(Topic ID: 196711)

Fundraiser for Hurricane Harvey

By Xerico

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0251 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0250 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0242 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0241 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0240 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0239 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0238 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0233 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0228 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0227 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0224 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0223 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0235 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0217 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8210 (resized).JPG
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Hurricane Harvey has done a number on our fellow Texans. Port Aransas and Rockport are in desperate need of supplies. South Houston is in desperate need of supplies. Both areas are in terrible condition.

So I am asking for the pinball community on Pinside to come to their aid.

My sister is traveling back to her home in Rockport on Saturday, Sep 2

They need batteries, bottled water, blankets, clothes, non perishable food, medicine, soap, and above all, hope.

Any money raised will be used to purchase bulk items for the trip back to Rockport as well as a bulk purchases that I intend to deliver to Houston.

All funds that are raised will be used to purchase these highly needed items.

My PayPal is [email protected]

I will start the donations by giving $100 to this fund.

Please help if you can.

Marcus

#2 6 years ago

Bump for a good cause. Donated.

#3 6 years ago

Great idea - donated! And we know exactly where it's going.

#4 6 years ago

Bump going to donated

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for the bumps guys. So far, $225 has been donated. Anything, even $1, is appreciated.
    If you are going to be in the DFW Area, there will be two events on Wednesday. One at Nickelrama and another at Freeplay Richardson.

Please donate if you can. Every dollar counts, and this is truly a disaster for those affected.

Marcus

#6 6 years ago

Very cool @xerico. Free bump

#7 6 years ago

Matched the current total. Thank you Marcus. These guys are going to need a lot of help. I was born and raised in south Texas (Victoria, TX). Let's go guys. Let's get this thing built up. -- Craig

#8 6 years ago

I don't have a lot to give, but I'll try and find some clean clothes I don't need and whatnot and bring them on wednesday. I'd really prefer to give cash, as it's a hassle to transport stuff that far, but I'd rather do something than nothing.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cserold:

Matched the current total. Thank you Marcus. These guys are going to need a lot of help. I was born and raised in south Texas (Victoria, TX). Let's go guys. Let's get this thing built up. -- Craig

Craig, your donation is awesome!! Thank you so much.

Marcus

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I don't have a lot to give, but I'll try and find some clean clothes I don't need and whatnot and bring them on wednesday. I'd really prefer to give cash, as it's a hassle to transport stuff that far, but I'd rather do something than nothing.

Anything helps. Thank you so much!
    See you Wednesday!

Marcus

#11 6 years ago

We have just passed the $500 mark in donations!

Please consider donating. If every person logged on right now donated $1 (one dollar), then that would easily double the donations.

I will be purchasing goods on Thursday.

I will post the receipt that same day.

Thanks.

Marcus

#12 6 years ago

Donation sent.

#13 6 years ago

Just sent donation hopefully to the right Marcus.

From Doug Moe. Marcus M Trevino, LLC ?

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Just sent donation hopefully to the right Marcus.
    From Doug Moe. Marcus M Trevino, LLC ?

That is correct. Thank you for the donation!

Marcus

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Donation sent.

Thank you for the donation!

Marcus

#16 6 years ago

We are now at $800!

Please keep the donations flowing!

Marcus

#17 6 years ago

Thanks Marcus, keep it up!

Like you said, every little bit helps.

#18 6 years ago

Maybe someone will sell a spare pin and add that to the donation! And buyer will feel okay about paying top dollar - just a thought.

#19 6 years ago

Titan Pinball just pushed us to over $1,000!!

Titan donated $250!!

Maybe other pinball companies will match that!

Marcus

#20 6 years ago

Fantastic idea! Thank you for doing this.

#21 6 years ago

Thank you JJ and your Game Exchange Staff! Your donation has now pushed us to $1,300!!

Marcus

#22 6 years ago

Donation sent,
    Thanks for doing this Marcus

#23 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone that has donated. My house was spared but my girlfriends father's house flooded. He was affected by the release of the Addicks reservoir and looks to be flooded for several weeks and possibly months....until the level of the reservoir is stable. I have watched numerous floods happen in the Houston area but seeing a flood of this scale is hard to comprehend. Help is needed for thousands of people who have lost everything so every bit helps.

Thanks Marcus for setting this up for folks to help out!

#24 6 years ago

Just another great reason why all my NIBs have come from GEX.

#25 6 years ago

More donations have come in.

I'll provide a tally in the morning.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far!

Last count we are just over the $1,500 mark.

Marcus

#26 6 years ago

I'm going to do my best to keep this thread on page 1. Bump

#27 6 years ago

I'm donating today. Great idea.

Helping others Is the key to happiness I think. And the world truly can become a better place.

#28 6 years ago

Done. A small amount for a good cause. Best of luck helping.

#29 6 years ago

Thanks to everyone that has donated.

$1,650 so far.

5 families have been identified in Rockport.
    They lost everything. Going to be buying food and items for them as well as collecting clothes for them.

Marcus

#30 6 years ago

There's an awful lot of empty hangers in our closet now. Thanks for doing the legwork to help folks out, Marcus.

#31 6 years ago

If you are in the DFW Area today, please consider stopping by Nickelrama Arcade and/or Freeplay Richardson and donate for the cause.

I'll be at Nickelrama Arcade in Garland, TX from 3pm - 10pm. Come play Star Wars, Dialed In, Ghostbusters, Hobbit, Game Of Thrones, and many more modern machines with us.

If you prefer to donate online, you can send a donation via paypal to [email protected].

Thanks!

