructions that make life simple for everyone. ETA = less than a few days.

Stay tuned to a Nightmare near you!!

#2007 9 days ago

This is some really exciting news. Can't wait!

Quoted from UVAJED:

Happy Friday everyone!!
Speaking of future updates...please get your Micro SD Card adapters ready, because within the next couple of days a huge update WILL be released and this is zero hype here!! We will all be pulling out our Micro SD Cards from our Pinsound boards, installing a brand new image file to the game (which includes new firmware) and updating to a new software code all at once.
There has been a ton of work that went into this jam packed update, with a lot of testing, to get it just right and include as much as possible of all of your feedback. So, thank you all SINCERELY for your feedback, patience, and we all appreciate it very very much.
Here are some of the main features:
- Physical ball locks implemented
- 3x & 4x combos added
- Adjustable Gangway difficulties
- Extra Ball options
- Adjustment to boot straight into 2.0 mode
- Jets/Pops rotate the mode on the playfield display (homage to 1.0)
- Faster booting OS
- Faster game loading
- Version information included in the main page of the service
- Tilt warning can be adjusted up to +5
- Maybe a Super Skill Shot?
- Maybe some more Easter Eggs?
- ???
At this moment I can honestly say that the update is complete, is awesome, and will be released as soon as we're done creating accurate and simple instructions that make life simple for everyone. ETA = less than a few days.
Stay tuned to a Nightmare near you!!

#2008 9 days ago

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!! This is indeed very exciting. Thank you for the update and all the hard work that has undoubtedly gone in to the past few months.

#2009 9 days ago

UVAJED micro SD not a usb stick like before?

#2010 8 days ago
Quoted from Jeepsz:

UVAJED micro SD not a usb stick like before?

The Pinsound has a Micro SD card on the right/rear of the daughter board (it's a hidden little gem). Don't worry about the location/how to remove it, until the easy peasy instructions are uploaded within the next 2 days. So, we will need a Micro SD card adapter for it to update the new game image file onto it.

We will still, and also, be using the USB thumb drive to update the game code.

2 updates this time:

1. Micro SD card (new game image file)
2. USB thumb drive (new software code version)

#2011 8 days ago

If you don’t have micro as adapter
This is all you need from Amazon?
amazon.com link »

#2012 8 days ago

Hi Guys:

Is there any way future updates could be programmed to improve Rudy's voice clarity. when playing original Funhouse? He sounds so much better on 2.0!

I don't know how this stuff works, so no flames, please!!

#2013 8 days ago

Also please make sure in Funhouse 2.0 that the slingshots and pop bumpers are not active in attract mode. Because that needs to be fixed.

Also, even worse, slingshots and pop pumpers are active when the game is tilted. There is no question that that needs to be fixed

#2014 8 days ago
Quoted from Jszekeres:

ow do you properly set up the price for v2.0? If I turn off free play it seems to give 1 credit with coin and then the second coin gives 2 more credits. I only want 1 credit per coin every time. Will be installing a card reader on it.

This always ends up being an issue with brand new coding.... everyone likes coding modes and gameplay. No one likes coding: Coin handling, audits, and adjustments. Or other backend stuff.

I don't touch that stuff anymore on the classic stern mods, too many people are operating games now, and they want it to work like the original.

#2015 8 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

If you don’t have micro as adapter
This is all you need from Amazon?
amazon.com link »

That's fine if you have a SD card reader. If don't already have a SD card reader, something like this would be better.

amazon.com link »

The daughter card is a Raspberry Pi, updating the microSD card is going to update it's OS image (boot disk).

#2016 7 days ago

Download link broken...update is coming later today..

#2017 7 days ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Download link broken...update is coming later today..

I just did the upgrade, all went well. Versions are what was in the doc (.99)

#2018 7 days ago
Quoted from chillme:

I just did the upgrade, all went well. Versions are what was in the doc (.99)

That's good to know. Thank you. We need to check something and will upload again shortly.

