right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 61.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

That’s great but this is the same voice as the teaser video ?

Yes, but he has an Italian accent.

Mario for the OG, Wario for the update.

Princess peach mode is incredible!

Or do i have the wrong game in mind...

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yes, but he has an Italian accent.
Mario for tbe OG, Wario for the update.

Actually this sounds like fun.

Time to get to work on my pinsound studio...

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Funhouse 2.0 is awesome and so is the o.g. Funhouse on it.
It's fun, challenging, hilarious, and mind blowing with the new out of this world graphics and sound. The voice also incorporates extremely well for anyone on the fence like I was.
Pedretti Gaming and Co. are working relentlessly to get this 2.0 upgrade as close to polished and perfect the first time...and they are taking each and every suggestion from this forum and their beta testers to heart. They are very passionate for pinball and this upgrade.
If you love Funhouse...stay patiently excited because in the end this will not disappoint. [quoted image][quoted image]

Are you a spokesperson for Pedretti Gaming?

#504 2 years ago

Seriously folks - if you have the kit installed, don’t tell us it’s great. Show us! Post a video (a long one, at least one full game). Without video, the excitement and rave reviews are not credible.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

If you love Funhouse...stay patiently excited because in the end this will not disappoint.

Is that a custom decal/plastic by the lane changer that says the places closes at 12 sharp???? I love it! Where can I find that?

I ordered new CPR plastics and that is not part of the kit. Looking forward to this 2.0 kit and restoring my game. Just placed the order for a new Mirco playfield to go with the plastics, ramps, and cabinet decals.

Thank you,
Jason

#506 2 years ago

ebay link to plastic in question

ebay.com link: itm

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

ebay link to plastic in question

Thank you! Just placed my order. Didn’t even know it existed! Will be a nice compliment to the game IMOA. Thank you again!

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Are you a spokesperson for Pedretti Gaming?

No. I am a Funhouse enthusiast and beta tester. I am being honest, sincere, and sharing how the current state of it is the best I can; personally.

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Seriously folks - if you have the kit installed, don’t tell us it’s great. Show us! Post a video (a long one, at least one full game). Without video, the excitement and rave reviews are not credible.

I am completely with you and understand EXACTLY what you mean. I am by no means trying to "hype" anything up. I am sharing with you what I am able to at this point<<<. I believe it is better to have something than nothing isn't it?!? I did what I could and I hope you understand where I am coming from too. I am looking forward to the forthcoming gameplay videos as well...as soon as I can.<<<

#509 2 years ago

i have already installed it on my funhouse restore

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

No. I am a Funhouse enthusiast and beta tester. I am being honest, sincere, and sharing how the current state of it is the best I can; personally.

I am completely with you and understand EXACTLY what you mean. I am by no means trying to "hype" anything up. I am sharing with you what I am able to at this point<<<. I believe it is better to have something than nothing isn't it?!? I did what I could and I hope you understand where I am coming from too. I am looking forward to the forthcoming gameplay videos as well...as soon as I can.<<<
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"507d5157a6aad24f738a079774ebe48413cd1711-1641272160-1800"};
//]]>

Are you currently prohibited from sharing gameplay video as a beta tester or just have not shot one yet?

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Or Maybe Mr. Boon didn't want to be in a sequel and/or felt there was no reason to make a sequel.

Doubt it, old mate released Mortal Kombat 11 recently.

#512 2 years ago

Think I'd opt to keep the original artwork...

Otherwise I'm all for adding another dimension to mine as I've played the hell out of 3 I've owned over they years.

#513 2 years ago

Gameplay is really fun. Collect time to light mirror for mode start. Timed challeging modes as well as Multiballs and Awards like ball saver or million/extra ball are earned.

Installation is really plug and play. If i can do it, its easy for you! Both displays are crisp and everything is high quality.

The acrylic backglass is really nice. I haven't seen those and although not a real glass, its way better than my Translite.

I have to say i am really impressed so far. The animations are among the best i have seen in pinball. Really fitting the theme well, funny and guiding through the game. Wow!

