right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 61.
#651 2 years ago

Wat!?

Quoted from Billygrippo:

Did the studebaker come ether the truck?
1957?

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Did the studebaker come ether the truck?
1957?

Good eye! All the vehicles were shipped from Northern California. I think the Studebaker came from the Sacramento area (not sure about the Suburban). The Studebaker was straight and clean. The Suburban was rotted in the lower panels. I was there when they were unloaded. The Studebaker started right up!

#653 2 years ago

That’s great! I had a 65’ rambler marlin I pulled from some blackberry bushes that started right up after some starting fluid!
Old cars are amazing! Hope your gonna keep that studebaker and have some great times with it!

#654 2 years ago

anyone make a vid yet? please post here. Want to get my deposit down asap if its a go. Thanks!

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

A FunHouse 2.0 diversion...
1950 Chevy truck my grandfather bought new. It’s sat in northern California since his passing in 1982. I shipped it to FL where my dad can supervise the restoration. I’ll keep the patina, but it’s getting a new RoadsterShop chassis, crate Chevy LS3, tranny, new brakes, glass, rubber, electrical, interior and on and on... all will be new except the awesome patina.
Now, back to FH 2.0...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome! This needs its own restore thread with pics Thanks for sharing.

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

anyone make a vid yet? please post here. Want to get my deposit down asap if its a go. Thanks!

Get your deposit ready….

#657 2 years ago

Gameplay vid before the 31st bump!

#658 2 years ago

Prepare to open your wallets. Are you ready?

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Gameplay vid before the 31st bump!

I’m ready but will remain skeptical until I see actual video. If the stated strategy of we need firm numbers in the way of deposits is real, there will need to be gameplay video (not produced by the company or a shill) before the 31st or the deposits will be somewhat meaningless. Without unfiltered, unscripted gameplay video, I would anticipate a risk of deposit cancellations if actual execution falls short of pumped up expectations once this hits the streets. With deposits due in five days I gotta think that if it’s not great now, you’re just gambling on a less motivated production team to come through in the future if you pull the trigger and buy it with your fingers crossed. Don’t get me wrong, I want this to succeed and hope that it is great right now, but there is a verifiable pattern of pump and dump fomo marketing throughout pinball that this, so far, has not proved otherwise. Nothing wrong with wanting it no matter what. Nothing wrong with wanting to know what you’re being given an opportunity to buy before you give someone money, refundable or not. As we all know, getting a refund is work, sometimes too much work.

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I’m ready but will remain skeptical until I see actual video. If the stated strategy of we need firm numbers in the way of deposits is real, there will need to be gameplay video (not produced by the company or a shill) before the 31st or the deposits will be somewhat meaningless. Without unfiltered, unscripted gameplay video, I would anticipate a risk of deposit cancellations if actual execution falls short of pumped up expectations once this hits the streets. With deposits due in five days I gotta think that if it’s not great now, you’re just gambling on a less motivated production team to come through in the future if you pull the trigger and buy it with your fingers crossed. Don’t get me wrong, I want this to succeed and hope that it is great right now, but there is a verifiable pattern of pump and dump fomo marketing throughout pinball that this, so far, has not proved otherwise. Nothing wrong with wanting it no matter what. Nothing wrong with wanting to know what you’re being given an opportunity to buy before you give someone money, refundable or not. As we all know, getting a refund is work, sometimes too much work.

Don’t worry, just go ahead and open your wallet. I did!

#661 2 years ago

I don't really care how, when or on what people choose to spend their money. The follow up posts where some pre-order buyers complain about long delivery times, poor quality, not what they were hoping it would be, etc. can be a little annoying.

#662 2 years ago

I have to admit...I would buy this just for the classic mode if that is all it had. I just want the nice color screen which is something that I always thought would be great for funhouse.....

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have to admit...I would buy this just for the classic mode if that is all it had. I just want the nice color screen which is something that I always thought would be great for funhouse.....

I don't believe it will be a color display for the original, unless you count white or orange which is what the numbers appear to be. It's not like the original version will have added graphics or animations. At least that's my understanding.

#664 2 years ago

Do we know if the Mystery Mirror screen does anything when playing in classic mode?

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

Do we know if the Mystery Mirror screen does anything when playing in classic mode?

We send the data which represented the state of the lamps on the mirror from our FAST Controller to Raspberry Pi. The game code translates that into content that looks just like the original mirror. Pretty cool.

This pic is the only one I had on it and it is before I added the shroud.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

AB7EBEC1-2237-4EB0-AC12-00F78744D90A (resized).jpegAB7EBEC1-2237-4EB0-AC12-00F78744D90A (resized).jpeg
#666 2 years ago

Has there been any mention of a topper coming out for Funhouse 2.0? Either a topper themed for the Rudy's Nightmare version or maybe one that would be suitable for either the original or 2.0 set-up.

