right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 61.
#601 2 years ago

Received email from PPS to place a deposit, done.

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I get it, but I don't necessarily agree. I already know how the game shoots, which is typically how I choose. I don't care to see every aspect of this since it is simply a rule change...the overall game is not going to change THAT much. Is it a lot of money? Yeah...it is, and may not be worth it in the end....but it's still cheaper than a NiB :p or used for that matter.

Okay, but what if the new rules aren’t that good? What if the music/sounds/animations, etc are not up to par? Personally, I’m done with this silly pinball world game of plunking down money without even seeing a finished product. The stand up approach is to release the beta testers to post full gameplay video BEFORE asking for money. Anything else comes off as shady and/or insecure behavior no matter how you spin it.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

The stand up approach is to release the beta testers to post full gameplay video BEFORE asking for money. Anything else comes off as shady and/or insecure behavior no matter how you spin it.

If you want to wait til you see full gameplay, then wait til you see full gameplay and order it then. Preorders are for those who want it first. They're taking preorders so they know how many kits to make initially. If you want to wait and order later, no one is stopping you.

Your "shady and insecure" comment is ridiculous.

#604 2 years ago

Okay, but what if the new rules aren’t that good? What if the music/sounds/animations, etc are not up to par? Personally, I’m done with this silly pinball world game of plunking down money without even seeing a finished product. The stand up approach is to release the beta testers to post full gameplay video BEFORE asking for money. Anything else comes off as shady and/or insecure behavior no matter how you spin it.

Yeah, but to be fair, it's just a deposit to gauge serious interest. You can always get it back. They said they will post more gameplay soon. And you are not wrong and there is no harm in waiting as these are not a limited release.

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I get it, but I don't necessarily agree. I already know how the game shoots, which is typically how I choose. I don't care to see every aspect of this since it is simply a rule change...the overall game is not going to change THAT much. Is it a lot of money? Yeah...it is, and may not be worth it in the end....but it's still cheaper than a NiB :p or used for that matter.

Yeah, it just rubs me the wrong way when companies and/or distributors start asking for money when the product isn't even far enough along to show a decent video of the gameplay. Especially when it's a new company with no track record.

More often than not they claim shipping in 'x' number of weeks/months and it ends up being many multiples of that, if at all.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Received email from PPS to place a deposit, done.

After I saw your post, checked my email and got the same thing. Placed my deposit! Still waiting on cabinet decals, but everything else is here to start my restoration to include new playfield, ramps, plastics, etc. yay!!!!!

Assuming I will get the kit before my preorder of godzilla. Will be great to have a 2 for 1 game this kit offers!

#607 2 years ago

Apparently we are forbidden to ask for updates or gameplay in regard to this kit even if we prepaid via cointaker. Supposedly people had to wait years for other things in pinball in the past so that is the norm and if you have a different opinion you must gtfo.

I do feel that this will come out and be great. I ordered my kit day one because I trust the companies involved. The only wild card in my opinion is Pedretti.

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, but to be fair, it's just a deposit to gauge serious interest.

Perhaps I'm being cynical but I suspect there's more to it than that. Time and again we see how hype and the possiblity of what might be, pre-sells games. I think they know that once people have money in they're more likely to go ahead with their purchase versus placing a new order after the game is fully revealed.

Doesn't mean the game won't be great, just means that regardless of how good it is they get more sales.

#609 2 years ago

Hi,

I received an email from Planetary Pinball this afternoon regarding placing a deposit for the Funhouse upgrade. The link in their email took us to Miva but was unable to log in to that site. Do we go to the Planetary Pinball site to place our deposit? Thanks.

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from retropins:

Hi,
I received an email from Planetary Pinball this afternoon regarding placing a deposit for the Funhouse upgrade. The link in their email took us to Miva but was unable to log in to that site. Do we go to the Planetary Pinball site to place our deposit? Thanks.

Should go to PPS product page for FH2.0. Try this link

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-KIT-RUDY-NIGHTMARE

#611 2 years ago

Reserved! Looking forward to it... now off to get some new ramps~

#612 2 years ago

Thank you for help. Greatly appreciated.

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from retropins:

Hi,

I received this too. I just went to the PPS website, found the link and paid.

#614 2 years ago

I have put in my deposit as well even though I feel like it would have been nice to see the play video before they took a deposit. I felt comfortable doing so since it is 100% refundable (seller putting money where their mouth is since I can back out).

