right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 61.
#1901 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

this time it will have the real ball lock as most where waiting for

Can this be switched in a setting? I prefer setting the games to virtual ball locks for league and tourneys

My kit is supposed to arrive tomorrow

#1902 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Can this be switched in a setting? I prefer setting the games to virtual ball locks for league and tourneys
My kit is supposed to arrive tomorrow

Hello we will check all options for the future.

Great that you have it soon,hope you will enjoy the game!

#1903 1 year ago

Looking for help. I've had 2.0 installed for a few months now. Today I was met with no video or sound and a blue LED on the pinsound board (Engine Error).

Driver board is pushing out all correct voltages, reseated all connectors, pulled driver board to check for cold solder. Everything looks good.

Where do I go from here.

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from MC35:

Looking for help. I've had 2.0 installed for a few months now. Today I was met with no video or sound and a blue LED on the pinsound board (Engine Error).
Driver board is pushing out all correct voltages, reseated all connectors, pulled driver board to check for cold solder. Everything looks good.
Where do I go from here.

Double check the daughter card on the pinsound card and make sure it squared up on the card. The pins are real short and doesn't take much for them to wiggle out. I had the blue LED and this was my problem.

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Double check the daughter card on the pinsound card and make sure it squared up on the card. The pins are real short and doesn't take much for them to wiggle out. I had the blue LED and this was my problem.

Roger at Planetary recommended the same. I tried 3 times, no luck. The second time I did it, the pots stayed white a bit longer and I thought it was gonna work but it still turned blue.

#1906 1 year ago

woohoo! Delivered. Now to install tonight. How long is it taking people to do? It doesn't look complex but we all know if something looks easy, its not usually LOL

#1907 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

woohoo! Delivered. Now to install tonight. How long is it taking people to do? It doesn't look complex but we all know if something looks easy, its not usually LOL

I took my time and it was about a 45 minute install from what I remember. The art blades took another 30 minutes, but i did those months later. I'm sure times will vary based on your comfort level and necessary wiring/switch adjustments...

#1908 1 year ago

Took me 30 mins. It's really straight forward, but instructions are vague in areas. Make sure everything is seated properly and HDMI cords are in correct slots. Common mistake is to have them reversed...

#1909 1 year ago

Done and working. Hardest part was threading the HDMI and USB wires around. Plugging into the left side of the Fast board was a nightmare (I ended up taking it off to plug it in LOL). Other than that, pretty easy. Tomorrow I will tackle the side blades

FH2RN (resized).jpgFH2RN (resized).jpg

#1910 1 year ago

So have noticed in some of the timed sequences in the different modes where you have a set time to do whatever task youre trying to do, if the ball drains, you have to wait until the timer is at zero for the ball return to end that ball and spit out a new ball. Cant reember, but there were a couple of those when i began playing. Normal?

#1911 1 year ago

My playfield mirror initially worked but now it's only a black screen.

Have you guys experienced this? If so what's the fix?

#1912 1 year ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

So have noticed in some of the timed sequences in the different modes where you have a set time to do whatever task youre trying to do, if the ball drains, you have to wait until the timer is at zero for the ball return to end that ball and spit out a new ball. Cant reember, but there were a couple of those when i began playing. Normal?

This has been noted a few times on the forum and I believe the dev team is aware - the glitch appeared in the latest release. Hoping it's corrected in the upcoming update.

#1913 1 year ago

So, while I wait on my 2.0 kit and reading all the posts here, I haven't seen anyone ask about this situation: I added a WPC "No-Pop" board to my Funhouse to avoid the loud speaker pop on turn on/off that happened. (I was in an apartment at the time.) Will the PinSound board in the kit eliminate the need for this? Or will it create an issue if left in? Thanks for any thoughts!

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from NCBill:

So, while I wait on my 2.0 kit and reading all the posts here, I haven't seen anyone ask about this situation: I added a WPC "No-Pop" board to my Funhouse to avoid the loud speaker pop on turn on/off that happened. (I was in an apartment at the time.) Will the PinSound board in the kit eliminate the need for this? Or will it create an issue if left in? Thanks for any thoughts!

Yes, the pinsound board eliminates the capacitor pop. You can just leave the no-pop board out.

#1915 1 year ago

Many thanks, that's what I expected but its good to get confirmation!

#1916 1 year ago

Am i.missing something. There is no.setup for specials like extra balls etc. Correct?

#1917 1 year ago

Please help if you can. My recently installed kit won't boot, and never booted yet.

I just did my installation within the past couple days. I followed the instructions and video carefully. My game will not boot. I get a message on the screen "pinball logon:". I did reseat all the cables.

