right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 61.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

No , 1.0 is all original and won’t have any changes also no features to do so.

Therefor it it is "genuine" !! I dont want any extra stuff in the 1.0 .. this has to go in 2.0 , the more the better !

#852 2 years ago

Can I ask whether the system will be open such that people can code new games for the platform? [I assume from scratch - since they would not be able to use licensed assets]. Just curious if we can expect some homebrew on this hardware or not.

Or was part of the licensing deal that this would not be permitted?

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Can I ask whether the system will be open such that people can code new games for the platform? [I assume from scratch - since they would not be able to use licensed assets]. Just curious if we can expect some homebrew on this hardware or not.
Or was part of the licensing deal that this would not be permitted?

Also something I want to know. How does the fast controller implement the 1.0 version ?
In the install video I don't see that you can install original eproms, so I guess you'll need to download them and they're uploaded as part of the new software ?

Fastpinball website says this so it looks they'll be making it open for everyone
The FAST Retro Platform is currently only available to game designers building commercial upgrade kits. In the future these boards will be available for individual owners of Williams / Bally / Midway System 11 - WPC 95 machines.

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

How does the fast controller implement the 1.0 version ?

My guess is they're running some flavour of pinmame like Lisy does, unless they've managed FPGA hardware emulation which would be kinda clever. If it's pinmame, the source should be available as it's supposed to be open-source.

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Also something I want to know. How does the fast controller implement the 1.0 version ?
In the install video I don't see that you can install original eproms, so I guess you'll need to download them and they're uploaded as part of the new software ?
Fastpinball website says this so it looks they'll be making it open for everyone
The FAST Retro Platform is currently only available to game designers building commercial upgrade kits. In the future these boards will be available for individual owners of Williams / Bally / Midway System 11 - WPC 95 machines.

The game comes pre installed. And when you do a update in future you do update for 2.0 and maybe for 1.0 but it’s not open source.

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

My guess is they're running some flavour of pinmame like Lisy does, unless they've managed FPGA hardware emulation which would be kinda clever. If it's pinmame, the source should be available as it's supposed to be open-source.

Surprisingly, it's not pinmame - or an FPGA. It's a teensy 4.1 that is emulating the original cpu motorola chip.

#858 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Surprisingly, it's not pinmame - or an FPGA. It's a teensy board that is emulating the original cpu motorola chip.

We will be at TPF this year and will be doing a talk (or at least a meet up) to share what we are doing with our FAST Retro Platform and our partnership with PPS.

Right now we are focused on supporting the current roster of "2.0" game developers.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Surprisingly, it's not pinmame - or an FPGA. It's a teensy 4.1 that is emulating the original cpu motorola chip

Interesting. I did the pinmame tweaks for DP in their BOP 2.0 package (when it runs 1.0) and it was a real fiddle. For FAST there must be a lot of framework around the Teensy, would be nice to find out more.

By the way stumblor how is the BOP?

#860 2 years ago

Watched the posted gameplay video for the new content and realized the voice reminds me a bit of

#861 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#862 2 years ago

so...this made me realize, someone should retheme funhouse as Childs Play and turn Rudy's head into Chucky.

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

Interesting. I did the pinmame tweaks for DP in their BOP 2.0 package (when it runs 1.0) and it was a real fiddle. For FAST there must be a lot of framework around the Teensy, would be nice to find out more.

We set the bar very high: performance must be indistinguishable from the original.

We have created a finely tuned hardware + software combination that we are very proud of.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

so...this made me realize, someone should retheme funhouse as Childs Play and turn Rudy's head into Chucky.

A big f*ck no! I want to be able to sleep at night.

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from Snux:

By the way stumblor how is the BOP?

Loving it mate, thanks. Searching for the 2.0 kit

#866 2 years ago

I'm ready to go......

thumbnail_IMG_8876 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_8876 (resized).jpg
#867 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm ready to go......
[quoted image]

As much as that defeats the purpose of being able to switch back and forth, it would be pretty freaking cool to have a version one next to a version two with the different art and displays!

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

As much as that defeats the purpose of being able to switch back and forth, it would be pretty freaking cool to have a version one next to a version two with the different art and displays!

Haha. Thats not my plan in fact but agree it would be cool to see that! I found a really nicely done refurb so I'm planning to sell my other one.

#869 2 years ago

When can we see the kits arrive in the u.s.?

#870 2 years ago

More game videos. Looks like cables on sound board need a few clamps included in kit. Replace the plastic standoff for video screen on playfield to metal or make a standoff holder to mount to original metal screen holder. Great work so far. Two games in one that just works!

#871 2 years ago

Deposit in. All in for release. I agree with a lot of the feedback and am looking forward to the journey. Outstanding job thus far!

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from rickeve:

Two games in one that just works!

Im sold on the 2 games in one!

Now, I want an autolauncher...

#873 2 years ago

I recently laid down some big $$$ for EHOH & GNR's LE.

