right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 61.
#551 2 years ago

I paid in full to Cointaker - and for that I’m hoping I get one of the first kits. Or I’ll be proven a fool.

Where I do agree is what is the issue with pinball companies and communication. We don’t need the whole story - just an update to keep us going.

EDIT: And by this I mean from Pedretti - not Cointaker. I understand CT is waiting for their allotment.

#552 2 years ago

Exactly

Quoted from djsolzs:

I paid in full to Cointaker - and for that I’m hoping I get one of the first kits. Or I’ll be proven a fool.
Where I do agree is what is the issue with pinball companies and communication. We don’t need the whole story - just an update to keep us going.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

If anything I would dispute the charges. I had high hopes even though I know better.

It’s irresponsible for a company to suggest a ship date and show a seemingly “polished” product only to avoid actually showing the real product in any meaningful manner and not being able to deliver.

Newby's Lol....

I waited 7 years for a Diner playfield and bought it sight unseen...

Waiting 4 years for a Stargate playfield and will buy it sight unseen....etc...

Buy it, dont buy it, Whatever, lol

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Once I placed my reserve order on planetary pinball, I received an email saying I was on the list. Plus no money exchanged. I know Cointaker has a preorder as well that requires only $1.
No idea when this will truly come out. But I am patient. Want it to be correct out the gate. Plus need time to restore my game, only just got the new playfield in!! Also preordered a Godzilla premium and was told it may ship March of 2023! Yep, very patient, and so far, out zero cash.

Has anyone else got confirmation email? I still have not.
Did it first day asap !!

#555 2 years ago

I sent an email almost instantly a

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Has anyone else got confirmation email? I still have not.
Did it first day asap !!

I signed up immediately and I dont recall a confirmation.

#556 2 years ago

I suppose I will chime in and simply say hello first

I'm not a spokesperson for anyone...just a hard working beta tester for this. I have put in 100+ over the last 2 1/2 weeks; as I'm sure the other beta testers have as well. I'm happy to report, that I; and the amazing Funhouse (and Rudy) held up against all odds.

It was 'good' when we received our kits, but we (know the game inside-out/code/electronically..etc like you too) won't settle for anything less than almost perfect because neither should you.

Every suggestion all of you have made on this post has been taken to heart.

It would be much easier to pay for a finished/polished product than want it just as bad as I/we do, than also have to work and wait for it too. So, relax and get yourself a hot dog. We all have your backs.

Quoted from Lopa:

The point is that I feel that Pedretti is setting an irresponsible precedent.

Pedretti Gaming and Co. is listening to all of you and all of us. Once you get this kit you will see why! Maybe they jumped in the deep end too fast / maybe they didn't?!?

They have the same intentions in the end, as all of us did when we first saw the promo video, for all of us.

Does anyone honestly want this sort of rejuvenation of an old school fkn awesome pin to go away? I don't, anyway, and will continue to work tirelessly for it to keep going and give them a chance/hard time until it's a golden egg....and have...smfh....patience.

Quoted from MC35:

Is there a published wait-list. I have yet to receive confirmation that I'm on it.

Everyone who put his/her name on the 'waitlist' by entering their email, is on the list to get their kit asap (as soon as possible<<btw). This is not necessarily a limited run, but the initial demand will meet as close to the initial supply as possible (from what I know), and keep going as long as there's a demand.

I am absolutely exhausted and need to sign off for now bc of non-pin related things...too. I sincerely hope I helped answer some of your questions/concerns. Post away and I will hopefully be able to chime back in tomorrow evening and help/give some heads-up the best I can.

"Give care" till then.

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

I'm not a spokesperson for anyone...just a hard working beta tester for this. I have put in 100+ over the last 2 1/2 weeks; as I'm sure the other beta testers have as well. I'm happy to report, that I; and the amazing Funhouse (and Rudy) held up against all odds.
It was 'good' when we received our kits, but we (know the game inside-out/code/electronically..etc like you too) won't settle for anything less than almost perfect because neither should you.
It would be much easier to pay for a finished/polished product than want it just as bad as I/we do, than also have to work and wait for it too. So, relax and get yourself a hot dog. We all have your backs.