I made sure my Funhouse was working perfectly before the installation. I made sure all the switches registered properly, "E" switch properly wired & diode installed correctly, switches #35, #38, and #48 wired and registered correctly.

I was thinking of reseating the daughtercard on the pinsound board.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

I did open a ticket with Planetary but did not get a response yet.

Thanks, mk

20220831_022513 (resized).jpg20220831_022513 (resized).jpg20220831_022520 (resized).jpg20220831_022520 (resized).jpg
#1918 1 year ago

Does your status led light on the pin sound change colour as it attempts to boot?

#1919 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

Does your status led light on the pin sound change colour as it attempts to boot?

Yes, after I reseated the daughtercard on the pinsound board. Tried again, and after about a 45 second boot time.... Success!!

Helpful suggestions for installation:

Make sure the daughtercard is properly and fully seated into the Pinsound board before installing the board in the machine. Mine was not properly seated. ALSO, use care when plugging the power cable into the daughtercard (see picture). Plugging this cable in OR removing it can make the daughtercard loose from its sockets. Be sure to check that the daughtercard is all the way in after installing the power plug for the scoreboard monitor.

Make sure all your cables are properly installed, plugged in all the way, and are not under any strain.

My game takes about 40+ seconds to boot, I'm guessing this is normal. Nowhere does it say expected boot times in the instructions or the video.

This kit is fantastic! Congratulations and Thanks to all those who made Rudy's nightmare! -mk

power cable to display plug (resized).JPGpower cable to display plug (resized).JPG20220901_001918 (resized).jpg20220901_001918 (resized).jpg
#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Can this be

Hello all ! Hope everybody is enjoying funhouse 2.0! We will be releasing a new update soon , this time it will have the real ball lock as most where waiting for, and also some more tweaks and extra features !
Thank you all for your support, input and patience.
Greetings from team Pedretti_Gaming
If you have any questions you can always contact any of the team members direct
UVAJED stumblor WizzardRob AMSNL
Enjoy your day!

Not sure if “soon” means the same in the U.S. as the rest of the world. The update was promised 8 days ago after being promised “soon” 35-40 days ago.

I’m not interested I shipping, but if there is anyone close enough to Central Wisconsin that wants to pick it up, they can have mine for $2000. No waiting for those still in line.

#1921 1 year ago

My game is stuck in an infinite loop. See video here:

I believe all of the cables are properly connected. I have tried re-seating cables, and even installed a new ribbon cable between the MPU and power driver boards. When booting up, the light on the sound card goes from white, to blue, and then eventually to green. Look at 1:00 to see the system recycle. I didn't hook up the cable to the sub in the cabinet yet, but everything else is hooked up. BTW, I tried to submit a ticket to Pedretti, but it won't let me log in to the system to check on my ticket, even though I registered my email.

#1922 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

I believe all of the cables are properly connected. I have tried re-seating cables, and even installed a new ribbon cable between the MPU and power driver boards. When booting up, the light on the sound card goes from white, to blue, and then eventually to green. I didn't hook up the cable to the sub in the cabinet yet, but everything else is hooked up.

Was it working prior? I wonder if your Start button is wired backwards.... Seems the game is booting back to the main selection screen over and over again to me (as if you were to press and hold your start button for an extended amount of time.)

Not sure if that's truly your issue, but it's where I would start.

Good luck and report back with findings.

#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

I believe all of the cables are properly connected. I have tried re-seating cables, and even installed a new ribbon cable between the MPU and power driver boards. When booting up, the light on the sound card goes from white, to blue, and then eventually to green. Look at 1:00 to see the system recycle. I didn't hook up the cable to the sub in the cabinet yet, but everything else is hooked up. BTW, I tried to submit a ticket to Pedretti, but it won't let me log in to the system to check on my ticket, even though I registered my email.

Check the daughter card, you might need to reset it. The plastic stand offs holding the card on do not work all that well. It would be better off if they used screw stand off posts. The pings on the daughter card are really short, so it only needs to be slightly off for the Raspberry pi to not be able to interface to the rest of the system.

#1924 1 year ago

Please help if you can. How do you have your factory sub-woofer wired to the Pin Sound board? I'm not sure what connector plugs into the 4 pin male connector. Thanks, mk

sub plug (resized).JPGsub plug (resized).JPG
#1925 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

Please help if you can. How do you have your factory sub-woofer wired to the Pin Sound board? I'm not sure what connector plugs into the 4 pin male connector. Thanks, mk

There is a black wire and a black / yellow wire going to the subwoofer. I'm guessing each of these go to the 4 pin male plug coming off of the pinsound board. If so, which wire gets connected to which?

