right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 61.
#451 2 years ago

Appreciate all the work that went into doing all of this, but I don't like the voice at all / music, and it seems all the humor has been lost and the modes seem generic.

#452 2 years ago

Will we be able to purchase just the updated mpu in the future and maybe the pinsound xl board ( I assume the pinsound+ board wont work with this)...could do without the art

Edit...and the speaker panel ...need that!

#453 2 years ago

Seems super challenging to take a game like Funhouse and to try to improve on it. Not that it can't stand for some improvements, but it's not exactly BoP where most agree the rules had fundamental flaws holding the game back. I still look forward to the new rules being explained.

The animated clips ended up a lot better than I thought they might have, so kudos on that front.

#454 2 years ago

I'm really excited to see more of this as the beta testing and dev work progresses. I've loved my Funhouse for years (still do), but the scoring and objectives were pretty basic. Lots of rinse and repeat to get your multiball. Even the progression of the clock to midnight seemed a bit odd to me (hit any targets to build your time, then eventually lock two balls). The 2.0 code has potential to do wonders, and from what i've seen in the video clips, it will help make it more of a shooters game with deeper objectives. The voice and audio.... I'm eager to hear some more of the balanced audio with background tracks in extended play. As for the voicec - well, no matter what was done there people will gripe. I don't mind the new voice. this is 2.0 after all. If you want to hear the original Rudy, just fire up the original version of the game. Otherwise, enjoy the alternative game as it was developed. If that doesn't float your boat - save the 2k and put it towards something that does. I really think this community often times forgets how much hard work goes into making pinball. I'm more than excited to see this hit the shelves and applaud Pedretti for all their hard work making an easy integration. So long as it's electronically sound and doesn't burn up any components I'm 100% on board!

#455 2 years ago

I wish they had added an auto plunger coil to the upgrade. Could be great for multiball ball-saves.

I assume there is no multiball ball-save then...

#456 2 years ago

So if you don't like the voice.. you know what you can change that with Pinsound....

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

So if you don't like the voice.. you know what you can change that with Pinsound....

Sure, let me just re-record a bunch of custom voice samples that sound like the original voice and change each individual callout in the Pinsound software! Easy!

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Sure, let me just re-record a bunch of custom voice samples that sound like the original voice and change each individual callout in the Pinsound software! Easy!

Please share it with the community downloads when you do...lol

#459 2 years ago

Could be a lot of fun to play around with new voice talent. Cool to have access via Pinsound for sure - however, you'd have to be a little cautious to use the same rhythm for speech patterns so Rudy's mouth still syncs up. Doable, but does add some extra focus.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Could be a lot of fun to play around with new voice talent. Cool to have access via Pinsound for sure - however, you'd have to be a little cautious to use the same rhythm for speech patterns so Rudy's mouth still syncs up. Doable, but does add some extra focus.

I just realized that the 2.0 Rudy sounds a lot like Skaarsgard's Pennywise. If not a bit less whispery.

#461 2 years ago

Speaking of users changing the voice after the fact, I kinda wonder what sort of DRM is on the software. I'd assume that the user will be able to update the code as more bugs are found and squashed. Like presumably someone could build their own version when the Fast WPC board goes up for sale to consumers. Was it codded in Mission Pinball Framework?

#462 2 years ago

I kind of wish people would stop using Pinsound to give manufacturers a pass on poor sound choices. Not saying you're giving them a pass, just a general observation, looking at you TWD.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I kind of wish people would stop using Pinsound to give manufacturers a pass on poor sound choices. Not saying you're giving them a pass, just a general observation, looking at you TWD.

Still, I think Jimmy Durante ( Ha, cha cha cha!) or Mickey Mouse or Popeye, sound alike call outs and voice would be cool.

And better than what I have heard so far in this 2.0 upgrade.

Im wondering what other cool voices one could get if there were an open audition in LA.

#464 2 years ago

I’m curious to see how the steps will be utilized. Personally I think they’d work well with the duck hunt mode, with each step you hit knocking down one of the 3 ducks on the screen, mimicking the skill of having to aim for the ducks in the real life carnival games. After you hit the 3 steps, you fire the ball back up the light super dog ramp To collect the bonus. Not sure if that’s how it’s implemented, but the gameplay video looks like just shooting the ball up the main ramp knocks the ducks over, granted it was only shown for a few seconds.

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno: Im wondering what other cool voices one could get if there were an open audition in LA.

Or hire Ed Boon to return to do Rudy’s voice again, but that’s wishful thinking

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from Scalabrine526:

I think earlier in the thread they said they reached out but he never responded.

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think earlier in the thread they said they reached out but he never responded.

Maybe a sound board issue?

#468 2 years ago

Funhouse 2.0 - Rudy's Nightmare in my ...house!

Now I'm only waiting for: Whirlwind (or Earthshaker) 2.0 - Oya's Revenge (the goddess of storms, tornadoes and earthquakes).

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#469 2 years ago
Quoted from PNE7:

Now I'm only waiting for: Whirlwind (or Earthshaker) 2.0 - Oya's Revenge (the goddess of storms, tornadoes and earthquakes).
[quoted image]

Play it a ton and let us know what you think!

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Play it a ton and let us know what you think!

Clearly, it knocked him out of his shoes

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from PNE7:

[quoted image]

How about a gameplay video?

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Clearly, it knocked him out of his shoes

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from Scalabrine526:

I never really looked Ed up, but here is the voice of Rudy today!!!!!