The voice is fine for me. I mean it is not the original voice but it has a creepy evil character to it, suiting evil rudy very well, i like it. Everything is pinsound with audio files for every sound/callout (separate folders for Funhouse 1.0 and 2.0)

The sound is well made and the squeaky duck sound on the slings is just brilliant

I have both Led OCD and GI OCD installed and its working well together.
UVAJED PNE7 can you give us any info on led-lighting without those boards installed? Is the FAST CPU board dealing with LED ghosting and smooth switching itself?
20220104_235904 (resized).jpg20220104_235904 (resized).jpg20220104_235959 (resized).jpg20220104_235959 (resized).jpg20220105_000025 (resized).jpg20220105_000025 (resized).jpg

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Gameplay is really fun. Collect time to light mirror for mode start. Timed challeging modes as well as Multiballs and Awards like ball saver or million/extra ball are earned.
Installation is really plug and play. If i can do it, its easy for you! Both displays are crisp and everything is high quality.
The acrylic backglass is really nice. I haven't seen those and although not a real glass, its way better than my Translite.
I have to say i am really impressed so far. The animations are among the best i have seen in pinball. Really fitting the theme well, funny and guiding through the game. Wow!
The voice is fine for me. I mean it is not the original voice but it has a creepy evil character to it, suiting evil rudy very well, i like it. Everything is pinsound with audio files for every sound/callout (separate folders for Funhouse 1.0 and 2.0)
The sound is well made and the squeaky duck sound on the slings is just brilliant
I have both Led OCD and GI OCD installed and its working well together.
UVAJED PNE7 can you give us any info on led-lighting without those boards installed? Is the FAST CPU board dealing with LED ghosting and smooth switching itself?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This all sounds great but where is the game play video ?

#515 2 years ago

That’s where I’m at. I don’t want to see more of the same. Nothing more until gameplay please.

Quoted from mollyspub:

This all sounds great but where is the game play video ?

#516 2 years ago

Are you currently prohibited from sharing gameplay video as a beta tester or just have not shot one yet?

I’ll take the silence on this question (and subsequent beta tester posts without video) as confirmation that beta testers are being told not to share video until the production team deems the product to be sufficiently developed.

#517 2 years ago

I’ll take the silence on this question (and subsequent beta tester posts without video) as confirmation that beta testers are being told not to share video until the production team deems the product to be sufficiently developed.

They are perfecting the Mario/Wario speech....

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Sure, let me just re-record a bunch of custom voice samples that sound like the original voice and change each individual callout in the Pinsound software! Easy!

Actually you would be surprised at what you could do with modern SW.

Just take a look here:
https://thenextweb.com/news/skyrim-modders-are-using-ai-to-generate-new-spoken-dialogue

And there are several tools out there that will use the original voice as training data for the neural network, to then generate speech from text with the same voice

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Actually you would be surprised at what you could do with modern SW.
Just take a look here:
https://thenextweb.com/news/skyrim-modders-are-using-ai-to-generate-new-spoken-dialogue
And there are several tools out there that will use the original voice as training data for the neural network, to then generate speech from text with the same voice

Think the cost and ease of use may hinder many of us. I know of a plugin that will render text to song.

There is also alot of grey area here.

Anyhow someone can Mod the Pinsound down the road if they really really wanna

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

if they really really wanna

Oh, after hearing the terrible voice, I indeed wanna....!

Now, I just have to find someone to do "horrible" Italian impersonations of the call outs.

It might not be PC, but it will make me laugh.

#521 2 years ago

Man when is this thing going to be available? Mikey want!

#522 2 years ago

As a beta tester yes we can’t share videos, we test and give them feedback then they need to do a few tweaks to the software/switch issue s with the new firm update . So when the mainstream gets the game it’s should be perfect and ready to play. I will ask them if it’s oké to upload some gameplay.

#523 2 years ago

Any beta testers on the US side?

Quoted from AMSNL:

As a beta tester yes we can’t share videos, we test and give them feedback then they need to do a few tweaks to the software/switch issue s with the new firm update . So when the mainstream gets the game it’s should be perfect and ready to play. I will ask them if it’s oké to upload some gameplay.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Any beta testers on the US side?

Yep!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#525 2 years ago

Yes...Pa here.

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:Yes...Pa here.

I’ll be right there!

#527 2 years ago

Curious how the selection happened - would have loved to have provided some feedback. I’m not asking just saying. Was my first pin and have time on many more in my collection.

Looking forward to it

Quoted from UVAJED:

Yes...Pa here.

#528 2 years ago

Seems to me….the main concern is that Rudy’s original voice is gone! That’s why I posted a quick fix a while ago that would cost them nothing!
Post an add for folks to send in a voiceover and filter out who’s the best comparison. Companies have done this a million times! The winner gets a free kit and recognition for the voice! They, then might actually be selling units instead of skepticism!

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Seems to me….the main concern is that Rudy’s original voice is gone! That’s why I posted a quick fix a while ago that would cost them nothing!
Post an add for folks to send in a voiceover and filter out who’s the best comparison. Companies have done this a million times! The winner gets a free kit and recognition for the voice! They, then might actually be selling units instead of skepticism!

