right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 61.
#1851 1 year ago

Just installed my upgrade kit last night. It went pretty smoothly but I did find a number of things missing/incorrect in the installation instructions. The online version of the document is the same.

Here are my corrections:

Step 0: Label all connectors currently attached to the CPU and sound boards, before removing them from those boards. Also: Don't forget to remove the balls from the game, to avoid damage when you later raise the playfield.

Step 1A: Remove the speaker panel from the game.

Step 3: The "90" references should be "90 degree". Change "relocate" to "reinstall".

Step 4A: Route the two new cables up into the backbox.

Step 6: Before installing the FAST board in the backbox, locate the mini-USB port (to be connected in Step 9) and test fit the cable to it. (It is very difficult to do later, due to clearance in the backbox.)

Step 7A: Connect the power connector (J210) to the FAST board.

Step 8: The switch connectors are to be attached to the FAST board, not the PINSOUND board. Note: Connectors J206 and J207 are interchangeable, as are J208/J209.

Step 11: The HDMI cable attached to position 1 should go to the main display board. The USB cable at position 3 comes from the mini-display on the playfield.

Step 13: The speaker panel connector is not ORANGE. (At least it wasn't in the kit I received.)

Step 16: When powering up, the two displays may appear frozen for a while. After a minute or two, things clear up and you can play the game.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Note: There is a cable and remote control included with the speaker panel. Some kind of instructions should be included for them.

#1852 1 year ago

Looks like some of the CoinTaker customers are going to be smiling soon.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1853 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

[quoted image]

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

[quoted image]

I hope one of those is mine. Ordered last November

#1855 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Ordered mine 11/21. One of those damn well better be coming to me. Based on comments made earlier, people who ordered well after I did have received their kit? That's not cool at all.
As of this posting I have not received any communication - assuming I got pushed again.

#1856 1 year ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Ordered mine 11/21. One of those damn well better be coming to me. Based on comments made earlier, people who ordered well after I did have received their kit? That's not cool at all.
As of this posting I have not received any communication - assuming I got pushed again.

I received some communication from CoinTaker this week. They indicated 20 kits are coming in, which are already earmarked for customers... and another 20 should be coming the following week, also earmarked for customers. Guessing odds are pretty good you're going to be one of these 40. I was told they're sending based on the order in which they were placed.

#1857 1 year ago

Got my (Cointaker) kit delivered today.
Only problem is. I'm looking to get an classic car so need to sell a few pins.
So can't make up my mind to sell the game with kit uninstalled or sell after I install it.

#1858 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Got my (Cointaker) kit delivered today.
Only problem is. I'm looking to get an classic car so need to sell a few pins.
So can't make up my mind to sell the game with kit uninstalled or sell after I install it.

If you know you aren't going to keep it, sell it uninstalled, either together or separate.

#1859 1 year ago

Just rolled out my side blades for 2.0, I've never installed a set of these before so I've been dragging my feet. Looking forward to giving it a go later today or tomorrow. Watched a few videos on using a spray bottle with a very minimal and diluted soap mixture. Thinking that's the route I'll take so there's room for nudging and perfection after placement. Wish me luck!

#1860 1 year ago

I installed mine dry but it sure wasn’t easy. Good luck.

#1861 1 year ago

I have another issue. I don’t know if it is new or not since I really haven’t played the original game since I got 2.0. Anyway, I start a game of single player original. The game adds players during the first ball. I haven’t been able to figure out the sequence that triggers it though. In switch test, everything works fine. It does not happen in 2.0 though. Anyone else have this issue?

#1862 1 year ago

Just wondering if there is customer service for this new kit. I believe I installed it correctly (going off of photos).

I've yet been able to play the game as intended.

Only one time I've been able to play Rudy's nightmare and when I did I only heard sound fx and no music.

After, I shot the ball in a scoop or somewhere else and the ball didn't return to me just went into ball search mode.

Every other time has just been a black screen for me. The mini-playfield screen has yet to work for me at all just boots with lines for a few seconds and goes black.

This may be an operator error but I'm not sure would it would boot for me and allow me to play (partial once and that was after about 6 tries).

