right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 61.
#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Really hard to know...

Well, the Shadow knows but I can’t imagine licensing would make it feasible.

Can’t wait to get my Funhouse kit.

1 week later
#1804 1 year ago

I haven't read through this thread so this might already have been addressed.

We (who want to use the game for tournaments) don't like the ball save during multiball-problem. Sure, you can't get any jackpots while the saved ball is still in the shooter lane, but how about a setting where you don't get any scoring at all until the ball is plunged? An easy and quick fix that don't require an autoplunger.

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from INK:

I haven't read through this thread so this might already have been addressed.
We (who want to use the game for tournaments) don't like the ball save during multiball-problem. Sure, you can't get any jackpots while the saved ball is still in the shooter lane, but how about a setting where you don't get any scoring at all until the ball is plunged? An easy and quick fix that don't require an autoplunger.

How about if you don't plunge in a given time, the remaining ball(s) with drain.

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

How about if you don't plunge in a given time, the remaining ball(s) with drain.

Quoted from INK:

how about a setting where you don't get any scoring at all until the ball is plunged?

I can imagine people not liking either of these at all. Why is my game not scoring? Why did my flippers die and the ball drain?

How about instead of showing on the DMD whatever it's showing you have it replaced with "LAUNCH BALL" and a callout as well to "LAUNCH THE BALL OR NO SCORING".... repeatedly.

#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

I can imagine people not liking either of these at all. Why is my game not scoring? Why did my flippers die and the ball drain?
How about instead of showing on the DMD whatever it's showing you have it replaced with "LAUNCH BALL" and a callout as well to "LAUNCH THE BALL OR NO SCORING".... repeatedly.

There is already a callout for "Launch the Ball it's A multiball" don't think we need another one. I find the repeating "Launch the ball " callout already annoying, so a big no from me. I think there should not be a ball save in multiball and or no points with a ball in the shooter lane.

#1808 1 year ago

Physical locks (there are three options for variety), plunge to start multiball, no ball save - easy fix. I assume the programming at this point is not an easy fix though.

#1809 1 year ago

Correction - 4 options for lock.

#1810 1 year ago

Since it's a new write with community input.... Put all this stuff as options. Have canned presets for people that don't want to experiment and everything else like ball saver and time for modes or ball savers have it in feature adjustment menu.

#1811 1 year ago

Just found out about this thread (I’d been searching with Rudy’s nightmare to this point). I’d like to hear whether or not there have been upgrades made to the kit since the initial sales of it? I assume that there may have been firmware upgrades, but I am asking about any hardware. I’d appreciate hearing what the thoughts are about it before I make the buy/no buy decision. Finding out that there are 89+ pages of this thread would be hard to read everything posted so far…

#1812 1 year ago

If you want one get it now. I ordered in January nothing yet? Have not seen any hardware updates yet.

#1813 1 year ago

Are kits still being delivered on a regular basis? Ordered mine in November. Still no word.

#1814 1 year ago

Got kit installed. How do you access regular setup menus? And then how do you get back to regular game. It's not recognizing balls in trough

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Got kit installed. How do you access regular setup menus? And then how do you get back to regular game. It's not recognizing balls in trough

You can hold down on the start button for a few seconds to boot into the version selection screen. Once you select a version you can access the utilities using the diag buttons inside the coin door. Double/triple check your wiring on the ball trough and the switch registrations. 2.0 requires the switches to all be wired as shown in the schematics and also requires the diodes to be in place and functioning. The original Funhouse was way more forgiving into the way the switches were wired than 2.0.

Hope you get the final details squared away and enjoy the new code without too much headache.

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Are kits still being delivered on a regular basis? Ordered mine in November. Still no word.

Kits are still shipping out in small bunches and could depend on who you ordered from. I ordered mine from Planetary in January and received it a few weeks ago. The kit is very well packaged and the box is pretty big. Overall I'm impressed so far.