#2019 7 days ago

Where is the download link please post it again thank you

#2020 7 days ago
Quoted from cfh:

Where is the download link please post it again thank you

We just found something last second in the code that we are fixing for future updates. It will be uploaded again and ready to roll in about an hour or two, so if you already updated you will need to do it again. Sorry.

#2022 7 days ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Here is the link to your new updates:
https://we.tl/t-uIGSx1VWqQ

Awesome!! I shall give er a go and provide feedback, Thanks!

#2023 7 days ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

update the new game image file onto it.

We will still, and a

Thanks for the updates and instructions. Going to attempt the install now.

#2024 6 days ago

Your instructions are not clear.

I get how to make the SD card update work. But the USB thing is rather confusing. There is a USB stick currently in the pin sound card. It contains a bunch of files including what it looks like are sound and program files. I assume this original usb drive should *not* be reformatted fat32?

Instead did you mean to say take a different USB stick and format it fat 32?
Then copy the Funhouse99.code file into the root directories of this new usb stick?
Then remove the original USB stick and insert the new one?
Game should say it is updating. When update is complete, remove the new USB stick, and insert the original one??

Because when I do that now I just get “pinball login”, it looks like it’s waiting for keyboard input….

Or did you mean copy the new Funhouse99.code file to the original USB stick without any format??
Or did you mean format the original pin sound USB stick, which loses all the original files seen in the picture below, and then copy the Funhouse99.code file on this now naked drive?

i just don't want to format the original pinsound usb drive and loose all those file, if that is not what you mean...

998D12EB-08C9-4741-AA1F-3335DB59B276 (resized).jpeg

#2025 6 days ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Thanks for the updates and instructions. Going to attempt the install now.

It appears my installation is complete. The instructions say that my machine will reboot itself, but I've been on this screen for over 20 minutes. Do I manually reboot now?

20220926_213842 (resized).jpg
#2026 6 days ago
Quoted from cfh:

I get how to make the SD card update work. But the USB thing is rather confusing. There is a USB stick currently in the pin sound card. It contains a bunch of files including what it looks like are sound and program files. I assume this original usb drive should *not* be reformatted fat32?
Then copy the Funhouse99.code file into the root directories of this new usb stick?
Game should say it is updating. When update is complete, remove the new USB stick, and insert the original one??
Because when I do that now I just get “pinball login”, it looks like it’s waiting for keyboard input….
Or did you mean copy the new Funhouse99.code file to the original USB stick without any format??
Or did you mean format the original pin sound USB stick, which loses all the original files seen in the picture below, and then copy the Funhouse99.code file on this now naked drive?
i just don't want to format the original pinsound usb drive and loose all those file, if that is not what you mean...
[quoted image]

You format the USB flash drive, the files are the old version. Format it and put the .code file on the stick. Should be the only file. The system will unpack the file and create the directory and files you see now, but it will be the new code.

#2027 6 days ago
Quoted from mkdud:

It appears my installation is complete. The instructions say that my machine will reboot itself, but I've been on this screen for over 20 minutes. Do I manually reboot now?
[quoted image]

You need to power off then power the machine back on. You will then be running the new version.

#2028 6 days ago
Quoted from cfh:

[quoted image]

If you want to preserve the pinsound USB stick, either copy the entire contents to a folder on your computer, or use a seperate stick for this update.

I often use seperate sticks when adjusting my pinsound.

The pinsound will extract a zipped file all by itself.

So, basically you can put the zipped file onto a fresh USB stick and it will do the rest for orchestrations.

The SD card is a separate update, its likely to do that first.

#2029 6 days ago

Redid the upgrade, this time it hung on updating the FAST card. Pressing the program button on the FAST card moved it along and the upgrade completed.

Played a couple of games, looks good.

#2030 6 days ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I manually rebooted at that point. Everything worked out really smoothly. Game plays great. Haven't seen all the new features yet, but the game feels crisp and load times are improved (both with boot and ball drain). The popbumper mirror change is an excellent touch too.