Pedretti Gaming and Co. is listening to all of you and all of us. Once you get this kit you will see why! Maybe they jumped in the deep end too fast / maybe they didn't?!?
They have the same intentions in the end, as all of us did when we first saw the promo video, for all of us.
Does anyone honestly want this sort of rejuvenation of an old school fkn awesome pin to go away? I don't, anyway, and will continue to work tirelessly for it to keep going and give them a chance/hard time until it's a golden egg....and have...smfh....patience.

Everyone who put his/her name on the 'waitlist' by entering their email, is on the list to get their kit asap (as soon as possible<<btw). This is not necessarily a limited run, but the initial demand will meet as close to the initial supply as possible (from what I know), and keep going as long as there's a demand.
I am absolutely exhausted and need to sign off for now bc of non-pin related things...too. I sincerely hope I helped answer some of your questions/concerns. Post away and I will hopefully be able to chime back in tomorrow evening and help/give some heads-up the best I can.
"Give care" till then.

Still, waiting for Mario/Wario voices....

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

The point is that I feel that Pedretti is setting an irresponsible precedent

Then don't buy it ..
First world problem..

#559 2 years ago

Boom perfect, that’s all I was looking for.

Thanks!

Quoted from UVAJED:

"Give care" till then.

#560 2 years ago

You think that since you had to endure such foolishness that it’s acceptable moving forward? That’s a weird flex but okay.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Newby's Lol....
I waited 7 years for a Diner playfield and bought it sight unseen...
Waiting 4 years for a Stargate playfield and will buy it sight unseen....etc...
Buy it, dont buy it, Whatever, lol

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

You think that since you had to endure such foolishness that it’s acceptable moving forward? That’s a weird flex but okay.

Not foolishness at all.

Its all part of the game.

I just finished a Super High End resto on my Funhouse.

I used up most of the NOS parts that I had collected over a 20 year period for this restore.

Its an awesome game and better than factory ever was lol.

Part of pinball is P A T I E N C E...

PS, Thanks Rick for getting us new eyeballs for this amazing game (at least 10 years in the making), those translucent ones look WAY COOL!

Now lets get those faces made!

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Thanks Rick for getting us new eyeballs for this amazing game (at least 10 years in the making), those translucent ones look WAY COOL!

What? Translucent? Who makes that? Or was that from the past? Would love to have that on my restoration.

#563 2 years ago

Hello to everyone!

Sorry Lopa but I don't follow you... Pedretti didn't asked a penny or open a "Rush" for buy limited sport etc.
The whole project is paid by us not with preorders money. IF you paid money are not here.
We just said the project is true, we are working on it and we are going to finish in the end of December.
I speak clearly and honestly always. We send monthly newsletters to distributors... If there are problems about lead time etc ask to they.
We are on 14th of Jan and (with a delay of 1month) we can say kit are approved and at the final stage (code wise)
Our company is working hard and daily on the project to provide kits as a reasonable price and the best experience from day one.

No, we are not going to have a stereotype Italian voice, CALLOUTS are made by MARC SILK well-know voice actor (He Made TMNT Stern too).

Next week Beta testers are going to upload videos pictures etc.. Patience a little more.
I think is fair wait 1Month more for have a better product from day one.
We choose to work with Pinsider Beta testers because we care about community.

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Hello to everyone!
Sorry Lopa but I don't follow you... Pedretti didn't asked a penny or open a "Rush" for buy limited sport etc.
The whole project is paid by us not with preorders money. IF you paid money are not here.
We just said the project is true, we are working on it and we are going to finish in the end of December.
I speak clearly and honestly always. We send monthly newsletters to distributors... If there are problems about lead time etc ask to they.
We are on 14th of Jan and (with a delay of 1month) we can say kit are approved and at the final stage (code wise)
Our company is working hard and daily on the project to provide kits as a reasonable price and the best experience from day one.
No, we are not going to have a stereotype Italian voice, CALLOUTS are made by MARC SILK well-know voice actor (He Made TMNT Stern too).
Next week Beta testers are going to upload videos pictures etc.. Patience a little more.

keep up the good work, and don't let a bunch of crybaby brats get you sidetracked. Life happens sometimes........the finished product will speak for itself.