Question - I've never owned a pinsound and I don't think I've played a game with one installed before. I assume since these sell so well amongst pinsiders that it will improve the sound of Funhouse even while I'm playing the "original" game? Is that another advantage to owning this setup?

#615 2 years ago

Looking at the Pinsound XL card, it has two HDMI ports, so it's a bit different than the standard boards.

https://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-xl

I have a pinsound in my TZ and it helped pump up the sound since it has adjustments for treble, mids, bass.

#616 2 years ago

does this replace the amp then? I assume it wouldn't make TOO much of a difference unless you replaced the speakers as well.

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Looking at the Pinsound XL card, it has two HDMI ports, so it's a bit different than the standard boards.
I have a pinsound in my TZ and it helped pump up the sound since it has adjustments for treble, mids, bass. This XL card doesn't look like those dials are there on the card. Maybe it's done in software?

Dials are on the middle of the card.

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

does this replace the amp then? I assume it wouldn't make TOO much of a difference unless you replaced the speakers as well.

Kit comes with "new high quality speakers"...

Maybe my question should be worded this way - can pinsound really improve a games sound if the sound samples were already downgraded? Or does it just make the "old sound" slightly better.

Or do people that invest in Pinsound only do so in order to download custom sounds?

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I completely missed that.

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Dials are on the middle of the card.

totally missed that, need a better pictures, they looked like caps when blowing it up.

#621 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

I have a pinsound in my TZ and it helped pump up the sound since it has adjustments for treble, mids, bass.

I have PinSound for both my TZ and IJ. Sound adjustments can be made on the sound card. Depending on the machine, there are diferent sound compiles that other people did and you can just down load from PinSounds web site.

Hope this helpd

#622 2 years ago

Maybe my question should be worded this way - can pinsound really improve a games sound if the sound samples were already downgraded? Or does it just make the "old sound" slightly better.
Or do people that invest in Pinsound only do so in order to download custom sounds?

I don't really have any experience with it. Most people use it to change the sounds. It isn't going to improve bad sound, but a 'new soundsystem' backend may help in a very minor way. The different speakers will do more to improve the sound than the pinsound itself, and I think in most cases people change all of that at the same time.

#623 2 years ago

Alhough I've played the 2.0 version that was a while ago and surely rules and stuff have been fixed/updated so I'm eager to see a professional video showcasing the final product too. Wasn't it supposed to be shown about now?

#624 2 years ago

Yep! Something great is going to happen!
Game play video is going to happen after the "Beta tester dream team approval"!
Stay tuned!

#625 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Game play video is going to happen after the "Beta tester dream team approval"!

Sweet! Can’t wait.

My deposit is paid, waiting for final invoice.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 2 years ago

They will do Wirlwind and earthshaker next. Top 3 sys 11s with FH. I admit if I knew an ES kit was coming I'd start saving now.

#627 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm the kit includes the speaker upgrade?

I read some posts before in this thread that yes included... however, I don't see anything in the pictures or offerings of the kit indicating 3 new speakers are included.

Thanks
Kerry

#628 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I read some posts before in this thread that yes included... however, I don't see anything in the pictures or offerings of the kit indicating 3 new speakers are included.
Thanks
Kerry

Hey Kerry. It's just the 2 speaker panel speakers left and right of the new dmd. No bottom cabinet speaker.

#629 2 years ago

Thanks Eric... 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

#630 2 years ago

Thanks Eric... 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

i see what you did there.

#631 2 years ago

Thanks
Kerry

I have put in my deposit as well even though I feel like it would have been nice to see the play video before they took a deposit. I felt comfortable doing so since it is 100% refundable (seller putting money where their mouth is since I can back out).
Question - I've never owned a pinsound and I don't think I've played a game with one installed before. I assume since these sell so well amongst pinsiders that it will improve the sound of Funhouse even while I'm playing the "original" game? Is that another advantage to owning this setup?

2 front speakers are included.

The pinsound XL features an on board bass boost and equalizer, that alone in my opinion improves the sound ALOT. Not to mention its a stereo setup. Bass boost is also very noticable.

With pinsound you are fre to exchange every individual sound and callout as you like because they are just stored as individual wav sound files on the corresponding usb drive. You can use original sound data or chose an alternative sound pack from the download section or create your own

#632 2 years ago

Hoping to lose enough weight to fit into the large Tshirt

#633 2 years ago

speaking of speaker upgrades does anybody have a recommendation for a bass speaker upgrade?