Quoted from cfh:

There is a USB stick currently in the pin sound card. It contains a bunch of files including what it looks like are sound and program files. I assume this original usb drive should *not* be reformatted fat32?

chillme is correct - reformat that USB drive to fat32 then copy over the new .99 .code file.

#2031 6 days ago

OK great I did that and just formatted the original USB stick, losing all the prior version files. And you’re right the extraction process repopulates the USB drive. So it works great no worries thank you so much

#2032 6 days ago
Quoted from cfh:

[quoted image]

Pull the usb drive out of the Pinsound, quick Fat32 format it, and drop the .99 code file onto it; as mentioned in the instructions.

Once you power on the machine, all of those previous files that you saw on the usb drive will again be extracted into the correct folders etc on the usb drive, so no worries at all about losing anything. I/we have everything here to back all files up if you lose something. You can't brick Rudy < he refuses!!!

#2033 6 days ago
Quoted from mkdud:

[quoted image]

It should have progressed on it's own, but yes, as chillme mentioned; please power cycle.

#2034 6 days ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

It should have progressed on it's own, but yes, as chillme mentioned; please power cycle.

I powered off and on, everything seems to be working great. Thanks so much for the update!

#2035 6 days ago
Quoted from mkdud:

I powered off and on, everything seems to be working great. Thanks so much for the update!

That's great news and thank you for sharing.

I would like to say that if anyone has any issues at all with the update (or anything at all), please feel free to PM me with any questions whatsoever; and we will sort it out right away.

I once heard that "The stupidest question is the question not asked." and I still agree with that.

So, please let me know, and I/we are all here to help each other for more Rudy win-win "insanity" in the end.

#2036 6 days ago

time to play pinball !

#2037 6 days ago

I took my time and followed your direction,it took about 30 minutes double checking everything.
All works perfect !!!!
Thanks.
I didn’t care either way about the ball lock.
But playing with the new update,I guess I do like the physical ball lock better.Great update.

84933591-F428-4264-9A92-26FBCAA50CF5 (resized).jpeg8825F4C0-A74B-4184-B30C-BEA02C26795D (resized).jpegAD405AE0-5D8B-4CDB-A529-8AED16332CD1 (resized).jpegD2CD9352-5373-4333-A45F-8B9F1ECA371D (resized).jpeg
#2038 5 days ago

Install went great. Did have to manually restart. One future idea for all of us would be a micro SD card extender if this becomes a regular thing. I removed the pinsound board to get at card.

#2039 5 days ago

Just (almost) finished the installation.

Mine shows the Pedretti screen
Then goes to the version 99 screen
After about three seconds the Slam Tilt screen appears for a second
Then, back to the Pedretti screen - and repeat.

#2040 5 days ago

More information:

If I open the coin door the game will boot, but no lights and the flippers will not change to select a 2.0 game.

If I start a 1.0 game, I get no lights, no coils.

As soon as I close the coin door at any time, the game cycles Pedretti, 99 screen, slam tilt again.

#2041 5 days ago

Should have said slam tilts are not closed also

#2042 5 days ago

Ann Arbor Michigan VFW pinball show this weekend (October 1/2) where you can play *both* Funhouse1 and Funhouse2, sitting right next to each other!

fh1 (resized).jpg

#2043 5 days ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

More information:
If I open the coin door the game will boot, but no lights and the flippers will not change to select a 2.0 game.
If I start a 1.0 game, I get no lights, no coils.
As soon as I close the coin door at any time, the game cycles Pedretti, 99 screen, slam tilt again.

I just replicated this scenario exactly on my machine by holding the slam tilt closed. I would suggest to disconnect a wire to your slam tilt switch and see if the you have different results; as it definitely seems something with that circuit is closing/shorting.

#2044 4 days ago

Disconnected the slam tilt wires. Now it boots properly. But, at the main screen everything is still dark (no lights). The flipper will not option off of version 1. Hit start in version 1, the game begins, but no lights, no coils, so pretty much dead.