#565 2 years ago

Thanks for a update that’s all I personally was interested in. Take your time no need to rush the product. We are all excited

Hello to everyone!

#566 2 years ago

Hello to everyone!

Gotta ignore the tough guys behind their keyboards. Easy for them to spout off when you cant reach out and punch em in the nose. This add-on looks awesome and I am happy to wait till it’s ready. Ignore the idiots.

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

What? Translucent? Who makes that? Or was that from the past? Would love to have that on my restoration.

Ok saw it on the funhouse thread and ordered translucent and regular from planetary pinball. Sweet. Should look great lit up!
Nice they already have the grommets installed. Mine does not have them.

Eyes (resized).jpegEyes (resized).jpeg
#568 2 years ago

How will you light it up?

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Ok saw it on the funhouse thread and ordered translucent and regular from planetary pinball. Sweet. Should look great lit up!
[quoted image]

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

[quoted image]

I was thinking, maybe add two leds behind each eye, one for "normal GI" light, probably white/yellow-ish lit when playing and another with say red color to activate in multiball or similar game mode. That could look spectacular as a custom mod.

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

[quoted image]

Translucent light up eyes?

What, is Rudy already not creepy enough for you all?

#571 2 years ago

No, we are not going to have a stereotype Italian voice

Oh well it doesnt hurt to dream

#572 2 years ago

look im not here to take any side im not on the payrole,even tho im a beta tester for this game. People complaining that it should release in december, we are now in the beginning of jan so about 3/4 weeks later then was said because they want to give you a great game and im not even talking about supply demand......

my hands have blisters from testing haha

Order a new machine @ jjp/stern etc etc and they promise you 6 month and it will be a year. look @ elvira orders they dont even make them this year but they took your money.

trust me when i say it wont be long,were talking few weeks tops not months. release videos on gameplay etc etc will also be next week or the week after . and if you dont like it then dont buy as you can't please everyone

for now play pinball on the machines you have and enjoy and be safe!

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

The point is that I feel that Pedretti is setting an irresponsible precedent.

Or perhaps they heard all the feedback and are making some changes to satisfy a bigger percentage of people which in turns makes for a better game? I for one am happy they are taking their time and getting it right the first time!

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Or perhaps they heard all the feedback and are making some changes to satisfy a bigger percentage of people which in turns makes for a better game? I for one am happy they are taking their time and getting it right the first time!

#575 2 years ago

Sending full payment went it isn't required sounds like a personal problem to me.

#576 2 years ago

When it first went up it was the only option through Cointaker- not a personal choice

Quoted from Jvspin:

Sending full payment went it isn't required sounds like a personal problem to me.

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

If anything I would dispute the charges.

Not everyone may know this but when you dispute charges it costs the vendor money (they have to pay their processor fees for the dispute on top of the credit card fees they already likely paid). Disputes should be "last resort" when the vendor doesn't talk to you or respond to you or has actually done something wrong.

If you paid for something and you want your money back - just ask for it back. Communicating with someone is always better than burning a bridge. Remember we have a handful of pinball suppliers available to us. We need them to be successful as it generally lifts the hobby.

#578 2 years ago

Hello to everyone!

I have my whole $1 down payment with email from CT. I'm in on this 100% even if it takes until the end of the year. Do not rush it out. Take your time and make it right. Pinball has been a waiting game for years. Most of us can wait.

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

When it first went up it was the only option through Cointaker- not a personal choice

Quoted from arcademojo:

I have my whole $1 down payment with email from CT. I'm in on this 100% even if it takes until the end of the year. Do not rush it out. Take your time and make it right. Pinball has been a waiting game for years. Most of us can wait.

