right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 61.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I need to know how to set up the 2.0 part of the game to take coins.
I can get the regular version to work, but not the 2.0
Won't be able to put it on location tomorrow unless I can figure it out.
Help, Thanks.

Hi, You are running on a old code thats not for production. I don’t want to break your dream,but they shouldn’t have giving you the game in the first place. That’s a mistake nitro pinball made. We are on a much better code at the moment with much more settings. I can tell from certain pictures of the screen that’s it’s on beta. So we can’t help you “direct” with this….But you need to contact nitro pinball for your issues. As your system needs a full reinstall on the new code so you can use the game for location , team pedretti can provide this but it has to go via your distro.

Thank you

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Hi, You are running on a old code thats not for production. I don’t want to break your dream,but they shouldn’t have giving you the game in the first place. That’s a mistake nitro pinball made. We are on a much better code at the moment with much more settings. I can tell from certain pictures of the screen that’s it’s on beta. So we can’t help you “direct” with this….But you need to contact nitro pinball for your issues. As your system needs a full reinstall on the new code so you can use the game for location , team pedretti can provide this but it has to go via your distro.
Thank you

This is Nitro’s personal game on loan to Dan until his Rush arrives. Nothing more than a kind gesture and hardly the breaking of anyone’s dream. New code will be updated this week.

#903 2 years ago

FlipperFreak perfect! Have fun

#904 2 years ago

Send it to us we don't need no damn coins.

Quoted from FlipperFreak:

This is Nitro’s personal game on loan to Dan until his Rush arrives. Nothing more than a kind gesture and hardly the breaking of anyone’s dream. New code will be updated this week.

Quoted from pingod:

I need to know how to set up the 2.0 part of the game to take coins.
I can get the regular version to work, but not the 2.0
Won't be able to put it on location tomorrow unless I can figure it out.
Help, Thanks.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Send it to us we don't need no damn coins.

Code update for coin op coming on Monday
I’ll keep it for now, lol.

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

It was a long journey, but now something exciting is going to happen...
Kits are at the final stage,professional packaging takes time but it's a parts of the customer experience.
Monday our website is online too.
Call your distributor for availability.

Awesome news!!! Can’t wait to here from planetary pinball about finalizing payment and shipment!

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Awesome news!!! Can’t wait to here from planetary pinball about finalizing payment and shipment!

Anyone get an Email yet?

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Anyone get an Email yet?

Sara from Planetary responded to my inquiry over the weekend and informed me that they "need to wait for Rick, as far as the next update" and "I will let you know as soon as I hear something, he will probably give me instructions once the product comes in and what we need to do."

So I'm assuming they won't email official updates until the kits are in their hands. Just my take based on this weekends correspondence.

#909 2 years ago

It's starting!

IMG_20220222_182229 (resized).jpgIMG_20220222_182229 (resized).jpg
#910 2 years ago

Nice! Quit typing and start shipping!

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Nice! Quit typing and start shipping!

Here is 7.30 PM we are close

We worked hard on packing!

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Here is 7.30 PM we are close
We worked hard on packing!

It shows! Thanks for the long day of work. That's one box I will NOT be throwing in the recycle bin after opening.

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

It shows! Thanks for the long day of work. That's one box I will NOT be throwing in the recycle bin after opening.

I've still got mine. They are way too nice for my recycling

#914 2 years ago

It’s time to play ——> Have Fun Everyone!

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

It’s time to play ——> Have Fun Everyone!

If I had the coin op code in mine, it would be on location already

#916 2 years ago

Just started to sand the cabinet down for new decals. New playfield almost done. Powder coat to be done in 2.5 weeks per the local shop ( doing a red metallic) All comes to a completion once the 2.0 kit shows up!!!

Plus, love how you can just about see funhouse on the wood after so many years burned through.

217A8C11-00CC-42BA-BBFD-4CCA204AA525 (resized).jpeg217A8C11-00CC-42BA-BBFD-4CCA204AA525 (resized).jpeg
#917 2 years ago

Any Beta testers out there that want to share the latest code with me.

Pedretti keeps forgetting to send it.
Nitro Pinball and I are waiting for it.

Thanks

#918 2 years ago

Anyone with the kit know how the video signal gets to the LCD? Is it an HDMI connection?

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Anyone with the kit know how the video signal gets to the LCD? Is it an HDMI connection?