#667 2 years ago

So, I don't like to chime in on here unless it is meaningful, honest, and straight to the point

I'm not a hype-guy (nor do I like that), getting paid for anything, paid for this kit myself, and am just a dedicated beta tester working tirelessly with other beta testers and Pedretti and Co. to get the a gameplay video to you yestermonth

You wouldn't believe how nit-picky us beta testers have been about everything through developing this. Yw

Again, Pedretti and Co. have open ears, took all comments on here and us seriously. We have worked through many MANY little bugs/suggestions together (especially including yours) successfully. Every little "issue" that has came up has been solved quickly and will be in the future with updates. Pedretti and Co. are patient and sincere

I have been shooting gameplay videos relentlessly for the last week ahead of time (because I know how close we are); for you all to see/hear it as perfectly as possible for everyone to have the best video quality (sound/lighting/framerates/etc). Pedretti and Co. (us too) feel that this shouldn't be a professional shoot, but rather an honest and raw gameplay video <<< like you all suggested. I feel zero pressure smh

Again, not a hype guy, but I feel confident enough to say that a good quality gameplay video should happen by this weekend and other beta testers will be uploading other gameplay videos shortly afterwards

#668 2 years ago

Good update!

#669 2 years ago

Stop teasing, and just give us the damn video….

#670 2 years ago

We will have gameplay video in the near future as soon as everyone agrees we can start streaming the game. I had an opportunity to go through the installation procedure and Renopinball created a video to go through the instructions. We were making sure to get final approval from all the parties involved before posting the video on Pinside. I can assure you that you will see the installation video by tomorrow along with an extensive written review of the kit in this thread. All I can say is how they integrated all the parts is amazing how it comes together. More details to follow tomorrow. So stay tuned.

#671 2 years ago

As UVAJED also mentioned we are working on getting the videos right from a players perspective. So no magic editing just how you would stream your own game . We won’t show all gameplay and modes as some things you have to find out for yourself! Many many nice surprises….

We work hard with a verry select people incl the programmers and the people at pedretti . It’s nice to have an awesome team that make this game more then you have asked for. As always you can’t please everyone but I can say from my own expirence even tho you all love the old Rudy… YOU will for sure love his big brother!

So we are more then happy to announce that the gameplay video’s WILL be online before the 31st ! Thank you all for your patience, and get yourself a hot doggggg in the meantime

#672 2 years ago

Funhouse: Rudy’s Nightmare Upgrade Kit Review

Jim and I had the opportunity to go through the installation procedure and play Funhouse: Rudy’s Nightmare and the game is a perfect example of an upgrade from an older game in the 90s that completely changes gameplay utilizing the original shots from the classic Funhouse game. This first-hand observation is based on early code, but I will go through each of the things I observed intended for the person who orders a kit and wants to know what to expect.

Hardware:
All parts are included for the kit in an inviting box including the FAST Pinball MPU board, PinSound board, speaker assembly with a large and wide LCD display, mini LCD panel to replace the mirror light board, and all the cabling necessary that consists of USB and HDMI cables. In addition they included art blades, a plastic backglass that is the perfect thickness to the original backglass, and even a T-shirt. Concise detailed instructions are included as well as a video created by Renopinball.com to walk you through the steps with clear explanations.

I have to say that I am not the most experienced to work on pinball machines, but the way the system components in the upgrade kit fit together and install is seamless. I honestly would feel comfortable doing this installation myself and that is saying a lot. I was amazed at how well the new boards substituted the old boards. They fit perfectly with the existing back box with no modifications necessary. Simply unscrewing the boards and sliding them out was effortless after unplugging all the cable connections.

The boards are easy to install and all the connectors fit perfectly like they did with the original boards. The PinSound board contains the software with a USB dongle and a SD card that provides the code which runs in conjunction with the FAST Pinball board connected with a USB cable. HDMI connections are provided on the PinSound board to drive the displays

The mini display for the playfield is not that difficult to install. It complements the game well with the funhouse distorted mirror design. The plastic piece to mount it on the posts is tight but aligns perfectly. Follow the suggestion in the video below to run into less problems getting the display panel to line up properly before bolting it down. It is also important to fish the cables first before mounting the display, which is clearly indicated in the installation instructions.

All the cables are provided with the upgrade kit including all the necessary HDMI cables to run the mini display and speaker panel display. It takes a little work to fish the cables through the opening behind the mini LCD playfield display, but really nice that the connections are at 90 degrees to make it easy to plug in the cables without them getting in the way. In addition to the video cables, USB cables are provided to run power to the mini display along with a USB cable to connect from the FAST Pinball board to the PinSound board. The most challenging part is getting the cables to feed behind the back of the playfield and through the back box. Another thing is the cables are adequate length, but could be longer to give it a little more slack when the playfield is lifted.

The speaker panel display is fully assembled to include main speakers with a wide LCD screen. The colors are vibrant with a high resolution that displays the well produced animations and scoring. It fits perfectly where the old speaker panel used to be.

The backglass is made out of thick plastic that has consistency of Plexiglass, but a little more flexible. This looks way better than a plain translite. You have to use your existing plastic pieces from the original backglass to install it successfully, but I was amazed how well it fit nice and snug. Perfect thickness!

Overall the kit includes everything you need without any extra items to purchase separately remembering to use existing hardware and cables. It is all included in the box and installation is simple with 15 steps that should take no more than 30 minutes for the process. The video does a great job walking you through the steps in the order as presented. We followed the instructions carefully and we didn’t change anything else. When we turned on the machine it worked! No issues whatsoever.