Agreed! I always wonder why companies don't ask the community more for ideas, and what they "must have" or "dont care about". I feel like with all the creativity in this community, there could be some amazing ideas for modes/sounds/etc. - more so than just a couple people at a small company doing it all internally.

I was super excited about this project, the artwork was "meh" at best IMO, but I could get past that. Once I heard the voice and sound, I lost enough interest to no longer buy-in it at this point.

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball-1:

Agreed! I always wonder why companies don't ask the community more for ideas, and what they "must have" or "dont care about"

Well they appear to have a number of testers who are pinsiders (and I would guess a few others not on here as well). Seems that might be exactly what they are doing.

I will say that to me (my opinion) it is impossible to find consensus in this hobby. For example, if they took $50 off the package and left the sideblades out I would probably save the $50. Other people on here would attribute $100+ of value to those side blades. This is a community where half the people people pay a lot of money for toys with LEDs in them calling it "MUST HAVE MODS" while the other half of the people scratch their heads or point out that you can buy the toy for $5 and the LED for $1.

As for the voice - if they couldn't get the original person they had to move on. While I agree with the criticism of the voice on one hand I also feel like it is unfair to see a new product intended to refresh something 30+ years old and to immediately find fault with it not being the same thing we had 30 years ago.

I guess vote with your wallets... which these days seems to mean they will sell out in a week and then re-sell for 2x more next year.

I'm considering the product because my view is that I can't easily buy a new solid state pinball machine for $2k right now - and even if I found a game at that price I don't have the space for it. This I can fit in my game room!

To me it will all come down to gameplay / code - which remains to be seen.

#531 2 years ago

Totally agree.

I’m just hoping they’ve selected seasoned players to get feedback from for this reason.

I also hope they don’t do the same as Spooky - take your time with the code don’t show anything until your absolutely sure. I’m anxious but would rather see a completed project.

I question the timing of the announcement- they could have waited.

Quoted from brainmegaphone:

#532 2 years ago

Well they appear to have a number of testers who are pinsiders (and I would guess a few others not on here as well). Seems that might be exactly what they are doing.
I will say that to me (my opinion) it is impossible to find consensus in this hobby. For example, if they took $50 off the package and left the sideblades out I would probably save the $50. Other people on here would attribute $100+ of value to those side blades. This is a community where half the people people pay a lot of money for toys with LEDs in them calling it "MUST HAVE MODS" while the other half of the people scratch their heads or point out that you can buy the toy for $5 and the LED for $1.
As for the voice - if they couldn't get the original person they had to move on. While I agree with the criticism of the voice on one hand I also feel like it is unfair to see a new product intended to refresh something 30+ years old and to immediately find fault with it not being the same thing we had 30 years ago.
I guess vote with your wallets... which these days seems to mean they will sell out in a week and then re-sell for 2x more next year.
I'm considering the product because my view is that I can't easily buy a new solid state pinball machine for $2k right now - and even if I found a game at that price I don't have the space for it. This I can fit in my game room!

Still, I want a cheesy Italian voice for the 2.0 and original voice for the OG...

It would make me laugh a lot!

#533 2 years ago

Well put

#534 2 years ago

I have a question on the Pinsound XL board coming with this kit. I currently have a pinsound board in this machine that I will repurpose after the kit arrives. I have an audio output on it currently and use it for external sound. it's not totally clear from the promo pics, but does this new board also have audio out jack(s)?

#535 2 years ago

All I can say is that all the beta testers are working really hard on getting everything just right.we are testing multiple new software revisions .We even started a discord to discuss things and see people s opinions .I think you really are going to love this game. Just remember funhouse is and will stay funhouse. Funhouse 2.0 will be a new funhouse but shots don’t change . yes not with the same voice. But don’t let that get you down. The new lcd in both speaker panel and the playfield will let it feel like ats new 2022 game and pinball . And as everybody knows pinsound always sounds good . And yes eyes and mouth moves right also in 2.0

No videos for now. Reason is that they are dialing everything to get perfect. If I or anyone now showing stuff that’s not finished this game will burned on a code that is still in beta . So Will get back on that later

5DCD6E7D-02D5-49DD-839E-F89546A7A493 (resized).jpeg5DCD6E7D-02D5-49DD-839E-F89546A7A493 (resized).jpeg

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I have a question on the Pinsound XL board coming with this kit. I currently have a pinsound board in this machine that I will repurpose after the kit arrives. I have an audio output on it currently and use it for external sound. it's not totally clear from the promo pics, but does this new board also have audio out jack(s)?