I'm confused...

Strange that Cointaker required full payment at that time when no one else was and then didn't require full payment later.

If that was the case, I'll take back my "personal problem" comment and make it a "distributor problem".

#580 2 years ago

Yeah they changed it from full to $1 I think because people complained about taking full payment without a delivery date.

Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm confused...
Strange that Cointaker required full payment at that time when no one else was and then didn't require full payment later.
If that was the case, I'll take back my "personal problem" comment and make it a "distributor problem".

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Yeah they changed it from full to $1 I think because people complained about taking full payment without a delivery date.

Yup. No way would I send money until I know the product is finished to a point they can start shipping. Of course even then with anything pinball I expect some setbacks.

#582 2 years ago

I was very excited when the kit was announced. I wavered a little due to the voice. Now, I am sold. There is an air of professionalism around the team and the work they are doing to get everything right before they release the kit. I believe in them. Please don’t disappoint me.

And please, begin the work on Whirlwind 2.0!

#583 2 years ago

For those on the Planetary Pinball "RESERVE" list for the RUDY NIGHTMARE Kit:

Just wanted to let everyone know the process for PPS once the product is given a go ahead:
- PPS will start taking deposits for the game in a few days(?) - just waiting for the message from Pedretti
- we will be asking for $300 which is refundable (30 days max if request to refund)
- We will send a message to all those on the RESERVE list indicating that the DEPOSIT (not the kit) is now available
- This means the DEPOSIT is now available to 'purchase' on the store (not the kit ... yet)
- For those on the reserve list we will ask for deposits by Jan 31, 2022 - again thru the store
- After Jan 31 anyone not sending in a deposit will be removed from the reserve list.
- When deposit is received you will be offered the kit as they come in in the order where you are on the reserve list
- We cannot tell you a good answer on 'where' you are on the list due to allocation as well as not know how many reserve people will follow thru
- When we know kits are inbound to us within about 1-2 weeks we will ask for final payment in order of where you are based on the reservation list.
- Then the kits will be shipped.
- Anyone can 'order' the DEPOSIT, and will go at the end of those on the reserve list that follow thru.

I expect most dealers need deposits to give Pedretti a 'hard' numbers of orders and PPS will do it this way and will input these numbers to Pedretti of how many kits +/- we will need to order. A reservation (past experience) is not sufficient to determine a good number of those who are serious buyers.

We expect a smallish number of kits to be shipping in the next couple of weeks, and then a large batch in Feb. As we don't know exactly how many reservations will translate to real orders the hope would be a few months up to 5-6 months to get all the orders shipped. Note, that Pedretti will be allocating kits between all of their resellers internationally, so it's not clear to any reseller how many kits then will get in each batch.

Sorry if this is confusing but it's a function of deposits and the reserve list which we are going to preserve, as well as the allocation of available kits against the total purchased.

I can say that it sounds like there is good news on having all of the major components of the kits in the pipeline, also that the game having had a little time to get alot of beta testers has evolved into what I believe to be a solid enjoyable upgrade to Funhouse.