Software:
As soon as you turn on the machine it gives you a main menu to choose the classic version or the new code to Rudy’s Nightmare. I don’t know if it can be switched after the game version is selected after booting the machine, but both types worked. The classic version shows the same alphanumeric display simulated by the LCD panel. Pedretti did an excellent job staying true to the original LED display with larger font and best utilized the space of the display. It looks awesome in person and everything functions exactly like the classic game. The nice thing is having the new speakers makes the sound from the classic Funhouse come out clearer with better fidelity than the original speakers.

The whole game changes when you select the new code after the machine boots up. It is a totally different experience in a good way. As soon as the game starts up you will notice that Rudy sounds different. The voice actor doesn’t sound the same, but as you play the game more it starts to grow on you. Before you know it you aren’t thinking about the voice sounding different, but are aware of the many callouts pestering you like classic Rudy and having a blast trying to make the shots to complete the objectives. And there are a lot of callouts with good acting to encourage and intimidate you at the same time. The first thing I noticed is that the mouth movements on the animatronics works perfectly and syncs with the audio to all the new dialogue as well as following the ball with the eyes. Another great thing with the code and dialogue is Rudy is clear communicating what to shoot. You can actually walk up to this game and the display on the playfield directs you exactly where to go to start modes, hit certain shots, time limit, etc. It works so well with the main display.

Speaking of the main display, the animations are top notch with high production value. Vivid colors are evident with clear scoring font to help you where you need to go in the game. The modes are exciting and fun that utilizes every shot on the playfield. It is way more difficult to start multiball and the clock inserts on the playfield work really well with the code. I didn’t have enough time to study the gameplay extensively, but I noticed right away that the clock hands worked differently than the classic version. I know for a fact the hands didn’t move as fast as the original Funhouse.

The soundtrack utilized the original theme nicely with a remixed version, but stays true to the classic version with better audio. Of course there are additional songs to fit with the different modes that still has the same creepy, weird vibe. The sound effects are awesome because they change with the modes. You might hear chimes playing when you hit the pop bumpers and then another mode you might hear a totally different sound. Very clever how they coded that. Overall, mix is good with callouts loud and clear from Rudy and whimsical music to accompany the gameplay.

I was very impressed how the Crazy Steps were utilized in gameplay. It started a unique mode based on a shot up the ramp. At times mulitball started and then it was fun as you were tying to eliminate Rudy zombies indicated by the LCD display. I can’t remember if the Crazy Steps were causing the zombie mode to start or something else on the playfield. It was fun to start and shoot to accomplish the objective. Modes were started by shooting the mirror, but it was great how well you can understand what to do just from the mini display. Utilized very well in the coding!

I wish I paid more attention to the gameplay and rules, but I had limited time because we were shooting the installation video. I can tell you this…. that when we tried out Classic Mode, I was already bored and wanted to explore and play more games with the new code. It is so damn fun like a Funhouse should be. The callouts are hilarious, the gameplay and rules are deep yet understandable, and the music sucks you right in. I definitely want to play more and new code is getting released frequently which will make it even better!

For those of you who ordered a kit you will not be disappointed! And for those of you who have a Funhouse and haven’t purchased a kit you are getting a great value with all the hardware included. It transforms an old Williams game into an entirely different game experience to match with modern pins. Hats off to Planetary Pinball and Pedretti to implement the idea of transforming Williams Classics into modern, fun experiences. If this continues, I can’t wait to see what comes down the pipeline with other titles.