#1817 1 year ago

I got into a limited setup menu looks like it is Fast pinball menu. I need to set number of balls etc.

Also played only 1 game in 2.0. the lock feature. The bals stops callout says ball one locked and then spits the ball back out. Does the same with ball2 and then when you activate the multiball it kicks the balls in the shooting lane and you have to manually launch?

Wierd.

#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Cointaker ?

#1819 1 year ago

Got the menu- only accesible from the original game after selecting. Original game plays great and the same- still trying to find my way in 2.0. the balls wont lock at the top, they spit out and just say 1st ball locked, and so on and then you have to plunge them during multiball

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Got the menu- only accesible from the original game after selecting. Original game plays great and the same- still trying to find my way in 2.0. the balls wont lock at the top, they spit out and just say 1st ball locked, and so on and then you have to plunge them during multiball

thats the way the lock works in 2.0.

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

^^^ For now..

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

It’s cool that they decided to utilize “virtual ball lock” in their design and all but doesn’t make sense to use it since OG funhouse does not.

#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Yes, have you gotten one from them? Anyone order from Cointaker after November and receive their kit yet?

#1824 1 year ago

Yes, have you gotten one from them? Anyone order from Cointaker after November and receive their kit yet?

#1825 1 year ago

I also noticed when the step ramp is open, the ball goes to the left plunger but the gate that opens to allow the ball to go to plunger swings back closed once the ball hits the switch- so when you shoot the steps shot you shoot it through the closed ramp wire which is odd.

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

I also noticed when the step ramp is open, the ball goes to the left plunger but the gate that opens to allow the ball to go to plunger swings back closed once the ball hits the switch- so when you shoot the steps shot you shoot it through the closed ramp wire which is odd.

I have not had that issue. I 'think' that is a known issue where your switches on your ramp are backwards. It's in this thread somewhere.

#1827 1 year ago

bsbdmd83 - check the following post as Zablon mentioned:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/23#post-6839394

Also, doublecheck to make sure you have the most recent code loaded since there were updates in .88 for the steps functionality too.

best,
Zuki

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Quoted from UVAJED:

^^^ For now..

Cool, can't wait. Sounds like some good updates coming again.

#1829 1 year ago

Do we have a projected timeframe on the next release?

#1830 1 year ago

OKay will check ramps switches, but I thought I had checked them ahead of install. Will double check. I am running.88

#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Error opening USB device: Resource temporarily unavailable
Waiting for Teensy device...
(hint: press the reset button)

I'm getting the same error as Ed209 from last month. I didn't see a resolution to his issue. Is there a workaround for this error?

#1832 1 year ago

ramp switches are fine and correct as per the three mentioned. What happens is that with 2.0, when the ramp shot is made to open steps, the gate swings straight up to open steps, but when it hits the switch at rest at the left apron shooter, once it hits this switch the wireform swings left to in essence close the steps shot. So you end up shooting the steps shot through the wireform gate. It pushes it open to allow shot, but this cant be right??

#1833 1 year ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

ramp switches are fine and correct as per the three mentioned. What happens is that with 2.0, when the ramp shot is made to open steps, the gate swings straight up to open steps, but when it hits the switch at rest at the left apron shooter, once it hits this switch the wireform swings left to in essence close the steps shot. So you end up shooting the steps shot through the wireform gate. It pushes it open to allow shot, but this cant be right??

Mine is now doing that as well, I am certain that it didn’t before. It only just started but doesn’t do it all the time. Must be some sequence of events that causes it to happen?

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from sandro:

I'm getting the same error as Ed209 from last month. I didn't see a resolution to his issue. Is there a workaround for this error?

I’ll respond to my own post. Rudy’s asleep and experiencing nightmares! I tried just about everything, but I think in the end, reseating the daughtercards may have been the solution.

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from sandro:

I’ll respond to my own post. Rudy’s asleep and experiencing nightmares! I tried just about everything, but I think in the end, reseating the daughtercards may have been the solution.