I have a really nice Whirlwind. I'm considering letting it go to partially replenish the funds I've spent. I'm on the fence to sell it or possibility ride it out to Whirlwind 2.0

Thoughts?

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I recently laid down some big $$$ for EHOH & GNR's LE.
I have a really nice Whirlwind. I'm considering letting it go to partially replenish the funds I've spent. I'm on the fence to sell it or possibility ride it out to Whirlwind 2.0
Thoughts?

I dunno... Im thinking of selling my Houdini to make room for my CCrLE.

I just have too many games right now.

Im hoping that Taxi 2.0 comes around.

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I dunno... Im thinking of selling my Houdini to make room for my CCrLE.
I just have too many games right now.

I'm in the same situation but would never sell my Houdini. I'm thinking about selling my TWD to fund my 2.0 Funhouse and a LOV.

Priorities...

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I'm in the same situation but would never sell my Houdini. I'm thinking about selling my TWD to fund my 2.0 Funhouse and a LOV.
Priorities...

Glad you kept FH now, right?!

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Taxi 2.0 would be nice!

#878 2 years ago

this and Earthshaker would be awesome !

#879 2 years ago

Taxi 2.0 would be nice!

Change Marilyn’s voice , you die!

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Change Marilyn’s voice , you die!

Change Lola to Harvey Fierstein in pinsound would be epic!

#881 2 years ago

While it may not exactly be Rudy, some work from Mitch O'Connell seems like a good fit.

https://mitchoconnell.threadless.com/designs/talk-to-the-hand/

#882 2 years ago

Any word on possible ship dates for the 2.0 kit? Still working on my restoration, but curious since deposit is in on planetary pinball.

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Any word on possible ship dates for the 2.0 kit? Still working on my restoration, but curious since deposit is in on planetary pinball.

As one of the Beta testers, I hope I don't overstep anything/anyone, but good/relevant question...

So, I can only confirm that we have ALL still been working relentlessly together on this for everyone around the clock before/since the gameplay videos / = Pedretti Pinball, PPS, FAST, Pinsound, the software development team, graphics team, and us Beta testers also, 7-days/week around the clock.. ..in no particular order..

Everything here is positive and extremely productive!

I can't confirm a ship date as a Beta tester, but I would say keep working on your restoration, your $ is in good hands, and good things will be on the way sooner than later. << zero hype train here .. just excellent results in the end for me too is all that matters..

Final bugs are being stomped out..

We all want to see you guys/gals << in no particular order enjoy this without disregard, have only positive feedback/things to say/feel about it...so we're going the extra mile or 3 as best we can..

We all want this done the right way the first time...as best as humanly possible; from a VERY amazing group of developers/hardware/software etc gurus << and then you also have the noisy captain obvious/knowledgeable beta testers in your back pocket..

We're (Beta testers) pretty relentless and thinking of you/your opinions/what you have said...and we aren't very quiet about it either..

The amazing thing is, that Pedretti and Co. listen to everything and implement everything that we ask for, if it is possible, on your behalf too.

It may seem like I have said this before, but I haven't changed my mind or confidence about anything..

E.g. I felt slightly bad for going out of town today for Valentine's day with my significant other, because I knew everyone else was going to be testing new codes/etc out here without me.

But, you know I can't get in trouble for not taking her out for V-day. So, we took a road trip, she went shopping for a bit...then we happened to end up at a place that had 25 pins. Oops. Oh well, we better play some pins now?!? It was from JP, Hobbit, RFM, AFM, MET, TSPP, Wonka, LOTR, GB, Elvira, Xmen, TWD, etc. We played almost all of them.

When I came home, I played 3 games of FH 2.0. I took a step back and couldn't believe it. FH 2.0 was tied with Wonka/JP for my favorite pins of the day. Honestly. I don't know how, but it was.

Back to work tomorrow on FH 2.0 here, but imo it's worth it's weight in gold.

Hope I helped a bit, no hype here, but it's pretty close and you definitely made a great investment regardless of the timeframe, and I sincerely hope you enjoy it once you get it.

#884 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

The amazing thing is, that Pedretti and Co. listen to everything and implement everything that we ask for, if it is possible, on your behalf too.

Thanks for the update and I'm very happy to hear Pedretti is actively listening AND acting on your inputs. I hope to wrap up my restoration in 1-2 weeks (depends on how backed up the powder coat shop is) sounds like it may fall in line with the release, we will see, but looking forward to it, game play videos were great and love the new sounds, especially from the slings!

#885 2 years ago

Funhouse, with the Pedretti 2.0 kit on loan from Nitro Pinball. Thanks Tommy
Going on location this weekend.
Game looks and plays great.

