(Topic ID: 196711)

Fundraiser for Hurricane Harvey

By Xerico

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0250 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0242 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0241 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0240 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0239 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0238 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0233 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0228 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0227 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0224 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0223 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0235 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0217 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8210 (resized).JPG
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Xerico Just donated...there are so many that need help and I'm glad that we're able to help in some small way. Thank you for doing this!

Dave

#52 6 years ago

A little water in your basement isn't all that bad after seeing footage of what's happening down in Texas. THIS is a cause I'll gladly donate to. Good luck to you, Xerico and all those battling through this.

#53 6 years ago

Anyone who needs a place to stay and just wants to get out of Texas for a bit I got two guest rooms come on out!

Quoted from Arcade:

Just found this thread.
    It is true. Both of the Beaumont city water pumps failed last night. No water in the city for days now as pumps are submerged.
    The are evacuating our hospitals as I type this.
    Just when we thought It could not get any worse.
    Leon Moncla.

JJ

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Anyone who needs a place to stay and just wants to get out of Texas for a bit I got two guest rooms come on out!

JJ

Thanks JJ.
    Hey if things don't improve we may be on your doorstep.
    Really glad now that I was not in the first batch of AFMr LE's.
    The Game Exchange has sold us 90% of our new Sterns. You guys are awesome.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks JJ.
    Hey if things don't improve we may be on your doorstep.
    Really glad now that I was not in the first batch of AFMr LE's.
    The Game Exchange has sold us 90% of our new Sterns. You guys are awesome.

Would love to have you!

JJ

#56 6 years ago

Long satisfying day today.

Collected some diapers, dry food, ramen, gatorade, rice, beans, wet wipes, soap, shampoo and a bunch more items.

Took me a good 5 hours, but I was able to visit everyone that was donating for my trip on Saturday.

To all of you that donated via Paypal, Thank you very much. Every donation is valued and I am eternally grateful to each and every one of you.

Tomorrow is the day I go shopping for the trip to Rockport. So this will be an exiting day.

I also donated 30+ tickets to the Texas Ranger game on Friday Night. Harvey Evacuees in the DFW area will get a chance to watch some baseball for a few hours and then enjoy a firework show synchronized to Star Wars Music. Huge props to Jared for using his Facebook powers to hook up these families that need a respite from the reality of their world.

I hope to have some pictures, but I most likely will not post them until after I return from Rockport.

With all this said, please consider donating if you have not yet done so. Every dollar counts and I will do my best to make sure that your dollar gets spent on the people who need it the most.

Marcus

#57 6 years ago

I donated a small amount for Allen; but I have to keep it small because my employer is matching dollar per dollar for donations to the Red Cross. I intended to do a much larger donation with the company matching.

#58 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far!

One of our league members just posted this photo on Facebook. His house still has this much water in it, and he could only access the house to take this picture by boat.

IMG_8210 (resized).JPGIMG_8210 (resized).JPG

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far!
    One of our league members just posted this photo on Facebook. His house still has this much water in it, and he could only access the house to take this picture by boat.

Damn!

#60 6 years ago

We just made a small donation and wanted to take it a step further. Now through midnight on Monday, we will donate 10% of our gross sales directly to Xerico's fund. Purchases must be made directly through our website at Lermods.com. We don't have any code for this, but please note your pinside handle when checking out or just send me a PM noting that you made a purchase. Just trying to help out our friends in Texas and feel this is one more way we can do it. Of course, you can also just donate directly to the fund itself.

#61 6 years ago

Looks like that game may survive even though the house may not... Horrible situation down there my heart goes out to all the people effected!

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

We just made a small donation and wanted to take it a step further. Now through midnight on Monday, we will donate 10% of our gross sales directly to Xerico's fund. Purchases must be made directly through our website at Lermods.com. We don't have any code for this, but please note your pinside handle when checking out or just send me a PM noting that you made a purchase. Just trying to help out our friends in Texas and feel this is one more way we can do it. Of course, you can also just donate directly to the fund itself.

THANK YOU!!! This is awesome!