If you are curious about the installation procedure, watch this video. Renopinball.com will be streaming this game in the near future to give you answers to rules and gameplay in more detail. So keep tuned in to Pinside in this thread and at http://www.Renopinball.com. Thanks for taking the time to read this extensive review.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Funhouse: Rudy’s Nightmare Upgrade Kit Review
Jim and I had the opportunity as beta testers to go through the installation procedure and play Funhouse: Rudy’s Nightmare and the game is a perfect example of an upgrade from an older game in the 90s that completely changes gameplay utilizing the original shots from the classic Funhouse game. This first-hand observation is based on early code, but I will go through each of the things I observed intended for the person who orders a kit and wants to know what to expect.
Hardware:
All parts are included for the kit in an inviting box including the FAST Pinball MPU board, PinSound board, speaker assembly with high quality LCD display, mini LCD panel to replace the mirror light board, and all the cabling necessary that consists of USB and HDMI cables. In addition they included art blades, a high quality plastic backglass that is the perfect thickness to the original backglass., and even a T-shirt. Concise detailed instructions are included as well as a video created by Renopinball.com to walk you through the steps with clear explanations.
I have to say that I am not the most experienced to work on pinball machines, but the way the system components in the upgrade kit fit together and install is seamless. I honestly would feel comfortable doing this installation myself and that is saying a lot. I was amazed at how well the new boards substituted the old boards. They fit perfectly with the existing back box with no modifications necessary. Simply unscrewing the boards and sliding them out was effortless after unplugging all the cable connections.
The boards are the highest quality and all the connectors fit perfectly like they did with the original boards. The PinSound board contains the software with a USB dongle and a SD card that provides the code which runs in conjunction with the FAST Pinball board connected with a USB cable. HDMI connections are provided on the Pinsound board to drive the displays
The mini display for the playfield is not that difficult to install. It complements the game well with the funhouse distorted mirror design. The plastic piece to mount it on the posts fits perfectly. Follow the suggestion in the video below to run into less problems getting the display panel to line up properly before bolting it down. It is also important to fish the cables first before mounting the display, which is clearly indicated in the installation instructions.
All the cables are provided with the upgrade kit including all the necessary HDMI cables to run the mini display and speaker panel display. It takes a little work to fish the cables through the opening behind the mini LCD playfield display, but really nice that the connections are at 90 degrees to make it easy to plug in the cables without them getting in the way. In addition to the video cables, USB cables are provided to run power to the mini display along with a USB cable to connect from the FAST Pinball board to the PinSound board. The most challenging part is getting the cables to feed behind the back of the playfield and through the back box. Another thing is the cables are adequate length, but could be longer to give it a little more slack when the playfield is lifted.
The speaker panel display is fully assembled to include high quality speakers with a wide LCD screen. The colors are vibrant with a high resolution that displays the well produced animations and scoring. It fits perfectly where the old speaker panel used to be.
The backglass is made out of high quality thick plastic that has consistency of Plexiglass, but a little more flexible. This looks way better than a plain translite. You have to use your existing plastic pieces from the original backglass to install it successfully, but I was amazed how well it fit nice and snug. Perfect thickness!
Overall the kit includes everything you need without any extra items to purchase separately. It is all included in the box and installation is simple with 15 steps that takes no more than 30 minutes. The video does a great job walking you through the steps in the order as presented. We followed the instructions carefully and we didn’t change anything else. When we turned on the machine it worked! No issues whatsoever.
Software:
As soon as you turn on the machine it gives you a main menu to choose the classic version or the new code to Rudy’s Nightmare. I don’t know if it can be switched while the machine is on, but both types worked. The classic version shows the same alphanumeric display simulated by the LCD panel. Pedretti did an excellent job staying true to the original LED display with larger font and best utilized the space of the display. It looks awesome in person and everything functions exactly like the classic game. The nice thing is having the new speakers makes the sound from the classic Funhouse come out clearer with better fidelity than the original speakers.
The whole game changes when you select the new code after the machine boots up. It is a totally different experience in a good way. As soon as the game starts up you will notice that Rudy sounds different. The voice actor doesn’t sound the same, but as you play the game more it starts to grow on you. Before you know it you aren’t thinking about the voice sounding different, but are aware of the many callouts pestering you like classic Rudy and having a blast trying to make the shots to complete the objectives. And there are a lot of callouts with good acting to encourage and intimidate you at the same time. The first thing I noticed is that the mouth movements on the animatronics works perfectly and syncs with the audio to all the new dialogue as well as following the ball with the eyes. Another great thing with the code and dialogue is Rudy is clear communicating what to shoot. You can actually walk up to this game and the display on the playfield directs you exactly where to go to start modes, hit certain shots, time limit, etc. It works so well with the main display.
Speaking of the main display, the animations are top notch with high production value. Vivid colors are evident with clear scoring font to help you where you need to go in the game. The modes are exciting and fun that utilizes every shot on the playfield. It is way more difficult to start multiball and the clock inserts on the playfield work really well with the code. I didn’t have enough time to study the gameplay extensively, but I noticed right away that the clock hands worked differently than the classic version. I know for a fact the hands didn’t move as fast as the original Funhouse.
The soundtrack utilized the original theme nicely with a remixed version, but stays true to the classic version with higher quality audio. Of course there are additional songs to fit with the different modes that still has the same creepy, weird vibe. The sound effects are awesome because they change with the modes. You might hear chimes playing when you hit the pop bumpers and then another mode you might hear a totally different sound. Very clever how they coded that. Overall, mix is good with callouts loud and clear from Rudy and whimsical music to accompany the gameplay.
I was very impressed how the Crazy Steps were utilized in gameplay. It started a unique mode based on a shot up the ramp. At times mulitball started and then it was fun as you were tying to eliminate Rudy zombies indicated by the LCD display. I can’t remember if the Crazy Steps were causing the zombie mode to start or something else on the playfield. It was fun to start and shoot to accomplish the objective. Modes were started by shooting the mirror, but it was great how well you can understand what to do just from the mini display. Utilized very well in the coding!
I wish I paid more attention to the gameplay and rules, but I had limited time because we were shooting the installation video. I can tell you this…. that when we tried out Classic Mode, I was already bored and wanted to explore and play more games with the new code. It is so damn fun like a Funhouse should be. The callouts are hilarious, the gameplay and rules are deep yet understandable, and the music sucks you right in. I definitely want to play more and new code is getting released frequently which will make it even better!
For those of you who ordered a kit you will not be disappointed! And for those of you who have a Funhouse and haven’t purchased a kit you are getting a great value with all the hardware included. It transforms an old Williams game into an entirely different game experience to match with modern pins. Hats off to Planetary Pinball and Pedretti to implement the idea of transforming Williams Classics into modern, fun experiences. If this continues, I can’t wait to see what comes down the pipeline with other titles.
If you are curious about the installation procedure, watch this video. Renopinball.com will be streaming this game in the near future to give you answers to rules and gameplay in more detail. So keep tuned in to Pinside in this thread and at http://www.Renopinball.com. Thanks for taking the time to read this extensive review.