Team PPS

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

For those on the Planetary Pinball "RESERVE" list for the RUDY NIGHTMARE Kit:
Just wanted to let everyone know the process for PPS once the product is given a go ahead:
- PPS will start taking deposits for the game in a few days(?) - just waiting for the message from Pedretti
- we will be asking for $300 which is refundable (30 days max if request to refund)
- We will send a message to all those on the RESERVE list indicating that the DEPOSIT (not the kit) is now available
- This means the DEPOSIT is now available to 'purchase' on the store (not the kit ... yet)
- For those on the reserve list we will ask for deposits by Jan 31, 2022 - again thru the store
- After Jan 31 anyone not sending in a deposit will be removed from the reserve list.
- When deposit is received you will be offered the kit as they come in in the order where you are on the reserve list
- We cannot tell you a good answer on 'where' you are on the list due to allocation as well as not know how many reserve people will follow thru
- When we know kits are inbound to us within about 1-2 weeks we will ask for final payment in order of where you are based on the reservation list.
- Then the kits will be shipped.
- Anyone can 'order' the DEPOSIT, and will go at the end of those on the reserve list that follow thru.
I expect most dealers need deposits to give Pedretti a 'hard' numbers of orders and PPS will do it this way and will input these numbers to Pedretti of how many kits +/- we will need to order. A reservation (past experience) is not sufficient to determine a good number of those who are serious buyers.
We expect a smallish number of kits to be shipping in the next couple of weeks, and then a large batch in Feb. As we don't know exactly how many reservations will translate to real orders the hope would be a few months up to 5-6 months to get all the orders shipped. Note, that Pedretti will be allocating kits between all of their resellers internationally, so it's not clear to any reseller how many kits then will get in each batch.
Sorry if this is confusing but it's a function of deposits and the reserve list which we are going to preserve, as well as the allocation of available kits against the total purchased.
I can say that it sounds like there is good news on having all of the major components of the kits in the pipeline, also that the game having had a little time to get alot of beta testers has evolved into what I believe to be a solid enjoyable upgrade to Funhouse.
Team PPS

Hoping that a real game play video will be shown within the 30 days of submitting a deposit.

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Hoping that a real game play video will be shown within the 30 days of submitting a deposit.

my expectation is the customers should see what they are buying before they buy it.

Agreed.

#586 2 years ago

Looking forward to getting that email to make my deposit!

I keep buying up stuff for my restoration, can’t wait to see this game all new from components to programming! Just played it again before going to sleep. Such a fun and challenging game.

Maybe that’s why I love those 90s pins so much. Accessible yet hard to master.

#587 2 years ago

I’m chomping at the bit for this upgrade. Count on my deposit ASAP

#588 2 years ago

Received the email confirming how to put in my down payment etc....

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m chomping at the bit for this upgrade

Mickey wants upgrade !

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Mickey wants upgrade !

Mikey likes! Mikey want!

#591 2 years ago

Even Mikey tasted his breakfast cereal before liking it. Mikey want video!

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I purchased my kit early on day 1 and it’s been radio silence since the “gameplay” video.
We were told originally the kits would ship as early as January. I’m really disappointed with the communication on this release. I can understand why manufacturers early release whole machines before the code is done but the process Pedretti is using makes no sense to me.

What’s it been, a few months? That’s nothing. Just talk to those who waited on MMR after it was originally announced (boy were those fun days, though) and on The Hobbit. Waiting a few months on this is nothing, and well worth it for them to get it dialed in right. They’re communicating well enough in this thread, the rest of their time is hopefully going into patiently getting this all right.

#593 2 years ago

Just got an invoice to pay the deposit from Cointaker. It's starting to feel real! Can't wait for this!

BTW, one of my art students painted this for my game room. I thought it to be very fitting.

20220120_165250 (resized).jpg20220120_165250 (resized).jpg
#594 2 years ago

This week I got the side decals, also from Free Play in Sweden. Now the new look is complete.

IMG_20220120_222450_790 (resized).jpgIMG_20220120_222450_790 (resized).jpg

#595 2 years ago

Just got my invoice for the deposit as well.

#596 2 years ago

PPS has it ready to order as well, just placed mine.

#597 2 years ago

Would be excited to see gameplay video. Requests for money without it, not so much.

#598 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just got my invoice for the deposit as well.

Sweet. Sounds like we'll have at least two nightmares in the state of IA then. Just put my deposit in as well.

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Would be excited to see gameplay video. Requests for money without it, not so much.

I get it, but I don't necessarily agree. I already know how the game shoots, which is typically how I choose. I don't care to see every aspect of this since it is simply a rule change...the overall game is not going to change THAT much. Is it a lot of money? Yeah...it is, and may not be worth it in the end....but it's still cheaper than a NiB :p or used for that matter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/12?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.