0096B92E-FBB4-483B-A47A-1D7088D49F58 (resized).jpeg0096B92E-FBB4-483B-A47A-1D7088D49F58 (resized).jpeg1A4E7C5D-2E85-4484-B40F-5BE786F62CFB (resized).jpeg1A4E7C5D-2E85-4484-B40F-5BE786F62CFB (resized).jpeg56294B6A-FA65-442B-A33F-B0DCCCFC4E89 (resized).jpeg56294B6A-FA65-442B-A33F-B0DCCCFC4E89 (resized).jpegAC3CD1B0-DDB5-482E-90AB-6F6DEDBD857B (resized).jpegAC3CD1B0-DDB5-482E-90AB-6F6DEDBD857B (resized).jpegE8672E3B-050F-40CE-8416-BD73130E073F (resized).jpegE8672E3B-050F-40CE-8416-BD73130E073F (resized).jpeg
#886 2 years ago

I can't wait to see even more pics of kits getting installed into games like these!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#887 2 years ago

Just finished my resto Cant wait for the kit to arrive. I wanted to wait for the kit to arrive before I put the playfield back in to make it easier to install the blades but my wife was like a kid in a candy store.

23FD3D21-8A07-45AD-86B3-44DBDEC19FBD (resized).jpeg23FD3D21-8A07-45AD-86B3-44DBDEC19FBD (resized).jpeg5CDC61CB-EC51-46B0-B1CC-75E40D6FA3C1 (resized).jpeg5CDC61CB-EC51-46B0-B1CC-75E40D6FA3C1 (resized).jpeg9543F5D0-CC67-440B-8AC2-B33C48856ADC (resized).jpeg9543F5D0-CC67-440B-8AC2-B33C48856ADC (resized).jpegBC5BF835-423A-4E90-A264-385EE0BE6D1F (resized).jpegBC5BF835-423A-4E90-A264-385EE0BE6D1F (resized).jpegDB811405-F361-4FA1-B3F2-7E2C6C949051 (resized).jpegDB811405-F361-4FA1-B3F2-7E2C6C949051 (resized).jpeg
#888 2 years ago

Good job! Love the black/gray trim

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Funhouse, with the Pedretti 2.0 kit on loan from Nitro Pinball. Thanks Tommy
Going on location this weekend.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn Dan. Wish I had a Calgary trip planned. Hopefully Arkadium will have thiers by the time I make it there.
Thoughts on it so far? How's the original version play?

#890 2 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Just finished my resto Cant wait for the kit to arrive. I wanted to wait for the kit to arrive before I put the playfield back in to make it easier to install the blades but my wife was like a kid in a candy store.

Wow never thought about that color, these trims look really nice, well done!

#891 2 years ago

The restoration on it starts in probably two weeks, still no confirmation on our kit just have a deposit paid on it so guessing still a couple of month out. Hope to have it ready for YEGPIN.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Damn Dan. Wish I had a Calgary trip planned. Hopefully Arkadium will have thiers by the time I make it there.

#892 2 years ago

WOW, that is one beautiful FunHouse! Kudos. Thanks for sharing pictures of the kit. It looks fantastic. Can't wait to see more streams of it in action.

Quoted from pingod:

#893 2 years ago

Thank you for the kind replies to my resto. It’s funny that’s what you pick up on as the rubber colors and powder coat colors are the hardest part of the project for me. I just retired from the USCG, I was an aircraft mechanic, so that side of the resto comes easy to me. But man picking colors kicks my ass!

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I like it better then the original for sure.
Haven’t played the original version on this one yet though.

#895 2 years ago

I’ve had so many people come into my location asking if and when we are getting 2.0. Seems like the word is getting out (probably Facebook) to even casual players.

#896 2 years ago

It was a long journey, but now something exciting is going to happen...
Kits are at the final stage,professional packaging takes time but it's a parts of the customer experience.
Monday our website is online too.
Call your distributor for availability.

IMG_20220218_124500.jpgIMG_20220218_124500.jpg
#897 2 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I’ve had so many people come into my location asking if and when we are getting 2.0. Seems like the word is getting out (probably Facebook) to even casual players.

If our kit helps go get more people involved and interested in this marvelous hobby, it's a great success.
Keep us posted about that.

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I like the blue and red matching lights with the shooter rods.

#899 2 years ago

I need to know how to set up the 2.0 part of the game to take coins.
I can get the regular version to work, but not the 2.0

Won't be able to put it on location tomorrow unless I can figure it out.

Help, Thanks.

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I need to know how to set up the 2.0 part of the game to take coins.
I can get the regular version to work, but not the 2.0
Won't be able to put it on location tomorrow unless I can figure it out.
Help, Thanks.

It's setup for my better half! As I've mentioned numerous times, Funhouse is the only game my wife has ever liked. She wouldn't care about a 2.0 version. She just wants to bash Rudy's face and make him scream. Ahhhh! Tried getting nightsearcher to buy a 2.0 kit. Once his playfield is reinstalled the misses will be going over weekly with me so maybe a reason to upgrade!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.