Great video Mark and Jim !

The only weak point I can see is the plastic support for the mini LCD screen.

Seeing as how the original steel bracket gets beat to crap over the scoop, I wonder how many plays before the lower plastic edge gets broken off.

Im thinking that it should have been made out of steel with a fish paper insulator for the electronics. Or add a Cliffy over it?

I might be able to just modify one of my extra billboard brackets.

I cant wait to get mine, It looks amazing. (Still not sold on the new plastic backglass...I'm sticking with my CPR glass, although I might install the art blades to give the game a cool hybrid look)

#674 2 years ago

Good video, but man why didn't they use encapsulated (keyed) ribbon connectors for those old cables....one of my biggest gripes with those original boards...so easily bent and misaligned....

#675 2 years ago

I’m already in with PPS.
I agree with pinballinreno ’s comments. I also hope someone makes a nicer looking bezel for the playfield LCD.
At this price point it would also be nice also if they included all new ribbon cables and a subwoofer for the cabinet.

#676 2 years ago

One video down. One to go!

#677 2 years ago

Has it ever been mentioned who's idea this was? Who came up with the modes, and is coding?

#678 2 years ago

Install video before gameplay video eh

#679 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Install video before gameplay video eh

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#680 2 years ago

No slack on Pinside

#681 2 years ago

I agree, a lot of hype without much substance. If you're going to throw a bunch of superlatives around, they should be backed up in some way.

Did you pay full price for the kit, or is this a compensated "review"?

with high quality LCD display

What makes it a high quality LCD, say versus an average quality LCD? What panel type? Brightness? Contrast? Response? View angle?

The boards are the highest quality

What makes the boards the highest quality? What's the difference between it and average quality boards? Copper weight? Trace size? Board thickness?

include high quality speakers

What makes all these items high quality?

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I agree, a lot of hype without much substance. If you're going to throw a bunch of superlatives around, they should be backed up in some way.
Did you pay full price for the kit, or is this a compensated "review"?

What makes it a high quality LCD, say versus an average quality LCD? What panel type? Brightness? Contrast? Response? View angle?

What makes the boards the highest quality? What's the difference between it and average quality boards? Copper weight? Trace size? Board thickness?

What makes all these items high quality?

This is EXACTLY why I just want to see an unpolished, multi game video of the kit being played. Little to no talking/salesmanship. Full stop.

#683 2 years ago

Hope you all can end your day and start your morning with positve thoughts of this.

I said it it was coming this by this weekend, I am the first to give you a timeline, so please give me a chance to honor my word.

I have your backs and have a lot of pressure because of that. I will delete my Pinside account if I don't deliver a video by this Sunday ffs.

So, maybe it would be nice for us to hear something like .... "I can't wait to see the video that's coming this weekend" instead? <<< please post all of the gifs you can on it; but once it actually happens...you have to also say....I was wrong or no previous gifs allowed. Deal?

Anyway;

I personally spent 12hrs today working on this today ('free time') with myself AMSNL WizzardRob stumblor (your beta tester team) including Pedretti_Gaming and the software development team. It's crunch time for this weekends video and all is good.

We have been utilizing central bug tracking tools, up to code .74 (many great revisions), have spreadsheets upon spreadsheets, and all of us are on a non-stop discord literally around the clock with around 500-1,000 entries each day. No hype / just facts...in case you were curious.

Don't hate in advance if I'm not as good as SDTM with vids etc...but I will do my best, and it's coming by Sunday

If not, bash on. Till then = "Cheers to you and yours"

P.S. Once we're out of the trenches after this weekend, we will all be more frequent here and happy to answer your questions, prioritize any issues you may have, and hopefully we can all just share how fun it is; together in the end...on a different page perhaps.

i don't know him/her, but kuddos though to Knapp_Arcade for starting this thread

#684 2 years ago

I realize people are curious / impatient, but the reality is there is no pressure on you to put any money down right now. If you aren't interested at this point, why badger? Considering many of you drop 10k on new games with little more than a reveal trailer, it amazes me so many are giving these people so much grief.

#685 2 years ago

I’d certainly like to see the people doing the badgering pony up and make a project like this. I doubt they have the skill set, vision, creativity and knowledge to accomplish it.

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Considering many of you drop 10k on new games with little more than a reveal trailer, it amazes me so many are giving these people so much grief.

I'd venture to guess the people that are asking for more video are not the same as the ones who drop 10k with little more than a reveal trailer.

#687 2 years ago

Thanks for the largely thankless job of being a beta tester. Looking forward to seeing all yall's hard work pay off. I for one am beyond excited.