Do the caps have to be removed from the subwoofer?

20220901_231004 (resized).jpg20220901_231004 (resized).jpg20220901_231359 (resized).jpg20220901_231359 (resized).jpg
#1926 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

There is a black wire and a black / yellow wire going to the subwoofer. I'm guessing each of these go to the 4 pin male plug coming off of the pinsound board. If so, which wire gets connected to which?
Do the caps have to be removed from the subwoofer?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thats not a subwoofer. Its just a regular speaker thats in the cabinet.

Pinball-pro and Flipper fidelity have ok subwoofers. Flipper fidelity sells a cable to hook up the sub to pinsound.

#1927 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Hello!

We get your ticket and we replied (Shawn), if you have problem in registering your email or login to our service let us know.

Thanks!

#1928 1 year ago

Is there a trick to removing and reseating the daughter board on the sound card? Those plastic clips are holding tight and I don't want to break anything.

#1929 1 year ago

Is there any release notes on versions? I currently have 0.88 and will update if needed. I don't see where the updates can be downloaded or the release notes on what was added. I am enjoying the 2.0 so far but there's a lot missing still (including a ton of adjustments). I do like that it has virtual locks though I know it was changed recently

My one complaint is allowing a ball to sit in the shooter lane while players rack up points. Its a free trapped ball ... it should somehow shut off scoring after a few sec or at least bump it down 50%+ to entice a player to plunge

#1930 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Is there a trick to removing and reseating the daughter board on the sound card? Those plastic clips are holding tight and I don't want to break anything.

A pair of needle nose pilers can be used to squeeze the tip of the stand off, this will allow you to pull the card off working one at a time.

#1931 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Is there any release notes on versions? I currently have 0.88 and will update if needed. I don't see where the updates can be downloaded or the release notes on what was added. I am enjoying the 2.0 so far but there's a lot missing still (including a ton of adjustments). I do like that it has virtual locks though I know it was changed recently
My one complaint is allowing a ball to sit in the shooter lane while players rack up points. Its a free trapped ball ... it should somehow shut off scoring after a few sec or at least bump it down 50%+ to entice a player to plunge

Looks like your are going to be super happy when the next game code is going to be release.

#nomorevirtuallock

#1932 1 year ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Looks like your are going to be super happy when the next game code is going to be release.
#nomorevirtuallock

Boooooo

#1933 1 year ago

Hopefully we will have some game adjustments for extra balls etc. I didnt find any specific game adjustments

#1934 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Was it working prior? I wonder if your Start button is wired backwards.... Seems the game is booting back to the main selection screen over and over again to me (as if you were to press and hold your start button for an extended amount of time.)
Not sure if that's truly your issue, but it's where I would start.
Good luck and report back with findings.

Thanks for your reply. This is the first install, into a fully working, awesome FH.
Regarding the start button, I have attached a pic, is there any obvious visual way to see if it is backwards?

IMG_3528 (resized).jpegIMG_3528 (resized).jpeg
#1935 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Thanks for your reply. This is the first install, into a fully working, awesome FH.
Regarding the start button, I have attached a pic, is there any obvious visual way to see if it is backwards?

There have been others that posted on this forum with the start button being wired awkwardly in the past (from the factory even) - Apparently, the original funhouse would work 100% even with bizarre wiring combinations. My assumption is that your button is always active and thus triggering the game "long press reboot to selection screen." I have a different switch in my cabinet, but you can always use a multimeter to validate if the switch is open or closed. Here's a pick of my set up - showing the button normally open - you can see the differences in wire locations and prongs. Like I mentioned earlier, a multimeter would tell you for sure, but swapping your wires could possibly fix 'er up too. Perhaps someone on this thread that witnessed the miswiring on their machine will chime in too...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1936 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Regarding the start button, I have attached a pic, is there any obvious visual way to see if it is backwards?[quoted image]

Definitely take Zukidog advice here for the long-haul.

In the meantime, you could also try to disconnect the start button wires/plugs, put them aside safely (electrical tape / etc) and see if you still have the same reboot and/or other issues.

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

...try to disconnect the start button wires/plugs....and see if you still have the same reboot and/or other issues.

I disconnected the green and white wires and powered up and it appears to have booted properly. I couldn't actually start a game yet, since the start button was disconnected. So can I just reverse the green and white wire, and plug them back in to the start switch and go? I am not familiar with the start switch wiring. Thank you all so much for your help. EDIT: Ok, I looked up the wiring on the switch. The red and yellow are the bulb and the green and white are the switch.