I believe so. There's an installation video that should discuss that step in post #672

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/14#post-6740491

#920 2 years ago

Both screens are running HDMI

#921 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

I believe so. There's an installation video that should discuss that step in post #672
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/14#post-6740491

Quoted from AMSNL:

Both screens are running HDMI

Thanks!

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

The kit uses the pinsound XL card, which has two HDMI outputs, so it's a bit different then the other pinsound cards.

https://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-xl/

#923 2 years ago

I've watched a few gameplay videos of 2.0 and it looks promising. There is one issue that bothers me as a player though. A game that has two ball multiball modes AND also has a "ball saver" just leaves a ball sitting in the shooter lane so that I could choose to just play all those modes with one ball and when I drain, I could plunge the ball sitting in the shooter lane... Correct?

If true, maybe you could force the player to plunge the ball before the mode starts and somehow turn off point scoring if both balls are not in play? Could also only have those modes available if there is a ball in the lock mech...

#924 2 years ago

You can plunge the ball whenever you feel happy with it when it lets you but some modes just won’t start untill you have plunged the 2nd multiball trust me Rudy will tell you if you don’t plunge …….

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

You can plunge the ball whenever you feel happy with it

I understand that. Just doesn't match up with most "competitive pinball environments". I guess that's why 1.0 is included.

#926 2 years ago

As I stated some multiball modes needs the 2nd ball plunged before it starts after that and it drains you can leave it in the lane when you want . It does not have a auto plunger that’s wy things get different . And some modes don’t have a full in ball lock

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

As I stated some multiball modes needs the 2nd ball plunged before it starts after that and it drains you can leave it in the lane when you want . It does not have a auto plunger that’s wy things get different . And some modes don’t have a full in ball lock

I understand how an auto-plunger works. I also understand why the two ball MB is designed the way that it is in the original game.

If the modes in 2.0 have two balls, it's really just a "ball in hand" type mode where you don't have to use the second ball unless you want.

Don't misunderstand, that fine. I just wanted to fully understand that the expectations of the designers are matching up with those potentially buying the kit. There's no reason to not want that, correct?

#928 2 years ago

Well we are verry open to suggestions like that and some of these are already on the list and being worked on. but as our first priority was to work out the bugs, and give you all a good game from day 1 and make it the better on all the days to come . So when people have the kit more gameplay will also result in to more feedback and more tweaks we as a community can make, To enhance more joy and more gameplay !

Thank you

#929 2 years ago

Well then, that is an awesome goal! I'm sure no matter what, 2.0 will be fun.

#930 2 years ago

We have some fun stuff in the works for auto-plunging for 2.0 games.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#931 2 years ago

So then Auto launch will be included in software ? Any hardware updates?

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from rickeve:

So then Auto launch will be included in software ? Any hardware updates?

Lets ask fastpinball as they know more. So maybe they can explain, or else it gets confusing

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

For Rudy 2.0 or for some other 2.0s coming in the future?

#934 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Sign me up to Beta-test the Funhouse autoplunger kit please!

If it works in 2.0, Im confident we can get Soren to add a bit of code to make it work in 1.0!

#935 2 years ago

Why would anyone want autoplunger for 1.0?

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Why would anyone want autoplunger for 1.0?

To perhaps add a ball saver to the code?

I agree that is not altogether necessary, but it would be cool to modernize the game a bit more.

#937 2 years ago

but why? It's not that hard or deep of a game...I think you guys are overthinking it.

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

To perhaps add a ball saver to the code?
I agree that is not altogether necessary, but it would be cool to modernize the game a bit more.

A ballsaver can be added without autoplunger. Just re-serve the lost ball... "Hey Slick, you can have it back!" The code already exists, the game will re-serve a ball plunged around the orbit and drained.

If you mean a ballsaver for multiball... no.. just no. Sys11 era multiballs do not need a ballsaver. You get *three* cracks at the jackpot from the hidden hallway ejects, all controlled feeds. The jackpot shot is easy to setup again if you blow those. And if you manage to screw all that up, there's the restart feature. There is absolutely no need for anything else.

#939 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

A ballsaver can be added without autoplunger. Just re-serve the lost ball... "Hey Slick, you can have it back!" The code already exists, the game will re-serve a ball plunged around the orbit and drained.
If you mean a ballsaver for multiball... no.. just no. Sys11 era multiballs do not need a ballsaver. You get *three* cracks at the jackpot from the hidden hallway ejects, all controlled feeds. The jackpot shot is easy to setup again if you blow those. And if you manage to screw all that up, there's the restart feature. There is absolutely no need for anything else.