Mike

Quoted from UVAJED:

Hope you all can end your day and start your morning with positve thoughts of this.
I said it it was coming this by this weekend, I am the first to give you a timeline, so please give me a chance to honor my word.
I have your backs and have a lot of pressure because of that. I will delete my Pinside account if I don't deliver a video by this Sunday ffs.
So, maybe it would be nice for us to hear something like .... "I can't wait to see the video that's coming this weekend" instead? <<< please post all of the gifs you can on it; but once it actually happens...you have to also say....I was wrong or no previous gifs allowed. Deal?
Anyway;
I personally spent 12hrs today working on this today ('free time') with myself AMSNL WizzardRob stumblor (your beta tester team) including Pedretti_Gaming and the software development team. It's crunch time for this weekends video and all is good.
We have been utilizing central bug tracking tools, up to code .74 (many great revisions), have spreadsheets upon spreadsheets, and all of us are on a non-stop discord literally around the clock with around 500-1,000 entries each day. No hype / just facts...in case you were curious.
Don't hate in advance if I'm not as good as SDTM with vids etc...but I will do my best, and it's coming by Sunday
If not, bash on. Till then = "Cheers to you and yours"
P.S. Once we're out of the trenches after this weekend, we will all be more frequent here and happy to answer your questions, prioritize any issues you may have, and hopefully we can all just share how fun it is; together in the end...on a different page perhaps.
i don't know him/her, but kuddos though to Knapp_Arcade for starting this thread

#688 2 years ago

Andrea @ Pedretti (and Janos, the coder) have both been massively appreciative of our efforts. Between that and the knowledge that we've helped in some small way to bring this product to life - that is more than enough!

Videos coming tonight!

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Andrea @ Pedretti (and Janos, the coder) have both been massively appreciative of our efforts. Between that and the knowledge that we've helped in some small way to bring this product to life - that is more than enough!
Videos coming tonight!

Cool! It's gonna be snowing here so it'll give us something to look forward to

#690 2 years ago

I have edited my original review to take out the superfluous superlatives of “highest quality” to give you my honest impression and review of an awesome product. I am really impressed with the work put together from all the parties involved to make this game renewed and rejuvenated to give us tons of fun playing a classic. Can’t wait to see the streams coming! I am still hyped about this game and that is not going to change. But everything I wrote is out of passion for this project including getting zero compensation to create the video. We just wanted to document to the rest of the world how easy it is to convert a classic into a modern pin with the combined work of talented individuals. Thanks to all of you!!!

#691 2 years ago

Not to hijack, but I just got word that Bride of Pinbot 2.0 is going to be re-released. I wonder if it has anything to do with Funhouse 2.0 on the way?

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Not to hijack, but I just got word that Bride of Pinbot 2.0 is going to be re-released. I wonder if it has anything to do with Funhouse 2.0 on the way?

I hate to be Debbie Downer about BoP 2.0, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

#693 2 years ago

Play the original and take it to the next level ALL in the same machine!!

Here comes your gameplay video:

Sorry in advance and please try to ignore my 12,000 "uhh's and umm's" It was 17 takes in (camera issues, phone ringing, computer problems, someone at the door, had to eat, shoveling snow, draining balls issues, repeat..).

I was getting a little impatient, but trying to stay positive. The gameplay hopefully speaks better than I did today; but wanted to get this out there for you all asap. So, here it is, and please don't hate. I will try to do better next time

Disclosure: My personal FH has had some led and clock flashers needing replaced for awhile. E.g. the clock flashers don't flash with the scoop kickout...barely visible leds at times..etc.

Don't pay attention too close to my lighting, or random bad playfield issues, and watch some of the other beta testers vids (coming soon to a channel near you) for the overall gist of the little things like that

Melt the Clone gets progressively harder each time (I didn't explain that)

There are a lot of small things currently being fine tuned (absolutely perfect Rudy's mouth sync is amazing but not perfect, more sfx, more flasher integration, potentially extra modes and difficulty settings, more callouts, little bugs etc. and this will continue to be updated until it is 99.999% polished.

We, beta testers, feel like it's about 95+% how it stands.

Pedretti and Co. are on the ball, keeping things rolling (pun intended), and we will ALL continue to make this a success...and thank you ALL for what you have already contributed with your advice

Different and more fun times are ready to be had NOW in the Funhouse!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Funhouse 2.0 .. Rudy's Nightmare ~

~ Overview ~

- Rudy is having nightmares, nightmares within nightmares, maybe hearing voices, and seems to have potentially multiple personalities?!?
- In order to save Rudy from these horrible dreams, we all need to get through his bad dreams together; so we can bring him back to his 'normal' crazy fun self
- However, in order to do this; we need to acquire some super sweet flipping skills, and, have patience at the same time

~ Objective ~

- Get through all of Rudy's nightmares and modes to get to the wizard mode to "Defeat Evil Rudy" and wake him up...if you can!!!