4139907B-289C-474D-BF94-18DC0ACAB9E4 (resized).jpeg4139907B-289C-474D-BF94-18DC0ACAB9E4 (resized).jpeg6CF40DF6-20B9-4B35-A585-1748D947BF77 (resized).jpeg6CF40DF6-20B9-4B35-A585-1748D947BF77 (resized).jpegDC4FAE88-C397-4396-BC7A-4E9705F67FAB (resized).jpegDC4FAE88-C397-4396-BC7A-4E9705F67FAB (resized).jpeg
#1863 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I have another issue. I don’t know if it is new or not since I really haven’t played the original game since I got 2.0. Anyway, I start a game of single player original. The game adds players during the first ball. I haven’t been able to figure out the sequence that triggers it though. In switch test, everything works fine. It does not happen in 2.0 though. Anyone else have this issue?

I would suggest (if you haven't in awhile) to clean your start button switch/wiring (and opposing end wiring etc) to make sure there isn't anything loose anywhere, and then also see how sensitive it is in the switch test menu if you wiggle the wiring.

#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Just wondering if there is customer service for this new kit. I believe I installed it correctly (going off of photos).
Only one time I've been able to play Rudy's nightmare and when I did I only heard sound fx and no music.
After, I shot the ball in a scoop or somewhere else and the ball didn't return to me just went into ball search mode.
Every other time has just been a black screen for me. The mini-playfield screen has yet to work for me at all just boots with lines for a few seconds and goes black.
This may be an operator error but I'm not sure would it would boot for me and allow me to play (partial once and that was after about 6 tries).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's the real nightmare.

#1865 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Everyone here is insanely awesome, extremely helpful, and will help you. However you should always open up a ticket with your distributor first (as a rule of thumb) if you run into any issues; and if you don't hear back in a few days then open up a ticket with Pedretti Gaming.

From what I can tell from your pictures, everything seems normal and that is how the mini-display looks upon initial boot up. I would double check that all of your plugs/wiring are fully seated; and make sure that the hdmi cable is fully seated at both ends to the mini display / they can be a little 'sticky' the first time you plug them in.

#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from rmillman:

That's the real nightmare.

You can open up a ticket with Planetary Pinball (if they are your distributor) here:

http://support.planetarypinball.com/support/login

You can open up a ticket with Pedretti Gaming if you don't hear back within a few days from your distributor here:

https://pedrettigaming.freshdesk.com/support/home

We here, and both of them are happy to help get you up and running accordingly.

#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:Everyone here is insanely awesome, extremely helpful, and will help you. However you should always open up a ticket with your distributor first (as a rule of thumb) if you run into any issues; and if you don't hear back in a few days then open up a ticket with Pedretti Gaming.
From what I can tell from your pictures, everything seems normal and that is how the mini-display looks upon initial boot up. I would double check that all of your plugs/wiring are fully seated; and make sure that the hdmi cable is fully seated at both ends to the mini display / they can be a little 'sticky' the first time you plug them in.

Hey thanks for the quick response, I'm hoping to get everything up and running.

#1868 1 year ago

Just submitted a ticket.

#1869 1 year ago

I just got my kit And seems to not be booting up properly. The small screen is showing with the large green should be displaying and the large screen does not do anything.

56AE69C9-EB2F-4961-B73B-718A3C992FE0 (resized).jpeg56AE69C9-EB2F-4961-B73B-718A3C992FE0 (resized).jpeg
#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

I just got my kit And seems to not be booting up properly. The small screen is showing with the large green should be displaying and the large screen does not do anything.
[quoted image]

swap you HDMI cables on the pinsound card.

#1871 1 year ago

Thanks. It says no signal

#1872 1 year ago

I swapped them back and main screen came on. But now small one is distorted. Then I reset the whole machine and it works now

#1873 1 year ago

Got my kit a few days ago and finally got to 12 on the 2.0 version but when the ball goes into lock it says Ball one is locked” but then it kicks out the ball and I keep playing…go to lock the ball and it says “ball 2 is locked” but again it kicks onto the ball? The balls are locking correctly in 1.0 so not sure the issue? Anybody?