Congratulations and also for sharing that with everyone here, but if you run into any other issues in the future; definitely open up a ticket with your distributor first, and if then you don't hear back shortly open up a ticket with Pedretti Gaming.

However, your fellow FH 2.0 and very knowledgeable pinheads here are beyond extremely knowledgeable and invaluable to this kit; and the hobby overall. So, definitely trust each and everyone of their insights as well 100% moving forward.

#1836 1 year ago

Anyone receiving orders from Cointaker? I ordered on 11/20/21. Did I miss a memo or something?

#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Do we have a projected timeframe on the next release?

I’m afraid now that Pedretti has announced their involvement with Queen pinball, this project has been pushed to the “back burner”. There was talk of an update five weeks ago. .88 was released two months ago.

#1838 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I’m afraid now that Pedretti has announced their involvement with Queen pinball, this project has been pushed to the “back burner”. There was talk of an update five weeks ago. .88 was released two months ago.

.89 with a Rudy's Hideout fix (ball drain while timer is running doesn't register as ball drain) would be great. Just to have a couple of those wrinkles ironed out while they focus on Queen would be nice to tide people over for now imo.

-Zuki

#1839 1 year ago

I'd still like to see the sound balanced when switching between 1 and 2 - so they're equal volume-wise. 1 also seems to have the music too loud and the FX too quiet. Or is this just me? Don't leave us hanging!

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Anyone receiving orders from Cointaker? I ordered on 11/20/21. Did I miss a memo or something?

I had to pay for mine in full over six weeks ago because they were supposedly shipping soon but I haven't gotten it yet.

#1841 1 year ago

Half serious about getting out and trading for an Oktoberfest.

#1842 1 year ago

on the sounds issue between Funhouse1 and Funhouse2... the game will remember the volume setting in Funhouse1. So yes it's too loud, but just change it, and the game should remember next time you go to Fun1 that you lowered the volume...

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

on the sounds issue between Funhouse1 and Funhouse2... the game will remember the volume setting in Funhouse1. So yes it's too loud, but just change it, and the game should remember next time you go to Fun1 that you lowered the volume...

This is what i did too. The audio is fairly well balanced between versions, but I can see what others mean with the voice effects vs Sound effects differing in volume within a version.

#1844 1 year ago

It's not even a question the voice is WAY too low in v1. Music covers it most of the time.

#1845 1 year ago

Hello all !
new updates should follow soon we always testing even if we not post any updates ,we are working hard behind the scenes and reading all what you say and try to make the best we can with that info. But also we are people that need to spend time with our loved ones at one point so sometimes a update can take a little longer because of holiday breaks here in Europe

Thank you all and have a great day!

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Congratulations and also for sharing that with everyone here, but if you run into any other issues in the future; definitely open up a ticket with your distributor first, and if then you don't hear back shortly open up a ticket with Pedretti Gaming.

I've seen this thread go pretty quiet, I think for people still on the fence about buying this kit, and for people who encounter an issue that someone has already solved, it's very helpful to have those posts here to keep up with what is going on with this project. Just my .02

#1847 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

…it's very helpful to have those posts here to keep up with what is going on with this project. Just my .02

I agree. I know this thread helped convince me that the upgrade was well-supported. In my case, I posted in hopes of hearing back overnight before PPS opened up in the morning. And I certainly appreciate PPS’s customer support. I did open a ticket because my IR receiver cable was missing a connector (pins present. But plastic connector apparently not installed). PPS had a replacement shipped out the same day! Customer support does not get better than that.

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from loneranger:

I had to pay for mine in full over six weeks ago because they were supposedly shipping soon but I haven't gotten it yet.

I also ordered from Cointaker at that time frame and have heard nothing.

#1849 1 year ago

Playing 2.0 tonight! 9pm ET twitch.tv/wilddogarcade

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Possibly but they have been making and shipping Aliens for over a year now as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.