~ How to ~

- Hit all targets, shoot all lanes, ,scoop, ramp, etc, to collect minutes and have some awesome fun along your journey with Rudy
- Some shots will collect more minutes than others, so chose your shots wisely (risk and reward)
- Once enough minutes are collected, the clock goes to 12 (audible sounds also) and the mini display is lit to start a mode and open the trap door...etc ...more minutes than needed will carry over to help light the next mode
- Play through each mode and skill shot etc, and collect as many points as you can on your way to waking Rudy up
- Cycle through the entire mirror and play all modes to get to the Wizard Mode in order to "Try" to Defeat Evil Rudy (super flippin' skills ONLY apply here)

~ Modes shots focus ~

- Duck Hunt = Ramp
- Hot Dog Combat = Superdog
- Don't You Want a Balloon = Jets and Pop Bumpers
- Rudy and the MonKiss = All targets (Jets collect fast hits to collect the other band members so you can join)
- Evil Clones = Rudy mouth hits
- Melt THE Clone = Shoot the S.T.E.P.'s targets to open Step's Ramp then Shoot ramp then plunge into lit switch (switch difficulty increases each time)
- Nightmare Multiball = (Right after Melt THE Clone) Lock 3 balls in the Hidden Hallway then Shoot the Trapdoor (Jackpot) then shoot Rudy's open mouth (Super Jackpot) and repeat if you can!! HUGE points here, AND available throughout the ENTIRE game. Good luck locking 3 balls to start Nightmare Multiball though

- Scoop Shots = Random Mystery awards
-E.g. Hurry up & Hide (mini mode) = Hit Mirror and Wind tunnel, scoop, or trapdoor to collect the decreasing Jackpot as fast as you can. (The scoop has other awards also)

-Gobble Hole = Advance Steps and Decrease difficulty of Melt the Clone after the 1st time

- Defeat Evil Rudy = Follow the sequence of specific shots by following the on screen instructions. If you can complete it, and defeat him, you have most excellent flipping skills

~ Side Modes and Stacking ~

- If you have enough minutes collected to start another mode ... Duck Hunt, Don't You Want a Balloon, Hot Dog Combat ... can be carried over and stacked into other modes; such as Evil Clones etc.
- What this means is if you are already playing Duck Hunt and start Evil Clones, by hitting the mirror while it's lit, Evil Clones starts but you can still get points from hitting the ramp for Duck Hunt...and it's game on and huge rewards! It also feels like a wizard mode, especially if you can get Duck Hunt, Hot Dog Combat etc going first
-Once the last mode started is drained and timed out, Duck Hunt etc continues playing with its countdown
- Callouts will happen to remind you that there are other modes running, with other shot reminders, while Evil Clones etc...that you and Rudy remember that are still having a nightmare and need to wake up soon...just in case you forget.

- There's more fun than meets they eye here, easter eggs and fireworks everywhere, so have FUN and good luck!!!

#694 2 years ago

More video recorded, and more on the way soon.

Any questions or comments, hit us up in the thread or on PM.

beta team

AMSNL WizzardRob stumblor UVAJED

Also re BoP 2.0 - I'm in!

#695 2 years ago

I'm liking what I see so far in the vids, thanks post posting them.

#696 2 years ago

Thanks UVAJED and stumblor for all your beta testing and putting up these videos.

#697 2 years ago

Thanks for posting the videos. A couple of quick comments:

1) LCDs look great. I mean, really great.
2) Sounds are fine. The new main theme gets just as repetitive in a different, slightly slower way as the original theme.
3) The haunted roller coaster seems fairly throwaway for a mode. Especially if you only have six or so modes. Much rather have that be a random award and another more fleshed out, playable mode take its place.
4) Initial scoring seems fairly unbalanced, with the Nightmare multiball potentially being the majority of the score.
5) Ruleset seems about as shallow as the original Funhouse, and surprisingly similar at first blush, which is a little disappointing. The modes seem fairly basic. I mean, I wasn't expecting Keith Johnson level changes to the rules, but I was hoping for a little more depth to the modes than "hit X shot five times." Even if we're sticking with that, I would have loved to see more personality from Evil Rudy and create more of a narrative to the game. Something like steal the backwards flippers from TSPP and require the player to hit the STEP ramp four times to start a PETS multiball, where Rudy runs AMOK in a pet store letting animals loose. Whatever.
6) The drums on Rudy and the Monkies would get very annoying in a bar environment or on location.
7) I liked the hotdog mode. That said, another hit the target x number of times. Would like to move the required shot around a little more, or even the old alternate the hotdog shot with a ramp requirement to relight the hotdog shot. Something.
8) Didn't see if they had any new skill shots. I like Elwin's use of multiple skill shots available to the player. Possible?
9) No leaderboard or extended high score tables? No Hotdog champion, Clone Killer, etc? Just the regular high scores.

Again, if it sounds like I'm ragging on the game, I'm not. But if feels a little closer to Rudy 1.5 instead of 2.0. What I like, I like a lot, and what I wish for seems doable, but not currently implemented.

For the record, I'm buying one. Just wishing for a little more. Right now it seems like a $2000 upgraded Color DMD with some different sounds and a mildly changed ruleset. It shows a ton of promise, but also a lot of unrealized opportunity. I love it that the game now looks like a modern-era game -- but I wish the ruleset was closer to this decade than 1990.

Mike

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Thanks for posting the videos. A couple of quick comments:
Right now it seems like a $2000 upgraded Color DMD with some different sounds and a mildly changed ruleset. It shows a ton of promise, but also a lot of unrealized opportunity. I love it that the game now looks like a modern-era game -- but I wish the ruleset was closer to this decade that 1990.
Mike

You can always buy a Stern topper instead.

toppers (resized).jpgtoppers (resized).jpg
#699 2 years ago

Nice work guys - looks super fun!