I agree to all of this!

I still want it though...

#940 2 years ago

Sorry guys but it's not simply a case of 'the code already exists'. V1. 0 code is run using the original ROM on an emulated Motorola processor. This isn't pinmame where you can add exceptions and extend the code somewhat. To make changes to 1.0 you'd either have to reverse compile the rom (and be shit hot in assembly), rewrite it from scratch on the new platform then add changes, or possibly work out how fast are emulating the processor and lobby them to implement some exception functionality. None of these are going to happen as part of this project so please don't expect that it will.

Updates for 2.0 will definitely be released. What the scope of those are is still yet to be decided by Pedretti.

#941 2 years ago

I'm excited that 2.0 will add a new dimension to funhouse and can't wait for it. But it is very important to me that the original mode be untouched and play exactly as expected. If it didn't, I wouldn't purchase it.

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Lets ask fastpinball as they know more. So maybe they can explain, or else it gets confusing

I was asked to clarify that, as of right now, there is no code in FHRN to fire an auto plunger.

When the time is right, adding auto plunging to games that do not have it will be very straight forward with our solution. Software developers will be able to query the platform on startup to see if our auto plunging solution is present and then trigger it by sending a "fire auto plunger" message to the FAST controller and that's it.

I apologize for not clarifying sooner. We have been head-down cranking on FAST boards and I popped in to share something because I was excited... and probably a little sleep deprived. You can see it in my eyes!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

F25CD13F-41CC-4A99-AF04-B451B3C2FB55 (resized).jpegF25CD13F-41CC-4A99-AF04-B451B3C2FB55 (resized).jpeg
#943 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I'm excited that 2.0 will add a new dimension to funhouse and can't wait for it. But it is very important to me that the original mode be untouched and play exactly as expected. If it didn't, I wouldn't purchase it.

This was very important to us, as well. We feel very strongly that a 2.0 game kit should not prevent people from playing the original game on approved ROMs.

In the event that modified original game ROMs are created and approved, we can make them available as options for the game owner. This is an area I am excited about exploring. I imagine there could be some fun things introduced into original games when ROM memory space limitations are no longer a gating factor...

I love this stuff so much!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

This was very important to us, as well. We feel very strongly that a 2.0 game kit should not prevent people from playing the original game on approved ROMs.
In the event that modified original game ROMs are created and approved, we can make them available as options for the game owner. This is an area I am excited about exploring. I imagine there could be some fun things introduced into original games when ROM memory space limitations are no longer a gating factor...
I love this stuff so much!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Like a real ball save on the original version!

#945 2 years ago

Autoplunger is no witchwork ... see the "WhiWi Journey aka 2.0".
Situation would be a "ball saver" for xx seconds and a "ball back" xx seconds on multiball.
This would be an easy to add feature.

The option should be on owners risc, say: Buy yourself a autoplunger but we will support a free driver on the driverboard.
*IF* the programmers have time and will do, there might be other options to bring it in the game. Ballsaver on outlanes, new multiball, etc, pp but this would be more coding.

I do not expect this, but it would be a great "gimmick" as I like it on my WhiWi 2.0.

#946 2 years ago

Funhouse, with the Pedretti 2.0 on location now at Century Sports Bowling Alley, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

C528F135-4B76-4CB7-9546-9B2B5C36C343 (resized).jpegC528F135-4B76-4CB7-9546-9B2B5C36C343 (resized).jpegF74E1C32-981A-4031-9758-04C01D78ACB0 (resized).jpegF74E1C32-981A-4031-9758-04C01D78ACB0 (resized).jpeg
#947 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Funhouse, with the Pedretti 2.0 on location now at Century Sports Bowling Alley, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.[quoted image][quoted image]

I read that as "Funhouse, with Predator 2.0 on location now"

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Funhouse, with the Pedretti 2.0 on location now at Century Sports Bowling Alley, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. I do not generally like it when people change the colors of the original game (like the red side rails you have there) but I have to admit that looks pretty darn good!

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Amazing! Both the game and the fact that it is available to play on location.

#950 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Funhouse, with the Pedretti 2.0 on location

Oh so jealous!! Wish planetary pinball would finally email that my preorder is ready for final payment and shipment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.