#2045 4 days ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Disconnected the slam tilt wires. Now it boots properly. But, at the main screen everything is still dark (no lights). The flipper will not option off of version 1. Hit start in version 1, the game begins, but no lights, no coils, so pretty much dead.

Everyone please chime in so we can get FrankJ up and running again if you have some input for him...?

FrankJ , you removed the slam tilt wires and had some progress. That's good news, but now there seems to an issue with the left flipper switch stuck and only letting you select 1.0; with the possibility of it or something else shorting out.

So, a couple of sincere questions come to mind to try to help you; because I don't feel that this is due to a software update:

1. When was the last time it was fully shopped out?
2. What's the humidity level of its specific location?
3. How often is it played?
4. Have you tried to unplug and reseat all of the connections between the 2.0 boards; and also the MPU yet?

Feel free to PM me and we can do a vid call together sometime to sort through it quicker if you'd like; as long as the above questions aren't possibly a factor first.

#2046 4 days ago

No, the left flipper switch is not stuck. Neither flipper will move the start screen from Funhouse to Funhouse 2.0.

The game was last shopped maybe two years ago. This is a low play game that has been in my collection for more than 25 years. I completely restored it about ten years ago. The playfield was last shopped when we moved here in April (light shop -wax, new balls).

Humidity - basic Wisconsin basement. It has a sump pump, and a dehumidifier in the workshop area on the other side of the basement. I have always kept a ceiling fan or fan moving air in the gameroom area to reduce the humidity and lessen the musty basement smell.

I would say in the summer I put 5-10 games a week on the machine. Too much to do outside to be confined to the basement.

Everything was reseated.

#2047 4 days ago
Quoted from UVAJED:Everyone please chime in so we can get FrankJ up and running again if you have some input for him...?

I'm sure this is frustrating. Wish I had some solid guidance off the bat, but this is a first for me. I'm following along and thinking it through on my end, but agree with the questions stated above being a good starting point.

.88 was working prior to the update to .99 correct? I don't want to make any assumptions in troubleshooting. I'd be curious to hear when the last massive shop date was too. I can't recall if you had posted with incorrect wiring with prior version updates or if that was another pinsider... As UVAJED noted - did you try making sure all cables and boards are still seated property? Also, when disconnecting your slam tilt do you desolder the wires from the switch? Just wondering how you went about that... Once again, I don't want to assume anything and would also like to see you back up and running.

#2048 4 days ago

More:
As stated before, the game boots with the slam switch wire disconnected. However, I closed to coin door and the machine went back to the slam reset situation I started with. So, the coin door interlock switch is also in play (and causing the game to register a slam switch activation).

I had some install problems at the beginning. It was due to the daughter board not being seated properly on the Pinsound board.

My ‘E’ target was wired properly, but when hit hard was shorting against the metal bracket causing the tilt and mode start to activate in 2.0 and it added a player on ball one on 1.0. A little insulation fixed that. While troubleshooting the situation in 1.0, I shorted the start switch which caused the game to not boot properly.

The game had been working flawlessly since (.88).

#2049 4 days ago

I'm wondering if it's something with the firmware on the FAST module since it handles the switch matrix. Maybe Aaron can chime in here fastpinball

One thing I would try, would be download the files again and do another install.

#2050 4 days ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

More:
As stated before, the game boots with the slam switch wire disconnected. However, I closed to coin door and the machine went back to the slam reset situation I started with. So, the coin door interlock switch is also in play (and causing the game to register a slam switch activation).
I had some install problems at the beginning. It was due to the daughter board not being seated properly on the Pinsound board.
My ‘E’ target was wired properly, but when hit hard was shorting against the metal bracket causing the tilt and mode start to activate in 2.0 and it added a player on ball one on 1.0. A little insulation fixed that. While troubleshooting the situation in 1.0, I shorted the start switch which caused the game to not boot properly.
The game had been working flawlessly since (.88).

If your switch matrix is missing, have you checked all of your fuses, your 12v, and do you have all 3 power lights present on the FAST board?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 133.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
There are 2,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!