Marcus

#33 6 years ago

Just found out that a Fellow Pinball Collector in Beaumont, TX lost everything.

2 autos
    All furniture
    All clothes
    All food

Flooding in an area that has not flooded before. Insurance denied his claim.

His name is Allen Robertson. He is a Pinsider.
    His handle is 2FlippedOut41MO

I have sent him $500 from this fund.

If you wish to donate specifically for Allen, please make a note saying so when you donate via PayPal. Send donations to [email protected]

Marcus

#34 6 years ago

Allen is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

#35 6 years ago

Wow that Sucks. Flood insurance program is a bit wonky in this country. Not eligible unless the federal government thinks you are in a floor area..

Quoted from Xerico:

Just found out that a Fellow Pinball Collector in Beaumont, TX lost everything.
    2 autos
    All furniture
    All clothes
    All food
    Flooding in an area that has not flooded before. Insurance denied his claim.
    His name is Allen Robertson. He is a Pinsider.
    His handle is 2FlippedOut41MO
    I have sent him $500 from this fund.
    If you wish to donate specifically for Allen, please make a note saying so when you donate via PayPal. Send donations to [email protected]
    Marcus

#36 6 years ago

Thanks to all of you!
    Im here in Richmond/Rosenberg. The Brazos river is supposed to crest Friday morning. We have been very concerned that the river would flood our house. As it stands now, it looks like we will be ok, but there are many others not so lucky. Just down the street houses are within within a foot of having water in them. Its bad because you know its coming, and all you can do is get stuff off the floor. Many people we know have left their homes and are in hotels. These are not the people that need help. Its the ones that have nowhere to go, and no support from family. Xerico, I'm sure you will be a good steward of this account and apply it where it will do the most good. Thanks again! Donation sent.

#37 6 years ago

A few quid from your friends in England - I feel for you guys.

#38 6 years ago

Marcus Trevino never fails to amaze me when is comes to how genuinely kind and caring he truly is. I have known this man for years and he truly is amazing. It's a honor knowing him.

I like venom Kingwood which is north of Houston. Kingwood like a lot of areas is pretty much destroyed. I went swimming in my sons high school yesterday, it's above my head. But, the good news is that I rescued a armadillo that was about to give up. My home and family are better than ok we had no water and we kept electricity throuout the ordeal but I can walk to homes that are totally under water. It is terrible. I give thanks to God for sparing my home and family.

Thank you Marcus for being the person that you are and thank you for helping the people in need. I don't think you can get to my area but if you can call me and I'll help you help them.

#39 6 years ago

Last night, more donations came in.

We have now passed the $2,000 mark.

Thank you to everyone that has donated!

Marcus

#40 6 years ago

Super huge Thanks to FUN! Superstore in Mesquite, TX.

They donated $200 to the Allen Robertson Fund!

This pushes specific donations to Allen to $700!

Thank you so much FUN!

Marcus

#41 6 years ago

Marcus - how can non-Paypal people contribute???

#42 6 years ago

Marcus,Just sent a little help,I hope things work out for all down there.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Marcus - how can non-Paypal people contribute???

If anyone wants to send funds via snail mail, I can arrange that. Just send me a PM and I'll provide you an address.

I believe there is an effort to set up a go fund me account.

Once I know the information, I'll post the go fund me information here.

Marcus

#44 6 years ago

That situation is so very awful. Donated.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Marcus,Just sent a little help,I hope things work out for all down there.

Quoted from wayout440:

That situation is so very awful. Donated.

Thank you both!

I have touched base with two other Pinball guys who were affected by flooding.
    And word just arrived today that Beaumont, TX has lost fresh water.

While I'm VERY, VERY proud of Pinside stepping up and donating so much, we still need so much more.

If you have not yet donated, please consider just sending $1.00 (one dollar). If everyone that reads this post sent $1.00, we could raise hundreds, if not thousands of dollars for these poor souls.

So while you do not have to donate to this fund, I hope you consider donating somewhere.

Marcus

#46 6 years ago

Just found this thread.
    It is true. Both of the Beaumont city water pumps failed last night. No water in the city for days now as pumps are submerged.
    The are evacuating our hospitals as I type this.
    Just when we thought It could not get any worse.
    Leon Moncla.

#47 6 years ago

This is just great. Nice to be able to help. From afar.

I really like that pinball helped here. Xerico thanks again.

#48 6 years ago

Armadillos being saved. Ivenever even seen an armadillo in the wild. Pretty cool.

It is amazing to see the people stepping up to help others. In these disasters.

The triumph of the human spirit.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Armadillos being saved. Ivenever even seen an armadillo in the wild. Pretty cool.
    It is amazing to see the people stepping up to help others. In these disasters.
    The triumph of the human spirit.

Tha armadillo was cute. He was holding on to the water cutoff valves on the school wall. I grabbed him by the tail and put him in the kayak and he made a huge stink and jumped out. When I tried to get him again I turned over. I couldn't touch so I had to swim. I put him in the kayak and my son pulled me to a shallow spot so I could get back in. Whenwe got to dry land he jumped out and took off without a thank you. Surprisingly that was the most exiting thing that happened to me. Now my son went back and went in the school and we got a email really quick saying stay out of the school till they say we can come back. Oooops.
    To any pinside that was flooded out you have my sympathies and if you are in kingwood you are welcome to come by. If you have nowhere to go I have a garage with A/C with 6 pins in it that you could stay in for a few days.

#50 6 years ago

Sent what I could. What an amazing thing you are doing. Really pulling for TX out here in socal. You are in our thoughts

Scott

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fundraiser-for-hurricane-harvey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.