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hoping to lose enough weight to fit into the large Tshirt

Or hope that they’re going with Midwestern sizing!

I once went to buy a shirt in Wisconsin while visiting for a funeral. There was a Walmart across the road from our hotel. I walked over there to get a tee shirt. (For the life of me, I can’t remember why I needed a new tee shirt in the middle of a trip.) I’m a tall, skinny dude. Nothing fits me quite right. I normally go with extra large tee shirts even though they are a bit roomy around the torso.

When I found the shirts, I rifled through the stack and found an XL. That sucker was like a five person tent! I found another one, thinking it was simply mislabeled. Nope. All the XL shirts were big enough to pitch several sleeping bags in. I wound up buying a medium. Apparently, California and Wisconsin do not share a common size language.

#635 2 years ago

Or hope that they’re going with Midwestern sizing!
I once went to buy a shirt in Wisconsin while visiting for a funeral. There was a Walmart across the road from our hotel. I walked over there to get a tee shirt. (For the life of me, I can’t remember why I needed a new tee shirt in the middle of a trip.) I’m a tall, skinny dude. Nothing fits me quite right. I normally go with extra large tee shirts even though they are a bit roomy around the torso.
When I found the shirts, I rifled through the stack and found an XL. That sucker was like a five person tent! I found another one, thinking it was simply mislabeled. Nope. All the XL shirts were big enough to pitch several sleeping bags in. I wound up buying a medium. Apparently, California and Wisconsin do not share a common size language.

So I should move west and consider myself a medium! Sweet!

#636 2 years ago

I would not be surprised if the shirts are European sized since it's an Italian company. Sizes are really small.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

I would not be surprised if the shirts are European sized since it's an Italian company. Sizes are really small.

An Italian friend and I went out together and bought suits one day from his favorite suit factory up in the mountains of Northern Italy. The place actually raises their own wool and makes their own cloth. It was super cool except that he and the tailors insisted that I buy this really tight (to my taste) suit. Wouldn’t even sell me the size I wanted, insisting that the one I wanted made me look like David Byrne in Stop Making Sense.

#638 2 years ago

Looking forward to the video! If I like it, I'm in!!

#639 2 years ago

Trust me the t shirt is XL and it’s really XL

#640 2 years ago

But is it Scandinavian XL or midwest USA XL?

#641 2 years ago

Here how is this for size ref

Picture colors are off due to my settings

F899163F-47A0-4653-8320-5BAEB1A66A20 (resized).jpegF899163F-47A0-4653-8320-5BAEB1A66A20 (resized).jpeg
#642 2 years ago

Haven't heard anything from cointaker yet and ordered first few minutes was shown! Will shoot then an email

#643 2 years ago

Same already paid in full - can you post update if you hear back?

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Haven't heard anything from cointaker yet and ordered first few minutes was shown! Will shoot then an email

#644 2 years ago

I’ve been away from pinball for about two months working on an old truck restoration. It’s hard to catch up after two months of Pinside!
Just caught up on this thread and put a deposit down with PPS. Any idea how many have sold so far?

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

old truck restoration.

Would love to see pics...

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Paging @Tractordoc

#647 2 years ago

Mikey want Rudy’s Nightmare. Mikey like!

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

A FunHouse 2.0 diversion...
1950 Chevy truck my grandfather bought new. It’s sat in northern California since his passing in 1982. I shipped it to FL where my dad can supervise the restoration. I’ll keep the patina, but it’s getting a new RoadsterShop chassis, crate Chevy LS3, tranny, new brakes, glass, rubber, electrical, interior and on and on... all will be new except the awesome patina.

Now, back to FH 2.0...

9131761A-8F57-4EA0-93B6-F0D23272B631 (resized).jpeg9131761A-8F57-4EA0-93B6-F0D23272B631 (resized).jpegB798E7F0-7A87-49E9-83E8-76E86842DE7B (resized).jpegB798E7F0-7A87-49E9-83E8-76E86842DE7B (resized).jpegFC08C6A8-0A21-46B0-B862-9E92D155126A (resized).jpegFC08C6A8-0A21-46B0-B862-9E92D155126A (resized).jpeg

#649 2 years ago

Glad to hear you’re leaving the patina- it’s wonderful!

#650 2 years ago

Did the studebaker come ether the truck?
1957?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/13?hl=skatewake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.