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Play the original and take it to the next level ALL in the same machine!!
Here comes your gameplay video:
Sorry in advance and please try to ignore my 12,000 "uhh's and umm's" It was 17 takes in (camera issues, phone ringing, computer problems, someone at the door, had to eat, shoveling snow, draining balls issues, repeat..).
I was getting a little impatient, but trying to stay positive. The gameplay hopefully speaks better than I did today; but wanted to get this out there for you all asap. So, here it is, and please don't hate. I will try to do better next time
Disclosure: My personal FH has had some led and clock flashers needing replaced for awhile. E.g. the clock flashers don't flash with the scoop kickout...barely visible leds at times..etc.
Don't pay attention too close to my lighting, or random bad playfield issues, and watch some of the other beta testers vids (coming soon to a channel near you) for the overall gist of the little things like that
Melt the Clone gets progressively harder each time (I didn't explain that)
There are a lot of small things currently being fine tuned (absolutely perfect Rudy's mouth sync is amazing but not perfect, more sfx, more flasher integration, potentially extra modes and difficulty settings, more callouts, little bugs etc. and this will continue to be updated until it is 99.999% polished.
We, beta testers, feel like it's about 95+% how it stands.
Pedretti and Co. are on the ball, keeping things rolling (pun intended), and we will ALL continue to make this a success...and thank you ALL for what you have already contributed with your advice
Different and more fun times are ready to be had NOW in the Funhouse!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Funhouse 2.0 .. Rudy's Nightmare ~
~ Overview ~
- Rudy is having nightmares, nightmares within nightmares, maybe hearing voices, and seems to have potentially multiple personalities?!?
- In order to save Rudy from these horrible dreams, we all need to get through his bad dreams together; so we can bring him back to his 'normal' crazy fun self
- However, in order to do this; we need to acquire some super sweet flipping skills, and, have patience at the same time
~ Objective ~
- Get through all of Rudy's nightmares and modes to get to the wizard mode to "Defeat Evil Rudy" and wake him up...if you can!!!
~ How to ~
- Hit all targets, shoot all lanes, ,scoop, ramp, etc, to collect minutes and have some awesome fun along your journey with Rudy
- Some shots will collect more minutes than others, so chose your shots wisely (risk and reward)
- Once enough minutes are collected, the clock goes to 12 (audible sounds also) and the mini display is lit to start a mode and open the trap door...etc ...more minutes than needed will carry over to help light the next mode
- Play through each mode and skill shot etc, and collect as many points as you can on your way to waking Rudy up
- Cycle through the entire mirror and play all modes to get to the Wizard Mode in order to "Try" to Defeat Evil Rudy (super flippin' skills ONLY apply here)
~ Modes shots focus ~
- Duck Hunt = Ramp
- Hot Dog Combat = Superdog
- Don't You Want a Balloon = Jets and Pop Bumpers
- Rudy and the MonKiss = All targets (Jets collect fast hits to collect the other band members so you can join)
- Evil Clones = Rudy mouth hits
- Melt THE Clone = Shoot the S.T.E.P.'s targets to open Step's Ramp then Shoot ramp then plunge into lit switch (switch difficulty increases each time)
- Nightmare Multiball = (Right after Melt THE Clone) Lock 3 balls in the Hidden Hallway then Shoot the Trapdoor (Jackpot) then shoot Rudy's open mouth (Super Jackpot) and repeat if you can!! HUGE points here, AND available throughout the ENTIRE game. Good luck locking 3 balls to start Nightmare Multiball though
- Scoop Shots = Random Mystery awards
-E.g. Hurry up & Hide (mini mode) = Hit Mirror and Wind tunnel, scoop, or trapdoor to collect the decreasing Jackpot as fast as you can. (The scoop has other awards also)
-Gobble Hole = Advance Steps and Decrease difficulty of Melt the Clone after the 1st time
- Defeat Evil Rudy = Follow the sequence of specific shots by following the on screen instructions. If you can complete it, and defeat him, you have most excellent flipping skills
~ Side Modes and Stacking ~
- If you have enough minutes collected to start another mode ... Duck Hunt, Don't You Want a Balloon, Hot Dog Combat ... can be carried over and stacked into other modes; such as Evil Clones etc.
- What this means is if you are already playing Duck Hunt and start Evil Clones, by hitting the mirror while it's lit, Evil Clones starts but you can still get points from hitting the ramp for Duck Hunt...and it's game on and huge rewards! It also feels like a wizard mode, especially if you can get Duck Hunt, Hot Dog Combat etc going first
-Once the last mode started is drained and timed out, Duck Hunt etc continues playing with its countdown
- Callouts will happen to remind you that there are other modes running, with other shot reminders, while Evil Clones etc...that you and Rudy remember that are still having a nightmare and need to wake up soon...just in case you forget.
- There's more fun than meets they eye here, easter eggs and fireworks everywhere, so have FUN and good luck!!!

Thank you for posting an unfiltered gameplay video. I truly appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/14?hl=joshwiseman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.