440px-Ed_Boon_at_E3_2013_(cropped) (resized).jpg440px-Ed_Boon_at_E3_2013_(cropped) (resized).jpg
#474 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I never really looked Ed up, but here is the voice of Rudy today!!!!!
[quoted image]

How could he not want to do a little more Rudy!?! C’mon man - I thought we were pals….

#475 2 years ago

Totally new experience! Love this new game with great sound and vision. The score also thanks to my new clown shoes, shown in previous post. Works a lot better than my old pinball carpet.

IMG_20211230_210609_290 (resized).jpgIMG_20211230_210609_290 (resized).jpg
#476 2 years ago

Picture on-demand

IMG_20211230_223605_269 (resized).jpgIMG_20211230_223605_269 (resized).jpg
#477 2 years ago

Am I the only one who sees a physical resemblance between Ed Boon and Rudy?

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Am I the only one who sees a physical resemblance between Ed Boon and Rudy?

Thought the same thing instantly

#479 2 years ago

Here it is 2022 - no more excuses to knock out my Funhouse restoration. Hope to get this to tinker with on list but no news yet.

#480 2 years ago

I feel like we can get Ed Boon on board for this. I think he lives in Chicago. Any pinball guys from Chicago that can go ring his bell?

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I feel like we can get Ed Boon on board for this. I think he lives in Chicago. Any pinball guys from Chicago that can go ring his bell?

PPS already tried.

#483 2 years ago

It would be interesting to see what he told PPS..... Maybe it's more than just yes or no?

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It would be interesting to see what he told PPS..... Maybe it's more than just yes or no?

Who knows. Maybe his voice is gone, or to old.

#485 2 years ago

It usually boils down to money.

#486 2 years ago

Or Maybe Mr. Boon didn't want to be in a sequel and/or felt there was no reason to make a sequel.

#487 2 years ago

Zzzzzz……

#488 2 years ago

What's wrong? Did someone advance your clock to midnight?

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

What's wrong? Did someone advance your clock to midnight?

Yeah, I fell asleep during the no gameplay, no software details, slow-mo pseudo pump up of this thing. I nodded off sometime between “Here it is!” (but not really) and it being a fully revealed product worth its price. It seems like they must think they failed on the software front or they wouldn’t be so cagey about letting their potential customers really see it. Losing interest. Waiting for someone to spit out the ball!

#490 2 years ago

It should be arriving with me in the next few days, so will post a gameplay video as soon as its all setup. Installation notes are interesting - theres a pinsound firmware update to do right out of the gate, so some late changes. Possibly the background music I'm thinking?

I don't think its Ed Boon.

#491 2 years ago

Looking forward to seeing it here please post back in this thread

Quoted from stumblor:

It should be arriving with me in the next few days, so will post a gameplay video as soon as its all setup. Installation notes are interesting - theres a pinsound firmware update to do right out of the gate, so some late changes. Possibly the background music I'm thinking?
I don't think its Ed Boon.

#492 2 years ago

Im thinking Harvey Fierstein for my pinsound call outs....

#493 2 years ago

Just curious if any other Pinsider has received and installed the Funhouse Rudy’s Nightmare upgrade kit, and if so: Where do You/will You publish Your scores here on Pinside (can only find the original FunHouse game) under the headline “Machines”. Guess I this time was lucky to live in Europe and got a very fast delivery from Free Play in Sweden. https://www.free-play.se/produkter/flipperspel/funhouse-rudys-nightmare-kit.html Especially since I normaly isn’t an early adaptor.

#494 2 years ago

As far as i understand the kit is in Beta testing phase right now. Its not officially out yet.

I guess the game is added as a new game in the database like done for BoP 2.0

SmartSelect_20220103-165002_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220103-165002_Chrome (resized).jpg

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from PNE7:

Just curious if any other Pinsider has received and installed the Funhouse Rudy’s Nightmare upgrade kit, and if so: Where do You/will You publish Your scores here on Pinside (can only find the original FunHouse game) under the headline “Machines”. Guess I this time was lucky to live in Europe and got a very fast delivery from Free Play in Sweden. https://www.free-play.se/produkter/flipperspel/funhouse-rudys-nightmare-kit.html Especially since I normaly isn’t an early adaptor.

There are other pinsider...

#496 2 years ago

Thanks!

#497 2 years ago

Thanks!

#498 2 years ago

Thanks! Great upgrade kit - beautiful done! Looking forward to future upgrade kit titles developed by your company.

#499 2 years ago

Funhouse 2.0 is awesome and so is the o.g. Funhouse on it.

It's fun, challenging, hilarious, and mind blowing with the new out of this world graphics and sound. The voice also incorporates extremely well for anyone on the fence like I was.

Pedretti Gaming and Co. are working relentlessly to get this 2.0 upgrade as close to polished and perfect the first time...and they are taking each and every suggestion from this forum and their beta testers to heart. They are very passionate for pinball and this upgrade.

If you love Funhouse...stay patiently excited because in the end this will not disappoint.

20220103_182607 (resized).jpg20220103_182607 (resized).jpg20220103_182315 (resized).jpg20220103_182315 (resized).jpg
#500 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Funhouse 2.0 is awesome and so is the o.g. Funhouse on it.
It's fun, challenging, hilarious, and mind blowing with the new out of this world graphics and sound. The voice also incorporates extremely well for anyone on the fence like I was.
Pedretti Gaming and Co. are working relentlessly to get this 2.0 upgrade as close to polished and perfect the first time...and they are taking each and every suggestion from this forum and their beta testers to heart. They are very passionate for pinball and this upgrade.
If you love Funhouse...stay patiently excited because in the end this will not disappoint. [quoted image][quoted image]

That’s great but this is the same voice as the teaser video ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/10?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.