#1874 1 year ago

This is correct for Funhouse 2.0. The locks are virtual, the ball is returned to play and then when the third is locked for multiball, you play the ball as its kicked out and shoot the other balls as they appear in the shooting lane. I thought it was wrong too, but this is how its designed.

#1875 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks man

#1876 1 year ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

This is correct for Funhouse 2.0. The locks are virtual, the ball is returned to play and then when the third is locked for multiball, you play the ball as its kicked out and shoot the other balls as they appear in the shooting lane. I thought it was wrong too, but this is how its designed.

I think that the ball locks should not be virtual.

Just sayin....

#1877 1 year ago

How do you turn on speaker lights ? Or was this something someone just added on? Also what is the remote for ? I pushed severalbuttons and doesn’t do anything at all

#1878 1 year ago

The remote is not needed and I was told not to even plug the IR receiver in. The speaker lights must've been someone's custom mod.

Quoted from radiomoz:

How do you turn on speaker lights ? Or was this something someone just added on? Also what is the remote for ? I pushed severalbuttons and doesn’t do anything at all

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

The IR sensor plugs into the board for the monitor and the remote allows you to access the monitor menu for adjustments. Screens seem to be setup perfectly out of the box, so no adjustment is needed.

Speaker lights are no included with the kit.

#1880 1 year ago

When I plugged in the IR receiver, the label HDMI 1 never went away on my display panel. The response from support was to disconnect the IR receiver and that did the trick. Even when it was connected the remote wasn’t necessary because as you mentioned already, the display looked great out of the box.

Quoted from chillme:

The IR sensor plugs into the board for the monitor and the remote allows you to access the monitor menu for adjustments. Screens seem to be setup perfectly out of the box, so no adjustment is needed.
Speaker lights are no included with the kit.

#1881 1 year ago

Who do we talk to if we have a problem with our kit...(like significant missing parts)?
What is the most effective route?
Edit: I submitted a support ticket to CoinTaker.

#1882 1 year ago

I got my kit earlier this week and for the most part it went smoothly. I had a few questions/ issues that I thought I would see if I could resolve here before opening a ticket with Cointaker.

First, my game only boots about half the time. When it doesnt boot the screen just says no signal and will eventually time out and turn off and the pinsound board has a blue light/ engine error. When it does boot it plays fine.

Second, my mini display/ mirror does not have the color red. The things that should be red are just black. This is in both 1 and 2 versions.

Third, when removing the original display i have this extra wire that i believe goes down to the subwoffer. What do I do with it? The instructions don't say and I dont believe my subwoofer is working. I have seen earlier post comment on this but didn't see a resolution.

Edit. After playing for a while 3-5 games. The game will freeze. It happens in 1. and 2. It also happens if you leave attract mode going for too long. In 1. you can continue playing but the screen is frozen and there is no sound but rudy's mouth keeps moving and I think the game is still playing. In 2. Nothing works and sometimes it gets stuck in repeating a sound. After a freeze, it is much harder to get the game to boot (see first). I think it might be over heating? The daughter card gets extremely hot. Not sure if the heat is normal or not.

I have added photos of all of the above and my current code which I believe to be the most current code. Thanks for any assistance.

20220818_201659 (resized).jpg20220818_201659 (resized).jpg20220818_203109 (resized).jpg20220818_203109 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-095952_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-095952_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-100009_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-100009_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-100027_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-100027_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-100033_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-100033_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-100038_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-100038_Video Player (resized).jpg

#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from joshwiseman:

Third, when removing the original display i have this extra wire that i believe goes down to the subwoffer. What do I do with it? The instructions don't say and I dont believe my subwoofer is working. I have seen earlier post comment on this but didn't see a resolution.
I have added photos of all of the above and my current code which I believe to be the most current code. Thanks for any assistance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The extra wire that goes to the sub should be pushed into the connector as shown here from the setup instruction card, there should be 2 wires that go down to the sub from the connector, they fail to mention that…

7FF9F04A-AA2A-41D0-83CC-E413184F038F (resized).jpeg7FF9F04A-AA2A-41D0-83CC-E413184F038F (resized).jpeg
#1884 1 year ago

How do I get rid of this gray bar at the top? Anybody have an idea

A596810B-B752-402A-9A18-478BCCCB953A (resized).jpegA596810B-B752-402A-9A18-478BCCCB953A (resized).jpeg
#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

Edit: did you connect up the little display setup board and inadvertently leave that on the screen?