#1938 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

I disconnected the green and white wires and powered up and it appears to have booted properly. I couldn't actually start a game yet, since the start button was disconnected. So can I just reverse the green and white wire, and plug them back in to the start switch and go? I am not familiar with the start switch wiring. Thank you all so much for your help. EDIT: Ok, I looked up the wiring on the switch. The red and yellow are the bulb and the green and white are the switch.

I'd be willing to be you could just move match the way the wiring is on my photo. swap the green and white - and also move the lower wire to the neighboring prong as also shown in my photo. Glad the machine booted for you. Enjoy playing your first round of 2.0!

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Easy peasy!

#1940 1 year ago

So I tried various things, based on the recommendations and here are a few tips you have probably heard before:
1. Check the connection (the two red wires) at the transformer to make sure that you are getting adequate power to the power driver board.
My 5V was low until I reseated the connectors, but reseating it addressed the issue.
2. Check tip 2 on the power driver board to make sure you have 5v.
3. Check your start button to make sure it is wired properly.
4. Be sure to fully seat the daughter board on the sound card. I had to remove the plastic stand offs to get adequate contact.
Thanks again for all of the help.

#1941 1 year ago

is there a way to make FH2 boot directly into FH2 (opposed to having a choice of original FH or FH2)? thanks!

1 week later
#1942 1 year ago

So I went to turn on my Funhouse 2.0 today and I got an error to check fuse 115. Checked it and the fuse Is good. Even replaced it just in case and it’s still gives the error. Is this a software reinstall .88 problem or an actual physical issue?

Also I just realized I have one of the earlier kits with the short HDMI wire where you can’t pull the playfield up with out unplugging the wire. Luckily I noticed before breaking anything but are they switching these wires out for the longer ones?
Thanks

EDIT just did the update Again and it still comes up. I can’t even get into a test menu to try anything

#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

So I went to turn on my Funhouse 2.0 today and I got an error to check fuse 115. Checked it and the fuse Is good. Even replaced it just in case and it’s still gives the error. Is this a software reinstall .88 problem or an actual physical issue?
Also I just realized I have one of the earlier kits with the short HDMI wire where you can’t pull the playfield up with out unplugging the wire. Luckily I noticed before breaking anything but are they switching these wires out for the longer ones?
Thanks
EDIT just did the update Again and it still comes up. I can’t even get into a test menu to try anything

That is typically a power issue from the power driver board. Check the connectors - J114. I had the F115 error on my twilight zone and BR1 was bad, which seems to be common. The pinwiki is a good place to start.

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_WPC#Check_fuses_F114_and_F115_message

#1944 1 year ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Thanks

Reseat the ribbon cables.

Make sure they are firmly pressed on and not off by a pin.

You also get that error if the display ribbon cable ir not on the display connector or loose.

#1945 1 year ago

New problem today when I turned it on:
Game boots, but takes longer than usual, it immediately selects the original version, the magic mirror lights normally, the main screen goes to the testing screen, then all lights go out, it reboots to the Pedretti screen and repeats the cycle (over and over). Any ideas?

#1946 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

That is typically a power issue from the power driver board. Check the connectors - J114. I had the F115 error on my twilight zone and BR1 was bad, which seems to be common. The pinwiki is a good place to start.
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_WPC#Check_fuses_F114_and_F115_message

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Reseat the ribbon cables.
Make sure they are firmly pressed on and not off by a pin.
You also get that error if the display ribbon cable ir not on the display connector or loose.

Appreciate the help guys. Though 115 wasn’t blown 114 was and It does seem B1 is bad after doing some test. So other than the short length wire my kit is still fine.

#1947 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

New problem today when I turned it on:
Game boots, but takes longer than usual, it immediately selects the original version, the magic mirror lights normally, the main screen goes to the testing screen, then all lights go out, it reboots to the Pedretti screen and repeats the cycle (over and over). Any ideas?

It seems like your start button might be faulty and it is doing the hard 5-second reset. Take a pic of your start button wiring, disconnect it, and power up to see if it boots normally to the selection screen.

#1948 1 year ago

Again is there any way to force the software to select v2 at boot-up, instead of the initial selection screen? did not see anything in the (limited) options to allow for this.

#1949 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

Again is there any way to force the software to select v2 at boot-up, instead of the initial selection screen? did not see anything in the (limited) options to allow for this.

Not at the moment but we will make it an option in the menu on future updates.

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

It seems like your start button might be faulty and it is doing the hard 5-second reset. Take a pic of your start button wiring, disconnect it, and power up to see if it boots normally to the selection screen.

That was it! Thanks. Weird that it started happening with no other action, just turning the game on. It played fine last time… got to love pinball gremlins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.