On the beta kit yes, think this will stay the same in the retail version

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Thanks! We always do direct output audio for our streams and don't want to hack in a line out converter.

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Another quickie, is the output a 3.5mm stereo jack or RCA outputs?

#539 2 years ago

RCA out and headphones out so both

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

RCA out and headphones out so both

RCA out, perfect. that's what I already have in the machine. I use a panel mount out so all I have to do is plug in a 3.5mm audio cable in the back.

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

All I can say is that all the beta testers are working really hard on getting everything just right.we are testing multiple new software revisions .We even started a discord to discuss things and see people s opinions .I think you really are going to love this game. Just remember funhouse is and will stay funhouse. Funhouse 2.0 will be a new funhouse but shots don’t change . yes not with the same voice. But don’t let that get you down. The new lcd in both speaker panel and the playfield will let it feel like ats new 2022 game and pinball . And as everybody knows pinsound always sounds good . And yes eyes and mouth moves right also in 2.0
No videos for now. Reason is that they are dialing everything to get perfect. If I or anyone now showing stuff that’s not finished this game will burned on a code that is still in beta . So Will get back on that later
[quoted image]

What side decals are those?

#542 2 years ago

The ones that supply with the beta kit. Same as in the video.

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

On the waiting list on planetary pinball’s website. Can’t wait. I assume we will get an email when the kits is available to purchase?? Restoring my funhouse to make it like new when the kit is available.
Am I correct by saying it will be available in January 2022? Hope to get one of those shirts if possible to either frame or just wear and let my friends be jealous.

Is there a published wait-list. I have yet to receive confirmation that I'm on it.

#544 2 years ago

I purchased my kit early on day 1 and it’s been radio silence since the “gameplay” video.

We were told originally the kits would ship as early as January. I’m really disappointed with the communication on this release. I can understand why manufacturers early release whole machines before the code is done but the process Pedretti is using makes no sense to me.

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I purchased my kit early on day 1 and it’s been radio silence since the “gameplay” video.
We were told originally the kits would ship as early as January. I’m really disappointed with the communication on this release. I can understand why manufacturers early release whole machines before the code is done but the process Pedretti is using makes no sense to me.

They Actually said shipping early December!

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Request refund and bow out!
At the best of times these things are slow... add world problems and its out of control...
Wait for the bugs to be worked out then purchase when ready to ship.

#547 2 years ago

If anything I would dispute the charges. I had high hopes even though I know better.

It’s irresponsible for a company to suggest a ship date and show a seemingly “polished” product only to avoid actually showing the real product in any meaningful manner and not being able to deliver.

Also supply issues have never been cited as being the issue here, not by the manufacturer’s or customers.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Request refund and bow out!
At the best of times these things are slow... add world problems and its out of control...
Wait for the bugs to be worked out then purchase when ready to ship.

#548 2 years ago

What would you dispute - nobody that I know of should have paid anything, so there is nothing to dispute ... and if you have paid something then you request a refund and you get it ... sure, everything is not shipping on time, and sure some suppliers of products overstate the timeframe, and then pull back perhaps because they find issues, or they have supply issues, or they are just plain shitty at product development.

Nobody should have to dispute anything and if you do either don't buy anything until you see it at a show or it's in stock - or don't create frustration for yourself ...

Quoted from Lopa:

If anything I would dispute the charges. I had high hopes even though I know better.
It’s irresponsible for a company to suggest a ship date and show a seemingly “polished” product only to avoid actually showing the real product in any meaningful manner and not being able to deliver.
Also supply issues have never been cited as being the issue here, not by the manufacturer’s or customers.

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from MC35:

Is there a published wait-list. I have yet to receive confirmation that I'm on it.

Once I placed my reserve order on planetary pinball, I received an email saying I was on the list. Plus no money exchanged. I know Cointaker has a preorder as well that requires only $1.

No idea when this will truly come out. But I am patient. Want it to be correct out the gate. Plus need time to restore my game, only just got the new playfield in!! Also preordered a Godzilla premium and was told it may ship March of 2023! Yep, very patient, and so far, out zero cash.

#550 2 years ago

The point is that I feel that Pedretti is setting an irresponsible precedent.

Quoted from PPS:

What would you dispute - nobody that I know of should have paid anything, so there is nothing to dispute ... and if you have paid something then you request a refund and you get it ... sure, everything is not shipping on time, and sure some suppliers of products overstate the timeframe, and then pull back perhaps because they find issues, or they have supply issues, or they are just plain shitty at product development.
Nobody should have to dispute anything and if you do either don't buy anything until you see it at a show or it's in stock - or don't create frustration for yourself ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 29.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/11?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.