#1886 1 year ago

are you referring to that white cable with the ship on the end ? yes. if your referring to the little display on the playfield, I did hook it up and works

#1887 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

are you referring to that white cable with the ship on the end ? yes. if your referring to the little display on the playfield, I did hook it up and works

Yes that board is for adjusting the display, maybe one of the keys on the remote caused it to show the resolution, I did have that happen to me also but can’t remember sequence of events, if the board is still plugged in unplug it and see.

#1888 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

How do I get rid of this gray bar at the top? Anybody have an idea

That should only come on when the display starts up. If the HDMI cable isn't seated properly and it loses the signal at all it'll flicker and put that bar up at the top again. Reseat the HDMI cable on both ends going to the display and see if that takes care of it.

#1889 1 year ago

Did development on this add on stop? Just curious if anything is planned or in the works.

#1890 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did development on this add on stop? Just curious if anything is planned or in the works.

AMSNL chimed a little under a month ago alerting us things are in the mix, but European holiday's are in full swing too - so I'm assuming we might not see anymore updates for a month or two on this kit.

Quoted from AMSNL:

Hello all !
new updates should follow soon we always testing even if we not post any updates ,we are working hard behind the scenes and reading all what you say and try to make the best we can with that info. But also we are people that need to spend time with our loved ones at one point so sometimes a update can take a little longer because of holiday breaks here in Europe

Thank you all and have a great day!

#1891 1 year ago

I think some big developments are in the works.

Stay tuned.

#1892 1 year ago

As I said earlier. You do not need this cable. Remove it and the message will go away.

Quoted from radiomoz:

#1893 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Removed the cable and problem solved. anyone having issues when doing 3 players? My wont recognize the ball drains. Would go into ball search after a while but coil that kick ball into lane wouldn’t fire. Had to reset and just do 2 player. I’m running latest code

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

Thanks guys. Removed the cable and problem solved. anyone having issues when doing 3 players? My wont recognize the ball drains. Would go into ball search after a while but coil that kick ball into lane wouldn’t fire. Had to reset and just do 2 player. I’m running latest code

Have you tried playing 3 players more than once? There's a mystery award mode where you have to shoot a scoop to hide from Evil Rudy (There may be a few other modes like these as well...) but it sets a timer and if you drain before the timer expires it will continue to count down the seconds until the mode expires (without kicking your ball back - making it appear that the the player is stuck...) Perhaps this is what happened on your player 3? I'd be curious to hear if player 3 glitched out more than once for you, or if you only tried to add 3 players once....

-Zuki

#1895 1 year ago

Your right. I must have been in that mode. 3 players is working fine now.

#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

Your right. I must have been in that mode. 3 players is working fine now.

Also, as a follow-up, this is a know issue and has been reported. I'm assuming it will be corrected on the next code update when ready. In the meantime, you just need to wait for the timer on the mode to expire and then the ball will eject from the trough.

#1897 1 year ago

Cointaker was supposed to be getting a bunch of kits in. Anyone been contacted to pay in full?

#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Cointaker was supposed to be getting a bunch of kits in. Anyone been contacted to pay in full?

I paid in full last month. Just got my kit a week ago from Cointaker

#1899 1 year ago

Hello all ! Hope everybody is enjoying funhouse 2.0! We will be releasing a new update soon , this time it will have the real ball lock as most where waiting for, and also some more tweaks and extra features !

Thank you all for your support, input and patience.

Greetings from team Pedretti_Gaming

If you have any questions you can always contact any of the team members direct

UVAJED stumblor WizzardRob AMSNL

Enjoy your day!

#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Hello all ! Hope everybody is enjoying funhouse 2.0! We will be releasing a new update soon , this time it will have the real ball lock as most where waiting for, and some more tweaks and features !
Thank you all for your support, input and patience.
Greetings from team Pedretti_Gaming
If you have any questions you can always contact any of the team members direct
UVAJED stumblor WizzardRob AMSNL
Enjoy your day!

SUCH EXCELLENT NEWS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/38?hl=joshwiseman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.