Every donation counts, and this is an incredible gesture.

Marcus

#63 6 years ago

Donation made. Best of luck.

Adam

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I donated a small amount for Allen; but I have to keep it small because my employer is matching dollar per dollar for donations to the Red Cross. I intended to do a much larger donation with the company matching.

Much thanks.
    Understood.

#65 6 years ago

Enjoying the Texas Rangers vs California Angels with a few Evacuees from Harvey.

Some much needed entertainment for these strong people.

Texas StrongTexas Strong

Marcus

#66 6 years ago

100 miles to go to Rockport.

Stopping in San Antonio to pick up some provisions generously donated by iceman44

The Iceman DeliversThe Iceman Delivers

For those that donated, on behalf of those in need, I thank you. If you have not yet donated, please consider sending $1.00 (one dollar). With your help, we can remind the survivors that we are all brothers and sisters and together we can overcome tragedy.

IMG_0233 (resized).JPGIMG_0233 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0228 (resized).JPGIMG_0228 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0227 (resized).JPGIMG_0227 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0223 (resized).JPGIMG_0223 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0224 (resized).JPGIMG_0224 (resized).JPG

Marcus

#67 6 years ago

Made it to Sinton, TX. Rockport has a 7pm curfew.

Spending the night at Fairgrounds.

Unloading pictures tomorrow.

Marcus

IMG_0238 (resized).JPGIMG_0238 (resized).JPG

IMG_0239 (resized).JPGIMG_0239 (resized).JPG

IMG_0240 (resized).JPGIMG_0240 (resized).JPG

IMG_0241 (resized).JPGIMG_0241 (resized).JPG

IMG_0242 (resized).JPGIMG_0242 (resized).JPG

#68 6 years ago

First group of survivors getting some items to help them through the night.

Very humble people. Only took items like wet wipes, q tips, and shampoo ... and a box of banana twinkles.

God bless them.

IMG_0250 (resized).JPGIMG_0250 (resized).JPG

IMG_0251 (resized).JPGIMG_0251 (resized).JPG

#69 6 years ago

The trip to Rockport opened my eyes to the devastation that will plague the area for many months, if not years.

These poor souls are going to need help well beyond the lifespan of Hurricane Harvey's fifteen minutes of fame.

But I am proud to say that Pinside and our very generous pinball community made a huge difference to many families this weekend.

Together, $1,500 in cash was distributed to families that lost everything. Many lost their homes and also their jobs as industry in the area took a huge hit.

My heart melted as grown men and women cried when I presented them with $200 cash. I did this for 7 families and I gave $100 to a group that was grilling food and giving it away for free.

I also made sure these same families took a basket full of items to help them get through the next few days and weeks.

Over $1,000 in purchased goods was given away as well as used clothes.

I will post picture later. But from the bottom of my heart, I wanted to thank everyone that donated to this journey. You helped give people hope. And that was just as necessary as bottled water.

Thank you all!

Marcus

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

The trip to Rockport opened my eyes to the devastation that will plague the area for many months, if not years.
    These poor souls are going to need help well beyond the lifespan of Hurricane Harvey's fifteen minutes of fame.
    But I am proud to say that Pinside and our very generous pinball community made a huge difference to many families this weekend.
    Together, $1,500 in cash was distributed to families that lost everything. Many lost their homes and also their jobs as industry in the area took a huge hit.
    My heart melted as grown men and women cried when I presented them with $200 cash. I did this for 7 families and I gave $100 to a group that was grilling food and giving it away for free.
    I also made sure these same families took a basket full of items to help them get through the next few days and weeks.
    Over $1,000 in purchased goods was given away as well as used clothes.
    I will post picture later. But from the bottom of my heart, I wanted to thank everyone that donated to this journey. You helped give people hope. And that was just as necessary as bottled water.
    Thank you all!
    Marcus

Our turn to thank you for what you did. All I did was clicking on a Paypal button. You gave time and your heart!

#71 6 years ago

Xerico, thanks for all your hard work and taking the time to add some updates here!

-Nate

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fundraiser-for-hurricane-harvey/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.